• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rough Return to OU

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Hey there, I'm zero, and it's been a while since I last posted an RMT here. Anyways, I decided to post this because I've recently been submerged in the Underused tier, then when I decided to return to the OU metagame, most of my teams were outdated with all the changes that B2W2 brought and I found myself unable to adapt.

Here's the team that I'm currently using.

485.png
598s-1.png
593.png
445.png
647_keldeo_resolution_front_norm.png
635.png

It started off with some random things, with a basic FWG core with Heatran, Breloom and Vaporeon, with Garchomp, Keldeo and Alakazam on the side. Some how ended up morphing into this somewhat Stall orientated team. I don't really mind, but I just want to see if there can be some improvements to made (and I have a feeling there will be plenty)

Anyways, on with the in-depth review or whatever.

heatran_fire.png

Heatran[FlamMan] @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
252 HP/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Sp.Def
Calm Nature

Moves
Lava Plume
Stealth Rock
Toxic
Protect​

Specially defensive Heatran is one bulky son of a gun. I originally put Heatran on this team for Genesect, which we all know is a huge pain in the behind, but also to help me against Sun teams, which my teams are always very weak to. Anyways, the moves are very standard. Lava Plume complements the bulky.....thing, by occasionally burning physical threats. Stealth Rock is always an essential support move for any team, and this Heatran is the one in charge of setting them up. And then, I have the ever useful (and annoying) Toxic+Protect combination. I have thought about replacing Toxic with Roar, but Toxic stalling with Heatran is pretty useful at times.

nattofs.jpg

Ferrothorn [Saturn] @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
252 HP/ 88 Def/ 168 Sp.Def
Relaxed Nature

Moves
Spikes
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Gyro Ball Protect

Ferrothorn has always been a staple in teams, whether they are stall or not. I don't quite remember why I added him in the first place, but he was a great addition to the team. While Heatran focuses on setting up Rocks, Ferrothorn main focus is to set up Spikes, while sapping away at the opponents HP with Leech Seed. Add the possibility of a Toxic or burn and their Hp will drain fast. I have contemplated running Protect over Gyro Ball, since Gyro Ball is there to smack Dragons around, but since they all carry some sort of Fire/Fighting attack, it seems pretty useless. And Protect can go well with the whole Stall thing going on...

Protect is now a thing

u_jellicent__by_vpereira1993-d4fd0kh-1.jpg

Jellicent [Mr. Stall] @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
248 HP/ 216 Def/ 44 Spd
Bold Nature

Moves
Surf
Will-o-Wisp
Recover
Taunt​

Jellicent is a recent addition to the team, and a much need one at. I have a huge Fighting weakness in the early stages of this team, but Jelliencent patched it up rather well, as well as promoting synergy between Ferrothorn and Heatran. The reason why I chose Surf/Will-o-Wisp over Scald is because I rather rely on 75% accuracy than 30% chance to burn. And then I have Recover, which is a great move for any wall, as it allows Jellicent to pretty much stall its opponents for days. And finally I have Taunt, to prevent slower things from setting up hazards and inflicting a nasty status on Jellicent.

Garchomp.jpg

Garchomp [Jaws] @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dual Chop​

This is where the team takes a much more offensive turn. When I heard that Chomp moved down to OU, I immediately smacked him into this team. I decided to run a Scarf set so that I could prevent things like +1 Dnite, +1 MoxieMence, and Banded Terrakion from sweeping my team. Outrage and Earthquake are obvious choices, while Fire Blast takes care of Skarmory and Bronzong. Dual Chop is there for whenever I don;t want to lock myself into Outrage, but most importantly in case Dragonite still has its Multiscale intact for some reason, and for the occasional Sash Alakazam.

keldeo_resolution_form_by_xous54-d53uux8-1.jpg

Keldeo [Aqua Dash] @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Timid Nature

Moves
Calm Mind
Hydro Pump
Secret Sword
Hidden Power Electric

This guy hits pretty hard. And he makes a pretty decent sweeper once you get rid of your opponent's Dragons. Hydro Pump is the main form of STAB because of its insane Base Power, while Secret Sword nails special walls a lot harder. Hidden Power Electric covers Gyarados and Jellicent, which resist both of Keldeo's STABs. Gets walled hard by Venusaur, and pretty much every Dragon in OU (except for two) but I think the rest of the team helps him out with that.

hydreigon.png

Hydreigon [lolwut?] @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp.Def
Careful Nature

Moves
Taunt
Roost
Dragon Tail
Thunder Wave/Substitute?​

Last minute addition to the team. This set is something that I kind of just came up with, so I didn't know how to spread the EVs to make Hydreigon as bulky as possible. This set came into being when I noticed how stall orientated my team was, and how a phazer would be a great addition.

Anyways, this is pretty much a cheap rip-off of Dragonite's, Para-shuffling set, but with Taunt instead of Substitute. I guess what really works is the surprise factor behind it, since Hydreigon is often seen as an offensive threat. Taunt prevents Hydreigon from getting crippled by a status, or can prevent the opponent from setting up hazards. Thunder Wave cripples everything that hasn't already been burned or poisoned. Roost keeps Hydreigon healthy and ready for more trolling, while Dragon Tail phazes everything that's not behind a Sub. Actually, now that I think about it, I guess I can replace Thunder wave with Substitute, since I'm already running so much status on my team....

And there you have it guys, my random excuse of a team. Please be gentle with your rates :3

Last edited:

Vatti

The One and Only
you said that your pony will sweep good once the opponent's dragons are out of the way, but how are you planning on doing that? It seems that a physical salamence that manages to pull off a Dragon Dance would terrorize you.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Well this team isn't set up for Keldeo to sweep. And I do have a Scarf Chomp so, +1 Mence doesn't scare me too much. Now if he got +2, that would be GG

Soperman

The One and Only
Your team looks great, except... Why not use Parashuffle Dnite? It's more or less the same, but bulkier, both stat-wise and with Multiscale. You also gave it 4 Sp. Atk EVs for no reason :p
Anyway, yeah, Dnite looks like it could be good. You probably do want Thunder Wave to Cripple the like of Gengar and Latios, and also Genesect I guess.
Oh, and I would also suggest Protect on Ferrothorn over Gyro Ball, since it allows you to stall forever with Leach Seed and Leftovers. If only it could learn Horn Leach xD

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Your team looks great, except... Why not use Parashuffle Dnite? It's more or less the same, but bulkier, both stat-wise and with Multiscale.

Truth be told, I don't know why. I guess its because I was looking for an excuse to use Hydreigon as a bulky support Pokemon. But you're right, Dnite is better in that regard.

Oh, and I would also suggest Protect on Ferrothorn over Gyro Ball, since it allows you to stall forever with Leach Seed and Leftovers. If only it could learn Horn Leach xD

Protect it is then :) And Horn Leech would make it the king of stall, in a sense XD

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
Ermahgerd Zero! It's been so long :eek:
Nice work on a very left of center team, I have no criticisms at this stage :3

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Uhh, bump I guess. Also, I'm currently testing Dragonite in Hydreigon's place.