• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG forum is getting killed

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Well looks like were not getting as much of a croud as we use to here, eh? Iv'e beengone so theres no wonder this place is dying XP...I joke, but on a seriouse note, were kinda loosing peoples interests here and its no good posting this to mods only because its not just todo with us, its to do with you the members of the RPG forum too.

Forums are suppose to be fun, yeah? Its not all about discussion, which is whyforums sections such as the RPG, clubs and games forums exist, right? To bring a little fun into forums?

So what I'm trying to get across here is what do you the members want out of the RPG forum? Is there anything that can be done to make it more inviting? A little more fun? Something to bring it back to life again?

Do you want help threads to better your RPG skills? Monthly votes for you favourite RPGers, plots ect? A fun, plot free RPG held every month with a different theme? A thread where you can draw and post your RPG characters or a place where you can post your RPG characters profiles? What?

Post things that you want to see in the RPG section, yeah the whole purpose is to RPG and we are a little strict on the rules, but it doesn't stop us from having a bit of fun or helping you get better at it. We can discuss RPG's as well as partisapate in them.

Canis Lupus

I'm just throwing this out there, but the amount in activity has gone down since the rule on threads in the Cafe section was put up.

I do like the idea about posting pics of your characters, as I have made my main character into a Mii. xD

EDIT: Actually, some of the blame should be placed on Forum lags, which have discouraged most from posting. (Although I've noticed that these are getting better.)

Last edited:

InnerFlame

Fire and Ice Combo
I agree with Canis Lupus, I've been here for a long time and now why do we need permission to start a disscusion thread for our RPG? I understand that some people use it for chats and stuff but that just seems to much trouble too PM a mod and ask can I open up a thread so we can have a discussion about the RPG we're in? I really don't know if I could do it... It would feel like I'm wasting the mod time and I don't like the bother people.

I like all of your ideas Shadowfaith and I would definately be interested in it. I think we should have a place on the RPG we be can talk about our characters and how we got the ideas for our RPG.

In Spellbinder I got much more excited about it when I began to make my character talk to the other characters. I got the chance to get an idea of how to play my character and how the other people maybe react. Is it possible that we can to that in our RPG discussion thread if we keep somewhat related to the RPG maybe we could make a place like that somewhere.

Other thing, why is it we cannot advertise RPG? They can do it in the Fanfiction place, I even read the Fic commerial place and it got me to read some of those stories. I mean as long as people aren't going to every RPG and post "Join blah blah blah it's fun" it should be fine, right?

Oh maybe we can make RPG for beginners that everyone can join and selected amount of people(Or whoever offers) can help the RPer improved. I been working on a RPG like that. But right now I just have the plot down.

Well that's all I can think of right now I'll post something else if it come to me. Good luck and I pray the RPG will live so maybe my RPG will get some people...(I still haven't gotten anyone to join it... may have to start another of my RPG)

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
I'd not say that the rule on Discussion Threads stopped activity here, and frankly I don't understand why anyone's complaining about it because it's not that big of a loss. If a person is too shy to PM a Mod then that's their own problem, but we get "bothered" enough (we're Mods, after all) so we don't mind getting PMs.

But anyways, I think that another reason is there just aren't a lot of RPGs currently that spark a great deal or interest. But I think we should work to find ways to make this place more interesting, but maybe this time with the members' help- the suggestion thread in the Mod section I made didn't seem to get a whole lot done, in the end.

So like Shadowfaith said, what do you guys want to see? We have a few suggestions, tell us whatever you thing looks good:
-RPG schools for RPers depending on their skill levels
-Votings for a favourite RPG, character, RPer, RPG plot sometimes with a theme (and perhaps some sort of Hall of Fame?)
-A more loose RPG that doesn't have a defined plot and is generally easier to be a part of
-An RPG artwork thread
-Contests for making plots or characters
-A thread to advertise your RPG
-Threads where people just post characters or RPG posts they really like
-An RPG where all different characters (that you used in the past) can "hang out" and just sit around and talk (like an actual Café)

(Oh, and funny how I mentioned some of the things InnerFlame said and I hadn't even noticed her post [I never use the Refresh button].)

If you like an idea or have another one to offer, please post: we only want to make this place more fun for you, which is impossible to do without your help and participation. =)

~Psychic

Last edited:

Emergency BuTcH

Team Rocketron! D8<
-RPG schools for RPers depending on their skill levels [That'd definitely help. I think I have some dents that I got to fix.]
-Votings for a favourite RPG, character, RPer, RPG plot sometimes with a theme (and perhaps some sort of Hall of Fame?) [That could work.]
-An RPG artwork thread [Can you explain that a little more, Psychic?]
-Contests for making plots or characters [I would like that.]
-An RPG where all different characters (that you used in the past) can "hang out" and just sit around and talk (like an actual Café) [If we can pull off something this complex, that would like the coolest thing! Or one of.]

Gentleman Skeleton

I'd honestly like to see:

-A thread or an entire board devoted to getting help with fixing broken RPG plots.
-A thread or entire board to advertise upcoming RPGs
-Catagorizing RPG plots based on overall difficulty and complexity
-A thread or entire board devoted to helping maintain a long and healthy plot once an RPG gets started.

nacirema

For the lulz
One of the reasons I left for a little while is because of the super laaaaaagggg. It deserves way more As and Gs. The only time it seems I can get on is when its like 2 a.m or so when everyone else is sleeping. That in my opinion is ridiculous.

Cacaruka

WHADDUP
I think the plot-free RPG with a different theme every month or so would be a good idea, Shadowfaith.
The RPG School idea is a definite yes in my opinion.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well I would post but the lag just keeps me doing it, like if it lags an entire day, I kinda get lost then forget about the RP I am currently in, or it takes forever for one to start that I evatually forget about it anyway (The lag is also the reason why I barely read fanfics here either, no point in getting exited then waiting a whiole day to read the rest).
And then there's also that not alot of RP's seem to spark my interest anymore.

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
Yah, I havent been able to get on for many MONTHS due to the super lagging. I am waaay over due on posting in the RPG's I had signed up for alooong time ago. Plus, there are soo many rules. I could post in a sign up thread stating, say "Thanks for letting me join! I'll do my best" And then along comes someone like, say, RaZoR LeAf and he yells at me and threatens to LOCK up the forum, even after the person had just worked for maybe 4 whole days trying to come up with a great story line and 6 more days waiting to get the right amount of people to sign up for the RPG! Yes, I agree that we must have rules, especially with a forum of this size, but too many rules, and enforcing them soo forcefully like "some" of the mods do here, will push people away. The whole point of having a forum is to entertain and please the members. No members, no forum. Too many rules, no members.

Edit: Lady Myuu was running an RPer school aloooong time ago. I havent been on lately to see it, but I used to be a part of it.

Last edited:

PokemonBreederChris

UnlimitedBlade Works
I think the plot-free RPG with a different theme every month or so would be a good idea, Shadowfaith.

RaZoR LeAf had something simular to that, I'm not sure any of you remember it, but it was known as the winterball. Here's the link(s):

RPG winter Ball

Second Annual Winter ball

One of the reasons I left for a little while is because of the super laaaaaagggg. It deserves way more As and Gs. The only time it seems I can get on is when its like 2 a.m or so when everyone else is sleeping. That in my opinion is ridiculous.

Yes, Lag has been a huge issue right now its 1:25 AM my time, the reason I'm up might you ask? I have to write a 10 page script by tomarrow which I started one half a page yesterday....
Lag has driven many active people I knew on serebii away, but once D/P dies down as PMD has done, I think the forums might be slightly better, not garunteed better, but maybe less white screen and a little more green screen.

-A thread or an entire board devoted to getting help with fixing broken RPG plots.

Although one would think it is nice, I would have to disagree. Maybe a big brother little brother type relationship can be made, like the 'adopt-a-newbie thread' could work, or maybe one could just PM a friend who is already what they considered skilled and ask for help. Yet allot of people are stubborn and this thread if implemented could collapse easily.

-A thread or entire board to advertise upcoming RPGs

You mean like spam? There is already a thread technically for this, Innerflame has advertised her/his RPGs there. Wannna Check it out? Another thread made by RaZoR LeAf RPG Ideas- Share your thoughts here. Although this place is just for 'ideas' you can give a brief promo of the idea of your RPG. InnerFlame has posted her/his RPG ideas, which are good, and can be developed further into plots, so one could just go in there and say:
-- "Hello people of Sppf, I have this RPG I've been working on and here it is [insert block of RPG-ness] What do you think? It might be coming to a sign up sub forum near you!" --

-Catagorizing RPG plots based on overall difficulty and complexity

Explain? Ratings aren't enough? MA, or NC-17, for the more adult crowd/mature members of Serebii are often very difficult, look at RaZor LeAf's many RPGs, for one thing, he had this Nos-Feratu RPG it was wordy, I might of signed up for it, but at the time he posted it I was very very busy, and I'll address timing later in this post. Difficulty can be read, if you are too lazy to read posts that have many many words to them, and have a complex plot, then why should the Mods baby feed you?

-A thread or entire board devoted to helping maintain a long and healthy plot once an RPG gets started.

Again, how will that be needed? It is up for the GM to have a heathy plot, don't aspect mods to baby feed you, they have their own lives to attend too. Maintaining an RPG requires work, if you can't handle the work, why did you become a game administrator in the first place?

-RPG schools for RPers depending on their skill levels [That'd definitely help. I think I have some dents that I got to fix.]

BuTcH During your long absense there has been one, but Lady Myuu took it down for she was tired, and didn't want to deal with the constant spam involved by noobs not reading the School's rules. I Pmed her once asking if I could take care of it, and she replied stating that she would only want a trusted friend of her's or a Mod, and at the time, mod activity was wavy.
I too would like to see another one of those to help those starting into the world of RPGs, cause I would not want to see newbies's dreams shot down after one lowsy RPG. (Although I am being a hippocrit, cause I do complain about noobs to my MSN Serebii friends...I assume if newbies don't read the rules the first time their automatically noobs, but a certain modfriend is helping me out of that viewpoint YAY here!)

-Votings for a favourite RPG, character, RPer, RPG plot sometimes with a theme (and perhaps some sort of Hall of Fame?) [That could work.]

Yes it could work, the fanfiction has this, and we all can be democratic about this system right? So no one complains about who wins what? Monthy contests/award ceremonies can be given out, but the mods would need be active, or trusted members could run this.

Contests, OH FUN! YAY! The mods have tried this, with a character creation contest, RaZoR LeAf again sacrificed his time to make the RPG board a better place, but sadly the competition failed, I would of joined, but...meh...I'm lazy, people hassle me to get my sign ups, and rpgs done, like right now I have five fics being made, and four RPGs being created, well once my friend comes back from camp, we can probably post the RPG we two've been working on, but she has all the documents on her comp, so all I can do is wait :'(.

-An RPG where all different characters (that you used in the past) can "hang out" and just sit around and talk (like an actual Café) [If we can pull off something this complex, that would like the coolest thing! Or one of.]

The winter ball which I talk about was something simular to it, LegendarySuicuneGirlofPokemon, Cdra, and I once had a crazy idea of a Bishie RPG which would be simular to this, but the idea became way to complex and we trashed it, if any of you want to make a Bishie RPG go ahead, I'm still trying to ressurect the Classic PBA.

I'm just throwing this out there, but the amount in activity has gone down since the rule on threads in the Cafe section was put up.

Although that might seem true, also D/P came out, Exam week came, Summer Life awoke, not everyone's like me and sits all day home like a hermitt, well exceptionw ith ~Hyuu, he out hermitts me! I don't think that is the cause, in fact I think it has helped take away some of the noobishness of the rpg forum, although there HAS been allot of locked illegal RPGs lately, which are just....annoying...

I do like the idea about posting pics of your characters, as I have made my main character into a Mii. xD

Yes. Picture = fun. Cdra's drawn Plum, from F.R.E.E, her last RPG before she left for Summer, and that is one of my favorite character's i've ever created. Maybe a showcase thread can be made, where we can showcase all our work. Then again, we have threads already in existance, such as the RPGers, share your character bios here thread made by Hazey Lucario.

I like all of your ideas Shadowfaith and I would definately be interested in it. I think we should have a place on the RPG we be can talk about our characters and how we got the ideas for our RPG.

The point of a Cafe is to be social, so maybe the mods could have a social cafe thread where we discuss about RPGs, etc. but Hazer Lucario's thread can demonstrate the 'Talk about character's' Need.

In Spellbinder I got much more excited about it when I began to make my character talk to the other characters. I got the chance to get an idea of how to play my character and how the other people maybe react. Is it possible that we can to that in our RPG discussion thread if we keep somewhat related to the RPG maybe we could make a place like that somewhere.

If ur saying "No straight business in cafe, but add social and fun elements to the threads." then I agree. Although it is ideal that the cafe threads stay stricly professional, I do think that talking about the rpg in a social manner should be allowed.

Other thing, why is it we cannot advertise RPG? They can do it in the Fanfiction place, I even read the Fic commerial place and it got me to read some of those stories. I mean as long as people aren't going to every RPG and post "Join blah blah blah it's fun" it should be fine, right?

As I said earlier, we can 'advertise' in RaZoR LeAf's RPG Ideas thread, I don't think an RPG advertising thead is nessessary, but meh.

Oh maybe we can make RPG for beginners that everyone can join and selected amount of people(Or whoever offers) can help the RPer improved. I been working on a RPG like that. But right now I just have the plot down.

I also have been working on that, I've been transforming PBA into an "RPG SCHOOL FOR BEGINNERs" type RPG to help the less experianced RPGers.

And that was what the Winterballs were like, maybe if a mod did it once a month or 6 times a year, then it could be fun, for 12 times a year seems somewhat chaotic if you want to keep the rpg running, good rpgs last more then a month.

Well I would post but the lag just keeps me doing it, like if it lags an entire day, I kinda get lost then forget about the RP I am currently in, or it takes forever for one to start that I evatually forget about it anyway (The lag is also the reason why I barely read fanfics here either, no point in getting exited then waiting a whiole day to read the rest).
And then there's also that not alot of RP's seem to spark my interest anymore.

LAG IS EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! Willow, don't worry, I promise you ONE DAY the LAG will CEASE to EXIST! (God I hate that lag it so annoying, and I'm a one-forum guy, and Serebii is that one forum)

Yah, I havent been able to get on for many MONTHS due to the super lagging. I am waaay over due on posting in the RPG's I had signed up for alooong time ago. Plus, there are soo many rules. I could post in a sign up thread stating, say "Thanks for letting me join! I'll do my best" And then along comes someone like, say, RaZoR LeAf and he yells at me and threatens to LOCK up the forum, even after the person had just worked for maybe 4 whole days trying to come up with a great story line and 6 more days waiting to get the right amount of people to sign up for the RPG! Yes, I agree that we must have rules, especially with a forum of this size, but too many rules, and enforcing them soo forcefully like "some" of the mods do here, will push people away. The whole point of having a forum is to entertain and please the members. No members, no forum. Too many rules, no members.

I blame myself, sometimes I'm report trigger happy...And yes, the mods have been trying to keep socializing to a mimimum, and work to a maximum, the slightest chatter could fuse a noob spamfest, ya never know.

Well I have no ideas as of yet, and I gave my imput to all your comments. I do have something to bring up that no one has said yet, and ShadowFaith we've talked about it over MSN, and that is the idea of timing. Like ShadowFaith's nippon RPG, or Digimon RPG, they are good, people signed up, but it was the wrong timing, cause schedules outside of serebii conflicted with them. Its hard to find the right time when the RPGs would be most active. Well now its 2:10 AM, and I need to get back to my script, so g'night to you all!

Kenta007

Eternal Breath
I have to say that the forum lags really annoy me at times. Let's say you can only have time to get on once a day to post in an RPG, but the forums lag at that time... If it chains it causes major inactivity. But yeah, that may be just a little over the top. I don't know why it's been so inactive lately. It used to be way more active than this (even years ago).

Hmm, i have some RPG (idea's) to post though, but i hesitate to post them out of the fear that they won't fill up and thus die, wasting the RPG.

But meh, i haven't been active myself previous to a few weeks ago so i haven't seen the actual downfall of activity.

.__.

(P.S. : Welcome back Lor ;P)

Last edited:
I guess I'm pretty lucky that I only get lag occasionally during weekdays; it's practically computer he** for me on weekends. I do have to say it get's annoying trying to post my reply and suddenly my computer can't connect. (downtime? Not sure.)

And I do have to agree with InnerFlame about the discussion in Spellbinders; it was fun to see a preview of what might happen in the roleplay. Plus it's easier and less time-taking than pm-ing all the other players. It would also help when there's an oncoming lag and when he can't send a message to other players because of it.

Regarding the 'healthy plot thread' bit, it might actually be useful. It's sort of similar to the discussion thread up above because we can also suggest, empasis on that, some side-plots (or major plot points) to keep the roleplay amusing when it starts to become dull because we 'might' have been going through some sort of repetetive cycle. Of course, the suggestions should only be approved by the GM him/herself. That way, we can also help each other when we get lost in the RPG when one of us has been gone for some time.

Lastly, the idea of contests sounds fun! I'd gladly support it, though not sure if I'd join.

Sonozaki Maya

realized seraph
Forum lags? Fine, we all have to deal with it. The REAL problem is... time difference. Not everyone can get on at the same time, and even though an RP may be open to start, the GM may lack time to start it. Ergo, the RPGs never start. I emphasized this for a purpose. :/

You're pretty thick if you don't find the meaning.

Pikaman

Poke-nerd
Do you want help threads to better your RPG skills? Monthly votes for you favourite RPGers, plots ect? A fun, plot free RPG held every month with a different theme? A thread where you can draw and post your RPG characters or a place where you can post your RPG characters profiles?
All of those sound good, especialy help threads.

darkpkmn fan1

I like the sound of a Plot Free RPG. I am really interested in this. It could be like a trainer RPG like fizzy bubbles (only better and with more RPing). It would certainly attract a bigger group of people to the RPG area.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I agree with Canis Lupus, I've been here for a long time and now why do we need permission to start a disscusion thread for our RPG? I understand that some people use it for chats and stuff but that just seems to much trouble too PM a mod and ask can I open up a thread so we can have a discussion about the RPG we're in? I really don't know if I could do it... It would feel like I'm wasting the mod time and I don't like the bother people.

Discussions in the past have been chat threads not RPG Discussions. All it takes is s PM and some information on what the thread will be used for and it's approved.

Yes. That's an example of what would get a discussion thread approved.

Having an RPG Commercial Thread would be fine. Outright "Please join my RPG" advertising is not allowed, just as "Please review my fic" is not allowed.

-An RPG artwork thread
-Contests for making plots or characters
-Threads where people just post characters or RPG posts they really like
-An RPG where all different characters (that you used in the past) can "hang out" and just sit around and talk (like an actual Café)

The RPG Cafe was designed for threads like this in the first place. It really shouldn't be down to the mods to have to make them. If people want these sort of threads, then they can post them, just so long as there's a little effort in the first post.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=210662

It's been there since the start of April. It has 4 replies.

It's not a chat-room, you not need other people to be online in order to reply to an RPG.

dragonic_man said:

It's called the RPG Cafe. Only problem is, nobody ever bothers to ask for help.

I could post in a sign up thread stating, say "Thanks for letting me join! I'll do my best" And then along comes someone like, say, RaZoR LeAf and he yells at me and threatens to LOCK up the forum, even after the person had just worked for maybe 4 whole days trying to come up with a great story line and 6 more days waiting to get the right amount of people to sign up for the RPG!

Example?

Yes, I agree that we must have rules, especially with a forum of this size, but too many rules, and enforcing them soo forcefully like "some" of the mods do here, will push people away. The whole point of having a forum is to entertain and please the members. No members, no forum. Too many rules, no members.

Serebiiforums as a whole has more rules than the RPG Forum. I can condense the entire RPG Forum Rules into three simple words.

MAKE AN EFFORT

RaZoR LeAf had something simular to that, I'm not sure any of you remember it, but it was known as the winterball.

After the first Winterball, there was going to be a 'dance' topic ever quarter. A Spring Dance, a Summer Equinox, an Autumn Harvest and back to Winter again, for the same reasons. After I posted the Spring Dance, nobody replied. I still have the file on my computer:

The weather has been dull lately, nothing but grey skies, cold winds and damp mornings. Everywhere you go people are either sneezing, complaining about how much weight they put on over Christmas, or grumbling about the weather. You get home, narrowly avoiding an incoming shower only to find a strange green envelope waiting for you. Your name is written on the front, and as you break open the wax seal on the reverse, a faint smell of freshly cut grass wafts under your nose. Inside is one ticket, and a list of instructions.

The RPG Spring Ball
Instructions for all attending guests

Following on from October of 2005, four Annual Balls will take place, encompassing special days and events where members of the RPG Forum can mingle and have fun. As the Spring Ball officially starts during February, it will begin with an affectionate celebration of Valentines.

The Valentine Ball will run through most of February, after that, the Ball will become a regular event, and couples can choose to stay together or mingle. The Spring Ball will come to an end in April, and Easter will be celebrated in the form of a great pie fight.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Heres an idea on how to attract more attention to the rpg forums make better sign up forums. lets take a look at a common rpg form through a newbies eyes.

Name: *Noob: Simple enough!*
Personality: 6 lines minium *Noob: WTF how am I surposed to make my personality go over six lines*
Appearence: 6 lines minium *Noob: Blue t-shirt, jeans, brown eyes... dam not even close how do they expect me to make this over six lines!*
History: 6 lines minium *Noob: Okay I'll base this on ash catchums*

As you can see people will struggle to understand our terms when veiwing them for the frist time and sign ups like this won't help you become a better rpger (heck the only reason why I'm as good as I'am is because PBC took pity on me) so my suggestion is to pad it out like so.

Name:
Personality: 6 lines minium. If your wondering what to put here put in stuff such as your charaters likes, dislikes, social interaction, how they get on with their family, thier opinion on authority, their fears, their reason for living etc

Description: 6 lines minium. If your looking for ideas as to what to put here describe your charaters outfit, this includes their posture how they wear things (such as tucked in or out), the texture of there clothing, the condition of the clothing (is it dirty, does it have holes in etc), the items of clothing they wear in diffrent invioments (such as hot or cold) etc

History: 6 lines minium. If your looking for something to base your past on try your own so you feel like your a part of your charater, though if you don't want to share your past be sure to include stuff like school, social and home life, expirences that changed your charaters out look on the world and, if your really struggling, describe ypur charaters earily life (as a baby)

Still not perfect but it'll help people to get an better idea of how to improve and what your expecting. Other problems such as rpg's dying aren't easy to solve so what I can say is this, if you don't have the time for an rpg don't sign up/make one and if you do plan in advance if you know somethings going to drag you away and if your a gm make sure you have at least one co owner who knows the plot so they can carry on the rpg if you dissappear.

Skeith

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
MAKE AN EFFORT? Us older kids usually do make an effort. You know as well as I that everyone will have a different view on what an effort is. They could try their very best, and a mod will come along and say its ****. Thus, causing them to think that the very best they can do isnt very good at all. This whole place's standards are set so high. They are set to "your" standards. You have to keep in mind that some kids cant write as well as others.

Also, I HATE THE LITTLE GOODY TWOSHOES KIDS THAT THINK THEY ARE THE MODS RIGHT HAND PRICKS AND THINK THEY CAN GO AROUND TO EVERY FRIGGEN THREAD AND CORRECT PEOPLE OR REPORT THEM WHEN ITS NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUISNESS!!!!! Minimods should all be hung from the gallows. Its become a pandemic. Its bullcrap! I'd like to see a day in the lives of these great heroes we call "Minimods".......I wonder if they get punched in the face for correcting people in real life. I hope they all do.

Whew, I feel better now. Anyways, There are alot of things you can do to help, like lower the standards so that you arent making kids commit suicide.

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Okay, I'm going to say this and I do NOT want to be blasted for it. I think there should be rules about how people treat the RPG newbies here. I've seen some really nasty comments made by people who have been here for a while. It scares them away! We were all newbies at one point and some people take it WAAAAY too far.

Maybe there could be an experienced and newbie side to the RPG board? Maybe we could get a load of really experienced RPGers to write a Do and Don't sticky? Or maybe we could have something LIKE the adopt a newbie thread but adopt a new RPGer thing. We could tell them right from wrong. The newbies, remember, will soon turn into probably good writers! I mean, look at me! I used to be crap!

One more thing: It's summer. The weather is lovely (apart from england) and people want to go outside (...ditto) so we ARE going to get quiet.

But I know from a few people (including myself) that there are some pretty good RPG plots coming out soon.