• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Would anyone be interested in a Dead Rising style RPG?

It would basically revolve around a group of people trapped in a mall or other relatively large area fighting to survive against a huge hoard of zombies, dwindling resources, and the evil in their fellow people.

Anyway, I'll start it up if a few people say they would like to do it.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
@TheSequelReturns: That's sounds like a good idea! It's something I would join with no doubt. I might make a Final Fantasy RPG chronicling the revolt of Shira and other companies before the events of FF7, but I don't know.

Frigated

Naval warfare geek
The rule style is kind of complicated, but would anyone be up for a Lexicon RPG set describing the Pokemon world?

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
@Frigated: I'm definitely interested in something like that, if you ever get it up and running you can count me in.

Alder

Come at me bro
Okay, so on the island of Frome, there is no civilization. Pokemon run free, free of humans and Trainers. But a new threat has come to the island. The shifter. Like a genetically altered Ditto, the Shifter can take the shape of any Pokemon, any size, and any texture. It can also alter types, for instance a Fire Corphish. It cannot, however, tweak weaknesses. So that Corphish would be weak to Ground. The Shifter has been killing innocent Pokemon all over the island. Nobody knows why, but it's up to you to stop it. The Elders of the island, which are two Xatu, a Metagross, one Espeon, one Gallade, one Jynx and an Alakazam, have chosen a select few to hunt down and stop the creature before it destroys the island.
____
^^ My RP Plot idea. IT went pretty far on another forum, but it's definitely not 400 words. What I'd liek to know is, who would join it so I know if it's worth it to touch it up and expand?

Feraligatr12

Dr. Black Series
i've had an idea for a while of like a post-apocalypse era, with few remaining human civilizations left. Like the apocalypse would have dealt with nuclear explosions or somthing like that, with huge massive normal earth creatures mutated by the nuclear gas scouring the desolate, barren desert planet of earth, and basically the humans have to fight for their survival, and find a way to re-inhabit the earth, and become the dominant species again.

I'm not really a good rpg maker, so i probably wouldn't write it, but i would be willing to help come up with the plot and stuff. I don't know, i just decided to give this a go.

angrycaterpie

Gaze upon the slayer
I'm thinking of making either a Left 4 Dead RPG or a Team Fortress 2 RPG...

EDIT: I should probably be more precise about my L4D RPG...

It includes four/three separate groups of four survivors each, spread out among the globe, and all facing their own four "campaigns," unique to that continent. Also, special infected will appear, though determined by campaign. However, there will ALWAYS be Hunters, Smokers, Boomers, Horde, and Witches.

The available groupings are as such:

Africa Campaign (Escape From Africa)-

Club Dead- Escape an infested pleasure paradise to a jeep escape.

Jungle Fever- Traverse a dark and intimidating jungle to an underground tunnel escape.

Mt. Never-Rest- Ascend a foreboding mountain of doom to an inner vault escape.

Red Sand- Discover a way out of a huge Pharaoh's tomb to a biplane escape.

Europe Campaign (Ungracious Hosts)

Watery Grave- Descend a slowly sinking ship to a submarine rescue.

Cobblestone Chaos- Travel across old bloodstained streets to an evacuation zone.

The All-Nighter- Escape a damned university to a subway escape.

City of Frights- Waltz through Paris with haste to an Eiffel Tower escape.

Asia Campaign (Eastern Burden)

Wailing Walls- Fight your way through Jerusalem for solace within the Wailing Wall of Israel.

New Chernobyl- Re-live through the horrors to escape at an old abandoned factory.

Allah's Lost- Trek through sandstorms and adobe houses for an escape by armored car. (Special Note: The title is supposed to be a play on words, meaning "All Is Lost", resulting in Allah's Lost. Wish I could make it better...)

Bloody Crescent- Bound across beautiful Japanese temple rooftops for a finale on top of a baffling skyscraper.
---------------

More to come.

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Córilìce

Hi there,

I'm interested in tabling an idea to you people about a campaign I'd like to run. The world would be unlike anything in the real world, it is the medieval world that you would generally find in a Dungeons & Dragons campaign. However I have modified it to include a series of elemental powers/abilities that can be controlled by the RPGers.

I would have a maximum of 10 people participating and each would have access to one of these powers. However, the method by which you one of the powers would be either through PMing me and going through a mini-session one-on-one or having me sit you all down together and list a set of colours you would each pick one that the other didn't pick. I'd prefer the first method.

In a true Dungeons & Dragons style, you would each be able to pick character class and race and the rest of the skills would be totally determined by how you RP. Depending on the class you choose, you could also have a familiar should you so desire, and you could request it when you set ur character up.

The campaign would send you into a world you know nothing about and many places and people to interact with. The point of the journey would be to try and work out what the heck the powers you have just received do, what restricts them, how to extend them, but more importantly, why you were sent to this world with these powers. With gifts like these powers, there is always either a price or a destiny you must fulfill or destroy. Thus, there are many choices you could make during the campaign that could ultimately change the destiny of the world either against or for the vision i have.

It would most likely mean you may/may not have to set the social environment straight in many places as well as crawl through dungeons to find important or hidden things which will help you along ur way. There would be the possibility of fighting, but I'd be expecting you either use the skills you have from the class (which I would specificy with each class) or the elemental powers. The dungeons would be locked to begin with, so first you'd have to find how to open them, etc.

I'm just posting this here to get people ideas on whether you would enjoy this sort of exploratory, information seeking, problem solving campaign.

Thoughts?

I_D

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I have possibly my most intellegent and epic idea yet.

Last week, I read Shade's Children, by Garth Nix. Suffice to say, it inspired me. Of course, such a moving and brilliant book couldn't fail to do so, but I can wax lyrical about Garth Nix's work at another date.

Ladies, gentlemen and Serebiibots, I would like to introduce Shade's Children: The Lost Living

Brief background info on this enviroment. Fifteen years before the story, an event known as the Change happened. Everyone over fourteen just vanished into thin air, their fates unknown.

A short period of time after this, seven beings known as the Overlords came and enslaved those left. They developed a simple system, but it was a horrific one. Children were grouped into Dormitries for education, but it was all basically for nothing.

At the age of fourteen, children are taken away by the Overlords and their organs, flesh and bone are harvested to create cyborg 'creatures' which serve as the armies of the Overlords. There are only a few known exceptions to this rule of fourteen (as I refer to it), girls left alive until eighteen for breeding purposes to maintain the supply of children.

Yes, horrific. Anyway, the Overlords wage battles against each other using the creatures, much as we play strategy war games. They even have a trophy.

But not all of the children are helpless. The primary power source for the Overlords is something called Change Radiation, as it is what caused the Change. The radiation affects the creatures, powering them and keeping them alive, while also affecting certain children, who develop abilities known as Change Talents.

Some children are able to use their Change Talents to remove the tracer implanted into their wrist (either by somehow disabling it, or simply finding some way to get the thing out of their arm). They then escape and several join a 'resistance' of sorts, known as Shade's Children. They are led by the mysterious Shade, the only being over fourteen at the time of the Change to remain.

So far, so good. Basically, the RPG takes place after the attack on Shade's submarine by the Overlords. I was thinking, what are the odds that only the four main characters would be out on a mission at the time?

Sounds off to me. Hence this. Basically, each character is another member of Shade's Children who was on a mission during the attack, and therefore escaped. The aim is simple: survival. Survival until I end it with Garth Nix's canon ending to the story, which any readers will know and probably love.

So what do you think? The idea will need some devlopment, but so far I'm happy with the basic plot.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
First let me just say that both I_D's and storymasterb's ideas sound awesome.

Second, let me introduce my new idea:

I don't know how many, if any, of you are familiar with The Lost Room, but here's the short version.

Basically, something called The Event occurred on May 4, 1961 in Gallup, New Mexico at exactly 1:20 PM. The Event (it is never really defined in the series as to what the event actually was) erased room 10 of the Sunshine Motel from history. The room and all of its contents disappeared, except for one. The room 10 key. The Key, as it is called, opens a doorway to room 10 when inserted into any key lock on any door. In fact, every Object (capitalization intentional) that was in the room possess an ability that can be anything from the Comb's ability to stop time to the Pencil's ability to create pennies. THe powers are incredibly varied, and as a result there are some Objects that are more sought after than others. The people doing the searching belong to one of two groups: The Order who worships the Objects as being "pieces of God", or The Legion who wants to rid the world of the Objects for the greater good. Obviously, these two groups are always clashing with each other. One key ability that all Objects possess, is that they are completely indestructible. Thus, no matter how hard you try you can not damage an object.

In short, the player's in the RP will be playing as a person who has in some way become aware of the Objects existence and become caught up in the fight between the two secret societies. Players will come to possess Objects, and have full use of their powers.

So, anyone at least a little interested?

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I'm going to be spending some time getting my RPG up and running, but, once I have it settled I like both of those ideas, and would love to participate in them if I'm not too late *goes to work out a few things*

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Thanks for the praise. Your idea looks pretty interesting, especially the Objects.

Just a few more notes on the RPG plan.

This is probably the most important thing I will put in the RPG Sign-Up, I will stress it constantly, so much that after a while your brain will be crammed full of it. Today's laws and restrictions no longer exist. Not one.

All that matters in that world is survival and trying to defeat the Overlords. And to be quite honest, Shade's Children aren't extremely fussed about how they help out. Just keep in mind, the oldest truely living human in that world is nineteen (Shade not counting for a plot spoiler reason.)

This leads to a very serious point, that sex references WILL be present in the RPG. To avoid that would A) be an insult to the greatness of Garth Nix, for actually placing teenagers in that position, and B) be a complete wrecking of canon. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say and you haven't read the book, basically what we consider under-age sex is perfectly alright in the world of Shade's Children. While I won't take this to the extreme of allowing sex in the RPG, be warned that references will crop up and characters can come close, if they feel that strongly about each other. Therefore, if that sort of thing is not something you like, don't get involved.

With that out of the way, a little info on the status of canon characters. The player characters will not have any interaction with the protagonists of the book, save flashbacks. However, there will be some interaction with Overlords (particually the ones not really mentioned in much detail within the book.)

Onto the precarious matter of closure, I will follow the ending to the letter. While this won't involve the protagonists, the characters WILL have an experience offering spoilers to the end of the book.

So that concludes my information, for now. Look out for the RPG in the Sign-Up section!

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
I'm usually not a fan of post-acropalyptic RPGs, but I have an urge to make something. I haven't thought out most of the plot out carefully, but it isn't really that there is a nuclear disaster and every pokemon dies, its more like a gradual approach. It will be set 200 years in the future where pokemon are all gone.

Background/Plot

Evolution is one of the things that never changes in life. Everything is constantly changing and progressing. When humans are added into evolution, everything changes. It is not because they are evolving faster, but they affect other organisms in their habitat. They expand, and kill trees that are homes to many pokemon. This causes some species that can't adapt, to die out and become extinct.

There are some scientists who protest about doing this, about cutting down forests that affect pokemon, but most people did not care. It was their world, wasn't there an unspoken rule of the fittest being able to survive?-And humans were on the top of the food chain, if they could do something for humanity's benefit, then why not do it?

Sadly, this belief led to a horrid result. When pollinators and grass pokemon were killed in insecticides, people felt that their fruits were not growing, and there were no pokemon to pollianate flowers in the gardens. When rock pokemon were killed, many tunnels and caves where thousands of these once lived in, collapsed, and affected the mining and oil industries. The only thing people were glad about were the water pokemon dying, good riddance to those huge things that could control the water and create typhoons. But soon, effects of that started to appear.

Now wondering, why did people think this way?-Weren't humans and pokemon living in harmony like they always did. The answer was simple, you have the dog or Growlithe in this case, which is man's best friend, but does man really think that the dog is his best friend? People can assume, but what does the man really think?

First off, there was something like a dust bowl (remember the Depression?) that killed crops and trees in many parts of the world, and it was especially prominent in Jhoto. After that, pokemon living in the forests were running out of food, and came to towns and cities searching through trash dumpsters or mobbing food from humans. This led to anger among people, and as the years past with more and more of these dust bowls appeared, and soon food became scarce. Humans adapted to this, they formed green houses and used lights to grow plants, but pokemon were affected after a decade of this. Trainers and professors alike told many of the public to help pokemon, but after a decade of pokemon pillaging cities in search of food-in more and more numbers, the public were sick. Children grew up thinking that pokemon were just monsters trying to steal resources, and these same children were the ones who grew up into adults.

The famine ended shortly after 11 years, and by then, many pokemon had died already. When it ended, people returned to growing foods outside and fishing, and found pokemon to be a nuisance-this was when all the insecticide was used and everything described before. And there were major disasters because of this in the long run since pokemon pollianated plants and kept population levels at a standstill...yada yada. Along with that, they were often considered dangerous because of their attacks and caused more dissent.

A group of scientists came up with a solution to this. Humans evolved, why can't pokemon to meet the human's needs for survival? They were too big and dangerous (some of them), so they sped up the process of evolution. With plant pokemon, they altered the genes to make them seem like average flowers and plants, and with bug pokemon, they made them smaller and disallowed them to have attacks. With everything it was the same, a Growlithe could stay the same size, but lost all of its fire attacks. And Ponytas no longer had their flames for tails.

Soon the word animal was used to call Pokemon, and that was how it was. Children grew up with animals and quickly thought that pokemon were a myth.

Yet, the Legendaries of the time, Ho-ho, Lugia, and the rest decided this was dangerous. Their fellow comrades were being lost, and they were quickly losing everything that made them pokemon. With their power, they sealed themselves and what was left of the pokemon into a timeless space of existence where in two hundred years, they would return to Earth and try to see the existance of mankind. They knew that bringing back pokemon could not be done entirely, but showing people that pokemon existed and hopefully see what pokemon were now like. It was a small step forward to say the least.

----

Mankind has been the same after 200 years. The only difference is that everything is solar powered, wind powered, and everything is used with 'clean' power, meaning no oil or fossil fuels. There are bumble bees, the descendents of Beedrills and the dog has taken the part of Growlithe as the family pet.

The legendaries come back to Earth along with some of the remaining pokemon, but there was something unexpected that happened. When the timeless space was broken, all of them got human forms and lost their past memories.

You will be playing as a legendary in the RPG who will look around 15-25 years old, you have no recollections of who you are, but vaguely remember that you're here to change something. Now it is up to regain your memories and find the other people. Pokemon moves can be used, and once you remember things from your past as a pokemon, you can use 'magic', as it is called in these modern times.

-----

Its rather rushed, and I haven't thought out all the details over and everything. And I didn't spell check, so there's probably a dozen spelling errors.

I also wish for a Claymore RPG, and I would totally of made one if I had time.

Last edited:

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Storymasterb, that definitely sounds like something I would join. A friend of mine gave me an advance copy of Shades Children she got from her job at a bookstore, and I've read it quite a few times as it's a really good book. The setting almost appears to be made for RP's.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Thanks Lifesharker. It's a funny story really, how I finally read it, becuase I'd walk past Shade's Children at my school library when I was getting Sabriel or something else by Garth Nix to read. But it was only last week I finally stopped, picked it up and decided 'well, everything else by GN is good. Why not try this?'

I'm SO glad I did, as the story is in my opinion, one of the most touching I've ever read.

I'll be glad to have someone who knows the story in the RPG. It will help out massively, and you will be in a very special position (namely, hazarding a guess at the 'experience' at the end of the RPG. Which incidently, is exactly the same moment as Shade's Children ends...)

I've got the Sign-Up thing ready, I'm just waiting for something from a mod before I post it (namely, an age rating, as I'm not too sure which one is suitable.)

PS: Lifesharker, if you do want to guess at the experience, please PM me. I don't want to spoil the book for people.

angrycaterpie

Gaze upon the slayer
I wish there was a POkemon meets Digimon RPG

You don't lurk much, do you?

Also, I've abandoned every idea for my new RPG:

Street Fighter: New Generation.

It takes place after Street Fighter 4 and before Street Fighter 3- S.I.N. is ultimately destroyed. The fighters in the previous tournament, however, will play a larger part in the story.

From the rubble of S.I.N. comes a new corporation- Melekh Tech, or "King's" Technology. From a modest background to a bustling business, it provided a bustling new economy- and with it, a corrupt secret.

Somebody by the name of Roger Fischer, a Silat Master and an Interpol Detective, and partner of Chun-Li, went for a routine investigation alone to a secluded zone in Osaka- he has not returned in several months.

After that long time period, a new tournament is announced by Melekh Tech- Street Fighter: The New Generation.

The tournament's winner would face the corporation leader, and if they won- they'd have control over the entire world's funds and effectively, become the most powerful man/woman in the world. Hundreds upon thousands of top notch fighters of every stripe appear here to fight for this grand prize.

Some enter for revenge. Some enter to test their strength. And some simply want the world to chant their name.

Which fighter are YOU?
--------------------------

So, first thing you guys will PROBABLY want to know:

Sorry, but you CANNOT be pre-existing SF characters. No being Akuma, Bison, nor anybody else that ALREADY exists.

However, nearly EVERY character in any previous SF game will make a cameo of sorts- no matter how big or small. From Ryu and Zangief, to Adon and Eagle, everyone can get a turn.

Last edited:

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
I have an idea. I was going to make an RPG based off the 80s Anime: Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, and if successful, maybe even go into the sequel anime.

The story basically revolves around a pack of dogs living in Japan, and all are trained to fight against a killer demon bear named Akakabuto. There are a few problems though: One, the fact that Akakabuto himself has an army, and two, that he himself is capable of not only destroying cities, humans, dogs, and even other bears as big as him, but the dogs are not big in numbers, and must travel throughout the world to find other strong canines to join them.

I was thinking of giving it a Pokemon twist though, perhaps making the bears into Ursuring and the dogs into canine Pokemon (Dunno, just a thought), since most people don't seem to know much about the anime itself. I might change the plot as well, but the premisis would be dogs vs. demonic something-or-another.

Any interest?

angrycaterpie

Gaze upon the slayer
^It's... strange to say the least. Very strange. But it's refreshing...

Also, has anyone expressed interest in making a Watchmen RPG?

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Thanks AC, I'm glad it peaked at least a bit of interest. ^^

A watchmen RPG would be interesting, but I'm not quite sure how it would work. If you could get one running, then I would sign up. After the movie i'm sure it will have popularity as well.