• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I wouldn't want to make anything that's too similar to what you guys are playing already. How about a sci-fi role-play?

Sci-Fi is always cool! Though supernatural stuff also Works. Did you have any plans for a sci-fi RP?

chihaya01

Thank you my prince!
I've really felt a strong desire to have a Prince/Princess RPG that also utilizes the Magical Girl genre. Like a Rose of Versailles (Pre+Post French Revolution) meets Revolutionary Girl Utena (Princes and Princesses, but really feminist), then has a love child with Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (Magical Girls). A tale about love, friendship, and the hime-sama laugh in every post. The villains would most likely draw roots from Utena and Sailor Moon, as princes and princess who fell from grace and became wicked witches. Rose of Versailles is really just aesthetic, because everyone should always be in large gowns and military coats. It really sets the stage for interesting characters and plot development, but role-players who really know how to make interesting characters and stories for their characters would be important for it and I'm no where near capable of running something like this. Honestly, a simple Pretty Guardian/Magical Girl role-play would satisfy me the most.

katelia

Graceful Elegance
Hmm... since I'm pretty new here I'm not sure where to go with this...
I'm pretty much into RP, but mostly using a different kind of platform, realtime.
Is there a general interest in roleplay through IRC chat?
Just wondering if there's people around who'd like to try it. It's a nice experience. ^^

(replace this post if it doesn't fit here btw)

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
@katelia - Technically, the question is a legitimate question to ask and I will have to say that IRC roleplay isn't really a huge thing on serebii. Sure there might be a few who would like to do so, but in general IRC roleplay isn't allowed in the rpg section since you would have to "advertise" your IRC server or one you use to roleplay on. I personally, wouldn't mind trying it, but I'm not that interested in doing it, since I am rarely on nowadays.

Hotshot

Two ideas!

First, anybody who's played Pokemon X/Y has heard about the great War between regions 300 years ago. Well, I would like to start a Pokemon War RPG, in which RPers play as soldiers in the Kalosian army and navy. However, as certain technologies are nonexistent 300 years ago, fighting would be done without guns, Pokeballs, or certain Pokemon (namely those which are artificially created, such as Porygon).

One would fight alongside whatever Pokemon one had been able to tame. These would function like battle partners, but also might serve as steeds (Rapidash, Rhyhorn, Dodrio, etc.) or even weapons themselves (*cough*Honedge*cough*).

The idea's still in the works, but I just wanted to see if it appealed to anyone here.

--------

The second idea is one I've done before, and has always proven to be quite fun. This one is set in a mythical fantasy-Japan, in which humans and Yokai (or monsters/ghosts) live together. Generally, I set this RP in a feudal time period, but I'm thinking about setting it in our modern-period. The storyline follows a banished Kami (divine being) who rallies troops to combat both Heaven and Hell. If you like magic, martial arts, monsters, and lots of hot spring-scenes, then this is for you!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
The first one sounds good. I'm usually a little leery of pokemon RPGs, but this sounds like one that could have enough meat to work well.

For the second one, I'd have to suggest doing some further research (Yokai, Kami, Shinto), and setting-up clearly defined guidelines. It's something that could be pretty awesome, or go very wrong really fast.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I know trainer RPGs are usually the least popular types of RPGs for some people, but with ORAS just around the corner, I was thinking that maybe some back to basics, easy plot RPGing might be in order to get people a bit more worked up for the games. Any takers?

I'm still working on the EBF RPG, I've just had a bit of trouble with balancing issues.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
There is an active Pokemon RP atm, but I'd be interested in seeing how you'd utilize your ideas.

Pyroli

Banned
I know trainer RPGs are usually the least popular types of RPGs for some people, but with ORAS just around the corner, I was thinking that maybe some back to basics, easy plot RPGing might be in order to get people a bit more worked up for the games. Any takers?

Simple RPG's like that are actually some of my favourites. It's been awhile since there's been a really fun one, or any like that for that matter. It would certainly be nice to see one.

Le Prince de Fées

Spirit Conductor

I'm still working on the EBF RPG, I've just had a bit of trouble with balancing issues.

I've been aching to participate i one of these. I'm all in once it gets completed. Trainer RPGs are some of my favorite kind of RPGs.

rotrum

Ice Cold
Cardcaptor Sakura recently came on crunchyroll, and though I don't have a membership I have been rewatching the whole thing.

I can't actually run an RP, but I thought I'd come here and put it your minds. I've always loved the Clow Cards. The personalities, hierarchies, the relative uselessness of some over others. (The Glow, The Flower vs. The Firey, The Shot).

I don't actually have any ideas, either but...here's hoping someone else does ^^;

doesanyoneelsestilllikesakuraanyways

Pyroli

Banned
I've been considering doing a sort of, Grand Theft Auto themed RPG. Where a group of around 6-8 people are in a closely knit group with different sorts of specialties (as in a sniper, a bomb tech, ect.) and preform heists together in a large city. I feel like it could be a fun concept to initiate if I could get people on board with it. If you're a fan of Achievement Hunter, consider the Heists they do in the GTA V online universe, I want to make an RPG in the style of that.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Cardcaptor Sakura recently came on crunchyroll, and though I don't have a membership I have been rewatching the whole thing.

I can't actually run an RP, but I thought I'd come here and put it your minds. I've always loved the Clow Cards. The personalities, hierarchies, the relative uselessness of some over others. (The Glow, The Flower vs. The Firey, The Shot).

I don't actually have any ideas, either but...here's hoping someone else does ^^;

Sounds like fun, but I only got to watch a few episodes, so I don't feel confident to GM that either. I'd probably do a sort of 'reboot' if I did though.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls

I used to watch this in English before Warner butchered it cause of the one thing that I didn't even know about until somebody told me about it.

As for an RP if it was to be done, I say let people make up their own cards on top of the ones that exist. Like I know the mechanics, but heck if I remember all the cards.

Last edited:

rotrum

Ice Cold
The internet has a repository of all 52-ish, which should give a decent bit of wiggle room between them. (Not that I'm objecting, just making sure this is known, if someone is interested)

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Oh I would love a Cardcaptors RPG (closet fan (which is a bit redundant on the net, but I would never have admitted to it irl)). I made one YEARS ago using Tarot Cards as a basis for a new set.