• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Roll to Dodge! 4

CuriousHeartless

(Note to Mods: The previous two runners of Roll To Dodge! games have seemingly left the forums. As such, I do not have permission from the previous thread owners, but I doubt I could get that permission and neither created this idea to begin with.)

Hello all, and welcome to...

Roll to Dodge! 4: The Goblet of a New Hope and Thanks for all the Fish.

For everyone going 'What's Roll to Dodge?' let me explain. This works kind of like Dungeons and Dragons, you make a character and then when we get enough people, the GM (Me) will start a game. During each round, you will give a command to your character. It can be as simple or as complicated as you like, but more complicated or harder commands will have a harder time getting good rolls. After either time has elapsed or everyone has posted their command, a ref (Me to start with, but like in past incarnations of this game more refs will be accepted) will post the results. This will continue until a winner is decided.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts only worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The situation didn't improve by as much as you have intended.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your goal.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that side-effects are inevitable.

Character Sheet:

Name: Your character's name.
Gender: Your character's gender. Male, female, other, none.
Backstory: You character's backstory. You aren't signing up for an RP so it shouldn't be three paragraphs long, but at least give something.
Major skill(if applicable): A major skill that your character focuses around. A roll involving this skill will be easier on the character. Keep it fitting with your character, a British policeman will not be a master with a gun.
Minor skills(if applicable): 2-3 minor skills that your character has. These won't help as much as a major skill, but will help if one comes in handy. Keep it fitting with the character, your rebelious teen won't be speaking five languages.
Equipment(if applicable): Starting equipment. Keep it reasonable.

Overall, as long as you keep it balanced and consistent, your character can be anything you want. Samurai who still practices Bushido and fights with a katana? Sure! T-rex? Sure! Librarian who is getting in over their head? Sure!

During each round, each character starts with 10 Health and 10 Mentality. If your Health runs out, you are dead for good. If your Mentality hits 4 or lower, you enter Insanity mode.

Insanity Mode:

In Insanitiy Mode, you will be rolling a special 12 sided dice, here is how it breaks down, 1-3 = Auto Death. 4-5 = Epic Fail. 6-7 = Fail. 8-10= Success. 11-12 MEGA OVERSHOOT!.

In MEGA OVERSHOOT you will do things above the realm of possibilities, You see a torch, roll an eleven and you might become a Human Torch, MEGA OVERSHOOT is so strange and extreme, you never know what could happen. However if you want, you can regain more mentality, and go back to normal, if you do not like the odds. It also discounts all modifiers.

Ties:
A round can end in a tie, but it requires the following criteria:
1) No more than three people may share a tie. If there are more than three contestants alive at the point a tie would be declared, then you must kill each other until there is only three.
2) The final boss of the round must have been defeated in some way.
3) Everyone still alive by then must agree to it. If even one of you wants to continue fighting to the death, then the round continues.

Rules:
All SPPF Rules
Please be active. All rounds will have a 72-hour limit. After this, the round is closed and anyone who hasn't posted a command will be given an automatic roll of 1.
Bold all rolls, this makes it easier to find them.
You may carry seven items not counting your beginning items.
No editing. If you edit your post, you get an automatic roll of 1.

Referees
CuriousHeartless
(If you want to become a referee, let me know and I'll let you attempt a round. If you do a good job, you will be accepted. Please do not apply if you will not be active)

Rounds
I don't think it would be right to let all the past victors be forgotten so they will be listed here.

Version 1: None, the first round never ended.
Version 2: None, the first round never ended here either.
Version 3:
Round 1 - Jackson Black (CuriousHeartless)
Round 2 - Sirius (Psiionic), Ignis (Captain Doctor Digi), Pastel (CuriousHeartless)
Round 3 - Sora (Winder)
Round 4 - Locher Neston (InfernalBlaze), Arthur (Mon1010)
Round 5 - Jon Teou (Pokelegend), Roma-Laa the Kantus (Ghost of the Forums), Captain Octavio Pye the Pirate Captain (Thecatteam)
Round 6 - Damone (The Meddler), Zai (Psiionic)
Round 7 - X3-IJ97 (InfernalBlaze)
Round 8 - Moss Man (CuriousHeartless)
Round 9 - #49 (CuriousHeartless)
Round 10 - Ignika Mahri (Matoro)
Round 11 - Netlok (The Meddler)

No rounds so far.

Last edited:

Gryghaim

InfernalBlaze
Hey, I remember this. Going to try this once again. :D

Name: Everyman Johnson
Backstory: An extremely average guy with a wife, two kids and a slightly underpaid cubicle job.
Major skill(if applicable): Is so average that he is easy to overlook.
Minor skills(if applicable): Kissing up to more powerful people; Can type pretty fast without making mistakes.
Equipment(if applicable): A suitcase with office equipment.

GeekyTreecko

The Technology PKMN
Ooooh, this has returned! Hopefully I do better than the last one.

Name: Kamek
Backstory: The right hand Magikoopa of the evil tyrant Bowser. Raised Bowser since he was a baby, and even has his own set of followers at his side called the Toadies.
Major skill(if applicable): Is an expert spellcaster. His most used spell is his ability to shrink and grow other creatures (including himself) to extreme proportions. He also has some psychic powers, such as brainwashing and manipulating objects with his mind.
Minor skills(if applicable): Has the regular skills of lesser Magikoopas, such as teleportation, creating beings from inanimate objects, pyrokinesis, summoning enemies and the ability to create multiple copies of himself.
Equipment(if applicable): A magic scepter he can easily carry around, and a giant magical hammer he can use to cause things to grow in size simply by crushing the being with it.

CuriousHeartless

Thank both of you for participating.

1. Everyman Johnson (Gryghaim)
2. Kamek (GeekyTreecko)
3. Open spot
4. Open spot
5. Open spot
6. Open sopt
7. Open spot
8. Open spot

Neosonic97

Fastest thing Alive
Glad to see this is back.

Name: Sasuke Uchiha
Backstory: Last surviving member of the Uchiha Clan, and reincarnation of Indra, one of the sons of the Sage of Six Paths.
Major Skills: The Sharingan, a special ocular jutsu which grants Sasuke increased reflexes and reaction speed. He has developed this into the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan by having Itachi's eyes implanted after awakening the normal Mangekyou Sharingan. The Eternal Mangekyou is more powerful and, unlike the regular Mangekyou Sharingan, does not cause the user to go blind. The Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan allows him complete control of Amaterasu, jet-black Flames which burn all in its path, which are not extinguishable by normal means and can be manipulated into various shapes. Only Sasuke can extinguish these flames with his right eye. He also has access to the Susano'o, a Chakra-formed shield which takes on various forms, such as a Ribcage, A Skeleton, and a Giant. Each is larger than Sasuke himself and coats him. He can also use it to attack. The Ribcage can form arms to smash and crush his foes, as can the skeleton. The giant form wields either a bow and arrows, or a sword, all formed from Chakra. The Mangekyou is triggerable, but his regular Sharingan is always active.
Minor Skills: A skilled hand-to-hand combatant, as well as a master swordsman. He is skilled in the usage of Genjutsu, though not to the same extent as his older brother Itachi. He also is experienced in Chakra Control, allowing him to walk on water and up and down walls.
Equipment: As well as a lot of Shuriken, Sasuke also wields the Sword of Kusanagi- a (very sharp i might add) longsword that he can channel Lightning-Nature Chakra through to perform various moves such as Chidori Sharp Spear (Where he quite literally extends it to impale someone and electrify them at the same time.), and Chidori Current, a defensive maneuver where Sasuke creates a field of electricity around himself to repel physical attackers. He can also channel it through the ground for offensive use, as well as the Chidori Blade, where he basically charges the sword with Lightning to make it all the more dangerous. Though his most dangerous is Kirin. Though he can only use it during a thunderstorm, Kirin allows Sasuke to focus a lightning bolt into a blast so powerful it is very well capable of destroying defenses as powerful as a Susano'o. The downsides being the relatively long time it takes for the jutsu to actually fire, and of course, the fact that he can only use it under certain weather conditions. He can, however, force these conditions by using Amaterasu to create the conditions for storm clouds to form.
Weakness: Despite all his power, Sasuke is quite prone to going insane. In addition, severe overusage of his Mangekyou Sharingan will begin to drain him quite quickly, and he will lose health if he relies on it too much. He's Indra's Descendant so he can take a lot, but there are limits, even for him.

For reference, here's a picture of the EMS:
sasuke__eternal_mangekyou_sharingan_by_alpha_pheonix459-d4koqbw.jpg
Apologies if it's too long or if i spoiled something (for those who watch Naruto), or if i'm going overboard. I'm trying to get most of the stuff he actually has in the manga itself into this match.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

A quick note that it really doesn't matter how strong your character is in the source material (Also, while using characters from a show or something is allowed, original characters are preferred), they are put as equal to the other characters. The only exception is a purposefully weak character, those will be kept weak. But looking over your sign-up, I am asking you to take out the Rinnegan. Allowing two sets of powerful abilities is a bit much, and I'd much rather allow a character who can do a lot of damage and then get weakened than allow one who can steal energy and move anything he wants.

Neosonic97

Fastest thing Alive
Okay. Rinnegan gone. EMS is still there, though. Changed the picture to Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyou. The Movement has a set range, and to move very far, Sasuke has to swap places with a target. Only severe overuse of the Mangekyou will cause Sasuke to lose health, by the way. He can use it a few times in a short period of time, but if he begins using it too much, it'll begin hurting him. In addition, added equipment, and a few skills related to the equipment.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Accepted but be aware that I am not a Naruto fan and if other refs join there is no guarantee they are, and this also is not a Naruto roleplay, so the character will be handled as such. Just because he can do something in the show or things work a certain way in the show does not guarantee that will work here.

Characters
2. Kamek (GeekyTreecko)
3. Sasuke Uchiha (Neosonic97)
4. Open spot
5. Open spot
6. Open sopt
7. Open spot
8. Open spot

Neosonic97

Fastest thing Alive
I know. I kinda knew that when i signed up in the first place. I am kinda praying that no other Ninjas ally themselves with me, Law of Inverse Ninja Strength and all.

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Name: Equinox
Backstory: Equinox is a hunter that lives alone in the woods. A genetic defect has forced him from civilisation, because the defect could be transferred not his offspring and spread through the population of the city. The defect is sometimes visible, sometimes not, being radioactive and harmful to people around him. When the defect becomes visible for short periods of time out of his control, it will look like a shimmering layer of sunlight.
Major skill: Sunlight. When Equinox is close to sun or is able to see sunlight, his reflexes are heightened, with a large increase in reaction time. He can charge his bodily cells with sunlight to create a radioactive shimmer with which he can protect himself from attacks and hazardous terrain, and spread radiation to his foes, and illuminate dark places.
Minor skills(if applicable): Archery, he is especially good with a bow and arrow and will hit his mark more often than not. Sure-footed, he has especially good balancing skills and can move silently. He is familiar with the wild and can use terrain and such to his advantage, sharpening sticks to use as arrows, throwing stones, etc with more effectiveness.
Equipment(if applicable): Bow and Arrows, a lot of them. Leather gloves and boots. A short dagger and a not-so-short sword. Hood and cape. Hunter’s overalls, more durable than other clothing. A small spyglass.

I got curious, and decided to try it out.

CuriousHeartless

Okay.

2. Kamek (GeekyTreecko)
3. Sasuke Uchiha (Neosonic97)
4. Equinox (AlphaOmega7777)
5. Open spot
6. Open sopt
7. Open spot
8. Open spot

Name: Vita
Back Story: Just a normal seventeen year old guy who is trying to get over the death of his parents, about ten years ago. He is also great with bladed weapons due to his training while he was a kid.
Major Skills: Great with bladed weapons (swords, daggers, etc)
Minor skills: Good with people, decient with blunt weapons
Equipment: A short sword, wielded in the right hand, and a dagger, in the left

Last edited: