• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

rotrum

Ice Cold
I love W.ITCH too. I rewatched the thing a few months back. I feel like the poeer scaling would be dofficult though. As tvtropes uts it. Within each season the girls dont get stronger. They get smarter and more masterful. Its not a matter of control either. They had perfect control. Powers are introduced but dont get stronger after that...

The source material has a lot of stuff but it differs noticeably from the show.

Since all power is from the Heart of a world it really makes it harder to scale power even if we impose limits not encountered by the girls.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
WITCH got canceled? It didn't feel canceled. It felt like everything was resolved in the last season. Maybe you mean they had more planned and that didn't happen, but they did resolve everything in the last season that did air.

But yea power scaling would be an issue. I think this is better as a fanfiction than an RP.

As for Winx Club, that can be resolved with a bit of Wiki reading. I've watched all the episodes except season 6 and I'll still be doing a fair bit of reading myself. I can handle the mechanics. I just haven't had any ideas for plot and time-frame.

So Tang you're saying it still peeves you too much to sign up. Is that what you're saying?

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
The TV show was based on an Italian comic series, which had a whole lotta arcs that didn't get to be adapted to the TV series. The comic lasted much longer than the show did...

Not to mention that if this became an RP, people will want to use their own characters. Then it wouldn't be W.I.T.C.H anymore. It would be a different acronym. xD

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I had heard it was a WITCH comic at first. I just didn't know the comic continued after the show ended. That would seriously put a damper on making an RP out of it, even with the acronym issue. There's just things that people who didn't read the comic due to access or lack thereof wouldn't know about. I'd definitely try to join up if somebody made a RP out of it, but they'd have to outline the events of the comic too.

And cool Tang. I can get that going soon as I get my life stuff figured out.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I was working on an idea when I came across this page. I was hoping for some input so this is amazing. I know the last post was in August so I'm hoping that this should still be ok to post here. I have not made a roleplay in a while but I used to design plots all the time. I had to quit because where I used to roleplay people seemed to fear too much text.

Anyway back on track, I'm basing this roleplay on a dream that I once had. As a way to describe it, it was a lot like a cross between Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Fairy Tail. There were people in a guild that would help both Pokemon and people. The thing is they had the ability to change into a certain Pokemon. They could also use limited magic as a human and it was affected by the type of Pokemon that they were. There were different guilds each with their own style. However they all represented a sort of symbolic bridge between Pokemon and humans.

I know that in the dream the problem that arose was that something was coming; some sort of judgement. I remember that certain people in the main guild knew more about it because their guild's history was related to it. I also remember learning that Arceus had given the gift of changing into a Pokemon in hopes that it would bring Pokemon and humans closer togeather. It originated in a harsher situation then that but they didn't like to reflect on that part. It was at that point that I woke up.

I've been kind of filling in the blanks for an idea for a roleplay. There was more to the dream about the character that I seemed to follow. The first head of the guild was the one who first received the gift. Also the only way to receive the gift was to join a guild. Arceus had created an orb which unlocked the ability and it basically gave you the Pokemon that you related to the most, like a spirit Pokemon. You could evolve as a Pokemon if you gained enough battle experience or if you managed to become extremely in synch with your Pokemon self.

I was thinking for the roleplay eventually having Arceus appear again to either test the world or something along those lines. I was also thinking that maybe the guilds were competing or feuding with one another. Sorry for all the text, I might have left some things out but that should be enough for now. I would love to hear any thoughts, tips or anything along those lines. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I was working on an idea when I came across this page.

I'm with you, dreams can often spring up fantastic ideas.

I like the idea and definitely think it's something that would make a great RP, but I think the goal of the guilds is a little unclear. Sure, you could have the guilds competing or feuding with each other, but we need reasons for that to be the case. What can one guild who triumphs over the others have to gain? Rank, money, fame, and/or fortune, or is there some other kind of prize that awaits for the best guild to come and get it?

Another alternative is the guilds are called to band together to fight some other kind of adversary that may not have the same power to become Pokémon ability that they do, but instead has some other kind of special ability or whatever. This other enemy could be out to destroy the guilds because their ideals conflict with theirs. You could also turn this RP into a PVP one where you have participants signing up for both sides.

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
Thank you for the interest and support. I'm currently trying to get my thoughts organized on this. I've typed up a few things already. The setting and plot is mostly the only part left. I'm interested in the points that you made and I'm actually leaning towards a combination of things.

I've always been a fan of plot twists and I've always wanted to incorporate one into a roleplay. I think this has the potential for one along with so many other things . It's a matter of finding one that suits the conditions of a roleplay. From past experience I know that they can be unstable so they have to be capable of some form of change. I also know that the amount of participants is random so it has to be able to adapt to that as well. I'm probably over thinking things and I know I can't control things but I like to cover what I can, if possible.

I will probably provide quests that people from any guild can complete as a filler or even a starter. I do like the idea of a common enemy. It's a matter of npc or another player? I also know that the placement of the guilds is still unstable in the setting. They aren't that new but they are currently growing in popularity. Each guild has their own ideals and styles. I know that with anything that has separate factions there is always a competitive environment involved. I will keep thinking about it though untill I get the time to sit down again and type some things up.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Y'know what I miss here? A decent, regular Pokemon-themed RP. nothing too big, maybe something like the goldenrod city under Team Rocket takeover-ish. Not necessarily that specific plot, but something similar.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Thank you for the interest and support. I'm currently trying to get my thoughts organized on this. I've typed up a few things already. The setting and plot is mostly the only part left. I'm interested in the points that you made and I'm actually leaning towards a combination of things.

I've always been a fan of plot twists and I've always wanted to incorporate one into a roleplay. I think this has the potential for one along with so many other things . It's a matter of finding one that suits the conditions of a roleplay. From past experience I know that they can be unstable so they have to be capable of some form of change. I also know that the amount of participants is random so it has to be able to adapt to that as well. I'm probably over thinking things and I know I can't control things but I like to cover what I can, if possible.

I will probably provide quests that people from any guild can complete as a filler or even a starter. I do like the idea of a common enemy. It's a matter of npc or another player? I also know that the placement of the guilds is still unstable in the setting. They aren't that new but they are currently growing in popularity. Each guild has their own ideals and styles. I know that with anything that has separate factions there is always a competitive environment involved. I will keep thinking about it though untill I get the time to sit down again and type some things up.

The other thing I think I should mention is whatever opposes the main guilds should have a sound amount of power and threat level to them. It's a bit of a balancing act where you want the adversaries to have power and pose some kind of challenge and threat to the guilds, but not seem too overwhelming where there's just no hope.

Personally, I feel PVP RP situations seem to get the best results as when RPers are just fighting NPCs, the RPers always seem to let themselves win with very minimal challenge. PVP keeps that in check by putting in realistic scenarios where both sides will reap successes and losses and RPers will genuinely work toward improving and helping their own side to win.

Tangeh

As a coincidental side note to the above two posts, I've been developing a pokemon themed PVP off and on for the last month and recently got to finishing typing out the plot just last week. It's sort of post-apocalyptic and humans have vanished from the planet in the context that Calem and Serena fail to stop the ultimate weapon - you can either be on the side that seeks to restore the world, or the side that wants humans gone forever. I'm just working on polishing it and getting my characters ready, so keep an eye out for it shortly. I love PvP. ^^ I'm always up for pokemon-themed RPs so I'll be on the lookout for yours TrainerMaria. :)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Maria: I don't really know much about Fairy Tail, so I don't really see how it works into your RPG idea... though is sounds pretty standard PMD, which usually work out well.

Tangeh: That sounds like a pokemon RPG I'd be up for playing in. But which side to play...?

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
(Tangeh)

I'm really curious to read about that Tangeh. It sounds like it should be fun. I'm interested in how they disappeared and what sort of environment is occuring because of it.

(VampireateMace)

I am quite behind on the Fairy Tale series and it has been a while. What I do remember of it is mostly how the guilds were set up. You join a guild that usually interacts with one another like a large family. You can end up going on quests with anyone in the guild and you never have to remain with a certain team. There is also the option to do things on your own. There are quests pinned up that you can pick according to what rank you are. The harder quests are reserved for those who have the appropriate rank.

There was usually one guild per area but it was common for guilds and their surronding town to be self prideful. It wasn't uncommon for guilds to be caught feuding with one another.

Every guild has a sort of head master and they can organize a specific party for certain missions if they deem it necessary. The guild master would also handle new recruits and any other guild related business.

It's actually really similar to the second PMD now that I think about it. The only difference is you don't really graduate out of the guild. You can leave it for a really long quest for months or even years but it always serves as your home base.

(Avenger Angel)

I'm still debating on a few things but I definitely agree on the points that you have made. I'm making progress and the setting part is coming togeather nicely which is starting to help build the plot.

Edit: Working on making this at the moment and thanks for all of the input.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
With my Greek god idea dead, time to look for other potential ideas to do an RP on

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Anyone have any ideas or RP things they wanna see happen?

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Anyone have any ideas or RP things they wanna see happen?
I'm trying to run a post-apocalyptic Digimon RP on another site, but it's not going so well.

I've been nursing an idea about a Magi: Labyrinth of Magic and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon crossover (still), but people might not be too into that. :/

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Corrosion

Digimon? Did you say Digimon? I've been meaning to play an RP of one ever since I've watched the whole season of Xros Wars. But haven't found any I wanna join in on yet.

@DVB

Well, some time ago I had an idea for a Digimon RP that is set in a semi-futuristic world that's like ours in a middle of war between Digimon and humans vs. humans. Because, I was thinking, some people don't like the idea of Digimon doing things like people and then a Digimon ends up assassinating a President, leading to the war because the Vice-President ended basically enslaving Digimon (of that country) and changing the people's minds because of the assassination. But I don't really have the guts to host an RP (and I'm not so sure if I have the time to either) and I noticed it's a bit like Shadow Necrosis. X/