• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Awards 2010 Discussion

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
It's getting to be that time of year again, where we (hopefully) get lots of votes as to who has the best RPGs and characters. As such, we take into consideration once again how to work the system.

The main problem I think with last year's system was the fact that each person had to vote on well over 20 different things at once, so I'd like to hear some suggestions on how we might get a better turnout this year, and maybe even make the voting process smoother.

Any thoughts?

Psychic

Really and truly
Have you had a look at how the Fan Fiction Awards have been done in the past? They're organized quite nicely nowadays, and I think there are some really good ideas there.

Personally I think the one greatest thing you can change to the process is using nominations. Voters nominate a role play, character, whatever, and the nominations are all listed, allowing potential voters to actually go and check out the nominees and choose from them if they don't want to nominate anything themselves. I think you could gain a lot more voters using that sort of method.

Still, the RPG Awards have yet to gander the same popularity as awards in other forums. I wonder if lowering the number of categories to vote in might help, so that voters won't be as overwhelmed and feel they need to make nominations in a dozen sections (and emphasize that they don't need to nominate/vote in each section, either). Until these awards become more popular, I would say to try to keep it small and fairly modest.

~Psychic

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
Right. Maybe we narrow it down to a maximum of 3 awards per category? RPG, RPer, GM, Signup, and the Epic Fail Awards.