• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotom Won't Stop Undergoing Forme Change! (1000)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Rotom Won't Stop Undergoing Forme Change!

Rotom Dex is one of Ash's companions and is a Rotom in a Pokédex. After being hit by Pikachu's electricity, it is pushed out of the Pokédex and goes into Kukui's Washing Machine. It tries to go back to being in the Pokédex, but keeps failing and changes to all the different forms. Will Rotom be able to return to the Pokédex?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hilariously funny filler going on so far, with luckily not any of the slapstick focusing on Ash. Hmm, surprised that the opening is not still updated.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hahaha, Pokemon Center Rotom to end! :D And Pikachu shocking it as well! Sadly Ash became the centre of slapstick at the end part of the episode. Still, I feel this was a decently enjoyable filler. 6/10!

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wow, I can't believe SM revealed Pokemon Center Rotom. Guess we really are going to Gen VIIII this year.

Not.

But even if it was a thing, what type would it be? Electric/Fairy, maybe?

Last edited:

UnovaMaster

Jigglypuff is enjoying some side adventuring

It still being back feels like a 1000th episode gift for old fans

Either it's getting caught or putting an Ultra Beast to sleep imo

DatsRight

Not bad but not as good as the previous Rotom episode. Nothing really noteworthy happened, not even an upgrade for Rotom like last time.

It kinda fell into the same category as cases like the starter trio episode, with some character getting caught in some chain reaction and spending the whole episode getting their *** kicked for it, while the character responsible is forgotten about and gets off scot free. If they're gonna do schaudenfreude episodes I'd prefer if the character got themselves into the mess over the 'plot device - slapstick abuse' structure. As said in the preview thread, even an episode where Ash's Pokemon realise the problem and try quickly to find the real Rotom before Ash finds out what they've done could have been more fun.

Tidbits:

* Lycanroc being playful to the wrong Pokemon again.
* Unlike Steenee, Lycanroc and Litten FEAR crossing the owl.
* So many reflexive Thunderbolts from Pikachu. Surprised Rotom didn't want to strangle the rodent when he returned to normal at last.
* A unique cameo from Detective Smeargle. Wouldn't be a Rotom episode without it.
* "WASH!"
* Intrigued they still give Rotom human language thought, makes me wonder how they'd convey the other Pokemon thinking.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, it somewhat tops DP' s rotom episode showcasing rotom's forms, except for the non ghost shenanigans.

I wouldn't mind if rotom poke center is a thing next gen. Where's my mega rotom combining all rotom forms + rotomdex, then?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Pretty good filler actually! Loved all the moments at home with the other kids :) Suiren's sister make me LOL with Poplio just sitting there and watching.

Also Lillie getting chased by the lawn mower xD

Also no TRio!?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Meh, 4.5/10 for this filler. It was better than SM056, but was still pretty boring overall, seeing all of Rotom's dumb shenanigans. Seriously, all the appliances so conveniently looked like the Rotom forms.

Favorite moment was definitely Rotom Lawn trying to talk to Lillie, and Lillie mistaking it as though it wastrying to run her over. And lol at Sophocles's mother seemingly not giving a damn that her son was frozen solid.

And of course, in typical SM fashion, the episode ends with Ash slipping on his ***, and a Poke Centre Rotom, even though the Pokémon Centre isn't an appliance in the first place.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I enjoyed this filler episode. It was pretty funny and it was reasonable for Pikachu's electricity to get Rotom out of the Pokedex. So I was right that there were 2 Rotom. It seems like some Rotom are trained to only function in one machine. I also liked that Rotom travelled through the electrical slot sockets like it did in its debut episode.

What I didn't like was how pointless Marshadow's appearance was (or maybe it'll be brought up again later down the road) and I don't know why Jigglypuff had an awkward random appearance.

Anyway, it was funny seeing everyone freak out and Ash was hilarious!! :D

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
This episode was actually more entertaining than I thought it would be. Characters' reactions to their appliances being possessed/going haywire were amusing (I love how Lana's sisters, rather than freaking out like everyone else did, just gleefully chased their possessed fan around the room, and how Sophocles's mother just seemed so...nonchalant at walking into the kitchen to find her son encased in an ice cube). Poor Rotom. :p

I do wonder, though, why Rotom had so much trouble getting to its various destinations. Does it really have that little control over where it's going as it's passing through the electric wires when there's an electric current? How else would it end up at the Aina Cafeteria or Sophocles's house?

I kind of wish Litten had gotten a little bit of a comeuppance for essentially causing the mess in the first place, even if it was unintentional that cat seems to be an unintentional troublemaker. I'm also a little surprised Rotom didn't want to strangle Pikachu for being so spark-happy by the end of the episode (even if it's just an instinctive reflex on Pikachu's part).

I didn't expect much of anything from Marshadow's cameo—and certainly not for Ash or any other major character to encounter it—so I'm not surprised Wash Rotom's photo was too blurry for Ash to make out Marshadow.

And why in the world was Jigglypuff even in this episode? It served absolutely no purpose.

* Intrigued they still give Rotom human language thought, makes me wonder how they'd convey the other Pokemon thinking.
That's kind of to be expected, actually; otherwise, the audience would have no idea what's going through Rotom's head. Since it was the main character of the episode, without any other characters to bounce off of, we had to know what it was thinking, since it certainly couldn't speak the human language as a normal Rotom.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I kind of wish Litten had gotten a little bit of a comeuppance for essentially causing the mess in the first place, even if it was unintentional that cat seems to be an unintentional troublemaker. I'm also a little surprised Rotom didn't want to strangle Pikachu for being so spark-happy by the end of the episode (even if it's just an instinctive reflex on Pikachu's part).

Given how oblivious everyone was to what was going on and why Rotom was acting so erratic, it could have added to the humour with him randomly awakening in a murderous fit for the rest of the episode, with Pikachu (and maybe others that had unknowingly abused Rotom) left in 'ME? What did I do?' mode. XD

And why in the world was Jigglypuff even in this episode? It served absolutely no purpose.

It was random, though then again there were those Litten vs Lycanroc cameos in otherwise unrelated episodes, and they seem to be building up to something after all. Maybe Jigglypuff's gonna end up somewhere important.

That's kind of to be expected, actually; otherwise, the audience would have no idea what's going through Rotom's head. Since it was the main character of the episode, without any other characters to bounce off of, we had to know what it was thinking, since it certainly couldn't speak the human language as a normal Rotom.

Except there's tons of episodes focused on other Pokemon individually that do just that in some way. Sure it might have been harder to connect Rotom's personality without his voice, but it still seems possible.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It was random, though then again there were those Litten vs Lycanroc cameos in otherwise unrelated episodes, and they seem to be building up to something after all. Maybe Jigglypuff's gonna end up somewhere important.
The Litten vs. Lycanroc training battles in previous episodes were not nearly as random as Jigglypuff's unnecessary appearances in this episode. The Litten vs. Lycanroc training battles were clearly that—training battles, which we have seen before in otherwise unrelated episodes in previous series. Jigglypuff's random appearances in this episode did not give off any vibes of foreshadowing or building up to anything, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one.

Except there's tons of episodes focused on other Pokemon individually that do just that in some way. Sure it might have been harder to connect Rotom's personality without his voice, but it still seems possible.
The difference is that Rotom has already been established to speak the human language, even if it's only because he is in a Pokédex. The other Pokémon do not speak the human language, and so viewers don't expect them to, even if it's just their thoughts. Rotom's thoughts being in the human language could be more for the sake of consistency than anything else.

DatsRight

Well we got a whole episode from Jigglypuff just before so I still think anything could happen.

On a side note, anyone else disappointed they didn't use the opportunity to establish a move set for Rotom?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
On a side note, anyone else disappointed they didn't use the opportunity to establish a move set for Rotom?
Why would the writers need to establish a move set for Rotom? Its primary purpose is to act as a sentient Pokédex, not as a battle Pokémon or even a support Pokémon, so does it really need a move set defined?

Rajas

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Rotom been electrocuted numerous times by Pikachu in the anime so far? If he has, how come he's all of a sudden flying out of his Pokedex because of it? Also the Rotom Center thing was weird. Cool that we saw Marshadow twice though, hope it has a more important reason for appearance than just for the sake of it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Rotom been electrocuted numerous times by Pikachu in the anime so far? If he has, how come he's all of a sudden flying out of his Pokedex because of it? Also the Rotom Center thing was weird. Cool that we saw Marshadow twice though, hope it has a more important reason for appearance than just for the sake of it.

Yeah that's what I don't get. Rotom has been shocked by Pikachu in the past and no major reaction happened.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Probably because he hasn't been around another Rotom during those times. It did show Rotom's robotic system kind of malfunctioning and going haywire when Pikachu did shock him in the past.