• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[RP] Broken Sun - Season of Evil [PG-13]

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kyra Sol the Pikachu
Liberty's Crusade, Initiate
En route to Talacola

"Axum, come back here!" Kyra yelled fultiley at the suicidal Whimsicott. She had moved herself down to all fours to get a better running speed; her cloak almost tripped her up once or twic, but she managed to keep going without falling flat on her face.

"Axum!" She called before quickly looking back, only to find that she was starting to get out of her main group's sight. She stopped abruptly and stood on her back legs in a moment of confusion.
I really shouldn't leave the group, but if this Whimsicott gets himself killed, she swallowed and could feel the sweat building on her brow, if Pikachu's have one. That blood will be on my hands. She looked back once again and could hardly see the group. Max, Alec, none of them. She closed her eyes and gritted her teeth and perked her ears to listen for Axum.

Come on, Axum.... She suddenly heard a shrill cry in the distance that chilled her veins. Her hair's stood up on the back of her neck. She only hoped it wasn't the fluffy grass pokemon she had met moments earlier.
Without another thought, she began to dash with a Quick Attack towards where she heard the noise. Luckily, or unfortunately, the cries continued and Kyra ran down to origin point as fast as she could on all four of her paws.

Just over the hill were where the cries were starting to congregate and Kyra only hoped she wasn't too late. The grass began to feel scorched beneath her feet and the smell of a sick charcoal burned her nostrils. A sickening feeling came over her as she came to the crest of the hill.

Her stomach felt like an elevator that had crashed into the ground.
Axum was there yes, but there were also these....Sneasels...at least that's what they used to be. Their claws connected with bones in their hands that were exposed for all to see. One Sneasel had half of a bottom jaw while the other half of it was fixated in a nightmarish grin. One eye was almost dried out and half fallen out of it's socket itself. Kyra nearly vomited on the spot.
There was another Sneasel that had it's vertebrae exposed on its back. Blood coursed through both of its eyes like tears of sick pleasure while its teeth were like jagged razors.
The last Sneasel must've been the leader, if they had one, for it had a flurry of fecal and blood covered feathers all around its neck and ears, which were nearly bitten off. It's claws were a testament to how much this thing had butchered. And all of these fearsome abominations surrounded Axum.

Kyra's instincts told her to run, to save herself, to get the frick out of there! No matter what they told her to do, though, her legs stayed glued to the hill and her eyes fixated on the bloodlust in their own. Kyra had never been so terrified in her entire life. Not since her father had been killed by that demonic Bisharp-

"HeHeHeHe!" One of the creatures jumped up and down like an excited Aipom before flexing the jagged claws that extended off each hand.
Axum just stepped back and looked around him. Terror was evident in his face but he hunkered down.
"I-I'm not scared of the likes of you! Y-y-you shall fall b-by the m-mighty J-jade Alliance!" He said before he created a Shadow Ball in front of himself and fired it quickly, knocking one of the monsters back.

"Ha! Take that!" The Axum was so proud of his small victory that he almost didn't notice another one behind him. It lunged forward with its right claw extended and Axum just barely dodged down to his right, the claws shearing part of his fluffy cotton. That was close!
Kyra leaned forward, her ear's straight up, her mouth dry as a bone. She knew that Whimsicotts were among the fastest of pokemon and that they were just a hair's width ahead of a Sneasels, but she hoped that he would use it to run away. She had to help him-

"Now what? Huh?" Axum belted with enthusiasm and boldness. "You can't take me!"
Why wasn't he running!?!

"If this is all the Abyss has to offer then-
His speech was cut off another shear of cotton falling off of his body before being pinned to the ground.
No! Oh, no! She cringed.

"ThIs iS fAR fRom WhaT We HaVe fOR OuR ArMIes..." The lead Sneasel sneered before proceeding to claw away all of the cotton on Axum's body with his claws. The other two Sneasels took no time in joining in and began to tear off the cotton until they came to his body. Suddenly horrible screams of terror and agony began to belt out of the once brave pokemon. Kyra could only gasp as tears slid from her eyes.

"No, no please!! AAAACCCKKKKIIIIII" A high pitched scream emitted from the pokemon before a horrible silence stole into the night. The pokemon stood up, their claws covered in Axum's blood and their faces....

Kyra held her mouth to keep from vomiting again when one of the Sneasels turned around and looked up. A sick cry of almost joy came from it as he spotted her. Their next prey.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Alec "Rush" Garadian the Floatzel
Liberty's Crusade, Knight
En Route to Talacola

The Roserade seemed she could handle herself just fine, so Alec left her to go check on some of the others. It was good to see all of the Alliance's troops were either getting back on their own or were being helped by a Crusader.

Just then, he could hear the Initiate shouting. "Wait, come back!" She started off running on two legs but then got down on all fours. "You'll never make it by yourself!"

Fool... Alec thought to himself. The only Pokemon here that could possibly be dumber than her is whoever she's chasing. He was temped to ignore it and continue, but when he realized that no one but him noticed, Alec began to have second thoughts. I'm probably going to regret this, but I need to follow that Initiate... Alec ran at full speed in the direction the Initiate went to catch up with her.

After running for a short time, Alec could hear a yell some distance ahead. The scream immediately brought back chilling memories of the battle at Bravo Station a week ago, but Alec figured he had gone too far to stop now. He quickly climbed up a tree and began hopping from tree to tree in the direction of the noise.

"Ha! Take that!" Alec could hear a faint shout from a distance. "Now what? Huh? You can't take me!" Alec could easily tell it wasn't the Pikachu. It must've been whoever she was chasing in the first place. Alec reached the crest of the hill and looked below from the tree to see the Initiate, looking as a Whimsicott dodged several hideous looking Sneasels.

"If this is all the Abyss has to offer then-" The Whimsicott was interrupted when a Sneasel pinned him to the ground.

"ThIs iS fAR fRom WhaT We HaVe fOR OuR ArMIes..." The Sneasel who was presumablely the leader said. They began to mutilate the Whimsicott before the Initiate's very eyes, but that wasn't what Alec was focused on. He turned on the scope on his visor and held up his right arm while holding it with his left. Alec put all his focus into aiming. The screams of terror from the Whimsicott were barely audible to Alec.

Steady...Steady... He took his aim at the leader, standing triumphantly over the Whimsicott as he gutted it.

Steady... One of the other Sneasels turned and saw the Initiate.

Say your prayers, you son of a b!tch.

*BOOM*

A blue laser shot from the plasma cannon mounted on his arm, hitting the leader right on mark. The laser his him right in the head and burning it away, leaving nothing but the neck his head rested on, with nothing but a bright red burn mark with smoke coming from it in it's head's place.

This immediately drew the group's attention from the mutilated corpse of the Whimsicott and turned in his direction.

"Intiate combat mode." Alec said to the built on system in his armor. His visor was filled with diffrent messages telling him one thing was activated or this doo-dad was at 75%. Really, Alec didn't know what half that stuff even meant. But, one thing he DID know is that when he entered combat mode the blades on his fins extended and began to pump super heated plasma into the wires on them.

"GeT tHeM!" One of the two remaining Sneasels shouted. One of them immediately lunged towards the Pikachu. Alec in retaliation jumped from the tree with his right arm in front of him, and sliced at the Sneasel as he ran, cutting off one of his arms. The other Sneasel tried to attack Alec from behind, but Alec did a quick spinning motion with his arms, his right arm cutting the other arm of the first Sneasel, and his left arm cutting the Sneasel behind him in half.

The first Sneasel let out a shrill yell of anger and spite. Alec shook his head. "I'd tell you to go to hell, but that feels somewhat redundant." With a swift motion, Alec cut the Sneasel straight down the middle, both sides keeping it's half of the Sneasel's angry expression.

Alec turned back to the Pikachu. "What the hell were you thinking Initiate? You could've gotten- no, you WOULD'VE gotten yourself killed if I hadn't come! You should have at least not come alone! Besides, just because someone like him" Alec pointed towards the mangled body of the soldier he never even gotten the name of. "decides to throw his life away by doing something stupid, doesn't mean you need to do the same thing."

Alec looked around to see if there were any of Abyss soldiers around. "Initiate civilian mode." The blades on his arms stopped glowing and retracted back to their normal size and all the messages on his visor went away to back how it was before he entered battle mode. Alec could notice that his suit was covered in thick putrid dark red blood. Although it wasn't very appealing, at least his visor cleaned itself when it got dirty so none of it impaired his vision, so he could live with it until after the battle, but he wasn't looking forward to cleaning the suit...

Last edited:

OkikuMew

Kassy Joy the Meganium
Joy Vitality Committee, President and Founder
Operation Room #5, Liberty Station, Karan, Kokoro

So far, the operation on Mark was advancing well, despite the terrifing noise coming from outside. We all knew and well the battle has begun, but we had to keep our cool until the very end, as the fight could be very well won against the Scorned, and any new information conserning them and their corruptment properties could help us even more treating those affected by them, or even, I dared dream, convert a fully corrupted and converted Abyss dweller into a normal, healthy Kokoro citizen. But my bubble of dream popped as soon as I heard screaming among my surgeons.

I look over the operations table, and quite the horrible scene was occuring: some kind black and red devilish serpent had burst out of the Houndour's chest, screeching in a way that brought the horrors of the Scorned back into my mind. A few of the doctors and nurses started to panic, unsure what to do. The Abyss parasite then turned his attention at one of the assistants, an absent-minded but promising Aipom.

"Look out Jess!" I yelled at her.

But before she was able to act, the monsterosity launched at her face, devouring it in the post way possible, with her blood spewing in all directions and her muscles and skull gradually reveiling.

"Get rid of that thing, NOW!" Liana the Tangrowth ordered, desperately trying to keep control of the situation.

In a panic (and perhaps in a stroke of genius), I grabbed the closest thing within my grasp: a stone filled with cyan energy, typically used as a healing aid after a long surgery. I slammed it right into the beast's neck, right under its head. In an unexpected turn of events, the Abyss parasite screeched in pain, burning and withering away, absorbed by the rock... and taking bits and parts of both the Aipom and the Houndour with him, sucessfully killing all three.

As the assistant laid on the ground lifeless and the patient no longer having a heartbeat, the room turned into complete, mourning silence, for the exception of the long, eternal beep of the electrocardiogram. Most of us tried to keep a straight face, but some, including myself, couldn't help sheding tears.

"...Let's wrap this up everyone," I broke the silence, holding myself not to turn into a sobbing wreck, "please clean everything up then make a report of everything that occured as fast as possible, we'll likely need the room as the current battle rages on. ...And make sure Mark and Jessie's bodies are taken care of carefully, and let their families know."

I quickly turn away from my comerades, threw away my gloves, and walked out of the operation room, tears rolling down my cheeks and long neck.

As soon as I walked out, Claudia the Swablu skipped by my side.

"Kassy, the fight so far is going well! In fact, I think we have won! There weren't that many casualties, especially on the side of the JVC. Most of us were able to handle the small injuries, but the bigger ones were mostly... impossible to do any procedures on them. ...Kassy?" she finally noticed my unattention towards her. "Kassy, are you ok? ...Did something happened?"

"The surgery was a complete failure, even beyond the typical operation," I answered while looking at the floor, trying to hide my face as much as possible. "...but it's not of your consern for now."

The bird's expression switched into a conserned one, but shook it off. "...If I'm not mistaken, although not quite organised yet, Ian would like to have a meeting with everyone. Perhaps you should participate?"

"Indeed," I nodded, "I'll go ahead and get the big meeting room ready. Not only I'll have some of our most experienced peo... Pokémon on different fields of knowledge to help build a strategy we can all agree on, but I'll have some of us heal every little wound they have before the meeting actually starts, and throw in some food to eat while I'm at it. We all need to be well to think well."

"I agree! I'll go ahead and get you some fruit from the storage for that."

"Thanks."

I quickly rounded up my vice-presidents, some of the directors and a few nurses to gather to the meeting room.

((OoC: I hope it's ok for the cyan energy to have that newly found property... I'll make sure it's not used often and not super powerful: Cyan energy in a transportable form could be hard to get by, and cyan energy could only affect pure Abyss demons/souls/monsters/whatever (Abyss Pokémon are not directly affected), and if it is affected while possessing/infecting a non-Abyss Pokémon, it kills the Pokémon with it.))

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kyra Sol the Pikachu
Liberty's Crusade, Initiate
En route to Talacola

Kyra prepared herself for combat. Her nerves may've been an issue, but she would do what she had to to defend herself.

The Sneasel chirped and looked up to her. Kyra's tail began to glow, prepping herself for an Iron Tail, she was about to face her first enemy-

A sudden sonic boom of a blast whizzed by her head and blew the leader's head straight off it's shoulders. The other two grunts weren't far behind in their demise...well second demise.

Kyra was shocked to say the least. She turned around and saw Alec in his power suit. How did he get there so fast?

For a brief moment the scene that had flashed by her kept her in a state of shock. She wasn't sure whether it was the sudden fear of seeing her first potential opponent from the Abyss or the fact that Alec had come out of nowhere to finish them off.

"What the hell were you thinking Initiate? You could've gotten- no, you WOULD'VE gotten yourself killed if I hadn't come! You should have at least not come alone! Besides, just because someone like him"
Kyra quickly came back to reality. Why the heck was he yelling at her?!
Alec pointed towards the mangled body of the soldier he never even gotten the name of. "decides to throw his life away by doing something stupid, doesn't mean you need to do the same thing."

That's it! Kyra had to fight herself to keep her fur from raising on end and her teeth in a clenched state. Her tail and ears twitched angrily. She knew she should be embarrassed and she was! Her cheeks burned redder than usual and she thought she was about to explode.

She was pissed. Pissed at the fact that she could've handled it herself, pissed at the fact that he just automatically assumed that she needed help, pissed that just because she didn't have the opportunity to prove herself, he considered her a fool!

She knew she needed to respect her elders and her leaders and the fact that she was usual timid and shy and tried to always have something positive to say, only to be yelled at by her 'esteemed' leader, was more than enough to make her blow a gasket. She never dared to open her mouth in order to voice her opinion to others like this because she knew she would just get berated for it, but this time was different. Almost like that Prinplup, but that was because he was denying her the right to what she already was given.

"No." She growled. "I will not be yelled at for trying to save someone's life. I am tired of other pokemon yelling at me for putting my life on the line when you guys do this everyday!" Sparks flew from her cheeks as she addressed Alec. "I came here because I realized I had fears, and I needed to face them head on, heck, maybe help someone with their own fears, but you won't even let me do that..." She bit her lip in frustration. "I know I'm young, I know I'm just an intiate," she emphasized that last word as if a forbidden word that shouldn't be spoken, "and I know it wasn't the smartest thing to go after him, but I did it because I thought I could make a difference and now I know I can't." She threw an arm towards the hill that was smoking with the charred remains of Axum and the Sneasels. "Now his blood is on my hands." Her eyes teared up. She was just so frustrated, she couldn't take it! If this is how she was going to be treated when they get to Talacola then why was she even here?

She flicked her ears and tail once more before her scowl turned into a mournful and crestfallen gaze. She quickly pulled her hood over her head again so she could break the gaze from Alec. She turned around and began to walk away.
"And now I just want to be left alone." She meant to spit it so he wouldn't figure out she was crying, but came more as an exasperated breath.

She just continued to walk away. She didn't care if he didn't give a Noctowl's hoot about what she had said, but she did know that that was probably the most embarrassing and humiliating moment of her life. She pulled at the edges of her cloak's hood to make sure he didn't see her face as tears streamed down freely. This was not what she had planned.

(OOC: next time I'll be sure to put whether my previous post needs to be added to before someone else adds to it in a post.)