• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Zibdas

not bad
Personally I like a lot of franchises more. *shot*

Although I do love these games...

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Meh, it gets old after you "Build the ultimate coaster." Nothing more than a time passer.

I love that series! I only ever had the first one and the third one though. I used to spend so much time trying to work out why my custom coaster never worked.

(Turns out I wasn't using the chain lift slope, if you're interested.)

ForeverFlame

This game is amazing. An entire day can go by without me noticing while I'm playing it.

It's probably because you can commit mass genocide and no one cares.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
My parks would always have a 999 rating a year before the deadline but would be around 70 when it was a few days away. FMP

I have roller coaster tycoon 2 floating around somewhere. what me and my cousin used to do is kill the guests by drowing them, and making the roller coaster explode/crash. pretty morbid but i was only 6 at the time he was 10 now i don't do that anymore but i hate when the guests barf it looks like pee.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I have roller coaster tycoon 2 floating around somewhere. what me and my cousin used to do is kill the guests by drowing them, and making the roller coaster explode/crash. pretty morbid but i was only 6 at the time he was 10 now i don't do that anymore but i hate when the guests barf it looks like pee.

Everyone who has this game says they do this. I don't do this. Why would you do this? I see no need to do this. It is probably fun to do this, though.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
(if you ignore the third installment).

What. The third one was the best. It actually had 3D models and stuff so you could control the camera, and you could walk around the park like a guest (to an extent) and ride the roller coasters. Plus, they had a ton of roller coasters to choose from. It actually looked real. The first and second ones were really good, don't get me wrong, but the third one takes the cake. No reason to hate on it.

Anyway, I absolutely love this series. It's got to be my favorite PC game of all time, especially when you get the animal and water expansion packs. I have all of those expansion packs, but I just can't find the game and I really want to play it after seeing this thread. My best roller coaster ever was called the Fahrenheit (for the record, that was before Hershey Park made the Fahrenheit)

oh man nostalgia

this and zoo tycoon were like my childhood.

torrented Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (i'm allowed since i bought it, but i don't have the disc anymore i think so deal with it) and played it for an hour earlier today. still a great game.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
AWWWWWW that game was awesome!!!!!!!

I was so mad when my CD was destroyed by my little brother back in 9th grade :(

Cobalt_Latios

oh man nostalgia

torrented Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (i'm allowed since i bought it, but i don't have the disc anymore i think so deal with it) and played it for an hour earlier today. still a great game.
I still have my original disc of RCT... but I lost the discs to the expansions. So I bought RCT deluxe for about 5.99 off of Good old Games. com. Then I played for a few hours the other night... and today.

It's surprising how much better I've gotten.

I'll have to revisit RCT2 sometime, and later check out RCT3. Found it for cheap, but never really bothered.

edit: I love Roller Coaster Tycoon. It's one of those games that allows my creativity to really emerge. That and Minecraft.

/CL

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
What. The third one was the best. It actually had 3D models and stuff so you could control the camera, and you could walk around the park like a guest (to an extent) and ride the roller coasters. Plus, they had a ton of roller coasters to choose from. It actually looked real. The first and second ones were really good, don't get me wrong, but the third one takes the cake. No reason to hate on it.

No.

Just, no.

Aria-Forme

Tina Tsukumo
oh man nostalgia

This^ I use to love Roller Coaster Tycoon it was so fun even though I sucked at building custom rides and coasters. ^^; And like Chaotic Tyrant said before Zoo Tycoon was also an awesome franchise I use to love. :p