• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotom's Wish (884)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash Leapt Through Time! Rotom's Wish!

While visiting a hotel on their way to the next town, Ash & co. encounter a place where battles are held using Pokémon as gambling pieces. Ash is challenged to a battle by the head of the hotel, only to discover that he has to use Pikachu as a betting chip. Ash doesn't wish to risk it but is luckily saved by a Rotom who leads him to an elevator, but when they get off the elevator, it turns out that they are in the past. Will they be able to return to the present?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
There are three Rotom forms featured in today's episode (in order of its appearance):

Wash Rotom
Frost Rotom
Mow Rotom (previously featured in the Best Wishes series)

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
What the **** did I just watch?

This is simply the queerest episode to date. Is the hotel a pocket dimension that prevents local authorities from arresting those goons? How is the hotel able to run without the money of actual visitors or the fact that it looks like ****? Do the trainers go there just for the high-stakes Pokemon battle? (Zawa zawa) Why does the hotel owner allow them to take control of the hotel for an entire decade? Why doesn't he have a spine and is incapable of convincing his own Rotom to stop Krookodiile? Did Ash and gang just disregard the space-time continuum?

The episode would've still worked without the time travelling shenanigans, but they did it anyway.

Funny episode, but is a huge mind**** probably equalling that of the haunted mansion episode (not the Espurr one).

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
What the **** did I just watch?

This is simply the queerest episode to date. Is the hotel a pocket dimension that prevents local authorities from arresting those goons? How is the hotel able to run without the money of actual visitors or the fact that it looks like ****? Do the trainers go there just for the high-stakes Pokemon battle? (Zawa zawa) Why does the hotel owner allow them to take control of the hotel for an entire decade? Why doesn't he have a spine and is incapable of convincing his own Rotom to stop Krookodiile? Did Ash and gang just disregard the space-time continuum?

The episode would've still worked without the time travelling shenanigans, but they did it anyway.

Funny episode, but is a huge mind**** probably equalling that of the haunted mansion episode (not the Espurr one).

I was scratching my head the entire time I was watching this (not only due to language barriers, but all this^ too) Yeah maybe I've watched too many time traveling shows/films but what Satoshi and co. did should've affected much more than just the state of the hotel and the people inside it. Like seriously. If they're gonna do time travel, they should do it correctly...not like this xD like you said, this episode could've been done without it. LOL
For me, this wasn't a very memorable episode. It got interesting but...it didn't seem at all..great. The series has had a lot of good and memorable fillers recently..this isn't one of them...interesting..but..not memorable.

Viex

This episode had a good beginning but a bad middle and end. It's the kind of episode where suspension of disbelief is needed but it still wasn't enough. It had the xy flare but turned into a jotho filler. Looking forward to the next episode.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I was scratching my head the entire time I was watching this (not only due to language barriers, but all this^ too) Yeah maybe I've watched too many time traveling shows/films but what Satoshi and co. did should've affected much more than just the state of the hotel and the people inside it. Like seriously. If they're gonna do time travel, they should do it correctly...not like this xD like you said, this episode could've been done without it. LOL

For me, this wasn't a very memorable episode. It got interesting but...it didn't seem at all..great. The series has had a lot of good and memorable fillers recently..this isn't one of them...interesting..but..not memorable.

For me, it seemed like they had this idea on stock for quite a while - and pulled it out the moment they thought they needed to reshowcase Rotom.. It's not even the actual Lost Hotel, it's just a hotel.. Sure, it has Rotom and it has the bins, but who cares?! This could've been done in DP, BW or Da.. It wouldn't have mattered, just swap out Pangoro for Ursaring/Beartic.. -.-

As for the time-travel having more affect than it did. That guy with the Pangoro, would probably have made different choices after Pangoro had been taken from him than choices he would've made with Pangoro. If I lose my pokémon, I would probably replace it at some point. If I don't lose my pokémon, I wouldn't (unless you figure you capture what you capture regardless of what has preceeded). So whatever that guy had caught to replace his Pangoro, is gone? That's life altering changes there. What if he met his wife while being on the road after leaving that sad place behind? Guess what, it would've NEVER HAPPENED! Jee thx Ash!

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Ash back to times before he was even born
And now people in the PRESENT TIME, remember him from 10 years ago.

And he even has a photo from the PAST, where he and his companions look exactly the same as they do 10 years later

I know there are time traveling Pokemon but this thing is arceusdamnit wtf

so does this make Serena his first travelling companion? Kalos his first travelled Region? This ep was fun but holy crap

also random Meloetta's Relic Song usage in the photo scene.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
And I thought the plot of Kingdom Hearts was nuts.

Viex

I don't get how Rotom managed to show the past while using different camera angles and not his own POV.

Supersonicbro

Well, now we can add alternate timelines to pokemon. This episode was weird...they could have easily done this without time travel. Rotom could have made up for running away by coming back to fight with his trainer instead of erasing the fact that it ran away in the first place.

And they could have even replaced the extra time with a montage of the gang cleaning up the hotel after the thugs got kicked out and then it could have had the exact same ending.

p96822

Evolve me please
So in my though about the time travel, I think that there are something item like that elevator had the power to travel though time.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I had some problems with this episode. I don't hate it. But I scratch my head at times. Rotom was awesome in this episode. But this time travel thing should have affected the future more ways than one. Like the picture. But at the end it is Pokemon after all. XD. Decent episode. Not good but not bad either.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Meh, I had low expectations for this episode and they were proven right. The time travel stuff was boring and made little sense imo. Mantle was interesting though which surprised me, but seeing Rotom change forms did nothing for me. :x

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Sonic 06 handled time travel better than this, and that says a lot.

3/10

DotKU

Champion
I didn't really understand the episode so I'll wait for subs for my final judgement, but this episode went completely different from what I had in mind. At least there was no team rocket, but it also felt like an episode that should have been in BW