• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Roserade moveset

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
This is just a little moveset I made in my spare time. Please tell me what you think. If you can't be bothered posting, at least PM me or something.

Roserade ;407;

Item held: Damp Rock/Wiki Berry

Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)

EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Def / 6 Speed

Moves
Rain Dance
Weather Ball
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

Rain Dance will weaken Fire-types that are likely to be sent out against Roserade, as well as changing Weather Ball to Water-type to take out said Fire-types. Shadow Ball will take out Psychic-types, another of Roserade's weaknesses. Sludge Bomb is just an all round good move to have.

Damp Rock will extend Rain Dance's duration, allowing Roserade to deal with more Fire-types. Wiki Berry will not confuse Roserade as its nature is Modest.

Ta-da.

Last edited:

Juan87

sounds good except i had energy ball instead of shadow ball for my roserade

IcyShock

The Ultimate Ace
Pretty much what Juan 87 said. If you want Shadow Ball in the set, then take out Sludge Bomb and not Energy Ball.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Ay.
1. The purpose of this set is to neutralise Roserade's weaknesses. Without Shadow Ball that purpose is damaged.
2. Sludge Bomb is more powerful with the STAB than Energy Ball is. Ergo, I shall not replace Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb with Energy Ball.

tipierce

energy ball kills water types which commonly carry ice beam, so it too potentially covers a weakness, sludge bomb on the other hand only kills grass types which only hurt roserade if it has psychic attacks (not likely) or hp fire which you weaken with rain dance. so I would go energy ball over sludge bomb

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Roserade@Damp Rock
EVs: 40 hp / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball / Grass Knot

Energy Ball / Grass Knot is a must on Raindancing Roserade to stop Swift Swimmers from crapping all over you with Ice Beam. Grass Knot is suggested since most common water types take quite a bit of damage from Grass Knot.

AiR BeN

I went with all out max special attack on my Roserade.
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Modest Nature @ Sitrus Berry (Changing to Wiki Berry after this)
Leech Seed (****ed up and forgot to re-learn synthesis before evolving lol)
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
It has flawless Sp.Atk and flawless Def so it's Special Attack is a whopping 383!

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
OK, so after reading these other posts I am forced to admit that energy ball would be a good option.

Now I just have to find a Modest Budew, which I have trying to do for two weeks now. T_T