• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
I'm sorry I've been procrastinating my sign-up ugh. I was going to do it tonight but the power went out so I had no internet. It just came back on so I'll see what I can do.

I want to make a gijinka character, but I can do another one from one of the other types too if that helps?

It's alright; you can take your time. You can make whatever SU you want. Other kinds of characters would neither slow down nor help the plot.

Indigo IV

Shadowcaster
Would anyone be interested in a Final Fantasy RP at all? I haven't decided the setting yet since final fantasy bounces between medieval fantasy , sci fi fantasy, and a place in between those two. Although, I have yet to see the crystals implemented in a sci fi fantasy setting yet, so there's an idea. Any thoughts on this idea would be appreciated.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Would anyone be interested in a Final Fantasy RP at all? I haven't decided the setting yet since final fantasy bounces between medieval fantasy , sci fi fantasy, and a place in between those two. Although, I have yet to see the crystals implemented in a sci fi fantasy setting yet, so there's an idea. Any thoughts on this idea would be appreciated.

The only FF game I've played is Crystal Chronicles, but I've seen people play it enough to get it. I'd be up for it.

Titan500

Solar Panels
I'd always be up for one.

Been fond of ShinRa from FF7 for a long time. Mostly because all the employees are just normal folks who work for a corrupt megacorp. And may have superpowers.

Indigo IV

Shadowcaster
Glad to see some interest. Well, the Final Fantasy RP I was working on ended up being similar to RWBY, which is inspired by Final Fantasy in the first place. I may actually use the Final Fantasy plot that I made and just set it in the RWBY universe, and I'll use a more high fantasy setting with some advanced technology here and there for the Final Fantasy RP.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
The only Final Fantasy I played longest was I think five... Oh, no, it was six, and two on the original Playstation. But in seriousness, if the story is interesting and there are enough details for someone who hasn't played much Final Fantasy, I think I might join in. Keyword: might, as I've been rather unmotivated in RPing lately. That reminds me, I still have to make a post...

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Still hoping for some Armored Core sign-ups. So I decided to post a few inserts from the last attempt at running it. Just to get some excitement drummed up.

Beatrice sighed. These meetings were always the same. A lengthy spiel about organizations she didn't know fighting over things she didn't care about. Why Collard wasn't content to simply give them the information the same way they received the mission invitation itself was beyond her. Already, she could hear Theo's voice. "Probably because they know you wouldn't read that one all the way either." he'd say, or something like that at least. And sure enough, she could see him smiling out of the corner of her eye.

Sometimes, she thought that the only reason she put up with him was because of how useful he was. But, through it all, he was at the very least good company. She'd probably have gone crazy dealing with all this herself if it wasn't for him. She'd thank him, but she knew he knew, and that was good enough for her.

And now some hot shot pilot was interrogating the Collard agent about the mission details. And to her surprise, the redhead actually managed to turn the tables on the stiff. She decided she liked this... "Scarlet" person. She frowned a bit more. She hated how Collard liked to keep up the code names even in official briefings. They probably thought it sounded cool or was a useful security measure or something, but Beatrice always found it impersonal, as if they wanted to avoid making an actual connection with the pilots. Which, knowing Collared, was probably the real reason for it.

None of the other pilots really stood out to her. The mission briefing was quickly derailing in the background, but Beatrice was bored of it already. She'd just ask Theo for the important bits later. Instead, she was watching the other pilots. none of them seemed to stand out that much. They looked like the standard fare you'd see around here, for the most part. Even Scarlet, for all her tact, didn't seem to be that different from the others. They all stared on, listening to the briefing like good little soldiers. Or at the very least pretending to. Her eyes scanned the crowd until they hit two dark pools.

Beatrice blinked. The woman across the table, the Asian one, was staring right at her. Unflinchingly. It was... a bit unnerving. Beatrice raised an eyebrow, and was met with a slight tilt of the head. But nothing more. The other woman had yet to so much as blink. Slightly concerned, Beatrice turned her attention to the front, trying to ignore the other woman's gaze despite the fact that she could still feel it.

And just like that, the meeting ended.

"Well, that was certainly interesting." Beatrice gave a yawn as she stood up from her chair. She'd want to have a few words with that Scarlet woman, but now probably wasn't the time. Before the mission perhaps. She exited the briefing room, choosing to simply lean against the hallway wall.

"What do you think?" Theo asked.

"Of course I'm in. I wouldn't be here otherwise." She gave a small nod, as if that settled it.

Theo simply smiled. "Of course."

Two of the pilots had since left, but most of them had stuck behind. It would be interesting to see just how big a cut they'd get for all this trouble.

Libya
Mission Time 00:05

"They're not civilians, they're enemy combatants," Claire growled over the comm. She swirled into a series of quick-boosts that launched her off the side of a building and brought her above the streets. From her new vantage point she spotted six vehicles, each equipped with heavy machine guns, heading their direction. She let loose with a volley of missiles and ended the threat before it could really manifest.

"The minute they decided to pick up weapons and shoot at us they became the enemy," she snapped, though she wasn't quite sure who she was trying to convince. Truthfully, she had no problem killing when she had to. It was part of the job. Armed combatants, regardless of their weaponry, were a threat and needed to be stopped before they could deal further damage. It was the unarmed--the people stuck in their midst--that made her hesitate.

"Have Archer and Orphan break off," she called out, hoping Theo, Mariette, and Juliana would get the idea. She throttled down back to street level as a missile screamed past her. "Sniper positions. Cover us as we make our move."

"And what might that be?" Ezekiel grunted against the increasing G-force of a quick-boost. He'd shot into the air to skim rooftops and look for a good vantage point. Unfortunately, with buildings so uniformly-sized and packed-together, finding a good spot would be difficult.

"Split up," Claire said. "Speed, with me down the empty corridor. Power, punching holes. Tarot, find them an empty building to blow through."

"Roger that," Theo said, understanding Claire's intent after a flash. "Speartip and Thanatos, you're with Scarlet down that street." He pulled up Beatrice's systems. "Vega, I'm pinging your equipment for a field layout. Brief power flux in three seconds."

Beatrice swung around for cover as Theo rerouted a portion of power to her off-system scanners. He ran a quick-check and sent Beatrice the highlighted results on her HUD.

"Vega and Titan, I've marked an alternate route," he said. "Avoiding the building and non-combatant casualties." He was struck by an idea and keyed in a last-minute change. "Follow it and you'll come into flank position should Scarlet's group come under fire."

"Juliana--er, Celeste--I'm transferring Scarlet's operating protocols to your console. Have Thanatos and Speartip link up with her," he keyed in a few commands and brought up the rest of the team on the screen. "Linking with Titan now." He swiped Claire's layout over to Juliana's console and brought Davis's over to his. "Seer, you're still operating for Orphan and Archer."

Theo brought up his two pilots' schematics, weapons, and read-outs. He pulled down a coordinate-grid overlay, marking out the buildings the two needed to break through. He ran the math (with the help of the Operating program).

"I've calculated a speed and firing solution for the both of you. Grenades only," he announced to Titan and Vega. "It's taken into account your individual acceleration and speed, individual weapon effectiveness, and collective damage readout. Follow the commands and fire when prompted. You should make it through in approximately 50 seconds."

Claire shot down to Benjamin and Cynthia. The trio maneuvered through a few quick turns and accelerated down the long strip of road with a steady boost, rapidly increasing speed.

"Celeste, it looks like we're in the--" she was about to say 'clear', but should have known better. Such optimistic statements were the usual summoning words for reversals in fortune.

Heavy fire slammed into her machine, and she briefly lost control. The Valkyria slammed against the street as more fire opened up on them. But it wasn't combatants on cars with machine guns anymore.

"Normals!" Claire shouted over the open comm., hoping to warn the rest. She pivoted her craft and boosted out of the line of fire just as another barrage ripped apart the space she'd just occupied. "Take them out!"

"Was that all really necessary?" Serra asked, sliding back into her chair. Lance was leaning over her seat, one hand resting on the back while the other rested against the flight console and supported his weight. Serra was distinctly aware of how close he was; she could feel the heat of his body across that small space between them. She could see the pulse in his neck, the tightness of his arms; muscles coiled and ready. So powerful and alive, and so thoroughly terrifying.

He had that look; just the barest hit of a smirk, the faintest curling-up of one corner of his mouth. Barely noticeable to; but to Serra, he might as well have been sneering.

"Asking for pay? Of course it was," Lance almost-scoffed. He peeled himself away from her, and Serra was struck by how not-unusual it was to feel that sudden distance and separation. Lance from up-close and Lance from afar weren't so different.

"What kind of horrifying creature just offers up his slayer-services for the fun of it? Free of charge?" Lance chuckled, with a voice Serra had come to recognize as not-quite his and his alone.

"Some kind of monster," Serra deadpanned, watching as the smirk spread further over Lance's face. She chuckled despite herself. Lance was, as always, absolutely fascinating.

"And we wouldn't want them thinking that now, would we?" Lance mused, his voice low.

"Not yet, at least," Serra whipped back.

Lance laughed. "Of course." He pulled back, disappearing into the back of the transport. "Prep for air-drop."

"You're flying on ahead without me?" Serra teased, deadpan. She strapped herself tighter into the seat.

"You promised them three minutes." Lance spoke through the gloom of the dimly-lit hold. "I'd hate to leave them waiting dead in the water."

Serra heard the telltale clangs of the White Glint opening and the mechanical whirl of Lance locking himself in the Core. She keyed in the command to open the cargo bay and drop the Glint. The door opened and the sky whipped in.

"And to think I just brushed my hair," she sighed, shaking her head.

"I always preferred you looking a bit more...flustered," Lance's voice cut over the comm. system.

Serra smiled to herself. Always the charmer; he'd never let her get the last word in. Still...it didn't mean she had to give up every time.

"Releasing the White Glint," she said suddenly. The AC released suddenly and dropped from the transport's belly. Serra savored the half-surprised gasp and rush of Lance's breath over the comm. And she could hear the smile on his face as he hummed his amusement, flared the overboost, and ripped towards the horizon. Hers joined it.

And then she was alone again. And feeling all-together the same.

He was gone.

Immersed fully in the moment. In the screech of steel-on-steel. In the whirl of missiles, the hissing flash of energy bolts. Fully absorbed into the pull of the AMS link so that he--in that place and time--did not truly know where he ended and the White Glint began.

He was lost.

And there was only the heady thrum. The pulsing rhythm of sea and waves and fire. Of red-skied morning and red-mooned night blurring together at dawn and sunset--though he preferred the latter of both--that brought the tempo of that moment, heavy with the notes of death, to a fever-pitch.

He was beyond.

Beyond reason and instinct, beyond intellect and savagery; there is a place and state of being where they all intersect. Where they claw themselves together under the banner of a single idea, a concept--a single all-enlightening, all-consuming thought. A word.

Survival.

The notes went white-hot and crackled. And the world went bright until its edges crept with darkness and everyone went blind. And the moon rose in the sky, leering, fat, and red. And in that red-lit blackness there was no one else but him. And yet, he was not alone.

Never alone.

He felt the thing well in dark spaces behind his eyes. Felt it watch as the music came to a fever pitch. Felt the Hunger and the Need shiver up through him and call out. Felt it rise up within him from the place his soul might once have been and spread its enormous wings out over the sky. And chuckle.

The Dark Passenger...

"Area clear," a voice spoke, and reality came flooding back. At once, Lance became distinctly aware of the confines of the Core, of the low hum of the luminium engine, of the faint chirp of the Glint's systems. Not that he hadn't known of these things before. They had just seemed so...inconsequential.

"All hostiles have been eliminated," a firm voice announced over the comm. But the voice was a lie. Not in what it said, but how it was said. Try as she might, Serra couldn't ever really hide her vulnerability. Not from him. Not from the Passenger.

"Negligible damage," Serra continued, reporting on the status of the Glint. "Initial scans indicate a slight power deviation in the right-front booster during 00:02:09 to 00:02:15; as well as a link-synchronicity decrease for a frame of 8.25 non-consecutive seconds."

"Within parameters," Lance said, easing the White Glint over the water towards the Leonidas Group carrier.

"But still up 17 percent from last time," Serra countered.

"Ammunition expenditure?" Lance asked.

"68 percent remaining. Again, within parameters, but higher than expected," Serra said, predicting Lance's answer.

"The enemy appeared in greater-than-expected numbers," Lance said. He landed the Glint on the main deck and began to cycle down the combat-systems. "Deviations are to be expected."

"Accuracy was at 92 percent," Serra deadpanned.

Lance narrowed his eyes and frowned in frustration. He ignored the condescending chuckle of the Passenger.

"Then I suppose it's time for--"

"A tune-up," Serra said, anticipating his answer once again.

Lance laughed, slipping on the impeccable mask of good-natured humanity. "You know the drill. Let's have some of these Leonidas people load us back up and we'll head home."
Serra closed out of the Operating program and packed the holographic displays away, though she saved the mission briefing and update board for last. Truthfully, Lance hadn't been the only one performing sub-par on the mission. She'd been just as distracted--if not more-so--by the periodic updates and reports of a Collared mission in Libya.

The automated updates sent over by the mission Operators' programs had piqued her interest, though she didn't know why. It was a strange feeling, a tingling sensation on the back of her neck, a hitch in her breath, an increase in heart-rate, none of which she could explain or understand where they'd come from. But it was a feeling. A gut instinct. And if her time with Lance had taught her anything, it was to follow those instincts, those invisible forces.

The Need.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I may start a new RP to avoid stagnation here in the section, but I'm trying to figure out what could be creative yet simple enough that people have heard of?

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Well, with a recent game that came out, Ori and the Blind Forest, with a bit of creativity, I think the game could function as an RPG, given that I'd have to put some work on fleshing out the casts you could play as, mainly figuring out what the species from the game were called. All I know is that I probably would make it a adventure type RPG with focus mainly on exploring and running away/fighting through areas, pending the character you made. I might expand on this if there is some interest. Also, a spyro rpg wouldn't be a bad thing to do, pending which spyro series you will use as backstory and which ones didn't exist in said rpg.

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
Would anyone be down for a Scifi style RPG? I have an idea for a space exploration kind of story if there is interest. Basic idea is its during the space colonial age, as humans are leaving our solar system in order to colonize new planets. It would focus on a crew who's job it is to travel to these new settlements to check in on how they are faring and deliver supplies. It won't be that simple though, as the alien planets are gonna be filled with messed up stuff to make the RPG interesting.

Ideally I would want maybe 4-6 people who would assume the roles of the crew members, each specializing in something that helps on the missions (mechanic, doctor, etc.) You would travel to locations across the galaxy and find out what is happening and how to best fix it.

So yeah, if there is interest let me know, and I'll try to make it into an RPG! Otherwise I'll just keep it as a story I'm working on. And if you want more info, just ask me. I've got it thought out pretty well.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Hmm... I think it'd be fun doing a space exploration RP. I've never tried one, so it'd be a nice experience. It's something I've yet to see here in the RP forums. It's hard enough finding a planet, add in aliens and it's that much harder, so yeah. I'm pretty interested.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
A Space exploration RP does sound like an interesing idea...

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, I'd be game for a Space Exploration RPG. . . I started writing 2 space RPGs, a survival one and an exploration one, but the survival one won my attention. Anyways I have the char I'd have used mostly written.

I'm working on a strange little project right now that involves summoning spirits via crystals, and journeying through the jungle, to booby trapped temple, where there's said to be a crystal containing a 'genie' spirit strong enough to rewrite the universe. It sounds like a string of clichés now that I've boiled it down to one sentence, but I suspect it'll be fun anyways.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I did have an idea for a Zelda RP... I might do something with it if not the space one or the other idea

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
A Zelda RP would be cool. I'd definitely be in for that.

Also hey RP crew.

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I want to gauge interest in this, since I've had an idea floating around for a while now.

So, I want to make a return to the Serebii RPG section, since I've had good times here. I recently picked up the Mass Effect trilogy and once I get my own Xbox 360 in a few weeks, I'm planning to play through all the games again, uni allowing. What I had in mind was a Mass Effect RPG.

In terms of what I've discussed with Griff, my preliminary ideas are to allow humans, krogan, turians, quarians, salarians, drell, volus and vorcha as player characters, and let players choose from the six classes you can choose from in ME3's multiplayer: Adept, Engineer, Infiltrator, Sentinel, Soldier, and Vanguard.

We haven't done much work on the plot, but we're thinking of setting it in the gap between Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 to minimise the amount people need to know about the universe and because it seems to be a time with decent potential for plots.

So, yeah, who'd be interested?

Tangeh

Eh, I wanted to try to make a pokemon RP with teens who suddenly found themselves able to turn into pokemon due to some sort of radiation accidentally (or purposefully?) caused by some villainous team, but I'm struggling with the details beyond that point. The team would probably want to capture them for experiment purposes, maybe? Or to avoid charges of gross negligence? xD Or perhaps they could be stuck as pokemon and be forced to seek out *insert legendary here* for assistance on turning back into humans? Pretty generic, but sometimes that's for the best.