• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rockstar's J.A.R.D

rckstr

Rockstar's
JUST.ANOTHER.RAINY.DAY

tornadus_sig_by_supersleuth10-d4h5gci.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introduction

Hey, first of all I would like to thank some people who helped me in making this team aswell as fixing up somethings in the team, [IMP]Atthrax gets the most credit as he helped me build the team so thanks mate. [IMP] Marth, Bernice, Chuck and Ninja_Dog all gave me some positive feedback to help tweak this team up.
Now lets get into this team in general, the idea of the team is balanced Rain.It involves winning the weather war which is usually not very hard seeing the bulk the majority of the Pokemon in my team carry through defensive EV Spreads.The majority of this team looks bulky and stall minded but it was made on the basis to abuse Hurricane Tornadus and Dragonite in the rain to cause havoc, the Dragonite set was later changed to a more basic Dragon Dance+Waterfall set as Physical walls were causing me too many problems.
The team relies on crippling the opposing team through all 3 types of status, Hazards in the form Stealth Rock, stalling the opponent early on the game, forcing him to sacrifice pokemon aswell as my defensive 4 of Politoed, Mew, Jirachi and Ferrothorn denting holes in the opponent's team through stall leaves massive holes in the team such as Burnt Sweepers, Paralyzed Scarfers, Poisoned Stallers making it easy for Dragonite and Tornadus to clean up late on, aside for that Jirachi also plays a major role in getting rid of Pokemon with a underrated Rain calm mind set.
This team has been very successful for me when I have used it, having only laddered on the Pokemon Online Server for a short period of time I was able to reach 1340 and I probably would have gone higher and plan to ladder with it more soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At A Glance

186.png
598.png
121.png
385.png
149.png
641.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Detail

115px-186Politoed.png

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald
- Perish Song

Politoed plays such a big role and is one of if not the most important Pokemon in the team as it sets up the rain, Surf is for STAB which actually used to be Hydro pump but then it missed I think 4 times in a row and I kind of rage deleted it and replaced it with surf, under the rain without and Special Attack EVS it's still pretty strong.Toxic along with Protect allows me to Toxic stall Pokemon and with Politoed's superb bulk it can also take a few hits for me.Protect also serves as a way to scout the opponent's moves and can many times influence a change of mind in the move the opponent uses once I use protect as he might expect a switch.Perish Song is such a great little move that helps me stop Set Up Sweepers and Baton pass so I am not exposed to a sweep.Leftovers to serve as a form of recovery for Politoed.The EVS are max in HP and divided between defense and Special defense in order to use Politoed's superb bulk to take hits.After lots of thought I have also replaced Surf with Scald due to the Burn rate and Surf does not get me any notable KOs over Scald.

180px-598Ferrothorn.png

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave​

Ferrothorn's typing provides a great switch in for the very common Rotom-W, being able to shrug off both it's STAB attacks Ferrothorn is a great switch in for Rotom-w.Aside from that Ferrothorn helps me set up Stealth Rock which is vital to almost any team, it uses Thunder Wave to slow things down in the opponent's team to make the job for my other 5 Pokemon easier and I might even benefit from a bit of parahax here and there.Leech Seed is to cripple bulky Pokemon making them easier to take done and also serves as a way to recover some health that my ferrothorn or other team members lost.Power Whip is a simple powerful STAB move used to wreck ground and water pokemon and despite Ferrothorn's average attack stat it does quite a bit of damage on Water and Ground types for me which is a great help.Overall it's defensive synergy with Politoed and Mew is fantastic and Ferrothorn is a vital member of the team.

170px-121Starmie.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin​

Due the the immense need for a Rapid Spinner in my team, I got two suggestions Tentacruel and Starmie.Having trying out both I came to the conlusion that Tentacruel was great but Starmie's offensive power has made me choos it.Even without a Life Orb or Special Attack boosting nature the amount of Pokemon this Star runs through is retarded, Hydro Pump is so ridiculous under the Rain that it's funny.It can 2HKO Breloom which says alot, Thunder is used because I usually have my rain up and it makes Starmie such an offensive force but also supports the team with teh random parahax.Icebeam is so that I can get Bolt-Beam Coverage and finally Rapid Spin is the move that is so important for my team allowing Dragonite to use Multiscale and Tornadus to switch in multiple times as Stealth Rock is removes.I was confused on what to use here so credit goes to Haunter and BKC for helping me out.

170px-385Jirachi.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 44 SDef / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Water Pulse
- Calm Mind​

Jirachi starts off the offensive power this team holds, the little thing may look cute on the eyes but has a real monster waiting inside.This set wrecks so much stuff in the rain that it's ridiculous, crazy whatever you want to describe it.Substitute on one of the countless Pokemon Jirachi causes to switch out, Calm Mind your soul out with all the bulk Jirachi has and at +2 or +3 it's ready to tear teams apart.Thunder with it's power, 100% accuracy and Paralysis chance along with Serene Grace.... mother of god......that's scary.A boosted Aqua tail with that boosted confusion rate coming off some ridiculous Special Attack stat also takes loads of stuff out.Overall this little thing with's power, defenses and hax has forced so many people to rage quit at me that it makes me laugh.One of the pokemon that contributes alot to the team .

149Dragonite.png

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Earthquake​

This is a fairly simple Dragon Dance set that I got from ScubaSteve on Xat the other day and it works extremley well for my team.The Multiscale ability lets Dragonite take almost any hit and respond back with a nice little Dragon Dance, at +1 it becomes a pain for my opponent to handle and if yoyou let it get to +2 well you don't want to imagine it.The offensive coverage I get with Waterfall, Outrage and Earthquake is crazy, only ferrothorn is able to resist them all but when Dragonite comes out late game Ferrothorn is usually dead or damaged enough for Dragonite to deal with.EVs are classic sweeper EVs with Adamant to maximise attack while Lum Berry lets me get a minimum of 4 Outrages with Dragonite.My thoughts are very good on Dragonite as it usually nabs 2-3 kills a game.I lack a rapid spinner so I don't always benefit from Multiscale, I have got some suggestions to replace Jirachi with a LO Starmie, what are your thoughts on that?

143px-641Tornadus.png

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Specs Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Rain Dance​

Star Of the Show.Oh my god, one of the best sweepers around, it has to be on of the most fun Pokemon to use in todays Metagame if you have Rain up, Hurricane destroys pretty much everything in it's path and even Pokemon that resist Hurricane lose very large chunks of thier health switching into it and overall this can run though almost every Pokemon that is not a fat pink blob.Hurricane is move I use 99% of the time.U-Turn is used early game sometimes to scout my opponent, Focus Blast is for Pokemon that resist Hurricane like Steel Types and fiannly Rain Dance is used late game incase Politoed is dead to get 5 turns of rain which can be crucial for me in winning the game.Overall I do not plan to change this guy one bit because he has to be the most important pokemon for this team under the rain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

Overall this team has been very fun to use for me and I plan to continue using it and improving it for a long time.Hopefully it can achieve Rank 1 after it has been finished thanks to your rates.I go on Pokemon Online Smogon Server and Pokemon Online Server with the nickname -Rockstar- so if you want to test something against this team to help me out then drop me a VM and we can arrange a battle.Thanks for reading and please post your rates below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Importable

PHP:
Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf
- Perish Song

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 156 SDef / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 44 SDef / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Water Pulse
- Calm Mind

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Rain Dance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Former Members

200px-151Mew.png

Mew @ Leftovers Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 156 SDef / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp​

Mew is a Pokemon many people look over when building a team which in truth is a big mistake.Mew completes the defesnive trio of my Rain team alongside Ferrothorn and Politoed and is a surprise package fore most opponents.Offensive? Defensive? Baton Pass? Status Spreader? What set is Mew running? It keeps people guessing when I send him out and thats where he helps out.Will O Wisp helps me hit Scizor and Tyranitar with a burn in order to cripple their ability to not only one hit KO but also 2 hit KO mew.It causes so many rage quits with it's Will O Wisp and Roost stalling on physical attackers.Roost is a simple form of recovery which works well together with leftovers and finally thunderbolt and icebeam provide fantastic bolt-beam coverage on this mew set.I was debating about replacing Thunderbolt with Thunder but it would stop me from crippling the likes of Scizor at time and it's also because I don't want to rely on thunder too much in my team incase Rain goes out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

365pokemon

Substitute charge beam magnezone, is usually a threat to rain teams, since most carry steel types and water types. Magnezone can switch in on ferrothorn, and set up to plus six with a sub up. That's a kill on your ferrothorn, a kill on something else on your team that breaks the sub, and a possible kill if you can't OHKO it after that. Maybe shed shell on ferrothorn (jirachi handles magnezone fine).

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
You could give this jirachi a go because you have no way of healing your jirachi and when you sub you lose health then if it's hit you can't really set up and sweep so try this set

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Water Pulse
- Wish

i use this poiltoad because with it's speed it is really useful but t depends on what your up against really

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

so far i think your team is ok and i battled it right? if so don't let a dragonite set up by useing ferros power whip because it wll just sweep, if you want to use ferro to stop it you need gyro ball.

rckstr

Yeah I should have switched out on Dnite.
Thanks for the rate, I'll give the sets a try.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Not much of a rate but drizzle never runs out, so idk if you need rain dance, maybe, hp Ground? Gets rid of its three weaknesses.

Enjyu

Made In China.
Protect on ferrothorn is usually very nice.

Other than that I've seen this team 500 times.