1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Roller Skates

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by LadyTriox, Feb 24, 2018.

1. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Strange yet lovable corni fangirl~:3

Talk about the roller skates in x and y here :) And what tricks you've learned and stuff.

I personally find the roller skates really, really fun. I actually play my save file just to skate around towns and routes probably more often than for any other reasons xD; Other than maybe online battling. In random match ups.

I've never been good at the tricks.

Seeing my girl on the game go at a fast start while skating can give me QUITE the rush, though. (haha, i wonder if korrina would have that type of effect on me too....xDDDD hehehe!)

2. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko The Princess is here <3

It was a neat little feature, though I felt like they should've done a little more with it. It would've been nice I feel if there was some kind of mini game or something like what they did with Mantine Surf in USUM.

3. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

They were actually an annoying feature imo and I wished that it was optional to take them off.

Glad that Gen VII removed this nuisance ngl.

4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I prefer using the bike to get around, but I've had fun with the roller skates. My favourite trick to do with them is the backflip when going over a ledge. I try to do the backflip every time I come across a ledge since I think it looks pretty cool.

5. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Super Sweet Sylveon

I didn't find the roller-skating feature as in-depth as what I'd wanted it to be but at least it was necessary to get several items at Route 13. However I preferred riding on the bicycle as it was overall faster.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

If I'm being honest with myself, I dislike roller skating in X and Y. The movement of the skates is often too quick, and handling such movement with precision is difficult for me. So I prefer the Bicycle over the roller skates.

7. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

In X/Y, I preferred using the rollerskates more than the bike. It's a must in Lumiose City, where you can easily get lost in the twists and turns of the busy city streets. I mostly just used the bike if I wanted to get around Kalos more quickly, or on the cliffs of Cyllage City.

8. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Strange yet lovable corni fangirl~:3

Plus the skates in the game make it so i can act like my favorite character.

Might as well mention that (i've never learned to roller skate in real life. yes, i know, weird).

Oh and Korrina's gym with the skates was QUITE fun, even before i became an ultra huge fangirl over her. I think i went through the whole gym TWICE, due to this. Yeah go figure xD;

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I personally don't see what difference the roller skates make there. I've memorized the city's streets, so traversing them is second nature to me whether I'm on foot, skating, or using the bicycle.