• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

ruby rose

I was hoping to befriend a few people and get settled in a with this community (I'm new). If you'd invite me to G rated rps I'd love that. (Preferably anthro).

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
It is a quality thing. I find that people who cannot make the 200 word minimum are usually either very poor RPGers (who can derail an RPG fatally with one post), poor writers (who won't ever use punctuation or capital letters), or not very interested in the RPG (and will continue to produce inferior posts until they quit altogether), so I would also prefer that rule remains in place. If you want to text chat, you can use PMs or VMs.

Rose, this thread isn't really for that. But you can join RPGs here by posting a sign-up in any of the current RPG sign-up threads (as long as they don't say invitation only, but I think I've only ever seen one invitation only RPG here anyways). Unless the there's a rating in the thread title, it's G rated (I believe).

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I agree on mostly all those points but novice RP'ers need to start somewhere. Becoming a "pro" comes later. We do not want to scare everyone away like this was a writing exam or something. Although I will admit that I have not been paying attention to the levels of activity.

A pile of mud is just mud no matter how much of it you have.
I have seen some very nicely shaped sculptures made out of mud.

The case for keeping the minimum the same is a valid one though.

Last edited:

cmats4020

Would anyone be willing to play a World of Warcraft RP? I can always try to make one, but I, in no way, can manage it completely.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
Would anyone be interested in an RPG where Pokemon are transported to the real world? (or maybe the Zelda, Mario, or Harry Potter worlds?)

Would anyone be willing to play a World of Warcraft RP? I can always try to make one, but I, in no way, can manage it completely.

I can imagine the wizardlings in Hogwarts thinking "Let's get Pokemon in here!" and then figuring out it isn't what it seems like. xD Probably as hard as strong magical creatures. The hi-jinx is fun to think about. Imagine if the dex info were really spot-on. xD

Last edited:

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I can imagine the wizardlings in Hogwarts thinking "Let's get Pokemon in here!" and then figuring out it isn't what it seems like. xD Probably as hard as strong magical creatures. The hi-jinx is fun to think about. Imagine if the dex info were really spot-on. xD

Assuming you were replying to me, yes, I think some Pokemon would be as hard as say, the Chinese Fireball, to handle. Others, maybe Eevee or Jigglypuff, I could see being sold at the Magical Menagerie.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
That sounds like a pretty amusing mash-up. I was kind of thinking of doing a Harry Potter world RPG, that takes place somethere other than Hogwarts, like in Diagon Alley (and Knockturn by proxy) or at a World Cup.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I'm down for Harry P meets Pokemon. sounds like a good, yet somehow dangerous idea for anyone involved if we do follow the dex-entries like mentioned.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
That sounds like a pretty amusing mash-up. I was kind of thinking of doing a Harry Potter world RPG, that takes place somethere other than Hogwarts, like in Diagon Alley (and Knockturn by proxy) or at a World Cup.

If a couple more people show interest, I could try to start one, but if you want to, you can do it, Vampiratemace

Would RPers be Pokemon, Wizards, or both? I was thinking both, maybe.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I'd say RP'ers would be wizards, since it sounds more like a regular Pokemon trainer RP, but with Harry Potter elements.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I'd say RP'ers would be wizards, since it sounds more like a regular Pokemon trainer RP, but with Harry Potter elements.

Okay, sounds good. Let's hope a few more people show interest, because only three RPers isn't all too much.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
It sounds interesting, but I'd have to see the Sign Up thread before I decide. :p

Sounds good. I just wanted to know who was interested in it.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
If a couple more people show interest, I could try to start one, but if you want to, you can do it, Vampiratemace

Would RPers be Pokemon, Wizards, or both? I was thinking both, maybe.

The idea I was working on was straight HP world, no pokemon involved, so I'd leave working out the details of this RP to you. But in my opinion, the players should be wizards. I did an RP once where people could be either (pokemon or trainers), but there's always weird stuff to sort out when you do that, and HP already has weird stuff to deal with. Obviously the moral of this story will be something like, Prof McG screaming, 'Magic and Technology do NOT mix!'

Tangeh

I'm down for Harry Potter for the record (*depending on the plot/ type of RP), pokemon crossover or not. I've tended to avoid them in the past because I guess it's just too tempting to godmod/ Mary Sue your characters in that universe (seriously, last one I saw half of the RPers played first/ second years that were animagi...), but I haven't seen one on these forums yet so I'll reserve judgement haha. :p

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
^That definitely was not an RPG I was running, though I did have a sign-up where the player thought a purple pocket-sized horse that talked was an okay pet (not in my universe, not in any universe, well, except Littlest Pet Shop). The [non-pokemon] one I'm working on will allow for witches/wizards of different skill levels, but there will be some special restrictions that will pop-up during the course of the RPG.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I know a few RPs are relatively active right now, but I really want tp get this out of my head.

Would anyone take part in a Fate/stay night Holy Grail War (in an alternate universe where the Grail wasn't destroyed or one of the old Wars)?

Or in an alternate universe where the Holy Grail wasn't destroyed, and there was an Eighth (or whatever -ith) War where a psychopathic witness survived, summoned an evil vessel and escapes to another dimension. Thus, breaking of the balance of the universe after the Holy Grail War is over, leaving the victor to gather Masters to try and beat the psychopath but said psycho has a legion of followers with villains and so the Masters have to recruit people to summon heroes (from anywhere in the media, including books and video games) from other worlds (because they already have their own and can't summon more). And you can play the bad guys or the good guys.

I'd post my first iteration of the plot if my internet was more cooperative.

Last edited:

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
Hey everyone, I've been thinking of making a Galactic conquest-esque RP, with three main species, however, I would be more than willing to allow everyone to come up with their own races. The RP would be along the lines of a war much like your occasional one that pops up here and the players would obviously determine which side wins over time. I'll come up with some core points such as planets, star systems, etc. and exactly how everything is going to fit together.

However, before I put more work into this I would like some feedback, whether or not if anyone has any interest in such an RP.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
So, would it kind of be Star Wars? I might be interested.