• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Romantic hints in PMD2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

big bad deoxys

pokemon master
yeh me two.

sleepypaolo

Idiot Trainer
Celebi <3 Grovyle ftw! As for starter and partner...dont go there man. They were just really close friends. Leave it at that.

Wigglytuff's gender is already male, no need to argue...but Celebi intrigues me though. Grovyle refers to Celebi as a she, and yet in the dungeon he...no, it is genderless. Still the awesomest couple ever though!

books

Not a Beginner
I noticed something weird in Chimeco's dialogue, I think right before we left for the expedition to find Fogbound Lake. She said he was dreamy O_O

Golden Manaphy

Yeah, I sort of noticed that. My character's a female and my partner's a male. However, it can't be true because it's the same thing even if both are the same gender so it can't be romance, just an incredible friendship. Besides, a Munchlax and a Piplup don't really go together, especially now that they're Snorlax and Empoleon.

I totally know what you're talking about! Celebi was in love with Grovyle. But you know, she's not really genderless. The instruction books for Sapphire and Emerald said that Pokemon marked as "genderless" are sometimes marked like that only because their gender is difficult to determine. So it's normal that it would take another Pokemon to decipher Celebi's gender. And yeah, I read the part in which Chimecho calls Wigglytuff "dreamy". I was like LOL, dreamy? And she says this when he fell ASLEEP with his eyes open. In my opinion he was more sleepy then dreamy!........ Yeah, I know. Lame pun...

Seeing as im a yaoi fan, i can see a somewhat romantic hints between the partner and the player. Only because it gets a bit mossy sometimes , almost to the point where its almost ridiculous.
But i really saw a grovyle + celebi thing going on, i thought it was really cute xD

Golden Manaphy

Yeah, I thought the Celebi + Grovyle thing was cute too. I was, like, "adorable!" when I first read it. But then I started feeling sad. Darkrai said that my character turned into a Pokemon because she tried to protect Grovyle. And way before that, Grovyle's heart seemed to warm up for a second as he tells me that I was his closest friend. I almost cried. It hurts when your best friends forget about your existence, but in this case my character forgot entirely everything about the existence of her closest and dearest friend. It seemed so sad. But what's mostly sad is knowing that Grovyle and Celebi will never be together, even if Grovyle actually loved her.

SweetSkitty1989

Cuddly decadence!
The Celebi thing was so adorable! ^-^ But Grovyle referred to her as "odd" at one point so I don't think the feeling was mutual. But yeah. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the game had just the faintest of romantic hints.

I def. saw it between the player and the partner. You know when you just return back home from the future and Grovyle and your partner are up on Sharpedo Bluff talking about you? I thought a lot of things your partner says about you standing beside him and giving him strength, was really sweet. It really leaves it up to your imagination...that is, if you're a girl and you're always finding romance in things. For a guy I can just see it being really...awkward...

The first game's ending made me cry, but the "ending" (or the part after Temporal Tower) on this one made me cry harder! I'm so happy I decided to get these games. ^-^

Munchlaxy

<3 cute pokes
Groyvle and Celebi are cute... but I don't think there's any romance in the game besides that.

My main is a female munchlax and a male pikachu, and I get the impression they're just friends. XD

Golden Manaphy

I know, SweetKitty. I cried too. But, even thought I like PMD2 best, the ending from PMD1 sort of seemed sadder because in it as your character's about to leave, it tells the partener that it was blessed to have a friend as wonderful as it. Then all the other Pokemon you knew gather behind your partner and they all cry as your body begins to vanish and your character gives them all a sad farewell. However, just because that was sadder it doesn't mean the one from PMD2 was still really sad. I loved it! I never knew Wigglytuff would say something so sweet and wise. It warmed me to my very soul. And for the first time, my character appeared crying. She had been sad in other scenes, but in this one she was actually crying! It made me cry so much harder. However, another possible romance I saw was between Lopunny and Wigglytuff. She only called him "darling". OK, so she pretty much calls everyone darling, but she called him like that the most.

latiasfinder

Giratina Queen
PMD2 makes me sob like a baby. I played both versions through and through. GAH!

Though I saw no romantic relationship between my charries and partners. =/ Course, it'd be hard for a female Torterra and Female Blaziken to be involved. o_O And I chose Chikorita for my Time starter, and her Charmander partner Radigan....eep. Those flames would burn her up. D=

I only saw a small hint between Lopunny and Wigglytuff, myself. Celebi was just a cutie though.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Wigglytuff is too oblivious for anyone plus he loves only perfect apples. I don't think partners would be all lovey dovey........scary! Just friends! :) A chimchar and a tirtwig, I would hate to see the baby. Lopunny is a flirt. Celebi and grovyle...ah no. The only possible thing is if the main character (if it was a girl) and grovyle. I think it would be cute!!!! If it was a girl chikorita it would be, I think, the perfect match. I guess any girl main character and grovyle, they were going to save the world together! You put the pieces together!

gardevoir11

The First Princess
The only possible thing is if the main character (if it was a girl) and grovyle. I think it would be cute!!!! If it was a girl chikorita it would be, I think, the perfect match. I guess any girl main character and grovyle, they were going to save the world together! You put the pieces together!

You seem to be forgetting the fact that the main character was human. I don't see how those two would have ever become romantically involved with that kind of background.

Frankly, I think the only possible romance in the game would be between Celebi and Grovyle, even if it was one-sided (Grovyle called Celebi weird and he sure seemed like he meant it).

kirby8933083

mai husbando
fine I guess that would be a bit weird but, maybe there would be a little something. But once you think about it grovyle, could never be involved with anything it would slow him down too much, he wouldn't have time for anything, saving the world or not. Gardevoir11 you are right about the one sided relationship, but what did grovyle mean by celebi was weird,the way she acts or the fact that she looks a little odd.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
fine I guess that would be a bit weird but, maybe there would be a little something. But once you think about it grovyle, could never be involved with anything it would slow him down too much, he wouldn't have time for anything, saving the world or not. Gardevoir11 you are right about the one sided relationship, but what did grovyle mean by celebi was weird,the way she acts or the fact that she looks a little odd.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I didn't see any, except for Celebi and Grovyle ( Even though Grovyle didn't feel the way Celebi did. ). MAYBE Lopunny and Wigglytuff.

No others, though.

gardevoir11

The First Princess
but what did grovyle mean by celebi was weird,the way she acts or the fact that she looks a little odd.

Hm...now that I think about it, I guess it could be either...or probably both. My first impression was that Celebi's personality was what he was referring to, like the giggling and such, and her color didn't even phase me as out of the ordinary...but he could have been referring to both.

But that's beside the point. That relationship was one sided and probably the only one intended in the game, at least the only one I saw anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.