• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
@Razor Leaf - I find the idea of a less serious rpg fine and wouldn't mind it. Using Epic Battle Fantasy RPG might be out there. I actually haven't even stumbled upon that flash game until reading your post of making an RPG based on it. I played the game to get a feel for it, and came to two conclusions. One, it was decently good for a flash game (despite their obvious infringement on music rights) and two, it is slightly complicated given the "rules" the game functions on. It probably didn't also help that controls were a bit too stiff to let me play the game smoothly so it was harder to get a feel for the game. Other than that, I probably wouldn't mind an EBF rpg, you might be surprised that the player database might be a bit more lacking than expected.

P.S. - I see how dreary it is right now with coming up with something fresh for pokemon rpg without it being similar to rpgs of past. If only that final fantasy rpg I signed up for didn't die... Also, would definitely try the zelda rpg when it is ready to take sign-ups. At least I would try it once and see if I could get into a more serious rpg setup.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I would play that RPG, but I don't know how to get the game. Could you simply make it so that you don't have to have played the game, or could you give me a link?

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I would play that RPG, but I don't know how to get the game. Could you simply make it so that you don't have to have played the game, or could you give me a link?

you don't download the game. What I did was search epic battle fantasy in google and it should be the first link or so. Not that hard to find it when the name of the game is given.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
There are currently 4 EPF games. 1 and 2 are pretty dire, there's no plot to them (and the first one is rife with copyright infringements). EBF3 is where it all started getting better, and EBF4 is the most recent one to come out. You don't need to have played 1 and 2, I started with 3 and picked up the 'plot' of the first two form the start of it. They are all on Kongregate or ArmorGames.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I've been working on an undercover + jailbreak Teen Titans RPG. But a fun thought for another one occurred to me today (having enjoyed writing for Control Freak in Bron's TT RPG), basically it'd take place after the 'Control Freak vs. Teen Titans East' episode, where he entraps several other young heroes to test their abilities in comparison to the TT Original team and TT East team. It'd be a less serious Teen Titan RPG, with new challenges posted every other week. I guess I'd call it "Control Freak's Tournament/Contest Royal" or something like that. - Anyone up for something like that?

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
I've been working on an undercover + jailbreak Teen Titans RPG. But a fun thought for another one occurred to me today (having enjoyed writing for Control Freak in Bron's TT RPG), basically it'd take place after the 'Control Freak vs. Teen Titans East' episode, where he entraps several other young heroes to test their abilities in comparison to the TT Original team and TT East team. It'd be a less serious Teen Titan RPG, with new challenges posted every other week. I guess I'd call it "Control Freak's Tournament/Contest Royal" or something like that. - Anyone up for something like that?

I might enjoy that... Eh, why not?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

I'd have to see the finished product before I decide. It'd be nice to do another Teen Titans RPG, but the last one I was in, we were basically fighting all the time. I barely knew anything about the other characters. I would like one more in the style of the original TV show (not the current one.) Where the kids live in the tower together, are actually friends, go out for pizza sometimes, and you know do other things besides fighting bad guys.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Um... it won't really be fighting bad-guys that much (not until the end when you actually get a chance to face Control Freak, and let's face the truth, quickly hand his *** to him), it'll be a series of tests he subjects you to... and if the challenges are finished before the end of the two weeks given per challenge (real time, not RPG time); hanging out in the tower, fighting minor baddies at your leisure, and character/friendship developments would all be RPG options for you. . . until the next challenge.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
There are currently 4 EPF games. 1 and 2 are pretty dire, there's no plot to them (and the first one is rife with copyright infringements). EBF3 is where it all started getting better, and EBF4 is the most recent one to come out. You don't need to have played 1 and 2, I started with 3 and picked up the 'plot' of the first two form the start of it. They are all on Kongregate or ArmorGames.

I'll admit, I've been on this site for years now and I don't think I've ever seen an RP from you. Would be interesting to see how you handle these.

I've played Epic Battle Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 (haven't tried 4 yet and I really should), and they definitely do have their appeal, and the plot is only as complex as it really needs to be. I'm not sure how you would go about structuring it, but from what I've seen, it basically breaks down to a mix of fantasy themes and sci-fi themes with a lot of comic relief and goofiness mixed in as well.

A big question is would you let people decide what kinds of spells/abilities they have, or would you make that decision in the form of classes or premade spells?

I'd have to see the finished product before I decide. It'd be nice to do another Teen Titans RPG, but the last one I was in, we were basically fighting all the time. I barely knew anything about the other characters. I would like one more in the style of the original TV show (not the current one.) Where the kids live in the tower together, are actually friends, go out for pizza sometimes, and you know do other things besides fighting bad guys.

Best case scenario is when it's more half and half. Keep in mind, a lot of people like RPing because it gives them a chance to imagine themselves as someone or something and do something they can't in real life, hence where a RP with superheroes has its appeal. If it's too much of the everyday stuff, why imagine yourself doing it when you can just do it in real life and probably get more out of it?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I'll admit, I've been on this site for years now and I don't think I've ever seen an RP from you. Would be interesting to see how you handle these.

I've played Epic Battle Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 (haven't tried 4 yet and I really should), and they definitely do have their appeal, and the plot is only as complex as it really needs to be. I'm not sure how you would go about structuring it, but from what I've seen, it basically breaks down to a mix of fantasy themes and sci-fi themes with a lot of comic relief and goofiness mixed in as well.

A big question is would you let people decide what kinds of spells/abilities they have, or would you make that decision in the form of classes or premade spells?

I haven't run an RPG for a long time, but if you go back through the pages you'l see the ones I've done in the past.

Structure wise I'd try to keep it simple like the games are. I'd set up a world map with different areas and I like to keep people spread out rather than everyone bunching up into one group, so one of the key plot points would be an explosion that separates people to different corners of the map. As for the spells/abilities. Classes will be involved, but I'll porbably set up more than are required. The game has pretty basic classes to draw from (Swords/Melee, Magic, Guns/Melee-Magic, Arrows/Range) so as long as people stick within those realms, their choice of weapon is the only thing that remains. After than some spells will be pre-made, some will be made or at least considered by each person taking part, plus further abilities or the 'evolution' of spells can be developed through the game.

Mr. Owl

Wings of Wisdom
An Epic Battle Fantasy RP would be amazing. I adore that series. I enjoy when games add a humorous spin to a genere, especially fantasy since it's my favorite.

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
I've been watching Monster Quest and then the idea hit me - an RP involving supernatural phenomenon! I haven't really formulated anything but this is more or less where I'm coming from:

The story follows a group of people in search of weird mysteries around the globe. We can add in action elements, doesn't matter but I'd like to have mystery as the primary focus. Not sure if anyone here is familiar with Archie's Weird Mysteries but it's sort of what I'm shooting at with this. This is obviously a very rough idea but I'd like to ask before I pursue it further, would anyone be interested?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I've been watching Monster Quest and then the idea hit me - an RP involving supernatural phenomenon! I haven't really formulated anything but this is more or less where I'm coming from:

The story follows a group of people in search of weird mysteries around the globe. We can add in action elements, doesn't matter but I'd like to have mystery as the primary focus. Not sure if anyone here is familiar with Archie's Weird Mysteries but it's sort of what I'm shooting at with this. This is obviously a very rough idea but I'd like to ask before I pursue it further, would anyone be interested?

I'm already in two RPGs on here that involve supernatural phenomenon, I'm sure I can squeeze in a third. xD

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I want to do a new RP that runs on the power of love and friendship. Basically battle couples fighting for dorm thing. Romance, violence, conspiracy!

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
I'm already in two RPGs on here that involve supernatural phenomenon, I'm sure I can squeeze in a third. xD

I wouldn't want to make anything that's too similar to what you guys are playing already. How about a sci-fi role-play?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
As I tried to post days ago: Your idea wouldn't have been to similar too anything currently running, Black. I tried something like that, but I added a tabloid job and conspearicy theory to it, and that proved to be too much. . . I like sci-fi too though :)

(please excuse the spelling, no spellcheck here.)

Le Prince de Fées

Spirit Conductor
I am working on a Final Fantasy RP at the moment. It is pretty simple, it is mostly similar to the first Final Fantasy game. I wanted to know if anyone was interested in this or even helping me run it?

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Honestly, I'm not sure if there have been any RP's made about the life of an auctioneer pokemon style. Think of Storage Wars in simple terms. Its just that I'm not exactly sure how difficult it can be managed. Especially the bidding aspect of things.