• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotation Battle team

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
Hello there, I'd like some help devising movesets/ ev spreads for my rotation battle team! This is intended solely for the battle mansion, and thus, only has four pokemon. I am probably not going to change the pokemon I have picked, but I will consider your suggestions. This is also a themed battle team (Ik, it doesn't matter..) based off the Indian love story Sakoontala

250px-219Magcargo.png
(Anasuya) @ White Herb
Calm, Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack 12 HP 12 Sp defense and 228 Speed
Flamethrower/ Fire Blast
Shell Smash
Recover
Earth Power
Ik.. you're thinking.. speed EVs on a Macargo? I did this because it IS a shell smash set... When one thinks of Macargo, it's crippling double weaknesses to ground and water come to mind, hence my next pokemon..

250px-556Maractus.png
(Priyamvada) @???/persim berry
Bold/ Storm Drain
EVs:252 HP 252 Sp. Attack 4 defense
Petal Dance/ Energy Ball
???/ Acupressure (?)
???
???
Maractus's main purpose is to dance with Magcargo, shielding him from water, ground, and rock type attacks, while he shields her from flying, bug, ice, and fire type attacks.

250px-553Krookodile.png
(Dushayanta)@ ???/ Liechi berry/ Choice band/Persim Berry
Adamant/ Moxie
Evs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Earthquake
Stone Edge
???/Crunch
???/Outrage
A Physical Sweeper, meant to be a final compliment to Maractus and Magcargo, hitting Dragon, Flying, and Psychic types that they cannot counter.

And finally... my star..
308Medicham-Mega.png
(Sakoontala) @ Medichamite
Adamant/ Pure Power
Evs; 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
High Jump Kick
Psycho Cut
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch/ Bulk up
My Main sweeper, Sakoontala the mega medicham, is my "reserve" pokemon, meaning that it is my fourth pokemon I can switch in after sending in my initial three.

Last edited:

chap196

For Krokodile
I would give him Choice Scarf for his Item since 92 base Speed isn't that high and its Attack can be really high after Moxie boost. Crunch and Outrage are already good.

For Maractus
Her move pool isn't that good, so you might need Hidden Power Rock or Fire since those type covers Pokemom that Petal Dance didn't. The last move is really hard to choose, there is Leech Seed and Spikes as a notable move for Single battle, but Spikes is nearly useless in Rotation battle.

Hope this help

backwardinduction

Looking at Maractus the best advice I can give you is use cotton guard and max out her HP and SpDef with a calm nature. Use leech seed and Giga drain for recovery. Does petal dance prevent you from rotating until it ends? If it does then running petal dance would be very bad.

For her last move, I'd say either grassy terrain so all your pokemon gain recovery (and her giga drain is boosted) or run toxic to poison things. You could also use sucker punch for priority.