• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas 2005

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
I have a good idea for a zelda if you want to hear it.

L

Luke04

Sure. We could use a new kind of RGP then. Even though those were good. Let's hear your zelda one.

T

turboredeemed

I have brought back an idea, it is Called, Digimon Adventure, the Advent Children, where the evil digimon Zanbamon has taken over the digital world, and kidnaps the digidestined from the 1st 2 seasons for revenge, and he also wants to eliminate the humans and make Earth a Haven for Digimon, you and your digimon must stop him and go to the digital world and save your parents, and you must defeat Zanbamon ONCE AND FOR ALL! Does anyone like it?

L

Luke04

I like the whole elimanate all humans and take over the world/ you got to go beat him once and for all feel. But I'm not a big fan of digimon. Heck I don't like digimon. Period.

But I think it'll make a good RPG for those who like digimon.

Ytnim

Storm Trainer
I have been thinking about starting a Star Wars RPG since I haven't actually seen one that isn't all Jedi and goody-two-shoes stuff. It would be set way into the future since its away from the Movies and Expanded Universe stuff and people won't be asking me to use Canon characters. I was also thinking of using some stuff from the Star Wars D20 Role Playing Game but eliminating the dice rolls and stats, just using their classes and such. Would anyone be interested?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'd love a proper Star Wars RPG that's not "You're a happy Jedi"

S

Sango

Well, I could dig out my Ocarina of Time/Pokemon crossover if you want me to, but I've got an idea somewhat a mix of Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Paper Mario. If I can get it again, I'll edit it in here.

Well, I still can't retrieve the plot hours later, but I can give a basis before getting the plot up again.

Pretty much an evil wizard who wants power seals away the spirits representing the seven holy virtues and casts the divine goddess into deep slumber. With the holy force out of the way, he ressurects the sinful spirits to unstabilize the world before awakening the originally fabled Four Horsemen. Somehow, markings representing the spirits and the goddess end up in our modern era, and mysteriously the "scarred" children are dragged into the storybook-like world of the legend. They learn their purpose, thus beginning a crusade to decide the fate of the earth and heavens.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pokegurums

My rpg idea

I would like to submit an idea for an RPG I've been thinking about. It is a crossover from my original story series called Android Girl and Pokemon.

When an unknown life form from another dimension enters the pokemon universe. It seeks to eliminate all and destroy the universe. I will try to implement all the legendary pokemons into it as protectors. Deoxys is Protector of Space, Rayquaza is Protector of the Sky, Mew is protector of Life, and Celebi is protector of Time etc. When most of the Protectors fail to defeat this new foe Trainers from around the world come to attempt to help defeat it.

The unknown monster has a transformation ability like a ditto, but can hold a from for a longer time and has an ability to use any attacks it can learn by sight.

To avoid using popular pokemon characters Ash and other popular anime characters are not present or briefly cameoed. The monster is actually taken from my fan series as it is a part of a grave cellular virus that affects dimensions and seeks to destroy them. The monster in the rpg is a piece of the virus but isn’t as strong as the true virus which isn’t in the rpg.

Please comment Thank You.

S

Sango

New idea based off of my fanfic. Gather 'round, children.

For many a millenia, peace between saint and sinner was the only thing necessary for the serene state known as Purity. However, some points in history, trouble stirred, and the bond was broken. Those following the seven holy virtues condemned many they considered sinful in times such as the Crusades, while the sins weren't necessarily controlled by people, but occured in the form of a crisis such as the Plague. But feeling as if they were being used by God and Satan, all 14 of the spirits fell into slumber, and peace continued as if it were the seventh day again.

However, some want the eigth day to come sooner than planned. These two people are Giovanni Medici of Team Rocket, and Joseph Benedict of the recently-formed Team Aura. Their goals are opposite, yet it does seem to be quite deadly regardless. Medici and his organization plot to revive the deadly sins to unstabilize the world. Benedict, on the other hand, has the plan of reviving the virtues so "all sinners shall be crushed". Somehow, this includes the gym leaders who are apparently guilty of all seven in his eyes. As chaos ensues in the media and underground, it is time for others to arise and stop the two teams.

These, are trainers. Unfortunately, the apparent chosen ones are just starting out. They must train themselves on their own before taking on Medici and Benedict, but this is without the aid of the gyms, because Team Aura has abducted them. How will this all end?

Well, in short. Take this out of an IM:
GiovanniTR316: Oh I know!
GiovanniTR316: you could shorten it.
GiovanniTR316: "Team Badguy wants to destroy the world. You are a Pokeyman trainer. No Legends ^___^"

S

~SpAzZ~

I've had a couple ideas in my head.I was thinking of bring back DNA(Probabl Will redo it), my RP that died a short time ago.I had this one about teenged super heroes(I don't know about this one),A jedi and Sith war RP(This is going to made) and some more.Oh, and then there was an RP based on the game Monster Hunter(This will surely be made).I have the plots somewhere, I'll post them later.

Lily

you were the one.
Sango~ I would rather much prefer your first one, the one with the 7 virtues. It seems like an good, original RPG. I thought the RPGs you fused them with was a cleverly crafted plot. ^^ The second one is also well detailed but a tad bit confusing if you were to really role play with other people. Either way, they both sound great. =]

Dr.Spazzums~ Teenaged super heroes will be easy to power play, so be wary when you're doing these kind of RPGs. If you word it better and revise it before posting it up, it should be fine. Just make sure you don't start out with 'too' many advantages at the beginning. =]]

;172;

S

~SpAzZ~

That was one of the reasons Im probably not going to make that one.Well, I haevn't found the plots yet, but I created the monster hunter one tough:

PLOT
Long, long ago, in a world similar to ours, monsters roamed the planet.Some monsters were peaceful, some were destructive, some were the size of a bus. A profession common around the planet, is a hunter.Hunting monsters, gathering supplies, and whatever could be done.

A species of wyverns(A very large, and destructive creature, resembling a dragon), called the Monoblos was a threatening opponent.Resembling a fusion of a dragon, and a triceratops rampaged the Planet.With it's large crimson horn, few could slay it.Master Hunters were able to slay small ones, but none could take out the Monodrome.A Monodrome is an alpha wyvern of the Monoblos.It's twice as big, with an emense horn.

Many hunters have been sent to slay the mighty beast, but none have returned alive.Many attacks have been getting more frequent, and more destructive.A line of attacks have headed to Omnus, a large town that holds some of planet's strongest hunters, weapons, and captured wyverns.Your small village has been called to aid, but only few hunters remain.You are trainee hunters, and are on your way to Omnus to stop this threat.

YOUR ROLL
As somewhat hinted above, you are trainee hunters, in the small village of Kotoko.All other hunters have been sent, except one.This Hunter, Marcus Dreddeik will train you on the way.Remember you are weak compared to wyverns right now.With time, you will be able to lsya wyverns with ease.
There is a small list of classes(some I invented)that you can be:
Blademater:A warrior skilled with a sword.You are very tactical with your blade.The swords differ in sizes.You either have a great sword, a sword, and shield, or two small swords. Starting Weapons:Iron Sword, Hunter's Knife
Lancer:You easily handle this sharp, and slender weapon.A large shield helps you defend yourself.A more accurate, and defensive weapon.Starting Weapons:Iron Lance
Hammerer:(needs new name)This class wields the great and mighty hammer.With emense size, and power, it can easily take down enemies.It's very slow, and heavy.Relies more on power, than defense.Starting Weapons:Iron Hammer
Gunner:This class is more unique.You can be a light gunner, using small, and more accurate guns/crossbows, or a heavy gunner, using stronger, but slower guns/crossbows.You rely on ammo supplies of a large variety.Easily can run out of ammo.Starting Weapons:Crossbow(Light gunner), Arbalest(heavy gunner)

You live in a small village of Kotoko.Around the village, and surrounding villages, are parts of wilderness.Fields and Forest, Dessert, Jungle, Swamp, and Volcano.Monsters Vary from place to place.You must make it through many areas, and reach Omnus, before Monodrome destroys the great town, and releases all the wyverns that are captive.

I'll add more before I actually post the sign-up.I'm probably going to add, something like a bestairy.

Kawaii Kyuubi Kitsune

Kawai Nogitsune
Here is the draft plot of my next RPG; I would like as much feedback as possible so I can improve it for release. I hope to have support for it, as it will be good.

The beginnings of a Pokemon Professor.

Voices spoke could be heard from within the small bamboo shack, if one listened from a distance that was far enough to make the actual words of the conversation impossible to understand, but not far enough that one could not hear a thing from the shack, paranoia would probably make one think they were discussing some evil scheme. If one were close enough to hear the words, then it’d take a bit of imagination to come to that conclusion.

“Your test subjects have arrived for the experiment, Professor Borne. They are waiting for you this very moment.”

“It’s about time. And Shisso, you should know that when addressing someone with their title, you do not also use their first name. Also your clothing is inappropriate for the occasion.”

“Sorry Borne”

As both men exited walked from the hut, it was quite clear which was which from their clothing. The one in the white lab coat had to be the professor, though he was little over 3 foot tall and was almost spherical. Of course he had to be human, and his red mullet of hair reached down to his shoulders and his dark brown eyes blazed with suppressed anger. His lab coat was a good fit; meaning it must have been specially made for him, and he carried a simple clipboard.

Thus the other was Shisso, standing at a reasonable hight of 6 foot 7. He was wearing a black suit, with a white shirt underneath and a pink tie. His eyes were hidden under black sunglasses and his hair was up in white spikes. The look of official bodyguard was ruined by that fact he was wearing tan coloured shorts and a rather dull looking pair of wooden sandals. Borne was right, his clothing was a bit inappropriate and not just in the way of style, as a suit shouldn’t be worn in the sort of area they were in.

The shack was in a very large field of grass, recently cut, and a few other ones that looked quite similar, though a very large one was in sight too. A river was only a few yards away, running towards a large shimmering clear water lake. A few pine trees were scattered around the field, many with badly concealed cameras in them and forest was visible some distance away in all directions. Not far away a large hill stood with a single tree at the top, and a pokemon in its shade.

None of the ambient scenery caught Borne’s eye, only what was on top of the hill.

There a lone absol stood solemnly, watching for trouble, disaster, danger, or massacre, any of the things the appearance of such a creature usually was the sign of… It shouldn’t be considered that this made it evil, seeing bad things before they happen (At least that is what is assumed they can do, no creature could have the luck to arrive every time by chance.) and coming to assess the full situation, before acting somewhat appropriately, should be considered good instead. Unfortunately humans are often bad at seeing the good in such creatures…

“It looks like our little project is going to run into a small hitch,” The professor muttered under his breath, as he gazed around. “This is certainly an omen, we must get rid of it if we want to succeed. Shisso, get rid of it now before all is lost. I can’t afford anything to go wrong with this if I am to officially become a Pokemon Professor, especially when it might also endanger innocent people as well.”

“A man of science should ignore such old superstitions,” Shisso replied in a very serious tone. “It is here for whatever reason it wishes, and should not be disturbed for no real reason. It is doing no harm, and thus we should do it no harm either. I doubt you’ll get much help dealing with it from Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny either.”

“I don’t often tolerate disloyalty, but your experience is too valuable to lose.” Borne growled as he walked over to the group of people. “Of course I will have to inform our subjects of it and give them permission to deal with it as they wish, as long as doing so doesn’t interfere with my research.”

“Greetings pokemon trainers!” He called out, with Shisso standing by his side. “As you should already know, all of you are here to help me with some pokemon research. Of course you have yet to be informed of what the research is, and you’ll probably leave without knowing for sure as well. Sure you are likely to get close with guesswork, but you do not need to know, as the research only is important for my thesis that’ll allow me to become a pokemon professor. What I will inform you is why you lot were chosen to participate and what needs to be done.”

“You were all invited for one of three reasons. One: Pokemon centre staff noticed you constantly travelled alone, as if you have some hidden secret that you feared others would find out if you travelled with company or something. Such unsocial behaviour is discouraged for trainers as it makes you more likely to get into serious trouble on your journeys. Thus it is hoped you will develop friendships here while helping me with my research, and learn to enjoy the company of others while travelling. I’m sure any secret you might be hiding isn’t bad enough to cause any problems.”

“Two: Pokemon centre staff noticed that you were excessively nervous around them. People like that will really need help from everyone else, and will probably need a bit of encouragement to get involved. These are the one who are most likely to get injured here by pokemon, so they have the right to be a bit cautious, but they should not be allowed by anyone else to let fear get the best of them and thus they should become more confident.”

“And three: The sponsors for this project asked for you to be invited because they believe you’ll benefit from it too. I just hope the spoiled brats who are here because of this don’t have too much trouble mingling with the others as that’d give me less to write about in my thesis if someone is forcibly removed because of fighting with a rich snob.”

“What I need you all to do is quite simple. First off group up with a person who owns a pokemon of a species you are comfortable with, don’t worry you will be free to change at any time and groups of three will be acceptable. Next step is, with the help of the other person, befriend the pokemon to some degree (I’d prefer it if you didn’t use your own pokemon to help, but some of you will need to do so), then play with it or get it to do some tricks or something, I don’t care as I’m sure to get some good info for my research anyway… You’ll probably have to take turns, as two trainers telling each other at the same time how to gain the trust of their pokemon could be difficult, but that is your choice. In the large bamboo shack there is a whole pokemon battle arena for battle or contests if anyone needs it, though those things can be just done outside. Just use the recreational time by using the pokemon of others. Don’t question why this is to be done, as my research should not concern you and I’ll just record important data, talking to you when required.”

“As a final note I must say, as most of you should of already noticed, we do have a member of the police here n case something gets out of hand or any of you try to cause trouble, we do have a fully trained pokemon nurse ready to help with any injures, AND there is an absol looking down on us from the top of the hill, probably bring bad luck to my research. You may do whatever you want about the absol as long as doing so does not take time away from the research.”

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
The Official Pokemon Triathlon!

The matter of exercice and physical training is very important for all, both Pokemon and humans. The great adventure that Pokemon-trainers embark on is not enough exercice for a whole life. This was what the International Directorate for Sport and Education found out. Something had to be done to make regular normal for all from the age of 9 to 60. They decided to hold a competion. A thriathlon.

The contestants would compete in all the three main-land countries of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. They would compete in running, cycling and swimming. They would race from city to city and compete for the 1st. place in all the three countries. The best would win the prestigous Thriathlon-pocal and a secret prize.

But it's harder than it sounds. Different hinders await them along the way and in the cities, placed by Mother Nature and the arrangers. Saboutage, traps and shortcuts are all allowed as long as they follow the few and easy rules;

Rules:

All is allowed as long as the contestant that is affected is not badly wounded.

It is allowed to bring three Pokemons with you.

The contestants must be between 15 and 25.

The card that is handed to you in the starting city ( Pallet, New Bark Town and Littleroot ) and it must be marked in every city along the course.

You can rest anywhere if you want, but there will be official break-cities along the way ( which is also the city where you change vehicles ).

The Pokemon you chose must not be used ( like riding a Rapidash instead of walking, a Lapras instead of swimming ) and can't be changed at all through the whole contest.

All who doesn't follow these rules are disqualified with immidiatly effect.

Sign-Up Form:

Name: ( First and last )
Personality: ( how your character acts and reacts )
Description: ( physical build-up and hair/eye-colour )
Attire: ( this means your starting number )
Pokemon: ( three possible )
RPG experience: ( some RPGs you have entered, if you haven't been in any, write an example where your character is bicycling somewhere )

Sooo...how does this sound?

Kawaii Kyuubi Kitsune

Kawai Nogitsune
Lemurian: It sounds like a reasonable plot, though it does seem to encourage powerplaying. I would recommend you putting in more technical details, as otherwise people will assume incorrect/unrealistic distances between towns and you also need to state exactly which towns . Your overall plot is short, and it would be best to extend it if you want to attract better RPGers but it’ll be extremely difficult to do that without making it sound more boring than it already is.
I am not expert on what makes a good RPG, but I’m glad to see nothing seems to put you off RPGing. I wish you best of luck with this RPG of yours, and I am likely to join… not to win the race, of course, but just to have fun sabotaging every step along the way for any random person I decide, as that will be much more fun.

It is odd how no one commented on my RPG idea, but I will still start sign ups to it soon. I just need feedback so I can improve the plot.

Lemurian

Lady Myuu's Opposite
You look at mine, I look at yours.

Well, I would say it looks good. I always thinks it's almost harder to read the plot when it's in story version... But it looks good. Most trainers do always travel alone, making it look like a one-man's show. You've got a great plot here. Can be interesting to see this one. Almost seems like a reality-show...but I can guess that it will go great.

And thanks for the comments. I'll work more on it. Long way to the RPG's Hall of Fame...

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I've just been informed by Flat/Kyuubi that the RPG Workshop will be closing it's doors. That, and the fact that he (I think it's a guy. Sorry if I'm wrong. There's no gender listed. I seem to be appologising too much recently) can't do it.

There's no real format given in this thread, so I'll just copy and Paste the way it was in the Workshop.
bronislav84 said:
I guess I'll try to give this a whirl. I've had trouble making this myself, because I don't have a steady consultant. That, and the fact that I come into conflict with events that weren't shown on Kids WB, yet.

Genre: Action and Adventure, I guess. Let's add Fantasy as well, because of the sometimes crazy things that happen to the Titans in the Show. And yes, I do want there to be crazyness. It's part of the Show, so it shouldn't be removed, should it?

Flexibility: Well, I'd like it so the players don't have to depend on me to further the plot. If they rely on me, I'll goof. I'm only good at furthering my own plot and not that of everybody in general. On the other hand, I wanna be able to control the Plot when I need to.

Plot Bunny:
Note: It was stated somewhere that Jump City is the setting and that it's a Suburb of Gotham City, so that's the starting setting.

It has been 10 years since the Titans finally defeated Slade and had a huge party to celebrate.

Dick Grayson/Robin (The "Larry the Titan" episode clearly shows that "Larry's" name is that of Robin, but backwards) decided to go off and join Batman again and has since become Nightwing. He of course comes back for the reforming of the Titans in this RP.

Raven and Beast Boy have been traveling the various Galaxies using Raven's Teleportation ability. (Ok, it's a bit of a stretch, but the reason is upcomming) While Raven has developed a small sense of Humor (optional) and her Powers increased in strength (not sure how yet), Beast Boy has been learning to transform into the varios alien beings that they have encountered (Meaning that a limit will have be placed on this player's imagination. How much of a limit? I'm not sure, actually).

Cyborg hasn't really changed physically, but has developed a weird ability to control Machines/Electronics similar to that Villain who wanted to make him a full Machine. Potential for power limtation.

And Starfire used her weird ability to breathe in Space to go back home and to make peace with her Sister (Only for the purposes of the RP. I'm aware that it would never really happen, so don't yell at me). She has been chosen to be a Green Lantern and now has a Ring in addition to her already Green energy abilities. Potential for pretty large power limitation. [I seem to be playing girls a lot recently, but Star is my favorite character, so she's claimed as of this moment.]

The Story so far: Slade isn't dead. He has been biding his time until he gets better henchmen/and or develops another plan to take over the City. Unfortuneatly for him, he can't come up with one. Then one day, his long lost Sister from Metropolis comes for a visit. Her name is Nitemare (Purposefully misspelled) and she has some plans to help Slade with his five little problems. [Note: One of my past consultants said that Slade already has a sister, so this will most likely have to be changed. I just want her to be related to Slade. It doesn't matter how.]

I'm unsure of what abilities to give Nitemare, but I was thinking something like a form of dream invasion similar to Freddy Clugar (sp?). Scary, I know. And minor Mind Control woud be there too. Sleep and Mind related. Nitemare is not her real name, but her name should be based on her abilities. In this case we have to make the abilities after the name.

RPG Title: Teen Titans: Nitemare in Jump City [Note: This is in reference to the new villain, and also to the obvious problems the Titans will face. A bit of a play on words.]

Based Upon: The world of Teen Titans, with Marvel/DC Superheroes there too. Well, not over the top on the others, please.

Plot Style: Well, "basic plot" backdrop would do, but it has to be mentioned that players have to have watched AT LEAST what I have, and that's the episodes on Kids WB.

When: Um, next summer would be the best time, but I could burst waiting for this, so it might have to be sooner. How about August, continuing into the Northern (hemisphere) Schoolyear?

I await anxiously.

I wonder why I didn't ask sooner. Maybe because I actually thought I could do it alone. That, or the fact that I didn't have the guts to admit I failed alone and needed help.
I'm kinda throwing it out to everybody, instead of just in the Workshop. If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it.

Note:
Flat/Kyuubi: I didn't know you changed your name, so when we spoke, I thought you didn't even know me at all. Then, I looked at the threads and noticed that wherever it used to say "Flatulus" it now says "Kawaii Kyuubi Kitsune." Just a small missunderstanding. I really hope I didn't sound weird.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Couple of ideas floating around.

The first is an open ended Star Wars RPG. You can control 2 characters, a Jedi Knight and their padawan, or if you so wish just a Knight. There's basically no plot, other than what you decide your jedi are going to do. There will be a Jedi council, conducted through myself and Dias, who will possibly be co-gamemaster. It'll be set post New Jedi Order, about three generations after the death of Luke Skywalker. Though it is open ended, there's nothing to stop character interaction, or if you so wish you don't ever have to interact with anyone, but you can take part in events others create. Any species will be allowed within reason, and in order to prevent power playing, force abilities are given a points system, so that nobody will be super powerful.

Second idea is very undeveloped, but basically involves legendary pokemon reborn into a human form. No doubt this will attract from the very bottom of the RPG barrel, but will challenge descriptive and role playing skills to be out of the box and any old rubbish wont be accepted. Currently has no plot, so i'm working on one.

Last idea is that I relaunch my Curse of the Navari RPG, which is very much a dark rpg, involving vampires, demons and the like. A mixture between X-Files and Blade I suppose. It's an intense RPG, which requires dedication and skill. It'll also be limited sign ups, or maybe even invite only, I haven't decided yet.

BTW - Bron, Flat is a guy.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Uh thanks, Razor. I kinda realized it, but late. That's why I added that note at the bottom. I was hoping he'd see it. I think I angered him, appologising so many times.

But, is that alll you're gonna say? No comment on my idea? :(