• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

DVB

Philosopher Knight
One idea I juggled was a Pokemon crossover. Essentially, apply the world of Pokemon to a pre-existing series to try and make sense. I have two ideas, both are pretty dark.

One is in the form of Neon Evagenlion Genesis, using the legendaries as EVAs.

Another is have the Pokemon world fall into a state such as in the dark series: Now and Then, Here and There.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
And now my two cents.

Why does everyone insist on making things dark that aren't meant to be dark? It's like all the gory MLP fanfictions on the internet like Cupcakes. The series is a success as it is because everyone can enjoy it. If you want something dark, go read something else that's actually meant to be dark. Pokemon, and MLP for that matter are generally meant to be lighthearted and fun that everyone can appreciate. I can understand trying to make it more mature, but some people take it too far. >.<

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I know. I figured they were pretty dark. I guess with Pokemon, you have a different world and trying to form a story in it takes time to figure it out. If its too restrictive, it isn't fun. Too big and people feel listless and wanddering and people stop updating

Pyroli

Banned
And now my two cents.

Why does everyone insist on making things dark that aren't meant to be dark? It's like all the gory MLP fanfictions on the internet like Cupcakes. The series is a success as it is because everyone can enjoy it. If you want something dark, go read something else that's actually meant to be dark. Pokemon, and MLP for that matter are generally meant to be lighthearted and fun that everyone can appreciate. I can understand trying to make it more mature, but some people take it too far. >.<

Dark is the most fun you can have.

Many people like the psychological aspect of it, and find it quite fun to play. Creepypasta's are popular for a reason, you know. Making cute things dark or sexual is the internet's job, in a sense. Especially with most of the mainstream media and current world events being quite dark. IE; our society is pretty dark.

Most of the popular television shows on right now are rather dark, and people do enjoy their crossovers. I mean, my current favorite show is Hannibal. Nothing like waking up to cannibalism.

I can understand where you're coming from however, Pokemon and MLP are usually marketed off as being for the younger audiences. And sometimes people can go a little too far with the maturity levels. IE; why is there NSFW MLP fanart. Why.

I, myself enjoy dark RPs. But a lot of people do not and I respect their opinion on that matter.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Then again, too much dark is bad. Seriously, dark =/= deep or meaniful. Anyone who thinks so (looking at you Kefka), really need to have an attitude adjustment. We had plenty of darh and edgy things from the 90s and now thr jaded cynical thing. No mas gracias. Time for some joy and adventure.

Granted my late July RPG won't be that and I am not sure how long I can make my Gift of the Magi RPG last before I crack, but some more upbeat things are needed.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
I had tried to work out an RP that crossed over Pokemon and pirates, but that, like many of my other pirate RP's, didn't go to well. Although I don't think Pokemon RP's should be dark, but they shouldn't be shallow otherwise there is no way it will last long.

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Then again, too much dark is bad. Seriously, dark =/= deep or meaningful. Anyone who thinks so (looking at you Kafka), really need to have an attitude adjustment. We had plenty of dark and edgy things from the 90s and now the jaded cynical thing. No mas gracias. Time for some joy and adventure.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one that thinks this. I'm all for the occasional dark-and-ironic story, but there's just been so much post-apocalyptic nightmare fuel swarming the media (and the RPG section) that I've honestly gotten sick of it. =/ Which of course is why I'm working on a dark FE RPG... yeah, I'm a hypocrite, sorry.

Shep said:
I had tried to work out an RP that crossed over Pokemon and pirates, but that, like many of my other pirate RP's, didn't go to well. Although I don't think Pokemon RP's should be dark, but they shouldn't be shallow otherwise there is no way it will last long.

Back in 2010, Handymankg2 (now Handy? with a ?) started up an RP with a similar premise, where Team Aqua traveled back in time and turned the world into a giant archipelago. It won an award, too. You could probably PM him if you needed some ideas.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Guess I should re work my post apocalyptic Pokemon RP I've been making.

It is based on one I only made a sign up for last year. In it, the humans misused the powers of pokemon and abused them and ultimately Arceus came down and, in an effort to protect his children, sent them to his realm. There were, however, one of each species of pokemon that were put in crystals and spread around the world by Arceus because one day he knew that humans and pokemon would need each other. In a fit of rage, he also destroyed all the towns and cities. This causes the pokemon world to go into Martial Law.

The RPG takes place about 100 years after this. People come to find that when certain crystals come into contact with certain people, the pokemon inside the crystal would awaken and make a soul link. A soul link is a bond created when a worthy human comes into contact with a crystallized pokemon and awakens the pokemon from its slumber. Now this is where the two ideas split off.

In the original, the pokemon awakened was merely just a soul. This meant that the soul could enter the human body and create a sort of pokemon human hybrid. There were also three stages to this with varying levels of power and different looks. In the new one, the pokemon is living and breathing and acts like the pokemon also had prior to being imprisoned.

In both, the military finds a way to force link a crystal and a human but, to disastrous results. In my new one, it creates the pokemon human hybrid called Chimeras. The chimeras are filled with rage and sorrow and cannot sleep, making them insane but extremely powerful. The military becomes power hungry and uses these insane mutants as a show of power. The military puts shock collars on them in order to control them.

Now here's the conflict.

Many places have actually been able to rebuild to almost exactly how they were prior to Arceus destroying everything. These cities, all across the regions, have made a World Government and, once the areas are rebuilt, they join this government. In other words, places that are still being built are under martial law until they are completely rebuilt. However, the discovery of these crystals made a rift between the World Government or the UN and the Military named, the Crusaders. The military found that with these chimeras they can rule with fear and because ruthless and turned cities and areas which they still controlled into Military Dictatorships rather than the preventative government they were prior. This causes the UN to take action and go against the Crusaders and destroy them. Since the Crusaders are using the forced soul link mutants, the UN employs the soul linked individuals and their pokemon to take care of them.

Unbeknownst to the humans and the pokemon soul linked, this is a test by Arceus to see if humans and pokemon can once again live in harmony.

Now, the thing is, the cities that are rebuilt it's like business as usual. Essentially the only post apocalyptic themes are in the Military controlled areas.

Skillfulness

What's the VR Pokemon game like?

Well Nintendo came out with a new online Pokémon game and you, a player, are selected to test the new virtual reality version of it. Of course it's amazing and so realistic. Players would discover something shocking about the VR Pokémon World, if you haven't guessed already. A previous RP that was really good was Pokémon Battle Island Revolution by Jay star. It was pretty simple with a bit of a plot going on but was rather open-ended and went over amazingly well. My first RP, Memory Reversal, worked pretty good too and was Pokémon centered. Don't know if I'd want to bring that back or not though...

My opinion are dark stories: They are good, in moderation. Like chocolate, too much and it not only makes you sick, but it loses its luster as well. Perhaps, a good alternative is a serious RP. An overall friendly one with darker undertones suggesting a bigger story at play.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
I had an idea of an RP about a group of people in Hoenn who try to track down Mirage Island. But it felt too generic to me. Eclipse, I like your idea. A lot

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Thanks Sheps, it's tentatively titled Pokemon: Crystal Memories. I wanted to lighten it up now since all this negative talk of making Pokemon darker came up. My opinion of it is darker makes it much more interesting. I like the idea of breaking down the light-hearted veneer pokemon has. Too much lightness can also be very annoying. Too many sweets give you cavities. But, I believe this RPG Forum needs more representation of pokemon but, with a mixture of lighter stories and darker stories. Its actually hard to make a perfect blend in one story. You will always be teetering with more lighter or darker. Also, basically anything except a adventure or tournament story line makes the RPG automatically darker because the original concept of pokemon is SO light.

Last edited:

Pyroli

Banned
Guess I should re work my post apocalyptic Pokemon RP I've been making.

It is based on one I only made a sign up for last year. In it, the humans misused the powers of pokemon and abused them and ultimately Arceus came down and, in an effort to protect his children, sent them to his realm. There were, however, one of each species of pokemon that were put in crystals and spread around the world by Arceus because one day he knew that humans and pokemon would need each other. In a fit of rage, he also destroyed all the towns and cities. This causes the pokemon world to go into Martial Law.

The RPG takes place about 100 years after this. People come to find that when certain crystals come into contact with certain people, the pokemon inside the crystal would awaken and make a soul link. A soul link is a bond created when a worthy human comes into contact with a crystallized pokemon and awakens the pokemon from its slumber. Now this is where the two ideas split off.

In the original, the pokemon awakened was merely just a soul. This meant that the soul could enter the human body and create a sort of pokemon human hybrid. There were also three stages to this with varying levels of power and different looks. In the new one, the pokemon is living and breathing and acts like the pokemon also had prior to being imprisoned.

In both, the military finds a way to force link a crystal and a human but, to disastrous results. In my new one, it creates the pokemon human hybrid called Chimeras. The chimeras are filled with rage and sorrow and cannot sleep, making them insane but extremely powerful. The military becomes power hungry and uses these insane mutants as a show of power. The military puts shock collars on them in order to control them.

Now here's the conflict.

Many places have actually been able to rebuild to almost exactly how they were prior to Arceus destroying everything. These cities, all across the regions, have made a World Government and, once the areas are rebuilt, they join this government. In other words, places that are still being built are under martial law until they are completely rebuilt. However, the discovery of these crystals made a rift between the World Government or the UN and the Military named, the Crusaders. The military found that with these chimeras they can rule with fear and because ruthless and turned cities and areas which they still controlled into Military Dictatorships rather than the preventative government they were prior. This causes the UN to take action and go against the Crusaders and destroy them. Since the Crusaders are using the forced soul link mutants, the UN employs the soul linked individuals and their pokemon to take care of them.

Unbeknownst to the humans and the pokemon soul linked, this is a test by Arceus to see if humans and pokemon can once again live in harmony.

Now, the thing is, the cities that are rebuilt it's like business as usual. Essentially the only post apocalyptic themes are in the Military controlled areas.

This sounds fantastic. I would definitely want a part in this if you put it up. This is quite an interesting concept and I really do hope you follow through with it.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Thanks Sheps, it's tentatively titled Pokemon: Crystal Memories. I wanted to lighten it up now since all this negative talk of making Pokemon darker came up. My opinion of it is darker makes it much more interesting. I like the idea of breaking down the light-hearted veneer pokemon has. Too much lightness can also be very annoying. Too many sweets give you cavities. But, I believe this RPG Forum needs more representation of pokemon but, with a mixture of lighter stories and darker stories. Its actually hard to make a perfect blend in one story. You will always be teetering with more lighter or darker. Also, basically anything except a adventure or tournament story line makes the RPG automatically darker because the original concept of pokemon is SO light.

Anyway you hack it, it sounds interesting and I would probably join.

I think I might try my hand at putting an RP together, and my initial thought in something to do with dreams. I had another idea, but with all the talk about to many dark RPs, I am putting that on back burner.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I guess I'll try to make a Pokémon RP. I agree with people that it just seems like Pokémon RPs have been stuffed into the backburner right now, and we could always use a few more.

As for dark themes, well, every RP needs some kind of problematic situation, or else there's really nothing out of the ordinary going on. That thrill of fighting against danger and taking risks needs to be there, or else there's just really no story that's interesting or captivating to delve into. I can understand that not everyone's into post-apocalyptic scenarios where things really have gone wrong, but you can't really have a true adventure if there's no risk or threat of danger involved.

AllHailThrall

I'm thinking the World Sea one is going belly-up... I don't know what Sheps thinks. Or maybe it's just that the whole password thing has got everyone out of the mood to RP. I'm not entirely sure. But point is I have a few more alternate ideas. XD

One of them kind of makes me think of Who Framed Roger Rabbit (not as in actual cartoon characters like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse, that idea would go belly up like the video game idea I had earlier) but the idea of cartoon characters living alongside flesh-and-blood real people. Kind of like Roger Rabbit or Toonstruck or something along those lines. You know, a crime drama with cartoons. Sounds fun to me.

Of course, I could always try the Omni-Terra idea. I'm pretty sure that'd be more popular anyway.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I'm thinking the World Sea one is going belly-up... I don't know what Sheps thinks. Or maybe it's just that the whole password thing has got everyone out of the mood to RP. I'm not entirely sure. But point is I have a few more alternate ideas. XD

One of them kind of makes me think of Who Framed Roger Rabbit (not as in actual cartoon characters like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse, that idea would go belly up like the video game idea I had earlier) but the idea of cartoon characters living alongside flesh-and-blood real people. Kind of like Roger Rabbit or Toonstruck or something along those lines. You know, a crime drama with cartoons. Sounds fun to me.

Of course, I could always try the Omni-Terra idea. I'm pretty sure that'd be more popular anyway.

I like the cartoon crime drama idea. But yeah, I would recommend that people use entirely made-up cartoon characters rather than existing, actual ones. There's just a few things that might need to be answered first though.

First is cartoon logic and physics. Like most Saturday morning cartoons, cartoon characters can take damage and pain that would normally kill a person, and just shake it off, like having a bomb go off in their face only result in being covered in easily-shaken off black soot. Getting squashed or run over typically has the same kind of results. For this, cartoon characters are almost seemingly immortal, although they're capable of feeling pain. However, realty-breaking can only be put into play when the end result is funny.

This goes into it further.
This too

The other thing is storyline and what kinds of roles characters will have. Also, the separation between toons and normal humans is another matter. Both roles should have their advantages and disadvantages.

Also, as a result, rules of god-modding and bunnying will very likely have to be put on the backburner for this. But honestly, it's probably about time we have an RP that's allowed to break those kinds of rules for the comedy value.

AllHailThrall

I'm thinking the pros and cons would be that humans, while quite mortal and unable to bend the laws of physics like Toons can, are much more level-headed, relatively able to be trusted, and are for the most part rather intelligent. Toons are functionally immortal, can warp the laws of reality for the sake of comedy, and so forth, but are typically high-strung goofballs, tend towards senseless slapstick violence and mischievousness, and don't usually make the best decisions. In addition, Toons are usually defined by a few profound character traits that dominate their behavior, whereas humans are multifaceted and complex. That doesn't mean there aren't simple humans and complex Toons but that's the norm.

Also, if you've watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Toons are bound to cartoon tropes and cliches, such as when....

Eddie and Roger are hiding from Judge Doom and Roger is unable to resist responding to "Shave and a Haircut" with "Two bits!"

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
If anyone were to make a Grimm RPG, I would be sooo happy

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
So...I have an idea. It's a demon RP, and it would take place during the modern day, after demons have revealed themselves. They had remained hidden before, but two weeks prior to the start of the RP, a dragon transformed itself into is dragon form right in the middle of a famous bay (haven't decided on which). General chaos ensues. The players would be government (haven't decided which) agents trying to figure out why the demons did that (they are also under a strict no-kill policy, after all, the demons who revealed themselves had committed no crimes and they are citizens). There would be two factions who already knew about demons, one who wanted to help the human-friendly ones and the other would kill demons on sight. They would be mixed in with the agents, having already had a job. Of course, demons would probably have snuck in, too. If anyone wants to help me co-GM this (as I am a n00b at RP-ing), you can say so.

Thoughts on this idea? Is it cliche, done before, or cliche and done before?