• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

treespyro

Vintage much?
I wouldn't mind one of ancient myths

Sir Forgets-A-Lot

The Forever Amnesiac
If people are itching for a myth-inspired RPG, I have one that I made a few years ago that I had to shut down. Here was the plot:

Myth. A word whose meaning has changed over the centuries. At one point in time many of the myths that exists today were true. However history and its writers have twisted and purported these truths to resemble nothing more than mere fiction. And it is because of this that the Earth is now faced with a threat not seen for centuries.

Centuries ago, in the ancient land of Greece, when humanity was first creating a civilized society, a great evil arose and nearly caused the extinction of all mankind. That was until the Great Mother intervened and selected several humans to become gods and goddesses like her to fight such an evil. Thus the first Olympic pantheon was established. For years these gods and goddesses watched over the land that they swore to protect. The people of theses lands grew to accept these new beings and began to worship them. It was then that the Olympians felt a surge in their power.

Some enjoyed the increase and sought to gain even more power. The others merely accepted this but always felt that the praise they received was unneeded. The ones that enjoyed the power began to rule over their people with an iron fist and forced them into constant worship. While the other gods and goddesses repaid those that worshipped them with kindness and generosity. Before long the two sides began to come in conflict with each other. It was here that the Greek Olympians were forced to choose a side. The rift grew so large that a full-scale war erupted between the two factions. However with both sides being of equal strength, there was no clear victor in the foreseeable future. It was then that the kind gods and goddesses along with the Great Mother, who now called herself Hestia, decided to imprison the corrupt gods’ very being in vessels for all eternity. These would then be scattered around the world to where no one would ever find them. However, the kind gods had to pay a price for performing such a task. Nearly all of their strength was used up in this last ditch effort and to ensure that there would be some line of defense in case the corrupt gods broke free from their imprisonment, each one put what little of their power and essence was left into their most prized possessions. These were then entrusted to Hestia for safe keeping, until the time came for a new pantheon of gods was needed.

It has been centuries since the last known god activity and many of their exploits have now been forgotten or labeled as merely fantasy. And because of this, the seal imprisoning the old corrupt gods has started to deteriorate. Across the globe, accounts of unexplained and supernatural phenomena have been reported. But most of the people of the world simply see this as some form of propaganda created by the media. But unbeknownst to them several of the corrupt gods of old have begun to awaken and influence those in our world with evil hearts. And it because of this that Hestia has also awoken from her deep slumber and must now find suitable replacements for the kind gods of old and create a new pantheon of gods and goddesses.

This is where you come in. You are one of those people who think that all these strange phenomena are nothing more then made up stories. You are a college student who has now spent several weeks of your summer helping out at an archeological dig site. For whatever reason you are here, there is no way to get out of it until the end of the summer. During one of your digs, you start to feel a strange feeling come over you telling you to dig in an area where everyone else thinks is nothing but rocks hidden beneath the soil. As you dig, you stumble upon an old relic that does not seem to match any civilization that had been known to reside there. However before you are able to bring the artifact to the leading archeologist, you are surrounded by a blinding white light and transported to a realm filled with radiant golden light and a beautiful tall woman sitting on a throne in the middle. When you look around, you also realize that there are others like you but from different ethnicities. When one of these strangers tries to talk to you, despite not knowing a single word of that person’s language, you are able to fully understand every single word. But before you could ask why that is, the woman on the throne beckons all of you to come forward. It is then that she explains why you were all brought there. She tells you that she was once one of the Greek gods of old and about the battle that erupted between the two warring god factions. She goes on to tell you that you were selected to assume the roles of the kind gods of old and form the new pantheon of gods.

Basically the plot is that the corrupt Greek gods of old have started to become active again and have started to create chaos in the world. You assume the role of a college student who has been selected by the only remaining Greek goddess not to be entrapped, Hestia, to assume the role of one of the kind Greek gods and fight against the corrupt gods and hopefully defeat them once and for all.

So what do you guys think?

jahz

Banned
Hey guys :) I've been pondering over this idea for an rpg i might run. I'm guessing a few of you have read the darren shan books? Well i wanted to base an RP on vampires and demons etc. Trouble is i can't think of a good plot that involves them both wthout placing them against each other.

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
Jahz- if you really want them on the same side, you need a common enemy for them to face, a new uprising. However, I read the books about a year ago and I have no ideas as to who. Good idea anyway, I might join that if it ever becomes an RP

Also, I think we might need an RP for Percy Jackson and the Olympians. And I didn't just get into that because of the movie, but most people probably did so that will mean lots more members. Maybe we could have each member sign up for a different cabin.

Last edited:

jahz

Banned
Yeh ideally I'd place them against each other but then it becomes hard because nobody ever wants their character to lose to another, and you can't just keep stalling their death...My original thought was Vampires and Vampaneze on Demons. But I'd rather have people be able to play as demons because it gives them such a great scope for creativity, they literally create their own character. I was thinking maybe Gods? Trouble is a myth/godly Rp just sprung up sooo...:/

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
Maybe you could have an evil faction of Vampanezes but some Vampaneze join the Vampires? Thats all I can really think of...

Percy Jackson RP, guys!

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
The Kryptons... hows about The Toxics... hmm... what are they sciencing about, that might help... The Lab Coat Dudes...

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@jahz: SGS- Secret Group of Scientists. For the ultimate in obviousness.

Edit: moved the idea cause I realized, a few hours later, there was a better place for it. Sorry!

Last edited:

The Conductor

The Conductor
I've been toying for a while with the idea of a The World Ends With You RP, set in a different town. It would have a different UG, so said UG would probably have different rules. I was thinking a small town of a few thousand or so, to contrast the massive population of Shibuya.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I know someone's already mentioned this but what about a Percy Jackson RPG.

The ideas I have aren't really finalised yet but I was thinking of maybe one called Hade's Wrath which would be featured years before or after(Dunno which one yet) the Percy Jackson series.

At the moment its just an idea, but if anyones interested we could get brainstorming.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Oi! I was thinking about making one of those too ^^ I just didn't know how popular it would be.

If your making it though I would suggest after the events of the series.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Well I was just thinking that you would have more freedom with the story if you did it after. I dunno some new prophecy or something when the actual characters are grown up or something. But if instead you decided to do it before were you thinking about way before or like during their time at the camp?

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
^I think we could have it set afterward and have the characters grown up and have apprentices. It just came to me but it seems pretty good. Then we could have people sign up as different apprentices.
Or not...

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
We could actually have it with the likes of Percy and Ananbeth as councillors. I've got an idea for a title of the actual RPG.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Wrath of Hades.

There would be around twelve or so spots, each one would cover a cabin.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Yeah that sounds good, so what would be the basic plot line for the story then since you seem to be basing it around Hades.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I don't really know at the moment, I was thinking maybe Hades would have been attacked by the gods who sought to defeat his evil presence for good and they would have locked him away.

He would have gotten away however and raised an Army, he would start by marching on Camp Half Blood which would through the Campers into a world fraught with death danger and betrayal.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I've been toying for a while with the idea of a The World Ends With You RP, set in a different town. It would have a different UG, so said UG would probably have different rules. I was thinking a small town of a few thousand or so, to contrast the massive population of Shibuya.

As much as I love TWEWY to death <3, RPGs based off TWEWY really don't get anywhere. I tried running one before, and the huge issue is the fact that you need a partner. What happens when your partner just randomly ditches? Person is left alone, we managed to make that person become a Harrier but then other people starting dropping up and etc.

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
I like the idea of Hades being good but whatever. He's the god of death, hard to avoid. Anyways, howsabout the dead begin to march as the result of him locked away, and the gods think they work for him but they really are just appearing b/c there is no god of the dead?