• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rp concept makers meet interested RPers! Come here!

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
The previous poll version may be deleted.

This can be moved when it's in the wrong section or deleted when it's really considered more spam than helpful, but I'd like to give this idea a try:

A topic where people can come and vote on a list of the most interesting RP ideas in the topic itself

(preferably group all the votes you want to give and don't overvote)

which will get replenished from time to time when the top voted ones get turned into RPs (that is, 5 or more votes for example).

It's required that voters also actually join this RP if they voted for it. It's an experiment.

You can view all concepts and fandom and their votes in this first post. I will put any concepts or 'who would want to join a RP in this fandom?' here and you can view them to choose which you would like to join and thus vote for here.

Here are some of my own concepts to get the idea going.

Concepts:

- Code Lyoko: Opposing Forces

It's quite probable that fans as well as non-fans of Code Lyoko have wondered why the Garage kids never expanded their numbers to more efficiently combat Xana, the mastermind virus trying to destroy the world? And it would be interesting to expand the varieties of monsters, threats and their numbers.

So I came to the idea of an alternate universe where figures similar to Aelita and a mission control like Jeremy would probably still be necessary for a Xana fighting team, but we could make our own storylines, enemies and characters. It would still be heavily inspired by the show, naturally.

All the joining members, except the bare starters (3 people or something) would be introduced through a threat they unexpectedly help combat and the group decides to let the individual in on their secret and virtualizes the person in Lyoko.

This isn't to say that perhaps Xana does some recruiting of his own.

Votes: /

- Rapture: House of Broken Mirrors RP

The fanfic of the same name, written by me, seemed very interesting to be a RP as well.

It takes place in the Bioshock universe, but doesn't require any knowledge of the games, although it helps.

It begins in Rapture, an underwater utopia that gets ravaged by the civil war between Ryan, the despotist creator of Rapture and Atlas, the freedom fighter for the poor who nonetheless uses genetically upgraded citizens to conquer the city. Some citizens decide to 'splice' or genetically upgrade themselves responsibly and slowly with active, usually offensive upgrades called plasmids and usually passively working upgrades called gene tonics. They arm themselves and try to survive and eventually escape the doomed city on the bottom of the ocean. But will anyone succeed? And what horrors has this utopia without law created?

- The game88's Drake's legacy: finding the Mirage

Hmm I'll bite. I have a sign up right now for a Pokemon based RP concept I thought of. The plot is about Drake 20 years before he became a member of the elite four. He is a pirate for several years but decided to hang it up when his ship is destroyed by a large water Pokemon in the Hoenn sea. He retires to his sister and nephews home for a few years until rumors start popping up about a place called Mirage Island and the many incredible gifts it holds. Drake thinks these rumors are bogus until his nephew returns with picture evidence after a day of fishing. Drake and Juan decide to find a crew and set out on one last pirate adventure to try and find the island and its treasure. Team aqua also wants the treasure however, and a government group of elite trainers known as the Seel Team 6 are on a mission to eliminate the growing Hoenn pirate population.

Players may choose to be a part of Drakes Crew, Seel team 6, or team aqua. More details can be found on the SU page: Drakes Legacy, Finding the Mirage.

Votes: go to his topic in the sign-up subforum to check it out:D and perhaps join it, it looks good.

- Pokémen: season 2 the RP Note: has been put in the sign-up subforum! Go there!

Soon the first season will be finished and a second will begin after a time skip. Back on its first run, a RP accompanied along with a Beta team and so I wouldn't want to mess that up rebooting the RP for season 1. Nevertheless I'd like to start a RP for the second season with a new team of RPers.

In short, a cruel new leader has taken control of powerful Legendary Pokémen, a hybrid of Legendary Pokémon DNA and humans after a lab accident. Prof. Ball, the inventor of the eponymous device as well as the Pokémon gene replicating machine, feels responsible for the evils the new leader now sends out over the world and is trying to find a cure. Meanwhile several of his teams hide underground or in desolate areas, running errants in an effort to turn the tide in the war against the 'Retroments', especially dangerous creations of the leader that are humanized Pokémon.

But then their secret is revealed and they are hunted down while the Legendary Pokémen on the evil side wreck havoc. The Pokémen are given the forms of the strongest known species of Pokémon, save for the Legendaries. Now they must work as a team or in pairs to stop the evil leader, Nicolas Draken, once and for all.

Votes: Aura of Twilight (1)

- Pokémon Castaways Note: has been put in the sign-up subforum! Go there!

When the passenger of a cruise liner strands on an island, he/she is under the impression that he/she is the last survivor. They encounter Pokémon and Apricots and strange marks undoubtedly left by humans. But is his/her survival real? Is it all an illusion? Somehow the multiple survivors, as it turns out, don't seem to run into each other, but what power is responsible for letting them not see or hear one another? How can you survive together, but alone? Will they find ways to communicate and work together the escape this island? What sinister figures are pulling the strings?

This kinda reminded me of Lost when I wrote it down, but I don't want to do anything like that. It's more about possible illusions, emotional growth, a mental journey and overcoming adversity. Especially the last one. No convoluted mysteries and evil conspiracies, if that's what some were thinking.

Votes: Ellen Celadon (1)

- People's Revolution

Triggering evolutions that were never supposed to happen. Stronger forms of Pokémon. Finding out how Legendary Pokémon are involved. Cybernetic enhancements. And then people get experimented upon to evolve humanity itself, to morph them into powerful and dangerously intelligent beings. What will come of this? What will you eventually become?

Fandoms

?

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I like the Pokemen: season 2 idea personally. It's an intresting concept to say the least. Just to clarify though, are the rpers themselves these "Pokemen"?

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I like the Pokemen: season 2 idea personally. It's an intresting concept to say the least. Just to clarify though, are the rpers themselves these "Pokemen"?

Yes, they are, although exceptions can be made for researchers, bad guy Retroments who also have a Pokéman form but their default and original form was a Pokémon instead of a human turned hybrid, or any interesting ideas. I'll put your vote down for Pokémen season 2 if that's okay. Anything else you'd like to join or perhaps post a RP concept about?

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I apologize if double posting in my own topic isn't allowed in this subforum, but if it's alright,

I'd like to bump this topic along with the notion that you are supposed to post here (or PM me, whichever way you prefer) in order to vote for a RP you'd like to join.

I'd like to encourage RP concept makers to post their concepts here so there's a bit more variation than just my 'thoughts' and for you, the concept makers, to see what interest your concept gathers before you decide to put it up:) Seeing as this topic has been viewed a reasonable amount of times, maybe it'll highlight your concept?

Oh well, hope someone out there would like to RP or make a RP and the two/three/four/... find each other;)

Bump! All those wanting to join Pokémen: season 2: the RP, it's up, so join it there if you want to do so.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Hmm I'll bite. I have a sign up right now for a Pokemon based RP concept I thought of. The plot is about Drake 20 years before he became a member of the elite four. He is a pirate for several years but decided to hang it up when his ship is destroyed by a large water Pokemon in the Hoenn sea. He retires to his sister and nephews home for a few years until rumors start popping up about a place called Mirage Island and the many incredible gifts it holds. Drake thinks these rumors are bogus until his nephew returns with picture evidence after a day of fishing. Drake and Juan decide to find a crew and set out on one last pirate adventure to try and find the island and its treasure. Team aqua also wants the treasure however, and a government group of elite trainers known as the Seel Team 6 are on a mission to eliminate the growing Hoenn pirate population.

Players may choose to be a part of Drakes Crew, Seel team 6, or team aqua. More details can be found on the SU page: Drakes Legacy, Finding the Mirage.

Thanks for reading:)

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Sounds good^^ Consider it added.

For any further questions, please PM me, so the topic mainly consists of people voting and people putting their concepts here.

For those wanting to join it, please do so in its topic, which you can find as Thegame88 already described to get there.

I'll put the description in the first post so people notice it:p But it seems you've already got plenty of attention. Good luck btw!

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
People already post ideas in the RPG Ideas and Wishes thread. They also post there if they see an idea and would like to join it. People voting on whether an RPG should be made or not is all dependant on what you consider to be enough votes to warrant starting the RPG, and every single person who voted actually joining the RPG in the first place. If 10 people voted for an idea, but only 4 of them joined, then it wouldn't be very worthwhile running it. Take your own RPG for example. You had one person say they liked the concept, so you started it. How many replies do you have? One person liking the concept doesn't mean it's a hit and should be made right away.

If I post an idea for an rpg, then I want feedback and suggestions on it, not just people saying "I'd join". Ultimately, I just don't see the long term use of this thread, given that you had to bump it up to get another reply.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
What I encountered in that topic was that people said they like the concept and they give feedback.

However, those concepts didn't really get off the ground because a lot of people posted concepts, yet almost every concept got one 'I'd like to join', usually from the person posting after the one posting the concept. And the second person posted another concept. I was trying to see if this was more efficient to gather twenty RPers for one finished RP concept, instead of twenty RPer for twenty concepts, so one each.

I also posted my own RP because I usually make it concurrent with the fanfic and I couldn't start the RP too late before I went too far ahead in the fanfic. That's just my idea.

I also bumped this topic to possibly remind all those (possible) of dozens viewers that you're supposed to vote... instead of view RP concepts. In other words, get people to decide on joining a RP instead of waiting for the best one that's never going to come. But as I've admitted, it was an idea I liked to try. If it turns out to not get people to gather themselves behind a select few RPs so to those can reasonably start and go on for an extended time, I'll ask for it to be closed. But not yet. I'll check by the RPG ideas and wishes thread, see what has come up:)

Edit: I also thought: what if I post all my RP concepts and they all get zero, one or two sign-ups, then none of them could truly kick off. If some of them got far more, I'd have to manage all of them. That wasn't an option. So what if I post just one? But which one, I like them all personally. Maybe post one after the other and proceed with the one that gets the most (if any) replies? It would be long and possibly tedious. Perhaps others were having such problems and hence this topic to give possible RPers diversity and the popular vote selecting the most popular (possibly good) concepts.

And I eventually started the Pokémen season 2 fanfic to run it semi-concurrently with the fanfic, influencing each other, though there's no forcing if people want to create a completely separate story in the RP. I did it with the first season back on another forum and it worked quite nicely (creating Prof. Evelyne Ivy and more characters I've come to like). Hence, me trying it again.

Last edited:

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Honestly, the Ideas and wishes thread isnt very useful either, I posted there a few weeks ago and never got any feedback.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Honestly, the Ideas and wishes thread isnt very useful either, I posted there a few weeks ago and never got any feedback.

Maybe the purpose/plot of your RP didn't need to be change. Just read over it, and I believe it is a (slightly) original idea. You could work on your punctuation and indenting, though.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Not that I haven't seen this thread already, but again, I just don't see the usefulness of it. If you have several ideas for RPs, do the one YOU like the most first, and save the others for later. And if YOU don't like the idea and are only suggesting it because you think there's a chance others may feel differently, axe it, because I've yet to find a GM that enjoys running an RP they don't personally like. If you don't like it, chances are people aren't going to like it that much either just the lack of enthusiasm you'll have and the way it's being run.

Having people vote from a pool of ideas just seems to be a mess. An idea that gets a ton of votes over other ideas may not be a great idea anyway, and an idea that gets few votes isn't necessarily bad or isn't going to get people signing up for it (RPers that like it may just not care to vote for stuff). Not to mention a person who votes for it doesn't mean it's a person who is going to join it. You could have people just voting all over the place and not joining a darn thing, which in turn creates this false illusion that people are going to join it.

Generally, here's the approach I use when it comes to making and running RPs.

Start the RP's sign up. Then, after a week's worth of checking out sign ups and so forth, use this scale:

1 Completed and Approved Sign Up = 3 points
1 Partly-Completed or Pending Sign Up = 2 points
1 Reserve = 1 point

AFTER A WEEK:
Add up the numbers and...

IF YOU HAVE 14 POINTS OR MORE - Gentlemen, start your engines. You should have enough people to get things going.

IF YOU HAVE AT LEAST 8 BUT FEWER THAN 14 POINTS - Hold it for another week of sign ups and then launch regardless of what you have after week 2, but DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER. It may be a "hope for the best" scenario, but there's enough interest to at least give it a chance.

IF YOU HAVE 7 OR FEWER POINTS - Pull the plug and let people know you're abandoning it. Better luck next time.

And yes...

Even if the idea flunks, there's nothing stopping you from throwing it into the RP storyline chop shop in your mind to refine it, alter it, combine it with some other idea you have floating around in your head, and totally transform it to create something different that may be more successful.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Maybe the purpose/plot of your RP didn't need to be change. Just read over it, and I believe it is a (slightly) original idea. You could work on your punctuation and indenting, though.

Yeah, I saved the grammar for the actual SU ;)

Hi there! Names Ellen Celadon, I am interested in RPing lots of different Genres, from Slice of Life to Horror, I'm your girl! Just shoot me a message if you'd like a sample post or to discuss an RP you might like participants for!

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Okay, that's great. I'm slowly posting concepts in the sign-up forum and we'll see what becomes of this topic.

I guess I'll hope for the best that people feel like RPing and like the concepts.

You can still vote her though;) or put up sign-ups. Or ask stuff about the concepts or anything.

I vote for the Pokemon Castaways!
That sounds fantastically intense, aka; loads of fun!

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I vote for the Pokemon Castaways!
That sounds fantastically intense, aka; loads of fun!

It's been put in the first post:)

I know one vote is next to nothing for a RP, but I'm slowly putting the sign-ups up anyway, so why not do so with this one, I like it if I can execute it just right.