• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
*cough-cough* This won't be playing house Bron (which actually was the point of the other one). 'The Grimm Life' had little to do with the series 'Grimm', which is what I was proposing an RPG for (I named 'Grimm Life' for Grimm's Fairytales, not the series Grimm, which I assume was also named for the fairytales). This will be more of an action based RPG, the mythical creature part is about all they have in common.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I know it was, and I was fine with it. I was looking forward to learning more about the other characters IC and seeing what adventures we could get into.

Anyway I did look that up and it sounds fascinating if implemented well. I would like to bring back Cathy in some form, though of course I'll make her make sense in the setting.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
My biggest wish, would be for the people who signed up for my RPG would actually be responsive and put time into writing. Otherwise, they shouldn't even consider joining. :/

There are a lot of factors that go into dropping an RPG. How long sign ups take, how long it takes to post, frequent posts, time to get the plot rolling, delays, lack of direction, failing interest, school, family, life, etc. It's not that they don't want to write, it's that when they signed up, they may've had much more free time than they do now. Or it could be that the RPG turned out totally different than was advertised. *shrug* It really just depends.

Titan500

Solar Panels
What I feel is a major killer is GM inactivity, especially in more story-driven RPGs.

Sometimes you might get busy for a bit and your players are left hanging with little to do, and so they start to lose interest and then when you come back you can't really get everyone back in the groove anymore.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So, I was thinking. . . Grimm RPG anyone? It'd be set in a different town with all OCs, and we could have different Wesen factions (human haters, those that want to be as human as possible, purists), as well as a couple Grimm with opposing ideologies (as in, one that believes all Wesen should die, and one that is more 'lawful good' like Nick).

Yes! A thousand times yes! Yes yes yes I am SO up for this yes!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I figured you'd be Schade, I even have a good guess as to what species. - Bron, there's multiple cat-like species of Wesen, so you should be able to find a good match.

This thread isn't really for discussion what kills RPGs; but sometimes those things just can't be helped, no matter how hard the GM tries.

Chili

There are a lot of factors that go into dropping an RPG. How long sign ups take, how long it takes to post, frequent posts, time to get the plot rolling, delays, lack of direction, failing interest, school, family, life, etc. It's not that they don't want to write, it's that when they signed up, they may've had much more free time than they do now. Or it could be that the RPG turned out totally different than was advertised. *shrug* It really just depends.

Yeah, I should've taken that into account. You're right!

Titan500

Solar Panels
Oh man, City of Heroes.

I remember that game. It's a shame it's dead.

Cherenkov Radiation was my beautiful nuclear-powered superhero.

Titan500

Solar Panels
City of Heroes went free-to-play.

Though, what would a TBRPG about it be like?

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Well since my DBZ and Alchemy RP sign ups aren't doing too good, what RP would you guys want to see?

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
sorry, I have been a little busy. I havn't done too much with it.

maybe a begining trainer rp

Tangeh

Yeah, another beginner trainer RP would be good, I think! I wouldn't sign up of course (at the moment anyways xD), but there definitely seems to be a lot of people still interested.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
You can never have enough beginner Pokemon RPs. They always seem to do well, and the spaces always seem to go really fast! Problem is I've never seen one that lasts for very long. If there was another one made, I'd love to see less traditional elements incorporated into it.

I kinda wish there were more fantasy or sci-fi RPs about...

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I would love to see an Avatar RP. There was one a few months ago, but it died before it even began :/ Sucks, because I was really looking forward to it.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
You can never have enough beginner Pokemon RPs. They always seem to do well, and the spaces always seem to go really fast! Problem is I've never seen one that lasts for very long. If there was another one made, I'd love to see less traditional elements incorporated into it.

I kinda wish there were more fantasy or sci-fi RPs about...

Now I'm thinking a medieval fantasy pokemon RPG would be fun.

While I have zero interest in an Avatar RPG (I couldn't stand the voice acting on the show), I'm really surprised it didn't do better given how popular it is.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Now I'm thinking a medieval fantasy pokemon RPG would be fun.

While I have zero interest in an Avatar RPG (I couldn't stand the voice acting on the show), I'm really surprised it didn't do better given how popular it is.

Yeah, I was surprised too.

Also, I'd be interested in a medieval Pokemon RPG. There's a lot that could be done with that. It could be set in the times of the two brother kings when Kyurem split into Reshiram and Zekrom, it could be an old fashioned knights of the round table, an epic quest, etc.