• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Would anyone be interested in a Castlevania RP? I've been playing with various ideas over the past month and I came up with some for a game based off the Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow plots. Basically, Dracula finally gets perma-killed in 1999 and Castlevania gets sealed inside of a solar eclipse (video game logic, obviously). However, Dracula's powers get split up and end up in children born on or a few months after the date of his defeat. For the RP here, these heirs of Dracula's power are drawn into Castlevania the next time it appears, a solar eclipse about 17 years later.

It'll play out sort of like Clue, where one player is chosen unknowingly to be the reborn Dracula while the other heirs simply have fragments of his power. They make their way through the castle, fighting each other or working together until one of them, the reborn one or maybe another, becomes the master of Castlevania. There's also a Belmont or two around, as well as others who've managed to get into the castle; these others might want to take it over for themselves, or they might want to destroy it forever. Not only that, but the castle itself is a genius loci trying to turn the heirs evil so that the world can be taken over by the forces of darkness. The players could take any of those roles. Except the castle and Death, because they'd be my characters.

Any ideas or interest in this?

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Would anyone be interested in a Castlevania RP? I've been playing with various ideas over the past month and I came up with some for a game based off the Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow plots. Basically, Dracula finally gets perma-killed in 1999 and Castlevania gets sealed inside of a solar eclipse (video game logic, obviously). However, Dracula's powers get split up and end up in children born on or a few months after the date of his defeat. For the RP here, these heirs of Dracula's power are drawn into Castlevania the next time it appears, a solar eclipse about 17 years later.

It'll play out sort of like Clue, where one player is chosen unknowingly to be the reborn Dracula while the other heirs simply have fragments of his power. They make their way through the castle, fighting each other or working together until one of them, the reborn one or maybe another, becomes the master of Castlevania. There's also a Belmont or two around, as well as others who've managed to get into the castle; these others might want to take it over for themselves, or they might want to destroy it forever. Not only that, but the castle itself is a genius loci trying to turn the heirs evil so that the world can be taken over by the forces of darkness. The players could take any of those roles. Except the castle and Death, because they'd be my characters.

Any ideas or interest in this?

I'm interested, Ysavvryl. Although, I've never played Castlevania sadly, so will knowledge of the games still be required?. Will it be a shortish rp because it'll just be in a castle, or will the characters go to other locations if the rp is successful?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
@Aura of Twilight: You won't need to have experience with Castlevania games. They're pretty simple when it comes to plots: most of them can be summed up as 'Dracula's being evil, go stop him'.

As for length, it depends on how crazy we get with adding areas to the castle. You'll be restricted to the castle, but Castlevania is usually a huge and varied location. There is a clear goal, so it could be short depending on how things play out. Like I mentioned, it's like Clue; depending on how many participate and how quickly things are figured out, a game of Clue can take minutes or hours.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
@Aura of Twilight: You won't need to have experience with Castlevania games. They're pretty simple when it comes to plots: most of them can be summed up as 'Dracula's being evil, go stop him'.

As for length, it depends on how crazy we get with adding areas to the castle. You'll be restricted to the castle, but Castlevania is usually a huge and varied location. There is a clear goal, so it could be short depending on how things play out. Like I mentioned, it's like Clue; depending on how many participate and how quickly things are figured out, a game of Clue can take minutes or hours.

I looked around the wiki a little and I easily got hooked, so if you make an rp out of the series it'll certainly be interesting. I really want one of the games now. XD

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
I'd play the hell out of a Castlevania RP. Do it.

Zalck

Back Again...
Hi guys.

Sorry for the delays, but Yugioh's turned into a fan fic by me and my friend... basically because I don't think (Unless we all had major experience dueling) the battles would be clear cut enough that it would make a fun RP. So, yeah. That's sad.

Secondly, Digimon has recently been added to Netflix. And I'm so pumped. I want to do Digimon! I was thinking about my own story, but I'd love to work out something with anyone on a Digimon RP.

And a Castlevania RP sounds awesome. I've never played, but heard a lot about the games.

rotrum

Ice Cold
Digimon would be interesting and it's something I actually know about, so I'm all for it.

I recently finished Darker Than Black (anyone know where I can find the OVAs? And who agrees that it is has a wholly unsatisfying ending? Truth exists beyond the gate; What truth? The truth of the Contractors and Gates is never really discussed at all. Izanagi and Izanami are pretty confusing.) And I'm curious how many other people have seen it and would have any way to make it a navigable RP that wouldn't require much knowledge to participate in. (Problems being that people die really easily in it. Even so, I think it could be a good medium for an RP because the anime did a lot of focus on varied characters and their histories, and their slight emotions despite supposedly being completely sociopathic. If someone could think of an overarching plot, perhaps something to do with The Syndicate and American Control over everything post Season 2, or an alternate Heaven's War, and allowed for people to create more characters.) It would also be interesting to see subtle personalities and more focus on History and creativity with a simple power. Of course humans would be involved.

Gentleman.

Shinobi
I'm thinking about Yu-Gi-Oh! RP, maybe based at Duel Academy, you can start off with 40 cards as a student. Teachers would be NPCed by yours truly and I'd have all sorts of events going on.
What does everybody else think?

Nythe

Mostly Harmless
I would probably be interested. An obvious problem, however, is how the duels would happen. Making a post for each turn would take too long, so you should come up with a solution before you make the RP.

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
How about a Pokemon RP involving zombies. Players are trapped in a random Pokemon city and they have to escape Pokemon zombies. It's like crazy and stuff because the Pokemon are trying to kill the players so we use whatever means possible to fight off the infestation like baseball bats.

All satire, of course.

Now being serious, I'd love to participate in a good Digimon RP. Won't GM it though.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
How about a Pokemon RP involving zombies. Players are trapped in a random Pokemon city and they have to escape Pokemon zombies. It's like crazy and stuff because the Pokemon are trying to kill the players so we use whatever means possible to fight off the infestation like baseball bats.

All satire, of course.

Now being serious, I'd love to participate in a good Digimon RP. Won't GM it though.

Satire apocalypse RPs have been done before, both with and without Pokemon, and they almost never, ever work. If you pursue that idea, I suggest putting a lot of effort into it because you're probably going to have to work to get people interested in it, at least from my experience.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I have three ideas in my head, all of which are in various states of being worked out. Just wondering what people think and if there would be interest. Keep in mind all of my RPs are Sandbox, where the GM doesn't have a clear grip on the story and people are allowed to freeroam.

1. A My Little Pony Side story. A slightly more mature story, with fighting, the possibility of love, and maybe mild blood dependent on how much fighting goes on. An evil entity from space invades the world while the six big hero ponies are busy or otherwise not around (Spoilers!), and it's up to other ponies to fight the good fight. CoGM-ed with Delta, and can't be run until he's ready.

2. A Winx Club school story set about five to ten years after the events of all the episodes. A new bad guy/girl threatens Magix and it's up to new students to save it. This will probably be done in multiple parts, a part for each year.

3. A Sonic based story which is set in Blaze's world of Sol some years after the events of Sonic Rush Adventure. The world is again threatened by Nega and Blaze comes to the prime dimension seeking help from any available heroes.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
1. A My Little Pony Side story. A slightly more mature story, with fighting, the possibility of love, and maybe mild blood dependent on how much fighting goes on. An evil entity from space invades the world while the six big hero ponies are busy or otherwise not around (Spoilers!), and it's up to other ponies to fight the good fight. CoGM-ed with Delta, and can't be run until he's ready.

2. A Winx Club school story set about five to ten years after the events of all the episodes. A new bad guy/girl threatens Magix and it's up to new students to save it. This will probably be done in multiple parts, a part for each year.

I'd be interested in these two.

Last edited:

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
I have three ideas in my head, all of which are in various states of being worked out. Just wondering what people think and if there would be interest. Keep in mind all of my RPs are Sandbox, where the GM doesn't have a clear grip on the story and people are allowed to freeroam.

3. A Sonic based story which is set in Blaze's world of Sol some years after the events of Sonic Rush Adventure. The world is again threatened by Nega and Blaze comes to the prime dimension seeking help from any available heroes.

...Geez, I think I actually did watch Winx Club as a kid at one point or another.

Anyway, all of these ideas, especially the first and last one, sound real interesting (I just know if you make them I'll play something obscure, like a non-pony race in the MLP one or something like a scientist type character who is a relative to Dr. Eggman in the Sonic one).

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I'm currently on a major LOST binge watching the series for the first time, and am thinking about doing a stranded on an island RP similar to LOST. It would be a good RP to try out an interesting character application with two parts. The first part, posted to the thread, would be topical information that other characters could know without much digging: appearance, personality, and what name and history the character would freely share. The other part is deeper stuff. If the character goes by an alias, their real name is given. Their history is explained in detail. In essence, this is the private side of the character. This second part is PMed to me.

I don't really have a good plot developed, and I'm not far enough into LOST to ape its plot too heavily. Still trying to find ideas.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Hey, I was thinking of giving a third shot at making a My Little Pony RP. With the earlier ones, I'm pretty sure my main problem (besides me being an inactive dingus) was that I made them open, but not that open. It wasn't GM driven, so stuff can move smoothly as long as the GM is around (I.E.: Rainbow Omen), but it wasn't Player driven so everything was open so people could choose to do what they want to do themselves (I.E.: Future Imperfect). The fact that those RPs lasted longer than a few months when sadly few do pretty much proves it. Though in the end of course, it mainly comes down to the GM and players themselves that determine whether it will last or not. So yeah, this one will be more GM driven. Plus that way of Bronislav and Delta go through with their idea, our RPs don't end up being the same. >.>

Anyways, the plot would pretty much be that the Mane 6 have vanished and six new heroes will have to take their place (though it won't necessarily be as simple as that), with there also being potential supporting characters. Just making sure people would actually be interested in this before I write up some plot and stuff for it.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Hey, I was thinking of giving a third shot at making a My Little Pony RP. With the earlier ones, I'm pretty sure my main problem (besides me being an inactive dingus) was that I made them open, but not that open. It wasn't GM driven, so stuff can move smoothly as long as the GM is around (I.E.: Rainbow Omen), but it wasn't Player driven so everything was open so people could choose to do what they want to do themselves (I.E.: Future Imperfect). The fact that those RPs lasted longer than a few months when sadly few do pretty much proves it. Though in the end of course, it mainly comes down to the GM and players themselves that determine whether it will last or not. So yeah, this one will be more GM driven. Plus that way of Bronislav and Delta go through with their idea, our RPs don't end up being the same. >.>

Anyways, the plot would pretty much be that the Mane 6 have vanished and six new heroes will have to take their place (though it won't necessarily be as simple as that), with there also being potential supporting characters. Just making sure people would actually be interested in this before I write up some plot and stuff for it.

I'd join. The only reason I didn't the first two times was because I wasn't a brony yet. :p

Delta Hunter

The G-Rank MH
I would join too Billy Mays. I joined your second one twice, and I'll join this one

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I'm game as well Billy Mays.