• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
An RBWY rpg... haven't watch much of the actual story plot, but from my guesses, it's sort of like FF7, except we're dealing with dust instead of materia.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
yeah pretty much, gigantic freaking amazing weapons.

Titan500

Solar Panels
You could sorta argue that the Schnee Dust Company is ShinRa, but otherwise the academies bring more to mind Balamb Garden from FF8.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
I totally want to renew the Gijinka Project, but I don't know whether or not there'll be enough people who support the RP. There were so many things I went out of my way to correct from last time that'll make more sense and be more interesting. I'm certain that it'd actually be successful now if enough people were willing to join it. I've also decided on a certain time and place at which people should be able to make Legendary Gijinka sign ups (although only one for each, unless they have my permission for some reason). I'm mostly worried that people joining the Morph Legends RP will end up thinking that I'm trying to steal its attention. I decided just recently that it should be set off the coast of Unova for the opening. It's got a sign up thread on Bulbagarden, but it hasn't gotten much support since it began a week ago. I'd also thought that it might be interesting if it ended up being a cross-forum RP (not necessarily meaning that the characters from each forum would interact with each other, but that there'd be some "continuity nods" acknowledging that "this character did something here" throughout the RP).

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
That would be cool, If you do It I would sign up.

You might want to wait until after the Morph legends blows over.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
RE: RWBY: I've seen a lot of RWBY rpgs around on other forums, and unfortunately enough they always seem to die. It might have something to do with them usually attracting younger and less experienced players for whatever reason, but either way I'd love to try play in one, once. Not sure if I'd have the time to join anytime soon, though.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I totally want to renew the Gijinka Project, but I don't know whether or not there'll be enough people who support the RP. There were so many things I went out of my way to correct from last time that'll make more sense and be more interesting. I'm certain that it'd actually be successful now if enough people were willing to join it. I've also decided on a certain time and place at which people should be able to make Legendary Gijinka sign ups (although only one for each, unless they have my permission for some reason). I'm mostly worried that people joining the Morph Legends RP will end up thinking that I'm trying to steal its attention. I decided just recently that it should be set off the coast of Unova for the opening. It's got a sign up thread on Bulbagarden, but it hasn't gotten much support since it began a week ago. I'd also thought that it might be interesting if it ended up being a cross-forum RP (not necessarily meaning that the characters from each forum would interact with each other, but that there'd be some "continuity nods" acknowledging that "this character did something here" throughout the RP).

I'm in Morph Legends right now, and I'd be totally for this. We haven't even started the RP, in fact, since the host wants to have every spot filled. He said regardless of that he wants to start in early February, but I digress. I'd sign up.

Aon_Epiphany

Dreams and Wishes
I'm in Morph Legends right now, and I'd be totally for this. We haven't even started the RP, in fact, since the host wants to have every spot filled. He said regardless of that he wants to start in early February, but I digress. I'd sign up.

I second this

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
Crash and Charm, let me know if you start that Conquest RPG, because I would definitely sign up!
Just one question, though. Can we use Pokemon that aren't in Pokemon Conquest?

Truly Deceptive, that Gijinka RPG sounds interesting. We would be Gijinka Pokemon, right? That sounds fun!

I would also like to see a Legend of Zelda RPG.
If I started it, I would make it so you could be any race seen in canonical Zelda game, as long as it's not ridiculously obscure. Then, within the races would be different classes, like Hylian would have your regular ones, such as archer, knight, or thief. Kind of like Zelda meets Dungeons and Dragons (although I have not actually played D and D, I heard a little about it and would very much like to play it). You could also choose what side you're on and maybe in-game go to the different lands seen in Zelda.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I am still pnanning on starting it, and yes pokemon outside of conquest would be fine.

RapidashRocks524

Want Mega Rapidash!
Sounds fun! (YAY! RAPIDASH!)

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
If I just got one or two more SUs, I'd start the RP. Also, I figured that Gijinka would essentially be the only types of characters everyone would want to make here. That's actually a good thing; having a bunch of characters in the same group (or, at least, separate groups of characters with similar goals) makes it easier to direct the characters in the RP.

Chili

If I just got one or two more SUs, I'd start the RP. Also, I figured that Gijinka would essentially be the only types of characters everyone would want to make here. That's actually a good thing; having a bunch of characters in the same group (or, at least, separate groups of characters with similar goals) makes it easier to direct the characters in the RP.

Well, one of your dreams just came true! I submitted my sign up.

Anyways, my dream would be to have all the legendary Pokemon spots filled in my RPG. Then it would truly be complete. However, I'm very thankful and happy for the people who have joined.

Tangeh

I'm sorry I've been procrastinating my sign-up ugh. I was going to do it tonight but the power went out so I had no internet. It just came back on so I'll see what I can do.

I want to make a gijinka character, but I can do another one from one of the other types too if that helps?

cmats4020

I haven't been on here in a long while . . .

Anyway, I haven't been in a good superhero RP in forever! If anyone would be willing to start up, maybe an X-Men-based RP, I'd totally join in on that! I don't have the time to make and manage one.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Superhero-RP's are always cool! Looking foreward to whatever you are planning, Vampy

Kamotz

God of Monsters
It's back?

Armored Core

The year is 2099 and the world is a very different place. Grand superpowers control most of the world, with the rest ravaged by war, controlled by massive corporations, or barely holding on to independence. In the midst of the societal upheaval that resulted in this world; a new type of weapon was developed, one that would forever change the face of war.

This weapon was first developed in the year 2015. It was the Mobile Armored Core, an advanced humanoid weapons platform that turned a single soldier into an army. So began the new race, to see which nation could build the best and greatest Armored Cores and dominate the battlefield. Contracting this development to various weapons manufacturers and energy companies put several corporations in a uniquely powerful position; the money the world governments spent on weapons development made them exceedingly rich and gave them influence over the world's affairs as never before.

By 2020, the world was consumed by social and political upheaval. Four great superpowers emerged, controlling more than 50% of the world's surface. The remaining half of the world became divided by corporations and local tyrants, who fought and competed with each other and the superpowers for control of the various resources available. The unrest finally stabilized by 2090, and borders were firmly established.

This didn't stop the battles, however, and fighting still raged throughout the southern hemisphere. The corporations, eager to profit from the conflict, established operations in the various territories. They sold weapons and medical supplies to each and every side, profiting greatly from the bloodshed. The corporations competed even with one another by sponsoring the different warring factions. Back in their home countries, their ever-increasing power gave them more influence over world politics and policies than ever before. Together, they established the League (of Corporations) to serve as a meeting place and official political presence for their collective interests. But the League served another purpose.

After the ceasefire, the nations dismissed their ace Armored Core pilots (the Irregulars) as per the rules of the New Geneva Convention. The pilots, who had built themselves around their skills, had nowhere to go, and were otherwise swept back into society without notice. Taking advantage of the pilots' desires to matter, the League established an organization called Collared, a pilot management organization that served as a watering hole for mission agency brokers carrying out orders for corporations. The demand for pilots in the conflict regions quickly made Collared (and in turn the League) one of the most influential and wealthy forces on the planet, and the pilots themselves became absurdly wealthy as well (though most of their earnings went to the upkeep of their machines).

You are one of these pilots under the employ of Collared, taking missions at the behest of corporations, countries, or independent parties, sometimes working against your previous employers and then helping them the next day. For most pilots, it's all business; there's no hard feelings. Yesterday you were contacted by a Collared representative and assigned to a rarely-formed team of pilots to quell an uprising in Madagascar. True, it's unusual to contract more than two Irregulars for any given mission, but you've learned a disturbing new truth, there are more Irregulars than previously thought, enough to lead to full-scale global war. The status quo is about to change...

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
@Kamotz - never really played armored core (not too much of a mech game person), that idea there sounds interesting. I don't have much to add on or suggest since I don't know the backstory of the game itself.

@Chili - filling up all those slots are going to be painful. Just the amount available kind of turns me away from even thinking about making a sign-up. Yes I kind of like rpgs that allow for a lot to sign-up, but with that many slots available, I think the rpg might struggle a lot to progress with that many players in the rpg. I know it's too late to ajust anything now, but perhaps if you make another rpg similar or based off of that idea, I would suggest limiting sign-ups to specific region, as to get a reasonable amount of players and not limit so much. I think 50 is just too much for one rpg. At most, I probably would go to 16, but ideal would be around 8-12 players. Sorry for rant and not saying anything sooner, mostly due to not checking everyday as I used to.

@RapidashRocks524 - About making a legend of zelda game with using d&d mechanics... I highly recommend not using d&d mechanics as it is not a good system for internet role-playing. d&d system is best used when playing the actual board game in real life with other people as it is so hard to utilize it effectively in an rpg done via forum posts. Yes using dice roll to decide whether things hit/miss/etc. would be useful for keeping playing from gary/mary sueing in check, I'd feel that zelda rpgs would be better left as an actual quest/adventure type rpg (in my opinion at least).

Last edited:

Kamotz

God of Monsters
@ Slipomatic: it's not something that you really need knowledge of the game to participate in. Each game in the AC series really stands alone in terms of storyline...or even actual gameplay style. What I'm using is the name recognition and the mechanical/physical basis for what goes on in the RP. It's as much an Armored Core RPG as it is a Gundam RPG, as it is a Code Geass RPG, as it is a Burn Notice RPG. It's a mix of things, but it's primarily a character-driven story with the backdrop of high-speed mech action.