• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kecleon King

Enterprise Captain
does rotom count as a "legendary" i dont think so i think its like suddowoodo from g/s/c but im not sure

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
No it's not legendry due to the fact the it can breed, every legend (excluding Manaphy and Phonie) can't breed

Leon

It's not a legendary because of its ability to breed, and its base stats are too low.

[Senor_Tom]

MAXBREEDER
events are events because you go to events.
therefore it is not like an event. It just happens to be a one off, like snorlax always was, and suddowoodo was.

Basically the Sudowoodo, Kecleon, of 4th Gen. The legend music does throw you off though..

abgar

Fufufufu
and almost every trainer in PBR has one, so i dont think is legendary

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
THat little thing? A legend? Hahaha.

Nope, and even then, there's still far too many this generation.

friend to shuckle

i think it may not be a legendary but it certianaly isn't like sudowudo, snorlax or keckleon because
A) it's obscure and not many found it before they heard about it online or from a friend.
B) the others blocked your path, you had to face them in order to complete the game!
C) you can't get it until after you complete the sinnoh pokedex so it must be more than just a usual pokemon.

put it this way
legendary = god

wild pokemon = civilians

pokemon like sudowudo = kings/barons etc.

rotom = somewhere between God and baron

Arbok

aka Arbok
i think it may not be a legendary but it certianaly isn't like sudowudo, snorlax or keckleon because
A) it's obscure and not many found it before they heard about it online or from a friend.
B) the others blocked your path, you had to face them in order to complete the game!
C) you can't get it until after you complete the sinnoh pokedex so it must be more than just a usual pokemon.

put it this way
legendary = god

wild pokemon = civilians

pokemon like sudowudo = kings/barons etc.

rotom = somewhere between God and baron

Too much fantasy.

Even if it doesn't block your path, we mean it's a one-off Pokémon, just like Snorlax or Sudowoodo was.

Sphyxius

Rotom:

1. Has no legend to go with it, ergo, not legendary.
2. All legendaries have stat totals of at least 580, Rotom doesn't. (Phione doesn't count as it is essentially a baby pokemon)
3. There is only one of Rotom but in their respective gens there was only one Snorlax and one Sudowoodo.
4. Being next to the legendaries in the pokedex means nothing, Snorlax comes right before Articuno in the old Kanto dex. Snorlax isn't legendary -_- Neither is Blissey, who comes right before Raikou in the Johto dex. This is a commonly used argument for the Rotom-is-legendary people and it fails for those reasons :p
5. Rotom has no gender however gender has nothing to do with a pokemon being legendary. Normal pokemon like Magnezone, Electrode, and Metagross have no gender and legendaries such as Lati@s, Cresselia, and Heatran have genders. Ergo gender or lack of gender is not proportional to pokemon being legendary at all.
6. It is not part of any trio or duo, therefore lacking any connection with other legendaries, and lacks any form of signature move, a thing most legendaries share.
7. Its an atom. Jesus Christ people, I mean yeah some people are big on science and not religion but worshiping the almighty ATOM? Atoms aren't legendary. -_-
8. Its clearly based in science. Its the "Plasma" pokemon. Its not some big flying/stampeding mythical monster, nor is it a little cute sprite/djinn that brings happiness to everyone or balances nature or grants wishes. Even the aesthetic design of this pokemon isn't legendary. It reminds me of Castform in this respect, although Castform is *given* to you so no one would say its legendary.
9. Also, its pokedex data referring to its tendency to infiltrate electronic devices suggests (to me anyway) that there are many Rotom and that they have a reputation for haunting household electrical appliances.

I can only pray people read this post and don't make any more dumb is-Rotom-legendary-even-though-there-is-no-logical-reason-why-it-is threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.