• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rockruff and the Guardian Deity from the Ruins of Life (980)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Rockruff and the Guardian Deity from the Ruins of Life

Following the Grand Trial, Rockruff continues to get agitated and restless and decides to go out in the night. Not returning in the morning, Ash & co. start looking for it. Olivia suggests Ash check the Ruins of Life, where he eventually finds Rockruff. Learning it faced off against Tapu Lele, Rockruff is highly injured and, before they know it, it starts to evolve...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

Janovy

Banned
Type: Null going slightly out of control, Gladion calming it down in the cave as seen in the preview.

The dialogue implies Gladion is hiding Type: Null.

Janovy

Banned
Tapu Lele is a psycho wtf

ALSO, Tapu Lele used Draining Kiss on Ash and the two Lycanroc.

I assume that will contribute to the evolution into the special new form.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Kukui in a way confirms that Rockruff's evolution to Dusk Lycanroc Form is related to the 'Green Flash' phenomena (which is actually a rare phenomena), atleast in the anime.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Man the Sun Dex enterie about Tapu Lele being guilelessly cruel is no joke. She will heal you or beat you up

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Kukui in a way confirms that Rockruff's evolution to Dusk Lycanroc Form is related to the 'Green Flash' phenomena (which is actually a rare phenomena), atleast in the anime.

Well it is a real thing so an evolution triggered by this rare event is not farfetch'd.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Wow, Rockruff went through a lot just to evolve. And both formed Lycanroc went out of its way to help it get better. I liked on how it didn't end with Rockruff just evolving but we didn't really get to it interact or move much but there's something in its eye to say that it's still the same Rockruff from before but much more dedicated to its owner and stronger in physical strength. They should just call it the Green Flash Lycanroc. :p

Also, Rockruff has its evolved form with Kukui in the ending. Sorry, I was writing this as the commercials were on.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Great, great episode. Just loved how the two Lycanrocs were guarding Rockruff, Tapu Lele's role was really good, and evolutionary scene: man, that was super duper fantastic! And the way Ash and Dusk Lycanroc were shown were Ash and co. were returning from Akala via boat, I've little doubts that it will be Ash's Alola ace. Great episode! 9.5/10.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe it was just getting used to it's evolved form, but I really hope that Duskroc doesn't lose the personality it had as Rockruff.

Oh and Tapu Lele is adorable to watch, if a closet psycho.

Still salty about Pokenchi spoiling it but was overall good.

Guess that this is Olivia's final episode. To bad... I really had fun with this character. Out of all the adult women in this show (besides Jessie) she is probably my favorite one. She was just overall a fun very clumsy, emotional character. Maybe that is the reason why I liked her so much. She was so different compare to the other adult woman in the anime who where most of the time just down to earth woman with not that much out standing features.

I will miss Olivia but at least she had a good run as a minor character. Hope the other ones are as enjoyable as she was.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Maybe it was just getting used to it's evolved form, but I really hope that Duskroc doesn't lose the personality it had as Rockruff.

Oh and Tapu Lele is adorable to watch, if a closet psycho.

Still salty about Pokenchi spoiling it but was overall good.

It most probably will lose the personality I think, it looks very calm and cool- typical for an ace.

I didn't give this episode 10/10 because I hoped to see more of Gladion and Type:Null in this episode.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Guess that this is Olivia's final episode. To bad... I really had fun with this character. Out of all the adult woman in this show (besides Jessie) she is probably my favorite one. She was just overall a fun very clumsy, emotional character. Maybe that is the reason why I liked her so much. She was so different compare to the other adult woman in the anime who where most of the time just down to earth woman with not that much out standing features.

I will miss Olivia but at least she had a good run as a minor character. Hope the other ones are as enjoyable as she was.

Same. Hopefully since Kiawe lives on Akala, we may get to see a bit more of her? Depends what USM has in store...

It most probably will lose the personality I think, it looks very calm and cool- typical for an ace.

I didn't give this episode 10/10 because I hoped to see more of Gladion and Type:Null in this episode.

I got the impression Gladion was hiding Type:Null and trying to bond with it. Would have loved seeing Lillie and Gladion have some sort of relationship improvement but alas.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
You'd have gotten it spoiled by Corocoro even if they hadn't done that early reveal on Pokenchi, though.

True. I wish they had kept the reveal hidden until today (isn't Corocoro normally leaked on the 15th? Wasn't expecting it to be revealed that early).

Shotgunrain

So Lycanroc was shown with Kukui in the ending song...I hope that doesn't mean Ash will release Lycanroc and give it back to Kukui or something!

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Man the Sun Dex enterie about Tapu Lele being guilelessly cruel is no joke. She will heal you or beat you up

Or she beat you then heal you then beat you up, then again heal you and again beat you up.
An almost never ending cycle.

On another note, Type: Null was inside a 'Premier Ball' if a noticed is right.
And if i remember right, this is the first time they showcased 'Premier Ball' in the anime, isn't it?

Last edited: