• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
@Tangeh - I'll just give my two cents on each of your ideas.

1. Using the setup of how pokemon colosseum isn't a bad idea, it is just slightly stiff. As far as player size limit, I might recommend between 6-10 players, mostly because I see potential for the RP to function as a partner pairs so 3-5 pairs. For example, a pokemon trainer and a tracker working to snag a pokemon with the tracker scoping out potential shadow pokemon and the trainer battling and then capturing said shadow pokemon. You would probably want to expand on the variety of pokemon used in Orre over what the game used, with exception perhaps to the legendary pokemons that Cipher used late game. A lot of potential, but will be difficult to maintain as I am willing to guess that this RP will take a while to progress to the point of attacking Cipher's main base.

2. - Not familiar with the show so best I can say is go for it if you have enough interest in it. Highschool setting RPs sort of tends to experience weird snags so I'd be slightly wary when setting one up.

3. - As far as an MLP RP is concerned, RPing as one of the characters already fleshed out would have to make you act very in character so going this route will be very difficult to keep people from acting out of character. It would serve as a good way for people to see if they can remain in character. I would suggest using a different plot setup though if you wanted to use the mane 6 as main characters where OCs could be used to support/against. It's just my personal tastes but I prefer making my OC over using a pre-existing character when RPing as I can work on being creative where as using a character already made restricts what I can and not do with it. IE history and description can pretty much be copy and pasted with little to no effort put in it. Sorry if it seems I'm ragging on a certain point, but I find that it'd be slightly better to go with an OC route over using mane 6, CMC, or any other pre-existing character from MLP. I wouldn't mind working with a MLP RP, just I prefer using an OC over any of the characters in the series.

On an unrelated note, been a long time since I've been on, mainly due to so many re-installs of OS and forgetting to re-add RPG section to favorites so been gone from neglecting attention.

Tangeh

@Tangeh - I'll just give my two cents on each of your ideas.

1. Using the setup of how pokemon colosseum isn't a bad idea, it is just slightly stiff. As far as player size limit, I might recommend between 6-10 players, mostly because I see potential for the RP to function as a partner pairs so 3-5 pairs. For example, a pokemon trainer and a tracker working to snag a pokemon with the tracker scoping out potential shadow pokemon and the trainer battling and then capturing said shadow pokemon. You would probably want to expand on the variety of pokemon used in Orre over what the game used, with exception perhaps to the legendary pokemons that Cipher used late game. A lot of potential, but will be difficult to maintain as I am willing to guess that this RP will take a while to progress to the point of attacking Cipher's main base.

2. - Not familiar with the show so best I can say is go for it if you have enough interest in it. Highschool setting RPs sort of tends to experience weird snags so I'd be slightly wary when setting one up.

3. - As far as an MLP RP is concerned, RPing as one of the characters already fleshed out would have to make you act very in character so going this route will be very difficult to keep people from acting out of character. It would serve as a good way for people to see if they can remain in character. I would suggest using a different plot setup though if you wanted to use the mane 6 as main characters where OCs could be used to support/against. It's just my personal tastes but I prefer making my OC over using a pre-existing character when RPing as I can work on being creative where as using a character already made restricts what I can and not do with it. IE history and description can pretty much be copy and pasted with little to no effort put in it. Sorry if it seems I'm ragging on a certain point, but I find that it'd be slightly better to go with an OC route over using mane 6, CMC, or any other pre-existing character from MLP. I wouldn't mind working with a MLP RP, just I prefer using an OC over any of the characters in the series.

On an unrelated note, been a long time since I've been on, mainly due to so many re-installs of OS and forgetting to re-add RPG section to favorites so been gone from neglecting attention.

Hey, thanks! The concepts are all still ... well, just concepts, so I appreciate input.

I don't think I would ever force RPers into permanent partner pairs (if one person is inactive then that means two people are inactive), but yes that would absolutely be the case for short-term missions and such.. wouldn't be much fun doing a mission on your own after all. I'd be using pokemon from all six generations, if that's what you mean? Would be a bit silly to restrict to to gen III and below just because it was a gen III game. And yeah, I'm envisioning progressing the plot to completion would be really difficult with something like this. :/ Although if the focus is on plot progression rather than individual missions maybe it wouldn't be impossible...

I wouldn't call Class of the Titans a high school setting, actually... that's kind of funny now that I think about it. I probably should have explained a little better! The Gods in the show have their hideout in a secret area of a high school (they use special keys to enter through a janitor's closet.. anyways xD), but it's a completely separate location. I really don't know why they chose a high school for their secret hideout, but it's more coincidental than anything. Me saying they have to balance schoolwork is technically a headcanon because we never actually see them attend regular classes. I think it would be fun in small doses though. xD

I actually prefer RPing canon characters when I can get away with it, but again that's totally a personal preference. I could allow a certain amount of OC spots on top of the canon characters. I'd rather all of the mane 6 be filled at least - would be kind of awkward to only have half of them filled and the other half as NPCs. xD I still need to sort out a plot at any rate.

*I should probably add that the Class of the Titans concept is the only one I absolutely would want to GM. I just want the other two to exist in some form? xD I can't imagine myself GMing four RPs at once, so like, if anybody else wants to take those concepts and make them your own, pls go ahead. I will join at least. xD

Last edited:

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
I would be fine with a MLP RP, but I am just too busy to actually GM it. Don't worry: I'm not too busy to post if a MLP one is made.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I have a couple of ideas for a Last Airbender RPG:

One would be another few years into the future and dealing with the advent of firearms and bombs, especially when someone tries to counter spirit weaponry with atomic weapon and the beginning of the space age

Time setting come be normal or Korra or even between, but a strange shooting star lands on a anyone and several pieces break. Spirit life gets funky and people getting sick while others develop what we would call psychic powers

HM02gon

Waiting...
I have a couple of ideas for a Last Airbender RPG:

One would be another few years into the future and dealing with the advent of firearms and bombs, especially when someone tries to counter spirit weaponry with atomic weapon and the beginning of the space age

Time setting come be normal or Korra or even between, but a strange shooting star lands on a anyone and several pieces break. Spirit life gets funky and people getting sick while others develop what we would call psychic powers

I second this. I second this with every fiber in my being.

Honestly my idea would be that due to modernization, bending is beginning to become obsolete and people are beginning to forget about old traditions, angering the spirits, and you play one of the few remaining benders who must save the world from angry spirits/remind people of their kingdom's origins/whatever.

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
I would be so game for an AtLA RPG, especially since the last one I signed up for never made it past sign ups. I liked the character I made and would like to be able to use her!

A near future setting would be cool and create some interesting points of conflict that Korra set us up for. Tech vs. old traditions and spirituality, the inventions of guns and other more advanced weaponry and how they are integrated into the bending world, it would be interesting to play that out.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I would be so game for an AtLA RPG, especially since the last one I signed up for never made it past sign ups. I liked the character I made and would like to be able to use her!

A near future setting would be cool and create some interesting points of conflict that Korra set us up for. Tech vs. old traditions and spirituality, the inventions of guns and other more advanced weaponry and how they are integrated into the bending world, it would be interesting to play that out.

I'd be down for a AtLA RPG. The last one, like Shampoo Thief explained, didn't pan out, so I still have my character all written out, which saves a bunch of time.

But the premise sounds really interesting with the 'modern' age quickly forgetting the roots that brought them there in the first place. Bending could be diminishing in use, even by just a little bit, and trying to adapt to a world where bending may not necessarily be welcomed.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
My premise doesn't contain the idea of forgetting and dimininsg bending and doesn't make sense since most of their tech revolves around it.