• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotom Won't Stop Undergoing Forme Change! (1000)

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Dang, Animation Supervisors Nanba Isao and Akiyama Yasuhiko went all out this episode. Oohashi Aito also worked on the episode as a key animator, doing the scene where Satoshi slips on soap. That camera angle must've been hard to draw at.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I actually really liked this episode as a filler and found it to be quite amusing. It was nice to see Rotom visiting our main characters in some way, shape, or form, and the comedic moments that followed. The episode definitely had me laughing out loud more than a few times. :p

To give some examples; In the beginning when the Pokemon were indirectly hitting each other, their facial reactions were hilarious. Rotom thinking Ash threw out the Pokedex. Lillie being chased by the lawn mower, which was taken over by Rotom. Mallow and Steenee’s reaction to the microwave and Sophocles getting frozen when Rotom took over the fridge. I also thought it was hilarious that Ash thought he was battling the washing machine in the Pokemon Center.

So, like I said, funny episode, and it was cool how the characters were included in this fashion. 8/10

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Really funny episode even though it was a filler. I really liked how Rotom managed to get into a TV and do whatever was in the TV like that it had teleported and how Rotom Dex managed to take a photo of a Marshadow. Heat Rotom getting hit by Marowak and scaring Mallow, Frost Rotom freezing Sophocles and Mow Rotom chasing Lillie and Snowy was very hilarious in many ways. Pokémon Center Rotom was what really got me in the end and overall, laughs were definitely all over the place and the animators really tried to make it very funny this time.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This episode, while it was a filler, it was hilarious. There are several instances in this episode where I could not help but laugh.

The beginning part was so funny. Rowlet getting mad and trying to attack to Litten and Lycanroc but missed them and ended up getting Pikachu instead, who shocks everyone. I was so confused about something. Rotom has been shocked by Pikachu multiple times prior to this episode so why all of a sudden is Rotom getting thrown out of the PokeDex now? That makes no sense to me. But it did lead to some hilarious shenanigans throughout the episode so I can let that slide.

Why on earth is Jigglypuff in this episode? It serves literally no purpose whatsoever and it seemed unnecessary to me. Sometimes Jigglypuff’s running gag of drawing on people and Pokemon’s faces after putting them to sleep can be funny but in this episode, it just annoyed me. It did nothing to contribute to the plot of the episode so why did it need it to be in here, why? I was glad there was no TRio in this episode though, if I’m being honest.

The whole thing with Rotom getting pulled throughout the power lines to where Ash’s classmates were was entertaining. That last part when Sophocles’ mom came in after Rotom froze him and Togedemaru had me laughing. “Oh my.” She was calm over the fact that her son was frozen solid, that was so funny.

How is it that nobody besides Ash seemed to notice Rotom was acting strange? I thought for sure Kukui at least would have.

That ending. Apparently, Pokemon Center Rotom is a thing now. I must admit, I laughed so hard over that. That was seriously the best part of the whole episode. That was so funny.

I give this episode a 7.5 out of 10. It was a hillariously funny episode but as I said before, it was a filler episode. It did nothing for plot progression.

Evanibble

Pretty good filler. I liked how Rotom ended up in the TV watching his favorite detective show.

Also Litten misfiring and accidentally hitting Rowlet. I love the little bird's weird reactions to everything, and its brief fit of rage was no exception.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since this episode featured Rotom's antics, I was somewhat dreading it. The plot itself was lacking as I expected, yet Rotom's ordeal was tolerable at times. What I wasn't so keen on was Purin's minor appearance along with Marshadow's cameo.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
aw poor Nurse Joy haha when she first tried to do the load of laundry

Why doesn't Rotom just travel through the air as a normal Pokémon just float around the city until he reaches Kukui's house and goes in? Why is he only using the grid? Each time he escaped out of an appliance he was in such a rush to jump back into the outlet. Why wasn't he just in such a rush to just STAY in his Ghost-type forme and fly to Kukui's house? It's probably hard for him to control where he's going or even know where he is via the grid, but via just normal flying through the air wouldn't things have been much easier? At one point, he's even in the TV at their house! Once he got out of the TV, just STAY there and wait for Ash to come home!

MARSHADOW WHAT! SO RANDOM; reminds me of Darkrai in that dream episode.. totally random appearance no explanation lol

Yes the Lillie's diary theme returned

Ash is so lucky the Nurse Joy is where that washing machine was delivered.. or else he might never have figured out what was going on. If it had been delivered somewhere else, Nurse Joy probably wouldn't have been able to figure out what was going on with Rotom when Ash brought it to her.

"Is that Bubblebeam?" was a really funny line.

What was the point of the two random scenes with Jigglypuff?? The first one served fine as just a nice background shot to transition between scenes, but the second one with Mudbray was more of an actual scene, making me think it would impact the episode's plot.

Hmm, surprised that the opening is not still updated.

It's nice to know that the Japanese opening didn't update either post-Aether Foundation Arc, because I just assumed that it had updated (because the Japanese usually does, I thought it was a fair assumption even without fully knowing for sure) and have been wondering why the English has not. Now it's nice to know that the Japanese has not either (as of this episode).

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
You know, what if Rotom's Dex Body ever gets EMP'd? Or even flat-out destroyed?

Anyway, I knew this episode's general setup the moment the two Rotom crashed and fell into each others' devices. Still, it was nice that Rotom had an episode to himself, even if he ended up trapped in the Pokemon Center itself (which'll be fixed by next episode due to rule of comedy status quo). I'm surprised the show waited this long to showcase all of Rotom's forms (unless DP had such an occasion I forgot about). Roger Callagy must have had a blast with this episode.

It's nice to know that the Japanese opening didn't update either post-Aether Foundation Arc, because I just assumed that it had updated (because the Japanese usually does, I thought it was a fair assumption even without fully knowing for sure) and have been wondering why the English has not. Now it's nice to know that the Japanese has not either (as of this episode).

On one hand, I'm gleeful to see the JP version be a lazy slacker. On the other hand, I'm not happy to see the dub be even close to that laziness.

You know, I think MickeyMousing has a place in Pokemon every now and then. This episode's entire setup was a perfect place for it, and it all worked. This is the most hilarious dub score yet, and I mean that with all positivity.

This was indeed a fun one.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
The Japanese version got a new opening entirely a few episodes after this. I suppose they saw little point in making a new, Nebby-less version of Alola!! when the song was going to be replaced soon anyway.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm surprised the show waited this long to showcase all of Rotom's forms (unless DP had such an occasion I forgot about).

Rotom's debut episode in DP already showcased all the forms. This is literally the third episode with that premise.

On one hand, I'm gleeful to see the JP version be a lazy slacker. On the other hand, I'm not happy to see the dub be even close to that laziness.

Laziness...how? For not updating the opening? Even though we were only four episodes away from a completely new opening.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm surprised the show waited this long to showcase all of Rotom's forms (unless DP had such an occasion I forgot about).

DP105, BWS2Da!06, and XY81 all showcased Rotom's formes.

Vipsoccermaster

A funny filler, even if we seen them in action before. DP105 is easily the one I remember. Funny that Rotom Dex thought Ash would trash the Pokédex due to being weird and not acting his usual self. And the ending was really hilarious. There might be a time when the Pokémon Center is run by Rotom and not Nurse Joy anymore.

As for Jigglypuff, nice cameos, but really, you served zero purpose for this episode. You just HAD an episode dedicated to yourself (along with Komala).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is normally where I would complain about this being yet another plotless episode, which it was, but you know what? I kind of liked it this time. The premise was actually kind of amusing. I've wanted to have an episode where we see Rotomdex leave the Pokédex since I first learned that it would be a character in the show, so I'm glad to have gotten that. I also do like Rotomdex as a character. Of course, I would have preferred to see this concept pulled off with some actual plot in it, instead of Rotom just randomly being thrown about, but whatever, at least the episode wasn't as boring as Sun and Moon gets with most of its plotless filler episodes.

That Marshadow cameo though, can't say I was expecting that. That probably has to be the most random appearance of a Legendary Pokémon we've ever seen in the show. I'm just going to go with the completely unsupported headcanon that it's this universe's version of the one from the movie, and it's watching over Ash, waiting for him to become the Rainbow Hero of this world.

Oh, and we have another anime-exclusive form of a Pokémon to go with the likes of the Crystal Onix and the Orange Island color changes. Funny as it was, I'm not looking forward to seeing people claim that we should get this form in an a game. You just know that someone, somewhere, will think it's a real possibility.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Crystal Onix and the Orange Island color changes

It's funny you mention that because I think this is where they got the idea for Alolan formes from.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's funny you mention that because I think this is where they got the idea for Alolan formes from.

I've seen a lot of people say that, and honestly, I don't agree in the slightest. The games and the anime made by completely different people, and there's been a gap of over 15 years between those things appearing in the anime and Alola Forms debuting. Crossover between the games and anime is of course possible, but if the game developers really wanted to use these ideas, I don't think they would have waited 15 plus years to do so. I think it's probably just a coincidence.

Though, Alolan Forms and the alternate colored Orange Island Pokémon are probably both inspired by the same idea of the Founder Effect, where a small population on a remote location, such as an island, branches off in its evolution from the mainland version, giving them a different appearence. But that's a pretty common prospect and popularized by Darwin's research, so it independently inspiring both Orange Island and Alolan Forms isn't crazy at all.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I've seen a lot of people say that, and honestly, I don't agree in the slightest. The games and the anime made by completely different people, and there's been a gap of over 15 years between those things appearing in the anime and Alola Forms debuting. Crossover between the games and anime is of course possible, but if the game developers really wanted to use these ideas, I don't think they would have waited 15 plus years to do so. I think it's probably just a coincidence.

Though, Alolan Forms and the alternate colored Orange Island Pokémon are probably both inspired by the same idea of the Founder Effect, where a small population on a remote location, such as an island, branches off in its evolution from the mainland version, giving them a different appearence. But that's a pretty common prospect and popularized by Darwin's research, so it independently inspiring both Orange Island and Alolan Forms isn't crazy at all.
You can have your differing opinion about this and that's fine with me, but I'm going to have to disagree with you that they independently came up with these because imio there's other stuff from the Orange Islands that I believe could have inspired the SM games. For example the Orange Islands having 4 gyms and the Alola Islands having 4 grand trials. The Orange Islands' gyms having to do stuff other than just regular battling could have inspired the trials making you do things other than just regular battling. All in all I personally believe GF took a lot of inspiration from the OI setup for these games. It's fine if you disagree.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The true 1000th episode
Rotom really needed another focus episode and it was a great one. I actually laughed when Ash asked Wash Rotom Dex which Pokemon Marshadow was and it went "How should I know?"
Getting to see all the different Rotom forms again was great too!
I do hope Marshadow gets a role at some point in the future though beyond just a cameo that's meant to be there as a joke. I'd love to see its z-move!
Rotom's truly underrated

8/10

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I thought this episode had some good moments and was surprisingly entertaining.

Watching tv with the scene where Rotom is inside of tv and reacting to what was on the tv, felt like an odd moment for some reason.

Among each of the Rotom forms, I believe that I would kind of relate to Rotom dex in wanting to be the Pokedex form compared to the others. Either that or maybe the original form.

Nurse Joy does not normally get a lot of screen time so that part was good too.

Last edited: