• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotation Battle Random Matchup Team

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
OK, so I've been doing mainly Rotation Battles over Random Matchup after I beat the game, and I spent ages making this team. Even so, I feel that it's a really good one, and I've won so many battles with it. However, I still feel I want some criticism and advice on it.

Here's the team:

1. Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 SpD/6 SpDef
Moveset:
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Surf

Greninja has given me really good success so far as a special sweeper so far. When I go up against a lot of teams I have managed to usually sweep at least half of their team before it faints due to the coverage gained from Protean, and then I can send in another Pokemon to finish the rest off quite easily. Its diverse moveset, plus his ability, means all of his weaknesses are covered very well, and Grass Knot has easily crippled tanks, such as Lapras.

2. Delphox @ Red Card
Ability: Magician
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk/252 SpD/6 Def
Moveset:
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower
Confide
Psychic

I don't really use Delphox that often because of her defenses, despite the high Speed and Sp. Atk I gave her, but you may be wondering why Confide is there. It's there so I can try to weaken the opponent so the Red Card can take effect so there is a lower risk of Delphox fainting, and then I can use her to steal the opponent's item using a carefully-placed Flamethrower or Psychic. This is the same with Will-O-Wisp as well.

3. Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Nature: Quiet
EVs: Did not EV train this Pokemon
Moveset:
Psyshock
Geomancy
Focus Blast
Moonblast

You may be wondering "Didn't this guy copy that moveset off Smogon?" Well, I had to, but even if I did, this Pokemon of mine is a godsend in dire situations. I only use its most terrifying asset when it feels like I'm losing the battle - setting up a one-turn Geomancy, aided with the Power Herb. This combo is easiest to pull off in a Rotation Battle because I can just use a decoy (Greninja) to sweep part of the team and then use Geomancy reassured by the fact it won't get hazed. Then I can use it to one-shot the opponent using the other moves. Psyshock can take care of Poison-types while I can finish off Steel-types using Focus Blast.

4. Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize/Pixiliate (Mega)
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
Psychic
Wish
Moonblast
Focus Blast

I use Gardevoir as both a cleric and as a special sweeper. She's a new addition to the team after I replaced Aegislash with her, and she's faring quite well as another specially-based Pokemon. After doing ST on her, I gave it Pokerus to maximise its EV growth. When I send her into battle I use Moonblast to deal heavy damage to the opponent, and then if I can use her to sponge an attack, I use Wish to heal either her or another teammate, and this moveset can take down all of its weaknesses, including the Steel-type.

5. Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate/Shadow Tag (Mega)
Nature: Calm
Moveset:
Psychic
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam

Out of all the Pokemon I've got on the team, Gengar has the best coverage, barring my Protean Greninja. The fact I gave him Pokerus has added to the fact that he makes a brilliant special sweeper, and I have managed to take down quite a lot of Xerneas using Sludge Bomb, and Dazzling Gleam takes care of Dark-types quite easily. I have not seen Mega Gengar getting outsped by anything but even if it's got rather inferior Defense it's immune to many moves from the really common Lucario.

6. Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Rash
EVs: 252 Atk/252 SpD/6 Def
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Hone Claws

I wish that my Salamence had Dragon Dance but I don't want to go through all this breeding nonsense just to get it. As well as EV training it and as being the only physical attacker on the team, I usually send it out as a lead in teams containing Dragon-type Pokemon, complemented by the Fairy-types that I use. I went for the MixMence with its diverse moveset and although I haven't had much success with it I can use it to damage the opponent heavily, as a decoy. Then I can bring in a special sweeper to finish the rest off.