• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rodents and Birds

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
Have any of you noticed that in all generations of pokemon there is a new bird and some sort of rodent at the start?
Example:
1st- Pidgy and Rattata
2nd- Hoothoot and Sentret
3rd- Tailow and Zigzagoon
4th- Starly and Bidoof

I wounder if they will keep this up? It's just weird who they always add these kinds of pokemon...?

They are there to provide easy HM slaves, and rarely, a good pkmn(staraptor says hi). I'm sure it will continue, I dont mind it.

Off topic: nice user title: Trigonometric ratios?
Sine-opposite/Hypotenuse
Cosine-Adjacent/Hypotenuse
Tangent-Opposite/Adjacent
I hated that crap.

There's also always a common bug type of some sort in the beginning.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Its a tradition, same happens with most Pokemon.
Usually some Legendary trio
Then there Pokemon like: Dratini-Laritivar-Beldum-Gibi

And so on,

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
Then there is some type of Pokemon associated with 3- 3 Legenday birds, dogs, regies, and the Srpites(Me Sprite, Uxi, and Azulif)

Cubed

You best believe it
I have noticed. As a have a lot of other people. I don't think it's ever going to change.

Arbok

aka Arbok
Also their evos.
Later Raticates, Bibarels, Furrets, and Linoones are everywhere. x_x

Sad but true. :/

There's also always a common bug type of some sort in the beginning.

Well, I liked Caterpie and Weedle, Spinarak and Ledyba where cool too, but Kricketot dissapointed me.

Its a tradition, same happens with most Pokemon.
Usually some Legendary trio
Then there Pokemon like: Dratini-Laritivar-Beldum-Gibi

And so on,

And Bagon? And Trapinch?

Zig

Growl
You serious? Did you notice that in every generation there are three tiny Pokémon you get from a dirty old man in the very beginning in order to complete your Pokémon Index?

Chimecho3000

KyonKyon

Gust of Wind
There was always a dragon from each gen you know...?

Dragonite, Tyrannitar, Salamence and Garchomp?

But you should have pointed it out by now that each gen has the same templates

Chimecho3000

Tyranitar isn't a Dragon type. But they are all fully evolved 600 base stat Pokemon (plus Metagross).

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
Theres usually a secondary bird, too. Like Spearow/Fearow, and Wingull/Peliper. It must be an every other gen thing.

Wedrall

Pokemon Expert
Well, since rodents and birds, along with bugs, are the most common animals on earth, I guess having lots of rodent, avian, and insectoid Pokemon makes sense. Not to mention it would give the guys making Pokemon up a break from thinking too hard - "I don't know, what else could we make?'
"Hmmm. How 'bout some more rodents or birds?"
"Oh, duh. Should have thought of that myself."