• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotation Battles Discussion

Which do you like better Triple or Rotation Battles?

• Triple Battles!

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Rotation Battles!

Votes: 44 42.7%
  • I love them both!

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Neither, I like...

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I love both of them.

legendarypokemonmaster

Guys, this is in the competitive section, so try to talk about strategy, tactics, etc....

MudkipsAreAwesome

I was there.
Slaking is nice in rotations cause you can rotate away on a traunt turn, take the hit with skarmbliss combo, and murder the next turn again.

legendarypokemonmaster

That's not a bad idea, can you rotate while recharging? I doubt it though.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I greatly prefer them to triple battles. Those are just utter craziness, while rotation is all about building the perfect team and taking calculated risks. Im playing white, so i only started rotation post elite 4, but i play on wifi all the time now.
My rotation team is boufallant (sp? Mines nicknamed, i have no clue how to spell it) volcarona, and hydregion. Boufalant has a crazy attack, and takes a lot to nring down, plus sap sipper. Volcarona's a sweeper that can bring down almost anything but rock types, and hydregions diverse movepool allows for maximum coverage, and it benefits from levitate.

Pojay

The Summoner
I LOVE rotation battles... too bad they're not popular and I can never find people to fight in RM. It's fun to try to predict your opponents move... it's not just a contest of the best Pokemon.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You think this could work in 3 on 3 Rotations?

DrizzleToed
Random Sashed Pokemon using Trick Room
DeepSeaTooth Clamperl, Quiet, 252 SpA/252 HP, 31/31/31/31/31/0

Basically, lead with DrizzleToed, use Trick Room 1st turn, sweep with Clamperl. Has a crapton of power and no Speed, so it should OHKO the entire opposing side.

Zachmac

I'm actually pretty good at them. I've seen a lot of rage quitters, but I still have 8 wins to 0 losses.

They're fun. :D. I use jumpluff. It spreads paralysis, then leach seeds to help it's teammates set up.(DD haxorus, SD scissor).
Basically, lead with DrizzleToed, use Trick Room 1st turn, sweep with Clamperl. Has a crapton of power and no Speed, so it should OHKO the entire opposing side.
That falls to speed priority.
That's not a bad idea, can you rotate while recharging? I doubt it though.
I'm pretty sure you can't, since you have to select "attack" in order to rotate.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That falls to speed priority.

Hence why I invest in HP EVs. Water also happens to resist Aqua Jet and Ice Shard, two of the more common priority attacks.

Can I use Protect twice in a row if it's on two different Pokemon? As in, I Protect, rotate to something else, Protect again, rotate back, Protect again, etc?

Can I use Protect twice in a row if it's on two different Pokemon? As in, I Protect, rotate to something else, Protect again, rotate back, Protect again, etc?

No, that won't work. If the Pokemon protects, rotate, then rotate back and try to protect, it will have a chance to fail.

Zachmac

This is one of my favorite forms of battle. I'm doing a great job too, 10 wins and 1 loss, not including fights against rage quitters.

Actually, I'm using my single battle team for this, and it works surprisingly well.

legendarypokemonmaster

DrizzleToed
Random Sashed Pokemon using Trick Room
DeepSeaTooth Clamperl, Quiet, 252 SpA/252 HP, 31/31/31/31/31/0
I think it could work, but good luck setting it up. You will either be taunted, or more likely KOed because of three opposing pokemon.

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
Slaking is nice in rotations cause you can rotate away on a traunt turn, take the hit with skarmbliss combo, and murder the next turn again.

No you can't-the rotation just suspends the chain...Detect, Protect, Truant, etc. The same way your SD or DD is suspended until you spin back in. Just like status or leech seed or confusion. You can switch out to your fourth poke and restart any chain-or reset Fake Out etc.

I love the rotation battles-they will catch on soon.

Zachmac

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed people usually don't rotate even after their pokemon is inflicted with status? I keep using stun spore twice in a row because of this.

Firebrand

Indomitable
The only thing that bugs me about RM rotation battles (actually RM in general) is that people come in with a team of Latias, Hydregion, Dragonite, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Haxorus, and most of the time, at least one or two is blatantly hacked (I've had a garchomp use frenzy plant against my samurott). Like, way to use a team of non-uber ubers. Not trying to rant or anything, it just bugs me that people do that to boost up their win count. That's the only time I'll DC, and I always do it before the match.

Zachmac

The only thing that bugs me about RM rotation battles (actually RM in general) is that people come in with a team of Latias, Hydregion, Dragonite, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Haxorus, and most of the time, at least one or two is blatantly hacked (I've had a garchomp use frenzy plant against my samurott). Like, way to use a team of non-uber ubers. Not trying to rant or anything, it just bugs me that people do that to boost up their win count. That's the only time I'll DC, and I always do it before the match.

The only hacked pokemon I fought wasn't even that bad...Fissure and Guillotine on my gengar, lol(It was a single battle to make things worse).

Anyway, after a Frenzy Plant, or any move like that, Garchomp is pretty vulnerable.

Firebrand

Indomitable
In theory, except samurott was my last pokemon TT_TT stupid hackers, they just ruin everyone elses fun.
Oh, another team ive found effective is th good old type triangle of fire water and grass. My charizard and swampert have complimentary typing, and my sceptile is ev trained special attack and speed, plus it has protect, so it can switch into an attack very well.
I also should mention that emboar is a great asset, because of its diverse movepool. I have mine (its shiny ^_^) with flare blitz and brick break for stab and scald and wild charge for coverage. Its bulk means it can use a lot of recoil moves and still take hits (sitrus berry helps) and its movepool means it can switch into a lot of things.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
RB strategy can be pretty complicated because a lot of it can depend on how strategic your opponent is. lets say I have squirtle up with charmander and bulbasaur behind me, and my opponent has tepig with snivy and oshawott for support. common sense would say he would switch to snivy, so I switch to charmander for the KO. But I notice some people wont do it. jury's out on whether or not theyre being smart and anticipating me anticipate a switch, or theyre just not using strategy

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed people usually don't rotate even after their pokemon is inflicted with status? I keep using stun spore twice in a row because of this.

Majority of the people that I have battled through Random tend to rotate nearly every turn. I have, however, battled one or two people who fail to understand the importance of rotating.