• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I have an unusual RPG idea. Due to an all-powerful but mad god, certain characetrs end up being bound to certain beings from the Lovecraftiain mythos. Rated R for gore, violence and so on, out characters must struggle as the old world begins falling apart around them and they began to ascend morality

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Well, I still need to develop it, but I will make a list of which Great Old Ones are available. Nyarlathotep is an Outer God, so he can't be playable. Though he will appear...

Samantha Sparks

At least we get to see old Nyarly.

I have an RP idea about gods being capable of possesing your body and using your bond with them to enhance their capabilities.
There are evil gods and good gods. Evil gods possess unwilling victims and good gods cooperate with their hosts.
Of course, two seperate RPers are allowed to play the host and god seperately.
I'll post more details when I get home.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Mine's kinda like this, but its more like the ones have been forcefully bound and they end up becoming one figure, the great old one and the human

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
So is mine. In mine, powerful deities (Gods) possess the player. Cool, hu?

Samantha Sparks

Ah well, so here's what I intend to include in my final plot. Here's the prototype plot... I probably messed with mythology a little... And include random shiz.

Ragnarok - an event in Norse Mythology which marks the end of the gods.
These very events of the great war known as Ragnarok had already begun. Most notably, Fenrir had consumed Odin's body to appease his hunger for vengeance. This only increased discord within the Asgardians.
Seeking aid, the son of Odin, Tyr, ventured out of Asgard to recruit outsiders from many other divine lands to aid in fighting against Loki's army in the battle of Ragnarok.
Loki too, had a similiar plan. By gathering spellbooks he could find, he summoned many allies and evil gods to join his cause.

Inviting more troops only resulted in a bloodier battle between the Tyr Faction and Loki Faction. This resulted in the fall of many gods. These gods have fallen to Earth, in hopes of restoring themselves sometime to continue the war...

---

You play a regular human with a regular life. One day, a mysterious being falls on you. Little do you know, this being is a god who seeks you to be its 'catalyst'.

---

Yeah, that's just a Prototype plot. On to the mechanics. Loki and Tyr are unplayable and I got dibs on Hecate.

God - on Earth, the gods will generally take human forms, although you are allowed to use animalistic or inanimate forms if you like. It is a seperate being from you, although it can fuse with you and use you as a 'catalyst' to become stronger. How much stronger the your fused form will be depends on your bond with the god

Catalyst - a human vessel that a god can use to fuse with to enhance its power.

Loki Faction - the evil faction. Gods of this faction will often use an unwilling catalyst in hopes of tainting them beyond return. They tend to take full control of their catalyst, especially if the catalyst has weak willpower.

Tyr Faction - the good faction. Gods of this faction try to find worthy catalysts and tend to cooperate with them.

Mecha Mode - a mode that can be activated when a god is fused with a Catalyst. A giant mecha with enhanced capabilities forms around the god-infused catalyst. This form can only be activated if the bond between god and catalyst is extremely strong.

Yeah... that's what I have for now. I'm trying to keep the mecha mode, but I feel that the requirements to activate it are ridiculous.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
My Cthulhu one I think I will save for the summer and I will come up with a short one for now.

Tasslehoff

ExplicitEclipse
It's a start, but I recommend building on it a lot more. At the moment, there just doesn't really seem to be anything unique about the scenario that really distinguishes it from being typical zombie apocalypse fare. I've seen RPs like this before and no one lets their character come even close to becoming infected. Everyone will pretty much have guns that never run out of ammo, escape vehicles in easily found spots, and plenty of zombies that might as well have targets painted on their faces. By the time most people have finished off their fifty-third zombie with a buckshot blast to the face, they'll probably be looking for some new RP to get into.

Also, Sector 9 needs better and more believable motives for what they're doing. If they destroy the world, well, they're pretty much dead too. They'll have no one left to farm food, no economy left to fund their operations, and so on. Instead, they should really be trying to find a way to leverage their weapon for control and compliance from other world governments. Even the most deranged and evil of terrorist organizations still have lofty motives. And yes, even the Nazi regime envisioned a better world after what they hoped would be a successful campaign, regardless of how downright wicked the means were.

As such, Sector 9 needs a similar approach and mindset. If you want this faction to continue spreading the zombie bio-weapon, then it needs to be for a reason that they'll feel will better their situation than what it currently is now. Maybe the bio-weapon targets certain demographics/locations that Sector 9 feels society would be better off without, or so on. Or, Sector 9 already has the cure to the zombie virus, but only those who they deem worthy to survive will be allowed to have it. This would work because if Sector 9 just wanted to destroy the world, they don't need zombies. Nukes would do the job even better.

Here are a few things I'd recommend for an effective zombie RP:

- You being the narrator. You, Tasslehoff, determine what kinds of zombies and creatures are going after the characters and who/how they attack. If you leave that to the players to decide, they'll never face anything even remotely dangerous and will likely never take so much as a scratch.
- Player character inventories and health statuses. This is so people don't pull guns/tools/first aid out of nowhere and have to account for how much ammo/supplies they have left (ignore reloading aspects, as that's a pain to account for). Limited inventory space will also force players to decide what is worth keeping and what needs to be discarded.
- Scavenging for supplies. Allow characters to search areas and discover supplies/weapons/ammo. Players may perform search posts, but you, Tasslehoff, determine what exactly they find. Since you're controlling the antagonists anyway, they have everything they need. It's the players that have to struggle to find what they need to survive.
- Hunger levels. Finding food and having a hunger status will put a little more pressure on people and add onto the challenge.

In essence, players would declare each of their role play posts to be one of four types:

Traveling - Moving from place to place. If they're busy driving, running, or whatever, they're not doing very much else.
Searching - Looking for supplies. If a person writes a very nicely detailed search post and searches wisely, you, Tasslehoff, reward them. Also, make their searched items relevant to where they're searching. Searching a police station will probably yield weapons and ammo, a supermarket will result in food supplies, a hardware store with some melee weapons, and so on.
Communication/Exchange - Conversing with another character and/or trading supplies (if the conversation lasts longer than 3-4 minutes, realistically). Cell phones should be dead, so the person can't exactly talk and search/drive/fight at the same time. The only time I wouldn't count a post being spent entirely on communication is if they're traveling and both conversing characters are in the same vehicle or walking together.
Fighting - Any post where they attack or fend off any kind of zombie or creature. Sure, a character could attempt to fight from a moving vehicle, but they won't be making much progress in terms of traveling and distance.

You don't need to implement HP values or that kind of thing (I've tried this before, it very quickly becomes a complex headache with chance to hit, armor, attack rolls, weapon damage, and that kind of junk). Keep things simple, but add to the challenge and leave some things within the control of the players, but leave a lot of other things out of their control.

I'm not saying you HAVE to do something like this, but I'd consider the idea of making survival a struggle for the characters, and throw surprises in their faces. A risk and reward system will very likely make the role play more interesting and will make people want to keep on exploring further rather than get tired after killing two dozen zombies that never had the chance in the first place.

This helps more than you could imagine. A few of the ideas I had actually thought of myself, mainly when I was reflecting on Sector 9 motivations and scavenging for supplies and limited inventory spaces. Because as you had said, no RP that allowed people to purely do anything and everything they wanted is very interesting. The idea of hunger levels will be somewhat of a tricky thing for me to figure out for the fact that scavenging would take a post, moving to a new location would take a post, and any other agendas the person have would take more posts, the idea of hunger will be a little difficult to keep track of.

Upon reading your last subsections and to prevent god-modding humans, I am going to implement a noise meter of sorts. Zombies would be attracted to noise because primal instinct would tell the brain that noise comes from some sort of object, so obviously: moving around, scavenging materials, talking, and fighting of any sorts will cause noise. Different types of material and voice fluctuation will be taken into account and depending what a character does in a previous post( i.e. screaming at a comrade for doing something or starting a car will cause a lot of noise and that would attract hordes of zombies to the character).

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
This helps more than you could imagine. A few of the ideas I had actually thought of myself, mainly when I was reflecting on Sector 9 motivations and scavenging for supplies and limited inventory spaces. Because as you had said, no RP that allowed people to purely do anything and everything they wanted is very interesting. The idea of hunger levels will be somewhat of a tricky thing for me to figure out for the fact that scavenging would take a post, moving to a new location would take a post, and any other agendas the person have would take more posts, the idea of hunger will be a little difficult to keep track of.

Upon reading your last subsections and to prevent god-modding humans, I am going to implement a noise meter of sorts. Zombies would be attracted to noise because primal instinct would tell the brain that noise comes from some sort of object, so obviously: moving around, scavenging materials, talking, and fighting of any sorts will cause noise. Different types of material and voice fluctuation will be taken into account and depending what a character does in a previous post( i.e. screaming at a comrade for doing something or starting a car will cause a lot of noise and that would attract hordes of zombies to the character).

Scrapping the hunger element is totally understandable. I honestly wouldn't know exactly how to manage that, but I figured it wouldn't hurt as a suggestion.

Noise is probably a better element to focus on. Sure affects quite a heck of a bit with Left 4 Dead.

Oshawotter

There is an RP I've been wanting to do and figure out a good system for a Pokemon journey set in the Orange Islands, something I've never done. I thought it would be fun to do a nice RP with 3-4 others traveling the Orange Islands and competing in the Orange League, as well as coming up with an overall plot for the RP.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I usually have a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head, even more so with existing fiction, where I can easily add thoughts as to create an alternate universe, a merger, a storyline that happened to take place in the established fictional universe, a world building project inspired by an existing world and so on. But problem is if not that many people are into that particular fictional universe, the RP idea or both, or the plot's boring, who knows, then I'm basically just scattering people over my several SU's, making all those RPs too small to continue.

But what to do about it? I'll just post some franchises and the ideas I got from them and we'll see which one gets the most, if any at all, interest.

Note: I did read a lot of recent pages here, but I didn't quite know if I liked them (usually involving the franchise not being that familiar to me, a common problem I think) as well as some RPs going on and SUs... So without further ado, let's give this random inspiration machine idea a try.

Pokémon: well, we are on the largest Pokémon forum as far as I know, so I'd imagine that's pretty interesting.

A CHA-05 RP (cyborg teens under the order of an evil organisation being programmed to act like a real teen, but think like an obedient robot with organic skin) might be interesting to me and maybe others.

A Pokémen RP perhaps as well, though there hasn't been that much interest in my two fanfics (I enjoyed writing my fics; if I didn't enjoy writing them, well that would be pretty strange so hence the fanfic-derived ideas).

I had another idea about Mew having come from another planet where there were a lot of them along with several other species and events play out so he becomes the progenitor of Pokémon. You could have a lot of fun thinking up other species and Mew's culture pre-Earth, where the humans would appear, while the normal animals got outcompeted by the Pokémon (or maybe transformed by Mew, like wolves into Houndour).

Also, how legendaries came to be (other idea). Perhaps it would be that they could attain power and responsibility, but only for a high price, like being one of a kind or only with a few or like what happened to Enti & co. (perhaps they were once Houndour). What would the consequences be of a 'new' legendary and so on.

Mass Effect: Biggest question: what's ME4 (fan nickname) going to be about?

Maybe it takes place during the Prothean cycle (The Metacon war, the final preparations for the next cycle as the Reapers destroy them or some other conflict involving unifying all the races instead of the council of the next cycle). This would involve a lot of worldbuilding though, if anyone's interested.

Or during humanity's first contact with aliens and moving along from there? The bitter feud with the turians even when the Council puts an end to the first contact war, the events that lead to humanity being admired and getting an embassy so quickly, humanity getting access to the Citadel races technology, ships and so on. A sort of extremely justified start from level 1 scenario, possibly.

Original, yet inspired: What if everyone started with a fictional alien race which they independently develop, with a certain evolution towards sentience (which is necessary, while a humanoid appearance isn't necessary, opposable thumbs perhaps), a tech tree, cultures, etc. untill they meet and cross-breed (not in that way xD)

Mergers or cutting of parts of ideas are possible^^ Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Mergers or cutting of parts of ideas are possible^^ Thoughts anyone?

I would say anything that's either purely original or Pokémon is a safe bet. Anything from an outside franchise and you're taking a risk. It's better if you take that franchise's ideas and themes and just translate them into something original and not be too formal with interpretations. Such as taking Avatar's fire, earth, water, and air benders and just making that an ability to control certain elements via a martial arts style. But I find mentioning a particular franchise name is a fast way to discourage anyone who doesn't know anything about it to join it

I had another idea about Mew having come from another planet where there were a lot of them along with several other species and events play out so he becomes the progenitor of Pokémon. You could have a lot of fun thinking up other species and Mew's culture pre-Earth, where the humans would appear, while the normal animals got outcompeted by the Pokémon (or maybe transformed by Mew, like wolves into Houndour).

This I would have to see more of to really get an idea for what's going on. It's an interesting situation, but where does the struggle lie? Is there some kind of clash or conflict going on?

Also, how legendaries came to be (other idea). Perhaps it would be that they could attain power and responsibility, but only for a high price, like being one of a kind or only with a few or like what happened to Enti & co. (perhaps they were once Houndour). What would the consequences be of a 'new' legendary and so on.

Expanding on this, you could have some kind of situation where old legendaries come face to face with new ones, or some kind of civil war among legendaries arises. Some may refuse to see others as "authentic members of the council" for these kinds of reasons, and as a result, you've got inner fighting going on.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I have been wanting to do a One Piece RPG for a while. My current one I am waiting for someone to sign up and I am losing interest in it admittingly.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I would say anything that's either purely original or Pokémon is a safe bet. Anything from an outside franchise and you're taking a risk. It's better if you take that franchise's ideas and themes and just translate them into something original and not be too formal with interpretations. Such as taking Avatar's fire, earth, water, and air benders and just making that an ability to control certain elements via a martial arts style. But I find mentioning a particular franchise name is a fast way to discourage anyone who doesn't know anything about it to join it

This I would have to see more of to really get an idea for what's going on. It's an interesting situation, but where does the struggle lie? Is there some kind of clash or conflict going on?

Expanding on this, you could have some kind of situation where old legendaries come face to face with new ones, or some kind of civil war among legendaries arises. Some may refuse to see others as "authentic members of the council" for these kinds of reasons, and as a result, you've got inner fighting going on.

I could make a RP that happens to contain the elements from an existing franchise and make the story with them that I would like to tell... A little worldbuilding would be necessary though in order to keep the plot and goals coherent, which is probably why writing fanfics and RPs is so interesting; you already have a 'codex' to draw rules, history and concepts from... I'll see what I can think of.

For the Mew idea, I guess it would be about those several species competing to be a progenitor of Pokémon, maybe they only get that power after becoming the dominant species, somehow. Maybe those Pokémon like Arceus, Dialga, Giratina and Palkia that must've existed before Mew bestow this progenitor power as well as their genetic code as to explain the discrepancy. Maybe Deoxys is from the same planet as Mew, Clefairy are their servants when they first landed on the moon, then on Earth.

Basically an origin story for Mew and the first Pokémon species (and perhaps explaining why humans could've survived competing with Pokémon: they came from outer space when humanity had already evolved to homo sapiens and perhaps Mew changed dogs, cats, bears, etc. into the Pokémon species we know now).
Only problem is how this becomes a story or RP since it sounds more like an epic of thousands of generations... unless Mew live an incredible long time. But then their time struggling for survival on their home planet would seem quite short, not too mention trivial compared to their progenitor acts...

For the legendary creation idea, it would also be a sharp difference between the normal Pokémon dealing with becoming a legendary (origin story) and their epic responsibilities and fights. Maybe normal Pokémon look to them as leaders in carving out domains for them to rule over, a struggle of the most brutal to gain power (for example, how did the stronger legendaries become so strong? Sacrifice, worship, them becoming the personification of time or space, lightning, the northern wind?). What role do humans have in believing in them, creating them (think the legendary dogs) or fighting them? It is very interesting, but more vague than ideas I can usually work into fanfics.

So RPs with a decent amount of worldbuilding I'd be very much interested in making and participating in, though I can be picky:p

@ DVB: Sorry, I know little about One Piece:s so I can't really comment on a RP.

aggiegwyn

I have an idea set for a more light-hearted RPG, since everything in the sign-up as of now looked really intense, which is something to be admired, but I just wanted to provide something a little outside the box. So, I have my first draft of the entire first post here, but I just wanted to see some opinions before I posted anything.

Disaster is set to destroy the kingdom. The houses are burning afire, people are running and screaming in panic, and the kingdom’s prize treasure is gone. The Golden Griffin, a prize earned by King Collin back when he was Prince Collin, has been stolen. It is the most treasured item of the Kingdom of Pyroden. As the fires begin to settle at last, the sun rests on the horizon. People see their lost homes and go to friends or family. Everything they had seems to have been lost.

Morning comes with mourning. But so does initiative. With some encouragement from the lovely Princess Polly, the King issues a quest to several people within the kingdom. They are not the brightest or the strongest. However, they all have one thing in common; they owe a huge debt to the king. Some of the soon-to-be adventurers are excited, others seem to know very well that their quest is a suicide mission. They are all expected to work together to find the Golden Griffin, wherever it may be.

It is said that back when King Collin was Prince Collin, he was sent on a quest to slay the evil dragon named Rex….or Wrecks…no one is incredible sure anymore. Anyhow, Prince Collin slayed Rex/Wrecks by hiding the dragon’s gold within nooks of the cave while Rex/Wrecks was sleeping. Then, Rex/Wrecks woke up and was outraged, set for Prince Collin’s kingdom under the suspicion that he had taken the gold there. As he was leaving the cave, Prince Collin called from the outside, saying “Come back here Rex/Wrecks! I have not yet slain you!”

Rex/Wrecks, thinking he was quite clever, destroyed the cave promptly by melting it with his fire. But while the cave was being melted Prince Collin slayed the dragon by cutting off the head. All of the gold was mixed with the rock of the cave except for one sole item: a small gold figurine of a griffin, which was the royal symbol of Prince Collin’s Kingdom.

While this story is very nice, it is much more likely that Prince Collin received this as part of a dowry for marrying Princess Penelope. But still, the item is beloved by the king and these people are still sent on a quest to go and fetch it. Nobody has any idea of who took the griffin, why, or how they passed the league of knights with no notice. And how they managed to set fire to so many homes. Your first post will be about gathering with the others to leave the kingdom later that day, at about noon. It’s the beginning of summer.

And all of these posts seem to be from too long ago to provide any criticism that they have not already thought of themselves, but if anybody would like me to provide opinions about their ideas, they need not but ask.

Oh, and also as I said before I have the entire first post set up, that's just the plot.

AllHailThrall

I've been looking at the RP forums and finding that most of the RPs currently active are either uninteresting to me or are already filled up. So I'm tossing out some ideas of my own to possibly get some backing on.

1) First idea is based on my own homebrew Dungeons and Dragons game. Don't worry, it really has nothing to do with base D&D so it won't fly over the heads of anyone who doesn't play that. I call it Tales of Omni-Terra. It'd probably be rated PG-15 or possibly even R due to combat, undead, and possibly mild language depending on how people decide to rp. It's a medieval world with a single continent where an empire called Aurentine used to rule with splendor. However, a wizard's apprentice named Faela was tempted by the dark powers of necromancy, became a lich, and brought the empire to its knees. The survivors fled to the north to found the city of Argentry in order to barricade themselves from their fallen brethren. To aid them, the elves of Linatharan sent them an enchanted gemstone known as the Heart, which has charms to protect the city and bring it prosperity. However, not everyone is happy with this. The dwarves, a race of clay-built miners and craftsmen, were the ones who originally found the Heart and had it stolen from them by the elves. The nation of Zakudo is a rival empire to Argentry and wishes to destroy the Heart so that it may invade Argentry. Finally, of course, Faela and the Fallen Ones wish to taint and corrupt the Heart with their necromantic magics to bring Argentry to darkness. All three of these factions are at each others' throats.

2) The second one is a lot more light-hearted, and a lot more crossover-ish. It's based on the idea of a world of video games (possibly limited to console games, or PC games, or something along those lines), where video game characters from different universes meet and work together (or against each other, villains and heroes of course). It's kind of like Wreck-it Ralph if you think of it like that, with game-jumping being less of an issue since it takes place in an alternate universe, probably with all of the characters living in one universe much like the single-player mode of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This one has rating pending, most likely it'd be PG-13 if I only go up to T-rated/PEGI-12 games, possibly PG-15 or R if I decide to allow M-rated/PEGI-16 or 18 games. The basic plot of this one is that a catastrophe causes the otherwise relatively peaceful world to be torn asunder and some of the villains attempt to take advantage of the breaking of the status quo in order to act on their plans. I haven't exactly decided on WHICH villains will decide to act but two possibilities I came up with are Nightmare/NME from Kirby or the Lich King from Warcraft.

3) The third idea is a little more abstract than the others. It takes place in a world where most of the landmass has been flooded by rising sea levels and all that peek up on the surface are large chains of islands, maybe a few landmasses here and there. It's kind of like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Basically, an angry sea goddess, offended by her worshippers, decided to try and flood the world and rebuild the land anew. In addition, in her attempts, she flooded the world with magic, creating monsters and changing some men and women into non-human beings. The world has existed like this for about 300 or 400 years and the world has descended into a sort of "golden age of piracy" swashbuckling fantasy realm. Hidden treasure, monsters, merfolk, sea battles, duels and the chance for glory and adventure on the high seas awaits those who have the courage to set sail on the World Sea. This one will probably be PG-13 or PG-15, most likely.

I hope I'm doing this right... I really would like to do any of those ideas and I would really like to see some feedback on these. ^^

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
@ aggiewyn

Usually if you want something to go a bit more lighthearted, it's probably best to make the opening storyline and introduction lighthearted and humorous so people know where you're going with it.

I like the debt to the king idea. That's a perfect way to get people's characters sunk into the storyline and not just weasel their way out. Meanwhile, the mission to retrieve the griffin statue is alright, but it just seems to stop there and doesn't really build upon itself any further. I think this is a good start, but I feel build upon it some more and incorporate other storyline and role play mechanics into it. Maybe Rex/Wrecks had friends and they divided up the statue amongst each other, and now the role players have to assemble all the pieces after getting them back from Rex's/Wrecks's dragon compatriots.

The setting needs more development too. What is the Kingdom of Pyroden like, and could you provide a map or at least a very detailed description of the area? That might be a good idea.

Also, there's this little thing that you might want to reconsider:

Your first post will be about gathering with the others to leave the kingdom later that day, at about noon.

Don't push all the role players to gather together. Every time I see that done, it grinds the role play to a halt and people wait on each other, get tired of waiting, and then run off to some other role play. Exposition stuff should be done, the characters should have already met, and the mission brief and journey onward should have already begun.

@ AllHailThrall

Idea #1

So far, so good, but I'd develop it further. Right now, there's really no mention of the characters that people will be role playing, and no word of how they'll be involved. There should be something of significance behind the role players' characters as opposed to the everyday NPCs.

Also, maybe consider a map or at least a detailed description of your world.

Idea #2

Sounds good as a premise, but I'd have to see it a little bit more developed before making a determination. I like the idea of Wreck-it Ralph game jumping. Maybe you could have each character come from a different game that threatens to be shut down or some other kind of crisis.

Idea #3

A good start, but maybe try coming up with particular treasures that the role players and other characters could seek out for power or some other supernatural ability. Maybe to add versatility, you could give characters the ability to transform from human to merfolk and back again by coming into contact with land or water. That way, everyone can get in on both sea and land battles rather than being confined to one or the other, but not both.

But yeah, I think all three ideas are worth developing further. Good luck with them.

AllHailThrall

Of course, I was just trying to gauge interest in the premise before developing further.

1) I do have a map and a detailed description of every area on Omni-Terra. The people would most likely be working for one of the two empires (Argentry and Zakudo) as soldiers, or possibly as neutral bystanders whose lives are shaped by the Argentry-Zakudo conflict (like the elves or the dwarves. Believe me, there's a ton of really interesting info about those two that I would love to elaborate on). The Fallen Ones seem far too monstrous to have player characters on that faction. I just feel that posting that much information on a post designed to gauge interest would kind of scare people off. I need to ask people "would you want to do a medieval fantasy rp" first, or it's really not worth elaborating far too much. I'm sorry if that makes no sense, but it makes sense to me. x-x

2) The thing about the concept I had in my head was, while the characters would all be video game characters, they wouldn't be "actors" playing a "role" like in Wreck-It Ralph, but they'd be the characters themselves. I.E., the Pac-Man ghosts, Bowser, and M. Bison would actually be evil villains. It has more in common with the Subspace Emissary from Smash Bros. than Wreck-It Ralph (really the only thing it has to do with the movie is the fact that it's many different video game characters from different companies and possibly consoles in the same place).

3) I just mentioned merfolk as a potential obstacle/thing the characters would run into alongside the ship battles and adventure. But your idea does hold a lot of water (no pun intended). That could be the special ability of a certain race or faction, or it might be an ability granted by some form of rare treasure or commodity (much like the Fruits from One Piece). The "evil goddess" I mentioned in the initial post could even have something to do with Atlantis, making the connection to merfolk rather easily (and making it rather easy to turn the "rare treasure or commodity" into the fictional metal orichalcum!)

Last edited:

aggiegwyn

@ aggiewyn

Usually if you want something to go a bit more lighthearted, it's probably best to make the opening storyline and introduction lighthearted and humorous so people know where you're going with it.

I like the debt to the king idea. That's a perfect way to get people's characters sunk into the storyline and not just weasel their way out. Meanwhile, the mission to retrieve the griffin statue is alright, but it just seems to stop there and doesn't really build upon itself any further. I think this is a good start, but I feel build upon it some more and incorporate other storyline and role play mechanics into it. Maybe Rex/Wrecks had friends and they divided up the statue amongst each other, and now the role players have to assemble all the pieces after getting them back from Rex's/Wrecks's dragon compatriots.

The setting needs more development too. What is the Kingdom of Pyroden like, and could you provide a map or at least a very detailed description of the area? That might be a good idea.

Also, there's this little thing that you might want to reconsider:

Don't push all the role players to gather together. Every time I see that done, it grinds the role play to a halt and people wait on each other, get tired of waiting, and then run off to some other role play. Exposition stuff should be done, the characters should have already met, and the mission brief and journey onward should have already begun.

Thank you, you raised some very great points. I have already made a world map, but I'm thinking of adding some kingdom maps to that the players can view to their leisure, or maybe I could make a painting to show them at least the idea of each kingdom. And when reading it again the other day, I did notice that and I'm going to change it to something a little lighter. The idea I was having was that whenever they found the griffin at whatever thief it may be (not spoiling it, sorry), that they would part ways, making a true ending to an RPG instead of the usual loss of interest. But now I see other options, and if I wish to make is more long-term than something like you said is what I'll do. And what you said about gathering provides a great point. And besides, now that I think about it they all live in the same kingdom. There isn't any need for introduction anyways.