• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rotom's Wish (884)

Remix2

I think this episode prove that a episode can still be bad even without team rocket in it.

I really don't know why they needed the time travel plot to begin with, they can just convince the man with the rotom to have him battle mantle again to reclaim the hotel.

Last edited:

Tobinsyr

Mmmmm!!! That's good filler!!!

Seriously though the episode was really, really bad. Expectations were dashed, time travel episodes stink anyway, and overall it was meant to be quirky and fun. However, considering how it was written it wasn't.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Well. This was 20 something odd minutes of my life I'll never get back. Like what even was this episode.

Obscurites

This episode in a nutshell: Satoshi and co. causes time paradox.

I think the name of hotel's owner, Yolton, makes a reference to Hilton (the famous hotel), but with 夜 (yoru; night) instead of 昼 (hiru; noon) when written in Romaji. It also refers to the fact that Rotom can only be found at night in the games.

K.N.

Didn't like this episode at all personally. I know it's a kid's show and all but its really like they put zero thought into writing this one. Thankfully DaDonYordel already listed a lot of the big gaping plot holes for everyone but it's honestly kind of impressive how much nonsense they were able to pack into a 20 minute cartoon. Even that wouldn't be such a big deal if the episode made me care about the guy or his Rotom, but...well, it didn't.

I remember liking that May time travel episode from way back a lot more than this one. Granted maybe its nostalgia because it was so long ago, but I recall that having a lot more charm because it had this Fairy Tale like feel to it this one didn't really capture.

XXD17

Draco rex
lol...that krook must of had the finest of assault vests to take a hydro pump and a blizzard...i don't know why everyone is up in arms about the whole time travel thing...this is pokemon and this episode was supposed to be fun and...well...I liked it...holes and all...i kinda wanted rotom wash to take down the krook though...

Respawnzer

Toaru NT 13 hype
Was this episode inspired by Back to the Future? Because that's what it felt the entire time. I really dislike time travel concepts since it just emits a bunch of time paradoxes and confusion. The whole episode could have gone without it and just simply beating the 3 goons and taking back the hotel would have sufficed. Better yet, this episode didn't even have to happen if the owner called Officer Jenny! Overall, it was a waste of my time.

4/10

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So much negativity towards this episode. I love quirky episodes like this and it had a Krookodile taking hits from Rotom's formes. I'm not saying this episode was super fantastic but I personally found this episode better than some of the other XY fillers we had. My rating would be a 7.5/10 because points are given to two Pokemon I like (Krookodile and Rotom).

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The time traveling bits are undeniably the worst part of the episode to me. And when you combine it with rather poor writing even for filler it just comes off terribly.

This really felt like it belonged during the DA! days.. But maybe that's just me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I know it's a kid's show and all but its really like they put zero thought into writing this one.

Most of XY's fillers in a nutshell. The time travel bit could've been handled better at the very least, but it felt so ho-hum.

Remix2

Most of XY's fillers in a nutshell. The time travel bit could've been handled better at the very least, but it felt so ho-hum.

Honestly I think most xy fillers are quite good with only two of being bad like this one and the clemont Bonnie fight episode.

phanpycross

God-king
tbh, I honestly enjoyed this more than most of the other XY fillers so far.

I hear a lot of people calling this episode a "DA filler", but I was more reminded of an early johto filler IE very creative and and fairly relaxed about the concept of logic, just for the ske of giving people something fun to look at.

Krookodile and Rotom being some of the greatest pokemon in creation also helps the likeability of the episode.

7/10.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Totally agree. This one takes the very worst for me.

Wow this must have been the only XY filler you've watched then lol.

Seriously this episode isnt very good but it sure as hell isnt the wrost by any stretch, it's largley bland and inoffensive with no standout qualities to it but that's it

chicorita3

I kinda like this episode. I mean, there are some "what?" moments in this episode but it was good overall.
7/10

hottom3rd

episode was a 7/10 for me.. not amazing but enjoyable enough to be entertaining. I was humored at the end photo..

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

Got rather lazy to write this one up.

Pros:

* Zany episode that was rather Kanto-esque

Cons:

* Rather nonsensical filler episode; Rotom vs Krookodile wasn't exactly stellar...

Thoughts:

* Evil guy had that creepy hentai predator face

* Was there any need to have an elevator time machine and go back in time to redo those events? Couldn't have all these events happened in present day?
How have the hotel staff not reported those hooligans to Office Jenny after all those years? How is time flow restricted to only the hotel? What about the butterfly effect? Wtf!?!!

This was a head-scratching episode. Too bad the idea wasn't utilized to the fullest potential. Then again, that summarizes the XY series as a whole.

2/10

Freedom

Pokeman
To all the people who say that the episode could've done without the time-travel, here is why I think it was necessary:

1) 10 years is a long time, Yolton would've become broken and dispirited over the duration of that time from losing his hotel to a bunch of crooks. He would've lost his reputation, his relationship with his family (wife and children if he had any) would've become strained, trust would be lost from the townspeople etc. etc.

2) The Pokemon that the Mantle took from all the trainers over the years would amounted to the 100s if not 1000s. This would take a long time to track down all those people to return their Pokemon to, they could be living all over the world in Kanto, Sinnoh etc or be deceased. Even if they did manage to track them all down, the relationship and trust that the Pokemon had in their trainers would've been tarnished and difficult to repair.

3) Yolton entered into a verbal agreement with Mantle to hand over his hotel if he lost, so calling Officer Jenny wouldn't have been much help. Sure, he was practically forced into the battle, but Yolton may have been too proud or weak-willed to risk getting the authorities involved. The crooks could've come after him (or his family) and hurt him/them.

If these events had taken place over the course of a few days/weeks, then the time-travel wouldn't have been necessary, but this is 10 years we are talking about. It's a long time.

Janovy

Banned
Well, I decided to watch this ep since it got subbed and all and it...wasn't as awful as I expected it to be.

I guess low expectations do help a little.