• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Roses and Chocolates: A Romance One-Shot Contest!

IceKing

Sexorific!
I was....

.....beaten....

...by........

....my mortal enemy....

..............Katiekitten

=(

I KNEW I won sixth place beforehand. I just had this strong feeling that I would end up winning sixth place. A quite strong feeling. Hey, at least I got one of the judge’s first place ranking! I guess I was the person in third who dropped to sixth. Darn you Jo-Jo, I’ll send Misty after you next!

Yes, this was a homage to A Rose For Emily along with The Jilting of Granny Weatherall, two very excellent pieces of American literature. Of course, I couldn’t say this as it would have ruined the end of the story XD I’m going to mention it when I post it. Imo, the description of how the corpse rotted INTO the bed in A Rose for Emily is perhaps one of the best passages in all of literature.

Several of the judges mentioned it was horror and romance…I think you guys missed the comedy part XD See, this whole piece was a satirical jab at AAML by overblowing Misty’s craziness as well as the fandom sexual view of May. My point basically was that Misty was way too crazy for any love, and this was achieved by gross overexaggeration. Not to mention if Ash has some busty little 10 year old by his side [at least, in the eyes of some fans], he’s not going to be paying attention to Misty.

So see, it wouldn’t have worked better with OCs because it was a jab at AAML and AAMayL.

The OOC-ness was not so much OOCness as much as it was hyperbole, imo.

wait, Misty’s not a psychotic serial killer… and she doesn’t hate May… and she’s not jealous over Advanceshipping… and May’s not promiscuous… and Ash isn’t in love with May… and May isn’t treated by anyone in the show like a sex symbol… and of course Ash would remember Misty, they used to be best friends… and why would May want breast augmentation, anyway?”

Yes she is…..yes she does…..she so is….SHE SO IS….uh-huh….do you see all those old guys…hot girls tend to do that…..to look prettier

Question, who were the original tied for first place?

Congrats to the top three, especially Knightblazer! I don't know much about her, she must be one of those dark horses who really have horns. I can only imagine this is a huge weight off of masterwannabe's shoulders.

Knightblazer

Memories in the Rain
Okay...

I'm in the school library now...

And I'm resisting the urge to simply scream my head off.

I WON I WON I WON I WON!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

*coughs* Okay, I'll keep quiet now. =X

Man, this is really surprising. I never thought I would actually win this contest. And my first one too... T_T I am so touched! *sniffles* Seriously, I would like to thank my mom, my brother, the tones of hellsign material i've read to inspire this lil' thing, and espically ALUCARD AND ALEXANDER ANDERSON from HELLSING! THOSE TWO HELPED ME TO WRITE THIS!!!! *glomps said characters* It was their relationship that seriously inspired the one with Mew and Mewtwo, only one seriously... well, not that at all warped.

BUT ANYWAY!

I THANK ALL YOU JUDGES FOR ACTUALLY SAYING THAT MY WORK IS GOOD! AND FOR POINITING OUT HOW VAGUE IT CAN BE! AND ALL THE OTHER MISTAKES I MADE! I thought I'd be one of the lowest, seeing as I'm the first to sumbit my entry... but I WON WON WON!!!!! *knocks self out*

Alright, I'll stop being hyper now. BUT THANKS AND CONGRATS TO ALL THE OTHERS! YOU'RE ALL WINNERS OF YOURSELF! HAVE A GOOD KB DAYYYYY~!

Knightblazer ;262;

P.S: Yesh, I shall claim all my prizes, thank you. *walks away from set dragging a huge tattered sack behind, with Lucied and Ifrit in tow* XD

Last edited:

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
I was....

.....beaten....

...by........

....my mortal enemy....

=(

I KNEW I won sixth place beforehand. I just had this strong feeling that I would end up winning sixth place. A quite strong feeling. Hey, at least I got one of the judge’s first place ranking! I guess I was the person in third who dropped to sixth. Darn you Jo-Jo, I’ll send Misty after you next!

Yes, this was a homage to A Rose For Emily along with The Jilting of Granny Weatherall, two very excellent pieces of American literature. Of course, I couldn’t say this as it would have ruined the end of the story XD I’m going to mention it when I post it. Imo, the description of how the corpse rotted INTO the bed in A Rose for Emily is perhaps one of the best passages in all of literature.

Several of the judges mentioned it was horror and romance…I think you guys missed the comedy part XD See, this whole piece was a satirical jab at AAML by overblowing Misty’s craziness as well as the fandom sexual view of May. My point basically was that Misty was way too crazy for any love, and this was achieved by gross overexaggeration. Not to mention if Ash has some busty little 10 year old by his side [at least, in the eyes of some fans], he’s not going to be paying attention to Misty.

So see, it wouldn’t have worked better with OCs because it was a jab at AAML and AAMayL.

The OOC-ness was not so much OOCness as much as it was hyperbole, imo.

Yes she is…..yes she does…..she so is….SHE SO IS….uh-huh….do you see all those old guys…hot girls tend to do that…..to look prettier

Question, who were the original tied for first place?

Congrats to the top three, especially Knightblazer! I don't know much about her, she must be one of those dark horses who really have horns. I can only imagine this is a huge weight off of masterwannabe's shoulders.

And there you have it! The results for the 2006/2007 Roses and Chocolates: A Romance One-Shot Conest! Comment fairly now, be nice and congrulate our top three: Knightblazer, Katiekitten and the Follower of Light. Also congratulate Digital_Fortitude and Celine_Dionwho came very close in a three-way tie to being in third place. Congrats to the rest of you guys as well! You're all winners and really, the entries were all so damn good it was a really tight race, with such variety that it really did divide the Judges in some cases!

Someone should make the Top Three Banners and/or Avatars either based on their entries and/or simply congratulating them for their wins!

And IceKing, the original three tied for First was Knigthblazer, the Follower of Light and Celine_Dion. But then Jo-Jo sent in her results and that gave Knightblazer the winning push she needed ^^

And I also want to acknowledge Saber in this post. I'm sorry we had to post the Results without you even though you were such a big part for this contest, always consistantly replying to my PMs, reviewing loyally. You were really a great Judge and great person and I'm truly sorry we had to post the Results without you; we had to move on and I REALLY had to get this weight off my shoulders, you know.

Sorry. Everyone, we should pay tribute to Saber right now: we're sorry.

Now, we had a Horror One-Shot Contest, we conquered Comedy and now we FINALLY got Romance in the bag! So I wonder what the next contest would be? After Myths and Legends...

I wonder what the next contest is about...

katiekitten

The Compromise
I was....

.....beaten....

...by........

....my mortal enemy....

=(

XD

Have another congratulations, Knight. You really deserved it. XD You have much better control than I have, I kinda starting bouncing around. ^_^;; My dog got really freaked out...

*showers with another helping of cookies*

Meh, if it's sci-fi, I might duck out. I've never been a fan of it. Although, if that super hero oneshot I was considering creating for the Starbolt Chronicles is categoried under sci-fi, I might finally get around to writing it. XD

We really should have a mystery one at some point, though. It'd be fun to see what everyone would come up with. XD

I also posted my oneshot. *nods* XD

Congratulations Knightblazer! I'm so glad the results are finally up. Well, I came 13th place but that's not important I had fun writting it. I knew my fic was bad but the next fic I'll write I'll do it better.

Thank you to the judges for pointing out my mistakes. I'm going to apply what you told me on my current fic and future ones. Thank you.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Meh, if it's sci-fi, I might duck out. I've never been a fan of it. Although, if that super hero oneshot I was considering creating for the Starbolt Chronicles is categoried under sci-fi, I might finally get around to writing it. XD

We really should have a mystery one at some point, though. It'd be fun to see what everyone would come up with. XD

I also posted my oneshot. *nods* XD

Katie, superhero stuff is considered Scifi. You can also do fantasy. That's why it'll be a Scifi/Fantasy extravaganza. You can do anything for that genre. And it allows romance and pretty much any genre. It's fairly broad.

You can still make an entry for Chronicles. Write when you can. There's no rush. Not holding a gun to your head saying "DO IT! DO IT NOW OR THE PUPPY GETS IT!"

Yeah. That's not me. Mystery would be good. I still liked my little film noir scene I posted in this thread earlier. That was class.

LX

Encyclopika

The Queen
I wasn't here yesterday due to forum failure* >>;
But I'm really pleased at the results. And I'm really glad this is finally over! Congrats congrat congrats to Knightblazer and to thank you very much to everyone who participated. You are all capable of writing good romance. Anyway, I'd like to thank my top three - katiekitten, Digital Fortitude, and LedianX - for their great contributions. =3
Keep practicing everyone. Toodles. =3

Literate

black cat, black cat
Woooo. And it's ova! Wow. :p *has to really say she hasn't read a single entry and only all the reviews...*

Congrats to everyone who won! Though some were very, very unexpected to er, get the places they got. (Not like I speculated or anything.) The variety of the stories were also quite different from each other and I'm surprised how a lot of the judges rated many fics in the -ths. *had to notice it* And then, thank you to the judges who wrote out the long reviews that I've quite enjoyed reading, and the people who won, again. *waves idiotly*

Now, because of this, I want to finish my half-written -shot 'cause I suddenly have ideas for it. xD Fwoot.

Then, the next contest... I'll really, really enter it next time! No matter what genre it is. >.< I promise! If I don't finish, I'll, I'll... Well, if it's mystery, I'd say hooray! Or if it's not, I'll try anyway.

In short, congratulations to all the participators and thank you to the judges!

-Lit

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Woooo. And it's ova! Wow. :p *has to really say she hasn't read a single entry and only all the reviews...*

Congrats to everyone who won! Though some were very, very unexpected to er, get the places they got. (Not like I speculated or anything.) The variety of the stories were also quite different from each other and I'm surprised how a lot of the judges rated many fics in the -ths. *had to notice it* And then, thank you to the judges who wrote out the long reviews that I've quite enjoyed reading, and the people who won, again. *waves idiotly*

Now, because of this, I want to finish my half-written -shot 'cause I suddenly have ideas for it. xD Fwoot.

Then, the next contest... I'll really, really enter it next time! No matter what genre it is. >.< I promise! If I don't finish, I'll, I'll... Well, if it's mystery, I'd say hooray! Or if it's not, I'll try anyway.

In short, congratulations to all the participators and thank you to the judges!

-Lit

Believe me, the contest was REALLY close and for us Judges, it was REALLY close and we HAD to decide the ranks...

And as you noticed, due to the great variety of entries, us Judges were sometimes divided and had different oppinions on different entries, giving a surprised final ranks.

I was really surprised as well with the current final ranks that I tallied them FIVE times but I'm just glad Knightblazer, my First Place and the Winner of the Contest as a whole, got First Place ^^

You know, I'm thinking of starting a Thriller and/or Action/Adventure One-Shot Contest. Maybe next year...

Timid Kyogre

Endangered Creature
Well, uhh...masterwannabe told me to do this, so here I go.

I'm going to start on the Roses and Chocolates interview after Psychic's. You see, I badly want to make the list of authors decrease so there'd be a chance for other authors. I'll be giving a whole interview to people in the top 10 who are also in the list. I will just ask the others quick questions. Please, don't complain. You'll have a chance when the list is done. ^^ The fact you reached the top 10 will be mentioned, too.

I hope you're fine with that. =)

~Timid Kyogre

katiekitten

The Compromise
XD Love the quote. *plans to kill IceKing later*

Nice idea! =D Cutting down on the list is always good. =D

XD Thanks Encyclopika! I really should be thanking you, though, for placing me so high. *launches upon and hugs to oblivion*