• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rough, Tough Jigglypuff (415)

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I think Brock and Mudkip are on a luck streak. In kingdom of the Onix, Mudkip was out the entire episode and Brock got his own cage. In this episode brock had a decent role and Mudkip was in it for a while and it was with Foretress. I found Sing to be all right with a CG effect but, looking at the next episode they have gone overboard and Flamethrower didnt look all that good to begin with.

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
I do have to say that I was impressed by this episode, in a filler sense that is. I do have to start by saying that had this Jigglypuff been THE Jigglypuff, it would have made a huge difference. Especially had they thrown in a little resentment of fatuation with Loudred because it doesn't fall asleep, this episode would have been money, even if the Loudred isn't THE Loudred from Hoenn (but he is still one of my all time favorite Pokemon). Otherwise it was good. I also have to give major props to the writers for the whole sound bouncing off the walls idea, it was something more intriguing then the redundant "You Tackle, I Tackle" formula I felt was slowly monopolizing these episodes. Also, I'm glad that the writers are giving Pokemon moves outside of what you would normally expect them to have. It's almost as if they're makig up for wasting potential on the likes of Grovyle. Even if the CG Flamethrower wasn't great, it was pleasing to see that paired with Rollout instead of an expected Pound/Tackle combo or whatever. Had Mudkip been given a few extra scenes of screentime (maybe even fire off just ONE attack at Jigglypuff, even if that attack get's deflected by Rollout of whatever, it would still be satisfactory beyond years), I would have fainted with delight. The ending did what it could to keep a happy feeling, but I wouldn't have minded if the Jigglypuff never returned and the girl confessed to her father that she doesn't care what Pokemon she got as long as it was from him. It would have had the same touchy feely effect and not have felt to overboard (not that this one did, but that Jigglypuff did just come out of NOWHERE). All in all, an entertaining filler that is slowly funneling into what could become the best series yet (outside of the original Kanto episodes that is).

V Faction

www.faction.com
Heracross said:
-No mention of the old Purin whatsoever = wtf.

From Murg at Bulbagarden:
Murgatroyd said:
One of the first things Meowth said when Team Rocket saw this Purin in action: "This one doesn't draw on people's faces after putting them to sleep. I've been looking for one like that." (rough translation)

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well then I stand corrected. That does give me some hope that the writers can remember things from the past, though it would still be nice to actually see the old Purin occasionally.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
That episode was boring...but the next episode looks good.

I wish the old Jigglypuff would of appeared, I'm surprised we haven't seen it since Ash is back in Kanto. I was amazed to see it use Flamethrower or w/e it was it used and Rollout.
But this episode was just a boring filler. The next episode looks awesome though.

-Scott;229;

Z

zero-hunter x7

Fairly good ep IMO, the father was a great character, the scene where jigglypuff snubbed the food brock made was priceless. The wobbuffet scene was funny as well. Not horrible but it isn't the best.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Umm..Why did May use her Pokedex on Loudred? Havnt they already seen the guy already like 3 times?

Geodude

Haunter Hunter Sohrab said:
Umm..Why did May use her Pokedex on Loudred? Havnt they already seen the guy already like 3 times?
It's a new Pokedex, maybe it has new info on it.

-I like how Pikachu was the one chosen to battle Jigglypuff on its own, we don't get to see enough of that IMO. Pikachu was one of the best ones to last long enough in the room with it until it decided to use Sing... I dunno, I just like the idea of it battling without Ash behind it.

Last edited:
L

Lovely May

I like this episode. It shows how different pokemon are. Old Jiggly was cute and very friendly, good for hugs :p and this Jigglypuff was .... evil XD Very strong, agressive and not so cute. I like old Jiggly better (oh, what did happen with it?).
Hmm....

Alfonso

Derpgull
Geodude said:
It's a new Pokedex, maybe it has new info on it.

-I like how Pikachu was the one chosen to battle Jigglypuff on its own, we don't get to see enough of that IMO. Pikachu was one of the best ones to last long enough in the room with it until it decided to use Sing... I dunno, I just like the idea of it battling without Ash behind it.

Yeah that's exactly what we need. More Pikachu battling time. ^_^

Pikachu battling is still Pikachu battling, regardless of who's giving the orders. He's still boring and repetitive, and should be BANNED from future battles.

Fizban

Propaniacs
It sounded like Shihomi Mizowaki was providing the voice for this Jigglypuff. Awesome.

The cg Flamethrower was okay, but it was a bit silly doing that for Sing. I'm a bit relieved they haven't gotten to the point where they have cg Chibi-Giovanni fantasies.

Heracross

Custom User Title
But we already saw the other attacks bounce off the walls and we could hear sing echoing. Were the sing effects really necessary? >_> If they thought children still wouldn't get it, a little spoken explanation would have sufficed.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-A filler character I actually cared about? GASP! Really, it was sweet the way that guy quit/took a long vacaction from his job just to catch 'puff for his kid.
-Brock DID something? And Max did too? DOUBLE GASP! We haven't seen Brock's "depressed" act for a while now, a Max had a good idea(although the father suddenly changing his mind for some reason didn't make much sense...then agian, I didn't understand much of what he was saying)
-Is it just me, or does the father look a LOT like a thinner version of Birch?
-We see another trait used. Yay...
-The father showed TR pictures of his family, huh? Hmm, I thought he was showing them pictures of his daughter at first(I blame that on Hughes from FMA :p), and then I thought he gave them his business cards...guess I was closer the first time.
-It's almost cute the way businessperson-father-Birch-Hughes-man-who-can't-catch-a-Jigglypuff apologizes(and thanks people) so much...kind of like Pagaya from One Piece(wow, that father reminds me of a lot of other anime characters...maybe that's why he grabbed my interest.)
-I find it veeeeeery interesting that Jigglypuff managed to spew out Treble Clef signs along with all those eight notes when singing...why doesn't it spit out half rests, repeat signs, and bar lines, too?...As if anyone else cares about that... >_> (/nitpickyness) Actually, I didn't like the notes, period. They failed at any "show them bouncing off the metal floor/walls" purpose they had(unless I was the only one who DIDN'T see that happening at *all*...), and they look tacky.
-Where'd they get those metal plates, how'd they get them set up so fast, and how'd they remove them so fast?
-Wobbuffet popping up with sleeping gear=awesome.
-If future filelr turns out like this(sans annoying CGI music notes), I will be happy.

K

Kazaana

I finally got a chance to watch the episode today.

I thought that it was going to be another stupid filler, but it wasn't so. I found this one to actually be interesting. Having Sing bounce off the walls to put Jiggly to sleep was a pretty good idea, IMO.

The part where TR start their motto and then the guy hands them his business card was great. XD Then they get blasted off and are still saying the motto while doing it. XD It was also good that they didn't get a chance to try to steal Pikachu/Jiggly this episode. Any episode where Pika doesn't use Thunderbolt on TR is good in my book.

And I completely agree with you, Alfonso. Pikachu is getting quite boring and repetitive now. I'm getting sick of seeing it battle 50% of the time, while his other pokemon share the remaining 50%. =/

Last edited by a moderator:

Geodude

Juputoru said:
-The father showed TR pictures of his family, huh? Hmm, I thought he was showing them pictures of his daughter at first(I blame that on Hughes from FMA :p), and then I thought he gave them his business cards...guess I was closer the first time.
Nope, he gave them the same thing he first gave Ash & co, his business card.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Geodude said:
Nope, he gave them the same thing he first gave Ash & co, his business card.
Oh...curse you, Scamfly! Your mentioning of the father calming TR down by "showing them pictures of his family" made me second-guess my idea of what he was showing TR! :p

Am I the only one who's wondering if THE Jigglypuff is following Ash & co. around anymore? I mean, it's been AGES since we've seen it...and the "it's not following them" anymore explainaiton sounds better than "the writers forgot about it". Heck, as far as I know, it was never explained WHY that Jigglypuff was following them around. So it wants someone to hear its song without falling asleep. Does it HAVE to follow Ash-tachi around to accomplish that?

E

Ethereal

I saw this ep on Saturday. Meh. Not too interesting, really. Had its really funny moments, though. Alls I wanna know is why they feel so many attacks need to be CGI now? -_-