• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Vern

Why not both?
As a result of my renewed interest/time (and recent purchase of Sun), I've been thinking about starting the Ultimates again.

Long story short:

SHIELD. Super heroes. Secret Agents. Evil. BUT WITH POKEMON.

EDIT (reason for post): Looking to see if there's any interest before moving forward.

Sounds fun. Count me in, as long as I can find time to write a decent sign-up.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Speaking of new ideas, I was sorta thinking of running a RP of my own. I'm an amateur, but I'd like to think myself to have a...distinct imagination, so i'm always full of ideas! In fact, I have some now:

1. This first idea entails in a fantasy Earth, it's fairly more futuristic than present day. Humans aren't the only highly intelligent creatures, as the idea of other dimensions are very much real and other entities are able to inhabit it! Although any inhabitants that are on earth are there to stay(Dimension-hopping isn't easy, and is only used for vacation purposes and such.!) Anywho, back to this world...Inhabitants have evolved enough to have the uncanny ability to harness a particular energy, able to shape it however they need to, be it as a tool or as a weapon. There are of course constraints to both the body and mind, so each individual will be attuned to a certain element that they are able to use primarily. This RP will center around the tales, trials, and adventures of characters, intertwining with each other if one so wishes. The setting can be decided. But the world is vast and is subject to exploration. Also, who doesn't like doing awesome stuff using their bizzarre energized talents?! This idea stems from a personal fantasy of mine, so it's a tad embarrassing to bring into fruition...But I feel trying it out will be worth it.

2. This next idea will be, of course, Pokemon-themed, and inhabited only by such. They replace humans completely. This RP will center around Characters pursuing and achieving their dreams, whether they've decided on them or not. Whatever their case, Characters will find themselves in a Mystery Dungeon-esque atmosphere, starting off as a fledgling adventurer in a large hub town. There are no Dungeons, or human influence whatsoever. But nonetheless plenty of places to explore, ever expansive to the wills of the GM as well as the RPers themselves. In their travels RPers can be faced with mysteries and dilemmas that are alot bigger than they are, and may need more aid than they expect (Or want, for that matter...). This particular RP I feel can emphasize cooperation, perseverance, confidence in one's abilities, among other worthwhile values I think should be highlighted.

3. This last idea is another thing that [you] probably imagined at least once in your life: A Pokemon RP where humans are able to fuse(That's right, fuse) with their pokemon! Lots of Trainers use the pokemon partners they are well connected with more or less for sport, using special devices. These are called Fusion Trainers (Name pending). Besides looking cooler than your average human, Fusion Trainers will be able to more are less able to do what a lone pokemon is capable of, the extent of abilities vary with both parties. This idea is, of course, a work in progress. I may need a bit of-- scratch that, alot of, help with this one, but I feel like it could be really cool!

All of these intend to be lighthearted, and a tad zany, in nature. I intend to carefully design situations that can get serious, but not heart-wrenchingly so. So Bewear as I like to include humor, slapstick and silly mannerisms. So i'm sorry if you're looking for one of those things where's it's all dark and full of intrigue and grim tales, that's NOT how I want to roll! My goal is to run a RP as one who provides goals and adventures for everyone, but i'll also be along for the ride as well! Nothing will be set in stone and is free for the RPers' interpretation/manipulation.

So, what do you folks think? If there was something like these at work, which do you take a fancy to? Do you think it can work? And is there anything you feel I should include or do differently?

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
The first idea sounds a bit like your average fantasy setting, but considering how little of those RPs are actually done in here, I'd like that. And it's like Mosaic too.

The second idea I'd also like because, well, I'm a big fan of the Mystery Dungeon series. So anything PMD esque and/or inspired I'll like.

I remember joining an RP where the Pokémon could fuse with each other, so that was the first thing I thought when I saw the words "fusion" and "Pokémon" together. Then I read the rest of the sentence and realized it reminded me a lot of Pokémon ReBurst. And then rereading made me think of Digimon Fusion/Xros Wars and Digimon Frontier. So yes, I like this idea too. But obviously you'd have to think up of some sort of plot and the details of fusing. Like are people able to fuse with more than one? How do they fuse? Through a device, a mystical object or is it some sort of ability some people have? Do people still have full teams? And would there be seperate tournaments held for regular trainer battles and battles between fused trainers? Those are just some questions that you might want to answer and to give you a jumpstart.

Anyways, if it wasn't obvious, I like all of your ideas, so I'd like to see 'em running. I think the ones that one could go most crazy with are ideas one and three, with the first in variety of species and settings and origins characters could have and the third in all the possible fusions trainers (and maybe even Pokémon) could do. I think all of them could work, it'd just be a matter of having the time to handle them. There's also need for at least some sort of plot for each of them because there are some people out there (well, me at least) who don't neccesssarily have any plot of their own in mind and probably want to follow the one provided.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Ooh! Thanks oodles for the feedback, this inspires me to actually try and go through with one of these. Perhaps the first because it's something I imagined, a really diverse universe full of fascinating things, come alive. With advances in both technology and mentality, mankind was able to ditch their superiority complex for the most part, which allowed the discovery of other dimensions (Science is a wonderful thing...) and more open-mindedness of what other beings can offer. Because of this, the planet has a drastically more diverse population. What the future holds, being self-caused or from an unknown influence, is unclear...Plenty of possibilities there!

Or the second because I was involved in a Pokemon-based RP before and, while I had a few gripes, I enjoyed it a whole lot. I was hoping I could draw from that idea, of pokemon replacing humans entirely, into something of my own creation. Much like Mystery Dungeon, every pokemon is a person, with personalities and ideas of their own. One of the reasons I share a similar liking to that series!

I do have a few plots in mind with two of the first ideas but not the third. I could either confide on here for the premise for all too see, or I can keep it to myself and therefore a surprise. Let me know what you folks think!

As for fusing with pokemon...
My first idea was to have starting Trainers only able to fuse with one pokemon. But even then, they have to already be in acceptable standings with their partner. (I.e. The pokemon has to be comfortable with you, in other words!). Secondly, they can't fuse with wild pokemon, they have to catch them first. The way they fuse is from a device a Trainer can wear on their arm (Like a Mega-Bracelet or Z-Ring.), a product of years of scientific meddling. It essentially (and safely) stitches together the DNA of both parties, shaping into a singular and suitable form. (It's basically derived from what the DNA Splicers do in Black2/White2). Reverting back is as simple as willing themselves to be split apart!

A fused person will mostly keep their physical stature, save for gaining some traits from whatever pokemon they're attuned with. For example, someone fusing with Pikachu would gain a tail and red cheeks, and their clothes will turn yellow (If they aren't already). Or someone using some Bird Pokemon will gain a wingspan across their clothes, complete with feathers, and be able to fly/glide a little. Pokemon fusing will of course cause a strain on both parties' minds. So like Mega-Evolution, it doesn't last forever...

Traditional battles would still exist, but many seem to prefer to battle as fusions. Fusing would also serve purposes outside of battling too, like doing tasks or getting through areas that a pokemon can do easily whereas a human would have difficulty. I haven't put much thought about how leagues would go, maybe it could integrate them both together? Though it would make more sense to fuse with your best pokemon when at a disadvantage. On the other hand, the Trainers would be much more into it and putting themselves in check...Maybe there can be separate leagues for traditional pokemon battling and Fusion battles? Ahh, it's alot to think about...

(Coincidentally enough, Digimon Fusion was the very thing that inspired the spell of curiosity that is this!)

Gosh, am I thinking too hard on this? I've been hit with a surge of inspiration lately and wanted to give RPing here a shot again. I hope i'm not being so intrusive with my ideas!

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
Personally, I quite like those ideas, but I would prefer the first, fantasy one (it also reminds me of mosaic, which kinda died).

I've personally been kind of out-of-touch with Pokemon for a long while, so I'm not particularly inspired by Pokemon-based RPs (which sometimes makes me wonder why I still use a Pokemon-related site XD).

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Personally, I quite like those ideas, but I would prefer the first, fantasy one (it also reminds me of mosaic, which kinda died).

I've personally been kind of out-of-touch with Pokemon for a long while, so I'm not particularly inspired by Pokemon-based RPs (which sometimes makes me wonder why I still use a Pokemon-related site XD).

In that case, I think I can drum something up sooner or later! I've actually been inspired a fair deal from Mosaic too, I figured it would be alot of fun hadn't it fallen inactive. (I think I was the last person to post...) Maybe I can recreate that sort of charm with something of my own RP...

That said, I was thinking of including Pokemon in it. Though they won't have any heavy focus, they will be an enigma and impossibly hard to come by. They'll be just...around! A person can sign up as one, if they so wish?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@TrottingMinccino: Any of your three ideas are pretty good, so I'm sure you'll be fine whenever you get them up. As for the third...well, you can go either way with the plot you'll tell on the sign up, but if you're having trouble thinking up of anything, you could always brainstorm/talk about your ideas in here or with someone who you think can help you.

So far your fusion idea makes sense. Of course the Pokémon has to trust you in fusing. But just one thing, why would they prefer fusing if it's just the same capabilities as that Pokémon? Unless it's because the fusing means that they don't have to send out orders and thus reveal their current attack. I think they would just allow fusion trainers and regular trainers to battle the Pokémon League (assuming it's more like the game) as that means that there'll be two "Elite Fours" and two Champions, one for fusions and one for normal.

But I see you've decided to focus on the first. So here's a suggestion for the Pokémon thing: seeing as they can access other worlds, it's possible to access the Pokémon world. But because it's not easy to do that as the worlds are not as "connected" as the others because of, say, Palkia thinking they're distortions and thus any portals don't last long.

@Vern: It's more of a middle for me. It's both a half Pokémon and half Marvel superhero RP instead of one over the other.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
I've had an idea in mind where the basic sense is there are 18 children coming from respective legendary origins of each type. I know there's no poison legendary so I'd have to find a work around for that one. Anyways the basic premise is these children are all gifted by Arceus as being his successors and will eventually come to bring balance to the world again, blah blah blah. As time passed in the RPG we may even see some partial gijinka between the humans and their representing legendary. I would also give the children a guardian Pokemon of their type that would be the roleplayer's choice but it's still a pretty young idea. I'd probably give people freedom in choosing their legendary as well, but I'm not sure; especially considering poison still has nothing after 7 generations,,

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I've had an idea in mind where the basic sense is there are 18 children coming from respective legendary origins of each type. I know there's no poison legendary so I'd have to find a work around for that one. Anyways the basic premise is these children are all gifted by Arceus as being his successors and will eventually come to bring balance to the world again, blah blah blah. As time passed in the RPG we may even see some partial gijinka between the humans and their representing legendary. I would also give the children a guardian Pokemon of their type that would be the roleplayer's choice but it's still a pretty young idea. I'd probably give people freedom in choosing their legendary as well, but I'm not sure; especially considering poison still has nothing after 7 generations,,

Does Nihilego count as a legendary?

I may be interested.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Hydrangea: I would be. I actually have a few character ideas for such a thing. I'd love to use my character Valentina again.

@Monster Guy: But isn't it an Ultra Beast? Unless their legendary/cryptid status makes it count.

Flame Mistress

I used to be a regular in these parts some years back, so heck it, why not ask here.

Would anyone be interested in an RP in a completely original fan region? It would be a typical journey RP, I guess (though I have no idea how "typical" they are these days). Just some people exploring a region I've been working on, and will continue to work on, fleshing out for the past few weeks. I know it'd be a big commitment for both the GM and the RPers, though.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I used to be a regular in these parts some years back, so heck it, why not ask here.

Would anyone be interested in an RP in a completely original fan region? It would be a typical journey RP, I guess (though I have no idea how "typical" they are these days). Just some people exploring a region I've been working on, and will continue to work on, fleshing out for the past few weeks. I know it'd be a big commitment for both the GM and the RPers, though.

Welcome back.

I could potentially be interested.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done

As long as you don't throw any fake Pokémon or some GMPC-Supah-Mary Sue characters, I'd be up for that.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member

I'd certainly be interested, I love fanmade regions. ovo

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
New/Fanmade regions always make me curious. I may have interest too! It'll also give me something to look forward to as I try to find an idea to start my own RP...

Flame Mistress

As long as you don't throw any fake Pokémon or some GMPC-Supah-Mary Sue characters, I'd be up for that.

No fakemon. I'm not creative enough for that.

That being said, thanks for all your interest. I might get back to you guys if I become confident that I have the skill and time to commit to this project.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
No fakemon. I'm not creative enough for that.

That being said, thanks for all your interest. I might get back to you guys if I become confident that I have the skill and time to commit to this project.

Alright, I'm looking forwards to this.

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
: ( s a d b o y s