• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Waldorf

ungrateful
Moogles4ever said:
As much as I love TWEWY to death <3, RPGs based off TWEWY really don't get anywhere. I tried running one before, and the huge issue is the fact that you need a partner. What happens when your partner just randomly ditches? Person is left alone, we managed to make that person become a Harrier but then other people starting dropping up and etc.

I've seen a couple fan-made The World Ends With You RPG's, and as you said, I think that the overarching problem is that, most of the time, they are simply identical set-ups to that of the game: same rules, same general plot progression, and the very impractical partnering system that you brought up. The game's secret reports and other plot hints indicate that there is something much larger at work, and I think it would be a better idea to do something different than just a Game in a different city with different people. Then again, since The World Ends With You is only one game as opposed to a series, people might not recognize it as much of a TWEWY RPG if it strays far from the formula...

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
ok, just a little idea here, but...
On a trip to japan with your college class, each of you take a day off to wander around historical japan and do some sight seeing.

One of you is pulled in the river, another is attacked by a fox, and one is carried away by a bird.

One emerges from the river as a river spirit, one is turned into a multi-tailed fox and the last became a bird-human hybrid with a sword.

Amarastu needs heroes in modern-day japan. The lord of Evil; Yami has appeared once more and is threatening the world with his demon hordes. Some of you will join with Ameratsu and the others will side with Yami.

SOMEONE TAKE THIS IDEA PLZ!

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
I don't really know at the moment, I was thinking maybe Hades would have been attacked by the gods who sought to defeat his evil presence for good and they would have locked him away.

He would have gotten away however and raised an Army, he would start by marching on Camp Half Blood which would through the Campers into a world fraught with death danger and betrayal.

Just throwing out another idea along with Drifblim's, though I never really viewed gods as being good or evil, just kind of self-serving.

What if the underworld finally overcrowded and in order for Hades to get more room he would need to expand into either Zeus or Poseidon's territory. However they reject this notion (of course) and so hades begins to move above ground finally deciding to make his move to take olympus. While he's on his march on earth, Camp-half blood in told about this as well as being told by olympus to stay put for the time being.

I dunno, but if the RPG takes place after the Last Olympian then here's what I'm throwing out.

Because the pact of the big three has been broken Hades now has children in camp half-blood who are willing to side with him, because of this a sense of order is lost and the other campers are forced to choose sides. They must either side with their parents or choose to fight along side their friends (that is if they had friends in the Hades cabin).

Meh, it's late and if I come back to this in the morning it's probably going to sound like crap, but what the heck?

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I actually like that idea, we could work on that at some point if you want. I also know someone else who would definitely want to help us.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
If you want to change anything go ahead, but I wouldn't mind using it as a basis. Who is this said person by the way? D.O.P.?

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Do you need any other assistance or were you planning on doing the rest by your self?

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I'm going to need to re-immerse myself back in the series before I can start doing things alone so to answer your question. If you want to lend your expertise then go ahead.

The Conductor

The Conductor
As much as I love TWEWY to death <3, RPGs based off TWEWY really don't get anywhere. I tried running one before, and the huge issue is the fact that you need a partner. What happens when your partner just randomly ditches? Person is left alone, we managed to make that person become a Harrier but then other people starting dropping up and etc.

As I mentioned before, this is a different UG. It's possible that in this UG, partnerships are still possible, and benificial, but not required. Or they might involve a larger, unfixed number of people.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
I'm going to need to re-immerse myself back in the series before I can start doing things alone so to answer your question. If you want to lend your expertise then go ahead.

Oh, yeah sure. I guess I re-read The Last Olympian before I saw the movie (which sucked), but remembering anything before that might be hard since I read the series a while ago.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Guys can you please not use this thread to discuss who's going to make an RPG and how you are going to go about it. The thread is for sharing ideas and wishes. If you want to discuss making a single RPG then either make a thread in the Cafe in order to build it with the help of others, or take it to private messages. Don't back and forth chat about it here.

Ninetailed

pokemon at heart...
I was thinking it’d be cool to have an RPG were you would play the pokémon not the trainer. It wouldn’t be like Mystery Dungeon were there’s only pokémon, there would still be people, and you would still go on a journey, but instead of hearing everything from the trainer’s point of view, you would hear the Pokémon’s.

How you feel about your trainer, battling other pokémon, journeying together, it would all be heard from the Pokémon’s point of view not the trainer’s. It could be called: Pokémon Perspective, or something along those lines. What do ya think, is it a cool idea, or the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard? Either way I want to know.

Last edited:

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
I was thinking it’d be cool to have an RPG were you would play the pokémon not the trainer. It wouldn’t be like Mystery Dungeon were there’s only pokémon, there would still be people, and you would still go on a journey, but instead of hearing everything from the trainer’s point of view, you would hear the Pokémon’s.

How you feel about your trainer, battling other pokémon, journeying together, it would all be heard from the Pokémon’s point of view not the trainer’s. It could be called: Pokémon Perspective, or something along those lines. What do ya think, is it a cool idea, or the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard? Either way I want to know.

I think I heard about someone planning that sometime last year, but they never did get around to it. I thought it was pretty neat and I'd like to lend a helping hand if you plan on making one like it. How about some ideas like plot, how it'll work and so forth?

Okay so what if the setting was some pokemon region, anyone would do, and all the RPGers are playing as a pokemon on one of two trainers teams. That would make twelve spots all together.

Both trainers would be experienced so that RPgers would choose from a wide selection of pokemon from all different region hoping that they have visited that region. One trainer could be a coordinater/breeder with rarer less experienced pokemon while the other would be a trainer with stronger possibly more common pokemon excluding their partner or favorite pokemon.

Let's say that both trainers end up traveling together in the region of choice and fight the gyms/beat the contests as they travel through out.

Now the pokemon would stay out of their pokeballs or at least be able to communicate in some other way to each other. It would be pretty boring if only one person could RPG at a time right?

Well I have a few more ideas, but tell me what you think first okay?

Dutch-trainer

Girafarigfan #5821.3
I think I heard about someone planning that sometime last year, but they never did get around to it.

Yep. That was me! (although Suicene Lover came up with the idea. I had only made the base for the idea) I was however still new to RPG'ing, so I asked somebody else to do it. The Black Glove and Zincspider (if I recall correctly) were working on it, but for some reason, it never came...

But that's enough for history lessons. I'm now a bit more experienced, so I'm willing to help as well.

Ninetailed

pokemon at heart...
1#magna fan & Dutch trainer: Thanks for the offers to help I really appreciate it. But due to Razor Leaf’s last post we can’t discuss it here. So I’m going to make a thread in the Café for it. It’s called:

The Making of Pokémon Perspective: Discussion Thread

Lets continue this convo there, And anyone else with Ideas for this thread-in-the-making is welcome to post there too.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Well I guess that idea died?

Would anyone be interested in a Fullmetal Alchemist RPG? I don't really want to make one unless a couple people would be interested in it.

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
Not much for Full Metal Alchemist... but...

I didn't really want that idea to die, but Ninetailed seems to think there is a discussion in the cafe. I can't find it...

I don't want to make it myself because I already have a different RP (coming soon) that I'm GMing...

Anyone taking it?

Peter Quill

star-lord
I have some cool ideas going around in my head for a Gundam RPG. Would anyone be interested? For those familiar to the series, I'm going to try and make it into an alternate timeline that doesn't surround any of the series. (No mentions of the Space War from the original Gundam, no mentions of Celestial Being or Solar Panels from Gundam 00)

It would be more probably if we didn't have our own specific Gundams to ourselves. I mean, those would only be given to high ranking officers in the specific armies, the aces as it were.

I would love to give a good Gundam RPG a try.

I also wish there were more Fire Emblem RPGs. Sadly I have no good or original ideas for one, shame.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Hey guys, I'm here looking for someone to co-run a Mass Effect RP with me.

I've already got a plot together and I'm working on the sign-up. However, this is probably going to be a massive undertaking, which is why I need someone to help me run this thing.

If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll PM you the details.

~Neon~

There was a child here. They're gone now.
Spontaneous post with which no one knows me or will see me again, but I'd love to see a Pokemon/Future Diary crossover. Arceus is dying, and so gives twelve people chosen by Legendaries the ability to tell the future... and then they all have to kill each other. I've just been thinking how Future Diary could work in a Pokemon setting, and it seems to fit in really nicely!