• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotation

Swagsire

Well folks, It's officially been announced. Rotation is NXD-on for the 2014 season.

What do you all feel about this? Too little rotated? Any pet cards youre sad to lose? Personally I'm upset over Shift Gear Klingklang leaving, but it was bound to happen. Qwaa ;195;

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I was hoping for a DRX-PLB Format with a reprint of Catcher in PLB (it's needed with this format). Would've loved to see Darkrai kick the bucket, Eels end, Big Basics take a Big Hit (the "MT" of LMT would be gone), and even see Plasma lose a bit of its edge (lack of Prisms would hurt). It would take the format into a massive new direction. Even DEX-PLB would've been okay (losing Prism will be a big shift). That being said seeing Eels and Goth doesn't hurt. I just don't want to see EBB Goth come back too soon.

Swagsire

I was hoping for a DRX-PLB Format with a reprint of Catcher in PLB (it's needed with this format). Would've loved to see Darkrai kick the bucket, Eels end, Big Basics take a Big Hit (the "MT" of LMT would be gone), and even see Plasma lose a bit of its edge (lack of Prisms would hurt). It would take the format into a massive new direction. Even DEX-PLB would've been okay (losing Prism will be a big shift). That being said seeing Eels and Goth doesn't hurt. I just don't want to see EBB Goth come back too soon.

DRX-PLB would have lost us N. Which would really kill what we have for draw support (lackluster as it is). I think without prism and DCE, too many decks would be at a loss, and it would feel as though blastoise and genesect would be the only real competitors, not to mention the loss of level and heavy ball. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Emboar and blastoise decks are probably the 2 big ones to look out for in the future. Other then the power creep thing, it's possible, they're going to have to make something to come up with a way to play on the same level as the format or trounce it in some possible way (somehow nerf EXs in general, some yugioh standard, idk).

Because with another gen coming into play we usually end up getting new rules as well, usually.

Castre

I'm happy Keldeo-EX is leaving.

Fulfilling energy requirement with mono type, does 110 damage.
Broke. Too broke for me.

I don't think Keldeo EX is leaving in the new rotation. Swagsire said right at the top that the new rotation is Next Destinies on. That includes Boundaries Crossed and therefore, Keldeo EX.

Unless I've missed something.

DRX-PLB would have lost us N. Which would really kill what we have for draw support (lackluster as it is). I think without prism and DCE, too many decks would be at a loss, and it would feel as though blastoise and genesect would be the only real competitors, not to mention the loss of level and heavy ball. Qwaa ;195;
I agree. Though the heavy use of DCE makes me wonder what a new rotation would've looked like without it.

Last edited:

Swagsire

I don't think Keldeo EX is leaving in the new rotation. Swagsire said right at the top that the new rotation is Next Destinies on. That includes Boundaries Crossed and therefore, Keldeo EX.

Unless I've missed something.

I agree. Though the heavy use of DCE makes me wonder what a new rotation would've looked like without it.

Nope...Keldeo stays...And it isn't even that broke..

The interesting thing about DCE, is there are many options now that have a hate on for special energy+ ex+ plasma. The format seems relatively healthy if you ask me. Qwaa ;195;

Pokemaster Ace

Really, what about Rayquaza, black/kyurem or genesect that just destroys everything/anything in 1 hit? Keldeo ain't got nuthin on those bad boys.

I was just playing against a genesect deck and gotta say it does seem over powered that being said I was playing blastdeo but it wasn't a fun time. I think genesect is such a huge hitter provided you have g booster does seem a bit much but I guess the pokemon company were just trying to get players to move away from older exs suck as rayquazza etc.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Not really, rayquaza lost it's tier 1 status 6-8 months ago so it hasn't been a threat in a long time, genesect is kinda like a take of lux/chomp in the EX series (ability runs like catcher, does massive dmg for 3). and if you beat a person that was running virgin and won using blastoise that just tells me right there that he had a crappy list or didn't know how to play it, unlike you in knowing how to play blastoise.

Swagsire

Not really, rayquaza lost it's tier 1 status 6-8 months ago so it hasn't been a threat in a long time, genesect is kinda like a take of lux/chomp in the EX series (ability runs like catcher, does massive dmg for 3). and if you beat a person that was running virgin and won using blastoise that just tells me right there that he had a crappy list or didn't know how to play it, unlike you in knowing how to play blastoise.

This isn't true. At all. Blastoise can beat Genesect. Either or. Just because theres a type advantage doesn't mean you dismiss blastoise. We just run a much heavier black kyurem line is all. Then we're back to normal. Qwaa ;195;

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
This isn't true. At all. Blastoise can beat Genesect. Either or. Just because theres a type advantage doesn't mean you dismiss blastoise. We just run a much heavier black kyurem line is all. Then we're back to normal. Qwaa

You pretty much said the exact same thing I just said. I never said blastoise sucked I just said that obviously that person didn't have the time to work on the list where as we have had months to perfect blastoise's game play where as we have only had under a month to truly work on genesect, I never said that blastoise couldn't beat genesect, so really why is this a problem?

Just because a lot of people just base the success rate of a card off of it's stats doesn't mean how good that deck or that card will work over all, just sticking to a beat stick strategy every game doesn't really mean you're a good player, being a good player is all about making a winning decklist and spending the time to understand it better in every situation, and knowing how to make the best play's for that deck to truly shine. So just like I said, we have had that time to do so with blastoise where we haven't with genesect, this is a slow deck and just like blastoise was in the start being a good deck in all didn't really hit it's stride for awhile, so all in all, I'm not attacking blastoise, again for the 3rd time I run the deck and think it's a rather good build I just think that the opponent he was playing against didn't have the proper time to understand how to use virizion/genesect through and through like in how we understand blastoise.

Also, if anyone deos run virizion/genesect, making 1 card the key card of you're deck doesn't really make it win or not, as no deck can rely on 1 card for it's survival rate.

Last edited:

Swagsire

You pretty much said the exact same thing I just said. I never said blastoise sucked I just said that obviously that person didn't have the time to work on the list where as we have had months to perfect blastoise's game play where as we have only had under a month to truly work on genesect, I never said that blastoise couldn't beat genesect, so really why is this a problem?

Just because a lot of people just base the success rate of a card off of it's stats doesn't mean how good that deck or that card will work over all, just sticking to a beat stick strategy every game doesn't really mean you're a good player, being a good player is all about making a winning decklist and spending the time to understand it better in every situation, and knowing how to make the best play's for that deck to truly shine. So just like I said, we have had that time to do so with blastoise where we haven't with genesect, this is a slow deck and just like blastoise was in the start being a good deck in all didn't really hit it's stride for awhile, so all in all, I'm not attacking blastoise, again for the 3rd time I run the deck and think it's a rather good build I just think that the opponent he was playing against didn't have the proper time to understand how to use virizion/genesect through and through like in how we understand blastoise.

Also, if anyone deos run virizion/genesect, making 1 card the key card of you're deck doesn't really make it win or not, as no deck can rely on 1 card for it's survival rate.

Fact of the matter is we need Grass Patch. ;P Qwaa ;195;

Pokemaster Ace

The player I was playing is a good player, what happened was i got rid of his g booster, catcher out what was not set up stall then hit big as soon as I could. The type disadvantages made it difficult but great fun at the same time. That being said I'm still not sold on gen/vir deck, thinking of making a virizon / big basic using it to power up the basics just something a bit more fun to play.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
It sounds to me like you guys had no interest in playing or playing against the deck in the first place, so instead of trying to play a deck you don't really care about, why not play it against someone who is going to take the time to be good at it. I'm in no way defending the deck but it just seems to me like you guys just don't care for it or like it at all and going into a game on that mental note doesn't really make that player good now does it, because it's not as if they took the deck seriously.

And one last thing, idc about type advantage on this one, never have and never will, because if type advantage mattered darkrai wouldn't win 2 divisions this year or even take it 2 times in a row in masters.

Swagsire

It sounds to me like you guys had no interest in playing or playing against the deck in the first place, so instead of trying to play a deck you don't really care about, why not play it against someone who is going to take the time to be good at it. I'm in no way defending the deck but it just seems to me like you guys just don't care for it or like it at all and going into a game on that mental note doesn't really make that player good now does it, because it's not as if they took the deck seriously.

And one last thing, idc about type advantage on this one, never have and never will, because if type advantage mattered darkrai wouldn't win 2 divisions this year or even take it 2 times in a row in masters.

Actually type advantage is huge.. Lando was literally the only early pressure fighting pokemon. But that's all it has. When it comes down to it, Keldeo just does a really quick number on lando by turn 2, so it becomes a less favorable play is all. That being said, I still feel types are balanced, and don't make a huge effect on the game. That's what Black Kitten EX is for after all. Qwaa ;195;