• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rockruff and the Guardian Deity from the Ruins of Life (980)

ShadowForce720

Welp, looks like I was right. Dusk form is one of a kind. Rotom had no data on it, and Kukui seemed to have named it Dusk form himself. So it's Ash-Greninja all over again with Ash getting another super rare pokemon. Remember when the most special pokemon that Ash go was a shiny Noctowl?

Nope, unless the Green Flash that occurs only occurs once every hundred years or something, then it's unlikely that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is the only Dusk Lycanroc out there, as there are plenty of other Rockruffs that could have gone through the process as well, so chances are there are other Dusk Lycanroc it's just that Ash's is the first one were seeing and no Rotom having no data doesn't mean that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is the only one in existence or the first of it's kind, as it's just rare and Rotom Dex doesn't know everything so it's just that it hasn't happened enough to have that many records but it's probably more common then the Bond Phenomenon.

And before you try to say that oh know Ash's is the only Dusk Lycanroc, may I remind you that if all takes for a Rockruff to evolve into a Dusk Lycanroc is the GreenFlash at Sunset or Sunrise occurring then it's unlikely no matter how you look at it that Ash's Rockruff is the only one that's gone through the process.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
What moves did Tapu Lele use in this episode? Draining Kiss and? Also, did it use Psychic Terrain or was it Psychic Surge?

Well Psychic Surge is its ability that automatically brings out Psychic Terrain. So I think it only used Draining Kiss.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Well Psychic Surge is its ability that automatically brings out Psychic Terrain. So I think it only used Draining Kiss.

It also used Dazzling Gleam (same animation as Tapu Koko in SM002)

Rohanator

Nope, unless the Green Flash that occurs only occurs once every hundred years or something, then it's unlikely that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is the only Dusk Lycanroc out there, as there are plenty of other Rockruffs that could have gone through the process as well, so chances are there are other Dusk Lycanroc it's just that Ash's is the first one were seeing and no Rotom having no data doesn't mean that Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is the only one in existence or the first of it's kind, as it's just rare and Rotom Dex doesn't know everything so it's just that it hasn't happened enough to have that many records but it's probably more common then the Bond Phenomenon.

And before you try to say that oh know Ash's is the only Dusk Lycanroc, may I remind you that if all takes for a Rockruff to evolve into a Dusk Lycanroc is the GreenFlash at Sunset or Sunrise occurring then it's unlikely no matter how you look at it that Ash's Rockruff is the only one that's gone through the process.
I mean sure it'd make sense that this has happened before but the fact still is that Rotom had no data about the form and Kukui had to name it himself (he said that since it's dusk it should be called dusk form lol, it's like when Bonnie named Ash Greninja), so as far as the narrative of the show goes it's clearly unique, that's what the writers are literally telling us. At the very least it's so rare that no official researchers have come across it, otherwise it would be common knowledge recorded into Pokedexes, but that's fan theory territory, it's clearly going to be treated as one of a kind in the show and that's what matters. Doesn't make much sense but can't really argue with the word of the author.

I don't think it'll be super special as far as battling goes though, just a standard strong Mon. Unless it's stronger than normal Lycanrocs in the games (which would be more justified now that it's apparently confirmed to be an event Mon, but I doubt it).

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Probably my favourite episode of SM and the Gladion episode I wanted since the beginning. Still not a fan of the Dusk form, but that's not a problem.

9/10 hope this is the episode where SM starts to get better.

uber gon

Accept Change
If Dusk Lycanroc is the first of its kind, Ash should be prepared for A LOT of press interviews like in the Battle Dome. Hope that doesn't interfere with his Island Challenge.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If Dusk Lycanroc is the first of its kind, Ash should be prepared for A LOT of press interviews like in the Battle Dome.

This is Alola we are talking about, where they think that the reason why there is an Alolan Raichu is because "maybe it ate too many sweet, fluffy pancakes".

In-short i doubt there would be any issues media wise even if Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is the first of its kind.

Nebbygetinthebag

This is one of my favorite episode,Tapu lele is such a psycho and I really like Dusk Lycanroc design It look so cool also seeing gladion again was great and I can't wait to see his arc with Type null.Overall this episode was good I give it a 9/10.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
This is Alola we are talking about, where they think that the reason why there is an Alolan Raichu is because "maybe it ate too many sweet, fluffy pancakes".

In-short i doubt there would be any issues media wise even if Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is the first of its kind.

Technically the Dex entries were probably exaggerated by Rotom. Would be neat to see Kukui study Lycanroc in a lab at some point.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If Dusk Lycanroc is the first of its kind, Ash should be prepared for A LOT of press interviews like in the Battle Dome. Hope that doesn't interfere with his Island Challenge.

Idk nothing like that happened with Ash-Greninja.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I liked how the green light event triggered the evolution. I'm also happy that the anime actually used that real life event.

uber gon

Accept Change

Kalos is a fairly large region that dealt with Kaiju and the Kalos League, among other things. Alola is a small series of islands that doesn't have a lot of "big" things happening currently.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

True, but there was already a legend in Kalos about it, and the nation more than likely saw it for the first time in its debut at the League, where Team Flares attack at the end overshadowed the existence of Ash Greninja.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Tapu Lele is hilarious and evil (I love it), the way it giggles when it was attacking Rockruff and such. Anyway, I liked seeing all three Lycanroc at once and seeing Gladion. Type Null looked and sounded pretty cool and seeing Umbreon is always a plus for me personally. This episode was good though, but not really much to say about it tbh. It would've been a lot better if we hadn't gotten spoiled beforehand, with the evolution.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
On another note, I loved how they gave Type: Null an echo to its voice to show how the mask is indeed not a natural part of its body. Surprised I've never considered it would have a voice like that.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It most probably will lose the personality I think, it looks very calm and cool- typical for an ace.
It boggles my mind that you are able to so casually brush off a character's personality just for the sake of looking cool. There is a huge difference between looking and being.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

This is more of a Mega Evolution deal than a Satoshi-Gekkouga one, it's very unlikely that his is the only Dusk Lugarugan running around. It doesn't matter that Rotom and Kukui were unaware of it, Platane didn't know about a bunch of Mega Evolutions despite them existing. It's clearly not meant to be one-of-a-kind and it's not being treated as better or grandeur than any other Pokemon. People seemed more surprised by the Tapu he fought with Pikachu if anything versus this Lugarugan, and I love it and this episode but I certainly don't want it used as a vehicle to shill him despite the proper development, handling and buildup Iwanko was given in its little battle and evolve arc.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Part of having a Midnight Lycanroc is probably respecting its independence, otherwise if may start to resent its trainer.
I'm aware of that. I was mostly joking. It just made me chuckle that Gladion seemed so nonchalant that his Lycanroc just wandered off without any indication of where it was going.

Karalala

Does anyone know the name of the music at the start of the episode during the Grand Trial flashback ?

⬇Oh I didn't know that, thank you very much !

Last edited: