• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Route(s) - Speculation/Discussion Thread

Nave

In Scarlet & Violet, there are three separate routes, all with their own ending--you do all three to get the "true" ending.

This adds huge replay value to these games. I'm already thinking about what order to do them in, and whether I should go straight for the true ending, or restart the campaign to get all of them. This might be the first Pokémon game where I actually restart the campaign and do multiple play throughs. The open world adds so many possibilities.

The first route is focused on the school; the second is based on beating all of the gyms; the third is more mysterious, but it can be assumed that it's a "road less travelled" centered around acquiring the rideable legendaries, terastallizing, or something else.

What route are you going to do first? And what order will you play them in? Will you go for the true ending right away, or restart to get all of them?

falconlord

From the looks of it, you can (and should) do all three routes in one save file. So resetting to do each route should be unnecessary.

Nave

From the looks of it, you can (and should) do all three routes in one save file. So resetting to do each route should be unnecessary.
Naturally, I think most people will do all 3 sporadically, but you might play until the end and not get the true ending. A lot of games are like that.
Some completionists might go for the true ending the first play through, but want to see what the other endings are like in subsequent campaigns.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Not going to do the "school" route first............ Playing Pokemon for battling and gyms and exploring, not for doing hw

Ultra Beast Lover

I think it's more that each route has an ending that you can do in one save file then once you see all three endings you either get one final ending or a final arc which leads to the final ending. The endings won't change depending on which one you do first, you'll just get four endings, one for each arc.

Think of it like Sonic Adventures. You have to play through: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Big, Amy, and Gamma's individual stories, get their individual endings which means sitting through each of the end credits, then the final or true ending is unlocked. There's no good, bad, or neutral ending if that's what you're trying to say.

Nave

I think I'm going to do the school route first, because I like the idea of doing school before embarking on becoming the best trainer, and doing all of the gyms. I'm of two minds with the other route, because while it might be nice to acquire Koraidon/Miraidon early on to move around easier, it feels more natural to get your legendaries later in the game. Plus, I'm not really interested in terastal. I appreciate that its basically an evolution of Hidden Power, but I don't like that Pokémon can get move types that they shouldn't have.

Going for the true ending, but it might be hard to fulfill all of the quotas in each route to get it. Especially if you're moving between them sporadically in the open world. I'd like for the true ending to be a challenge to get.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Since we can freely switch between the story progression for each route, I'll probably just do whatever I encounter.