• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rosario+Vampire

Got into this a few months ago and it's hilarious. Great timing too, since it's a series about monsters and I bought the first three volumes around Halloween. X)

I'd only seen a little bit of the anime, though it did seem to be quite interesting and it was pretty funny, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall it being a short manga...As in, 4 volumes? =X

Ten, with 2 more as part of a sequel or something.

Ah, I see. That's something of a jump from what I thought, but it works.

You might have been thinking 4 because that's how many have currently been released translated.

It would appear that this makes total sense in my miscalculation of volume numbers.

I wish I had more to say on the manga...But alas, I do not...Here's just hoping that it retains accuracy towards the anime sequences. You wouldn't also happen to know if this is true, would you?

samael

██████████
Ruby on the recent chapter made me lulz.

hard. Hahaha.

I'm psyched to see Kiria again.
Maybe we can see Hokuto once again.

!!!

I haven't been able to find any DVDs so I've unfortunately haven't seen anime of the anime yet. Therefore I can't really compare the two.

Ah, as I should have expected, actually. The anime is as of now unavailable in the U.S. (That is to say, it has not yet been dubbed). I can assume that the anime and manga retain similarity though, as the anime also follows a pretty comedic approach. Now this thread is making me want to pick up some of the mangas, though...

samael

██████████
yeah. I haven't heard of the anime getting licensed.

tbh, I prefer the manga by a bit.
maybe it's because of the art.

It's pretty gorgeous.

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I only read the first volume. I'd read more, but they come in that damn plastic wrap. Guess they really have a problem with people reading without paying. Not that I ever do that! *shifty eyes*

Anyway, it's a cool concept, but it's not really my cup of tea. Besides, I gave up on the alter-ego crap when the original Yu-Gi-Oh! ended. But you know what? Now that I'm into Bleach, Moka kind of reminds me of Orihime. In fact, I'm starting to have images of Orihime as a vampire. Ah! OMG!! If I could draw, I'd totally draw Orihime sucking Ichigo's blood! SOMEONE PLEASE DRAW ORIHIME SUCKING ICHIGO'S BLOOD!!!

Okay, spazzfest's over.

Alf Tuggy

I only read the first volume. I'd read more, but they come in that damn plastic wrap.
They do?I bought volume 1 and 3(couldn'f find volume 2)and none of them were in a plastic wrap.

The manga is great and it isn't too long nor too short(for now).Can't much about it because I only have 2 volumes(for now)but it has a great story and some characters like Tsukune and the bus driver are hilarious.

Can one of the R+V fans convince me of why I should try this manga? Like the good things about the genre, art style, plot and the general gist of the series. Im thinking about trying the series. Thanks. ;123;

I believe volume 5 comes out in a few weeks. :D

I saw it at my local Barnes and Noble just yesterday, actually. I wanted to pick it up, but they only had volumes 4 and 5...I'm headed back there tomorrow hopefully though, so with any luck I should be able to pick up at least the first volume.

Alf Tuggy

Can one of the R+V fans convince me of why I should try this manga? Like the good things about the genre, art style, plot and the general gist of the series. Im thinking about trying the series. Thanks. ;123;

The art is great,the plot is that Tsukune(the main character)can't enter to any school because of his grades but his father found a flyer,that a weird monk had,of a school where you could enter even if you flunked all of your entrance exams but that school results to be a monster school and on the first day he befriends Moka,a vampire,and later he reveals to her that he's human and he tries to get back home,but he came back to save Moka from a monster named Saizo(I won't tell you the end of the chapter(or test)).For what I've read in each test Tsukune meets a new monster that acts friendly first and then they try to kill him or enslave him and then they have a battle with Moka.Tsukune can be just a human,but later he can battle too.

If you want to try it buy only volume 1,if you like it buy the rest,don't buy many at once because if you like you will waste money for nothing.

You made a wise choice Dimentio,I read volume 3 without reading volume 2 and there were a few things I didn't understand,now imagine reading volume 4 before reading volumes 1,2 and 3 it would be really confusing.

The art is great,the plot is that Tsukune(the main character)can't enter to any school because of his grades but his father found a flyer,that a weird monk had,of a school where you could enter even if you flunked all of your entrance exams but that school results to be a monster school and on the first day he befriends Moka,a vampire,and later he reveals to her that he's human and he tries to get back home,but he came back to save Moka from a monster named Saizo(I won't tell you the end of the chapter(or test)).For what I've read in each test Tsukune meets a new monster that acts friendly first and then they try to kill him or enslave him and then they have a battle with Moka.Tsukune can be just a human,but later he can battle too.

If you want to try it buy only volume 1,if you like it buy the rest,don't buy many at once because if you like you will waste money for nothing.

Thanks for the detailed description :) It sounds pretty good, since I like vampire texts (Buffy/Angel and Vampire Knight). I'll get V1 if i can find it. ;123;

I read volume 1, and while I did find it funny and entertaining to read, it was quite fast-paced about nearly everything. It was all fine and well, but I do like to delve at least a bit more into the characters, y'know?

Alas, I still plan on picking up volume 2 and so on later on.

Alf Tuggy

I read volume 1, and while I did find it funny and entertaining to read, it was quite fast-paced about nearly everything. It was all fine and well, but I do like to delve at least a bit more into the characters, y'know?

Alas, I still plan on picking up volume 2 and so on later on.

On volume 3 there's something that lasts 2 tests and Moka isn't the only one who battles this time,it was awesome.I hope you like it and I also hope that more things that last 2 tests(and maybe 3 too?)appears later too.Can anyone answer me that question?

I've been reading some of this every now and then since I've read it in Jump. I haven't gotten into part II yet though.