• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rockruff and the Guardian Deity from the Ruins of Life (980)

DatsRight

I ended up appreciating Kapu-Tetefu's personality much more than I had expected, and I was happy that we saw Gladio again with his Type: Null, although it was a pity that he didn't see Satoshi and Lilie. Dusk Lugarugan looked good, but as an Iwanko fan, the evolution made me somewhat wistful.

I felt similar, especially since Rockruff evolved so early on. Couldn't you have stayed our widdle puppy just a little longer?

Granted Lycanroc actually keeping it's playful personality did ease that a little.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I felt similar, especially since Rockruff evolved so early on. Couldn't you have stayed our widdle puppy just a little longer?

Granted Lycanroc actually keeping it's playful personality did ease that a little.

Probably because Generation VII is ending fall 2018

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
This episode is now available in Dutch on Pokémon TV. And I must say it's great in Dutch as well. They call the Dusk form the "schemervorm" which I think is a very good translation, especially considering what it is in Japanese (schemer pretty much means 'in between light and dark', usually used for the time of day around sunset or sunrise). So far I'm very impressed with the Dutch dub for Sun and Moon, Christa Lips and Bianca Steenhagen are doing a fantastic job with the translations, they are accurate, and fit the timing, tone, and characters very well. They're also experienced with the pokémon dub, Steenhagen has been here since at least Sinnoh (Hoenn and earlier actually didn't change the credits for the Dutch version, instead crediting the US production), and Lips has already been there since the very beginning as she also voices Ash. I wonder if they also follow the Japanese version for their translations or if they purely follow the US version, I know they use the US footage and music score because it's licensed and broadcast by Disney XD, but some of the translations seem to follow the Japanese version better than the US dub does. For example Lillie's Vulpix is called "Sneeuwvlok" in Dutch, which literally means snowflake, coming a bit closer to the Japanese "Snowball/Shiron" than the English "Snowy" does in my opinion.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This episode is now available in Dutch on Pokémon TV. And I must say it's great in Dutch as well. They call the Dusk form the "schemervorm" which I think is a very good translation, especially considering what it is in Japanese (schemer pretty much means 'in between light and dark', usually used for the time of day around sunset or sunrise). So far I'm very impressed with the Dutch dub for Sun and Moon, Christa Lips and Bianca Steenhagen are doing a fantastic job with the translations, they are accurate, and fit the timing, tone, and characters very well. They're also experienced with the pokémon dub, Steenhagen has been here since at least Sinnoh (Hoenn and earlier actually didn't change the credits for the Dutch version, instead crediting the US production), and Lips has already been there since I think Unova. I wonder if they also follow the Japanese version for their translations or if they purely follow the US version, I know they use the US footage and music score because it's licensed and broadcast by Disney XD, but some of the translations seem to follow the Japanese version better than the US dub does. For example Lillie's Vulpix is called "Sneeuwvlok" in Dutch, which literally means snowflake, coming a bit closer to the Japanese "Snowball/Shiron" than the English "Snowy" does in my opinion.
The English Snowy isn't a failed attempt to translate the Japanese, it's just a separate nickname they chose/made up

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kukui: It's inexcusable to wander in the middle of the night!

Really. You're telling this to the kid who most certainly has wandered around said time more than a dozen times already. And why should it matter to him? It's not like Ash is utterly defenseless.

Oh noez, these scratch marks can't be healed. This is serious! Or really cheesy. This is why these bloodless puppets can't strike drama.

Despite how it's stated Lele can't tell she's being rough, it's a wonder it can't tell that much. I liked the in-game descriptions saying she's actually that sadist and can tell what she's doing.

Congrats, Rockruff. You have evolved into the most boring, laziest, ridiculous design of the Lycanroc family. Do tell us how much Sunny D you drank.

I would have liked to see Gladion's Lycanroc being shown going back to him. It's like he just wandered into the plot but nobody knew.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Lele sure like to have fun beating Rockruff. As for its evolution, once again Ash had access to unique forms that came out in the anime first after Ash-Greninja because of his main character status...

Leonhart

Imagineer
AznKei said:
Lele sure like to have fun beating Rockruff. As for its evolution, once again Ash had access to unique forms that came out in the anime first after Ash-Greninja because of his main character status...

But unlike his Gekkouga's unique transformation, Lugarugan's Dusk form isn't as overused by comparison, and to me it looks pretty awesome.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly a bittersweet episode for me: I like the fact that the Rockruff storyline was put to an end, the cameo of Gladion/Type:Null, the teamwork of the Lycanroc, and Tapu Lele's insanity. However, I really dislike Dusk Lycanroc. I was wishing Ash got Midnight but instead we got this thing :/

Jnmisty

Ash showing up like that after trying to find Rockruff was funny. Plus he even protected it from Tapu Lele. Although he got hit by it’s draining kiss attack, it used the healing energy on Rockruff and not on itself.