• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rockruff and the Guardian Deity from the Ruins of Life (980)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't. I'm tired of the "Ash gets the super-rare thing" treatment.

I know you don't. :p

But I'm all for another super special, super powerful ace for Ash! :D

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
Tapu Lele is really psychotic. Kicking opponents into severe pain, using Draining Kiss on not just two Pokemon but A HUMAN as well... I would not want that thing to continue running wild!

Overall, pretty awesome episode. Rockruff's development and the fact they included Gladion's Lycanroc and Olivia's really added to it as they were Lycanroc Rockruff had interacted with and looked up to before his evolution.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Dang, Tapu Lele, you scary! (Then again it's being pretty accurate to it's Dex description, so I can't complain.)

I wasn't surprised Type: Null was basically a "Hey, I exist btw," appearance, but I still appreciate the scene with it anyway.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I loved this episode. Even though Rockruff's evolution sequence was spoiled by Pokénchi, I still enjoyed seeing it in context in the episode proper. If I understood correctly, Professor Kukui said something about the "green flash" being related to Rockruff's evolving into Dusk Lycanroc. It doesn't seem Tapu Lele is directly involved. It did seem aware of what was going on, though--like it knew Rockruff was close to evolving.

And it's official: Tapu Lele is a jerk. It sees Rockruff training, and then (seemingly gleefully) starts beating up the poor puppy. When Midnight Lycanroc asks it to heal Rockruff, it throws the wolf into the bushes, and then does the same to Midday Lycanroc when it tries to protect Rockruff. When its sparkles don't work, it uses Draining Kiss on the Lycanroc and Ash and sucks the energy out of them.

(I did a chuckle out of the scene with Tapu Lele and the Lycanroc, though. Midnight makes a request, and it gets thrown into the bushes. Midday makes a request, and Tapu Lele listens. It makes me wonder if either Midday mentioned its Trainer is the Island Kahuna. Either that, or Midnight just wasn't polite enough for Tapu Lele. :p )

I liked the interactions between Midday and Midnight Lycanroc. At first meeting, they are a little hostile to each other, growling at each other; but then they unite to help Rockruff, and they protect it (and Ash) against Tapu Lele. And then, during Rockruff's evolution, they howl alongside it.

Gladion and Type: Null's appearance was pretty much as brief as I thought it was going to be, but it was still nice to see. It seems Type: Null is still a little wild and Gladion doesn't have it completely under control yet. Also, Gladion, shouldn't you be more concerned, or at least curious, as to why your Lycanroc wandered off? All he says is, "Be back by night," and that's it.

thor94

tapu lele is really psycho. And another legend joining the "i'am a pokemon who kissed ash" club.

Last edited:

13_luckynumber

Erm, did Tapu Lele beat Rockruff up just for like, fun? Also, bit of an overreaction blasting Midnight in the bush there? And, erm, it literally sucked the life out of 3 beings!?!?!?!??!?!?!

This thing is a psycho

dman_dustin

(I did a chuckle out of the scene with Tapu Lele and the Lycanroc, though. Midnight makes a request, and it gets thrown into the bushes. Midday makes a request, and Tapu Lele listens. It makes me wonder if either Midday mentioned its Trainer is the Island Kahuna. Either that, or Midnight just wasn't polite enough for Tapu Lele. :p )

It didn't listen to Midday either, the only reason Tapu Lele tried to make any more effort was because it realized it was the same Rockruff that it beat up from before.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
so did gladion say he was trying to hide type:null? also it looked like type:null wasn't feeling comfortable with the helmet on. definitely some hints towards a future arc.

good episode, although i feel like outside of the evolution sequence, the animation was a little lackluster. anyways, dusk form lycanroc looks awesome with ash.

knightwolf09

Welp, looks like I was right. Dusk form is one of a kind. Rotom had no data on it, and Kukui seemed to have named it Dusk form himself. So it's Ash-Greninja all over again with Ash getting another super rare pokemon. Remember when the most special pokemon that Ash go was a shiny Noctowl?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Also, Gladion, shouldn't you be more concerned, or at least curious, as to why your Lycanroc wandered off? All he says is, "Be back by night," and that's it.
Part of having a Midnight Lycanroc is probably respecting its independence, otherwise if may start to resent its trainer.

knightwolf09

Oh yeah, anybody else noticed Gladion's Type:Null was in a premier ball?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So Gladion's appearance was just a "hey, I'm still alive and I have this chimera with me" than his Lycanroc helping at all?

Well, another girl kisses Ash on the cheek much earlier than Serena did. Poor girl can't catch a break.

Man the Sun Dex enterie about Tapu Lele being guilelessly cruel is no joke. She will heal you or beat you up

That's not so much being a sadist than actually being playfully rough, though. Sadist people really take great pleasure on others' pains.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

I noticed it, but I forgot which ball that was until I saw the forums.

I like how more trainers are using different types of pokeballs now instead of the norm pokeball. Only other time I remember them doing this was Ash's Totodile.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This episode was pretty good. So we learn that Tapu Lele is a retarded psychopath who doesn't even know what it wants to do. Sometimes it just heals Pokémon like that Yungoos, and other times it's batsh** insane and attacking Pokémon.

Yeah it was interesting to see Type : Null, but honestly, Gladion was in this episode only for his Midnight Lycanroc to be around. I guess it's foreshadowing a future arc for Gladion and Type : Null.

The evolution itself, though obviously spoiled beforehand by Pokenchi was still nice since we got some context. Seems like it's something to do with the green flash. I actually thought that barring the really nice animation for the evolution, the rest of the episode's animation wasn't that impressive.

I really liked the part where all three Lycanroc were howling. Honestly, Midnight Lycanroc still looks the best to me. Anyway, the previous episode and this episode atleast end Akala on a decent note. Although I still didn't like the overall arc that much due to how rushed it was, though thankfully episodes 36 and today's episode 37 were good. So overall episode is 8.5/10.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I sure hope Ash isn't heavily used for marketing purposes in this region. The previous region was pretty bad at it for the final episodes, so I don't want to see this form shoved down our throats too much over the others this early.

CelebiAS

I loved all about this episode.
I think it was the best 'pokemon gets lost' episode I've seen so far.

Tapu Lele may become my favourite pokemon of all if we keep seeing her.