• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Not ready to post. Still have some bugs to tinker out. P= And some other things. xD Any case, I'll work it on for a day more or so...maybe...

Skillfulness

Gosh it's been years, still hesitant to dip my toes back into the RPG waters, but I'm on summer vacation, might as well. How does a Pokemon Theme Park horror story RPG sound? Gotta start brainstormming some sick Pokemon themed rides...

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Gosh it's been years, still hesitant to dip my toes back into the RPG waters, but I'm on summer vacation, might as well. How does a Pokemon Theme Park horror story RPG sound? Gotta start brainstormming some sick Pokemon themed rides...

Ha, ha, I like that idea. You could even build on that with demonic carnival games, freak show horrors, and night and day threats as well. The premise could be that the whole place is surrounded by walls and it's impossible for the characters to escape by traditional means.

Oh yes, and don't forget zombie clowns.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I have an idea for like a slightly dark Pokemon idea. Basically one on the ancient world with Pokemon. Like Conan the Barbarian with Pokemon. Those who could partner with Pokemon were considered heroes, champions and so on and alchemy of sorts was practiced to ensnare Pokemon under control like the Pokelantis crown

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Would this be anything like Jurassic Park? Vicious Pokémon get lose, and you have to escape?

Skillfulness

Would this be anything like Jurassic Park? Vicious Pokémon get lose, and you have to escape?

Kinda, I was maybe thinking a quarantine would be implemented on the island as mutant experiments esacpe and rampage. Our job to survive/escape/figure out what the heck is going on. Play heroics or save yourself, up to you but it'll be difficult to do either way.

explorer of sky

How bout a nightmare created by darkri that they can't escape from?
Bonus points if said rides or attractions represent there inner demons.

Last edited:

Cobalt XIV

After finally getting around to watching Penny Dreadful, a series that has grown on me. I would like to see a supernatural RP. It's a genre close to my heart. I have some ideas for one, but I'd rather just be a player in an RP. Maybe it could center around a town that attracts strange events and creatures and a select few people with even stranger gifts, heritage, or traits that are tasked with protecting the town. I figured it would have to be a small group, maybe 5-7 to keep everything moving along well enough. It wouldn't necessarily have to be localized either, as it could be a team called in to handle events that happen around the nation or world, like a monster of the week, but with a larger threat lurking.

If an RP like this doesn't happen or isn't in the works then I may just have to make one myself. Would anyone be interested in an RP like this in the first place? I'm not sure how well the supernatural or fantasy genre goes over on this forum.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I usually get some takers for paranormal RPGs, but group mission RPGs can die horribly pretty if someone decides to leave, so the plot should account for that. I actually have a couple ideas for how a paranormal control/cop RPG might work, but nothing started.

Cobalt XIV

My idea was going to revolve around a world in which supernatural elements existed, but not everyone realized it other than a select few who had survived supernatural events, trained hard enough to be aware of them, or had a strong natural awareness of supernatural activities. A modern day Yu Yu Hakusho would be an accurate description, but instead it would focus on the spirit detective side of things. That would allow there to be a larger agency that sent detectives out on different cases. If anyone dropped out or stopped posting, it could be said that they were on a case and never came back. If the player wanted to come back the group could go on a rescue mission or something.

Skillfulness

.....I've been sitting on this idea for a while. I'm not sure how well recieved the webcomic Homestuck is on this site, but I believe a Homestuck based RPG could be a really fun time. In the comic, a bunch of kids get a game to play together which is similar to the Sims, but you play on each others environments in real life. Then a ton of crazy stuff happens and that's where it gets interesting. I'm just wondering if there would be any interest and if anyone would like to GM with me. It'd be a big undertaking because it's a rather complicated game, but it has high potential if people like the idea. Let me know what y'all think.

Pyroli

Banned
.....I've been sitting on this idea for a while. I'm not sure how well recieved the webcomic Homestuck is on this site, but I believe a Homestuck based RPG could be a really fun time. In the comic, a bunch of kids get a game to play together which is similar to the Sims, but you play on each others environments in real life. Then a ton of crazy stuff happens and that's where it gets interesting. I'm just wondering if there would be any interest and if anyone would like to GM with me. It'd be a big undertaking because it's a rather complicated game, but it has high potential if people like the idea. Let me know what y'all think.

I'd totally be on board! I'm kinda out of the loop with Homestuck but I really enjoyed it and I still have a pretty good knowledge base on it, I could probably give you a hand if you tried that. I think there's a few fans on the site I know of, and if it was explained well enough, even non fans might enjoy it.

Skillfulness

Yeah, I've been on the Homestuck Wiki a lot to figure out the rules of the game enough to get an RPG going. I think the biggest potential issue is it requires a lot of dedication. If anyone drops out, I wouldn't know how to continue. Having a co-GM would be really helpful too, Homestuck being the gigantic thing that it is. There's soooooooooooo many aspects to Sburb that would make it a really fun RPG, but also complicated to set up :p

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I wish that the minimum post lengths rule became shorter. I guess a change like that might encourage people to be lazy but it could possibly increase the number of RP's that get attempted.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I wish that the minimum post lengths rule became shorter. I guess a change like that might encourage people to be lazy but it could possibly increase the number of RP's that get attempted.

That sounds insane. The Post length rule is set at 200 words. For comparison. your post had 34 words...more than 1/8 of the minimum requirements for an RPG. I'm not sure how you could really justify the length of posts getting shorter. Anything less really becomes essentially useless. You can't get much of anything across in such a small post. And it'd likely only lead to one-sentence/one-line posts where people essentially turn the entire RPG into a chat with a line or two of description. And most people can't pull off good writing like that...and if you can, you're Hemingway, so why are you RPing on a Pokemon site?

For another comparison. My post was 131 words. If you can't write a little less than twice that, why are you RPing?

Tangeh

200 words doesn't sound like much, but if all you need to do is use 20 words to initiate a conversation and you have 180 of pure filler, it can slow things down and even cause writer's block, especially for the less experienced. It's honestly just a different atmosphere having rules regarding post length. Instead of 5+ small posts a day on faster casual forums you get maybe two bigger ones a week here. Quality over quantity is all. I prefer the minimum because it attracts better writers, but I can see how it might be a turn off for some.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
It becomes a text or chat rpg at that point. There's so much else, so much more subtext, that goes on during a conversation. Twenty words is literally "[Dialogue]," s/he said. "[Dialogue]."

That's a text/chat rpg and it's not what the originators of the rpg forum wanted. Id rather have quality over quantity. A pile of mud is just mud no matter how much of it you have.

Tangeh

Well, potentially yes, but that's not exactly how it works from what I've seen. I find here I'm sometimes asking and answering four or five different lines of text at once, whereas on a more casual forum it would always be one at a time, which is easier to read and write and amounts to literally the same thing, just spread out over more than one post if that makes sense. Then when you actually have something substantial to say it turns into a post more reminiscent of what you'd see here.

Anyways, Soaring Pika wasn't trying to argue one way or the other was better and neither am I, I think they were just questioning how niche it is and if that's restricting activity. This is a forum for a pokemon fansite, so that's a valid question. Personally I appreciate the higher quality here and say it's easy enough to go elsewhere if you don't like the word minimum. If activity on these forums were low it might be something to look at, but I don't think it's an issue now. ^^;