• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

legnak

Alvion Region it is!
So, would it kind of be Star Wars? I might be interested.

Barring the force, pretty much like that, but it would also be in this galaxy at a more or less present day.

Something that's been mulling my head for a while now. Just how interested would people be in an escape rp in a magical setting? In a simple phrase, escape a boarding school for magical students. Explanation in next paragraphs.

It's a group of students, ranging from ages 12 to 18, who are recently transferred to some prestigious school for magical children and the like. Reasons may include a home transfer, a civil punishment, or even just to be able to say that they got into this awesome magic school. When they get in, it starts nicely and welcoming, but something always seems off about it. Everything's just too nice. One by one, they get tipped off by a mysterious person, maybe a teacher or some-sort, that reveals to them something sinister about the school, and that they need to escape before a certain event for new students that will happen in the school soon.

A factor I wanted to put into the rp is that it will take place in only 24 hours (rp-verse time), so it'll get really action-y really fast. While there will be some time for character development and character interaction, most of the rp will involve stealth, magical fights and trying to escape from inevitably stronger opponents. The students may stay as one group, split up, or end up alone. For most part, what magical spells the escapees know will be the only ones they will use for the whole rp, and they will probably have to be able to use them smartly, as it's doubtful that they would all know combative magic. I'd rather think that the ending would also depend on how the characters interact and how they have progressed, meaning for all we know, the characters did all that and still end up failing the escape mission - after all, if they get captured, I highly doubt that they'd be able to escape.

Hotshot

Two ideas:

First, have you ever looked up at the sky and wondered what it would be like...just to be as free as a bird? Well, as Lady Luck would have it, in this post-apocalyptic, steampunk world, you can. With the Empire expanding, the peoples of the world have grown restless under its oppressive yoke. The sky pirates of years past have been crushed by the Imperial Armada, or driven into hiding in the depths of the earth. But not you. Your heart beats for adventure. For freedom. Now you have the chance.

Hoist the flag with Captain Alistair Tempest and his motley crew of sky pirates as you rebel against the Imperial Armada, plunder the Empire's railroads and cities, sail the skies, and fight for freedom! Will you join the Eagle's Cry?

The second idea is noticeably less structured at this point. Essentially, I'm playing around with the idea of game-canon, (until now) NPC Pokemon Trainers (as in, Youngsters, Bug Catchers, Fishermen, Ace Trainers, Joggers, etc.) banding together in a sort of Trainer Union. I'm leaning towards this being less single-plot-driven, and more open-ended. Sort of a casual, just-for-kicks RPG that will allow for some character exploration and interaction, training Pokemon, and possibly bumping into PC's from the games (Red, Gold, Pearl, etc.).

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Two ideas:

First, have you ever looked up at the sky and wondered what it would be like...just to be as free as a bird? Well, as Lady Luck would have it, in this post-apocalyptic, steampunk world, you can. With the Empire expanding, the peoples of the world have grown restless under its oppressive yoke. The sky pirates of years past have been crushed by the Imperial Armada, or driven into hiding in the depths of the earth. But not you. Your heart beats for adventure. For freedom. Now you have the chance.

Hoist the flag with Captain Alistair Tempest and his motley crew of sky pirates as you rebel against the Imperial Armada, plunder the Empire's railroads and cities, sail the skies, and fight for freedom! Will you join the Eagle's Cry?

The second idea is noticeably less structured at this point. Essentially, I'm playing around with the idea of game-canon, (until now) NPC Pokemon Trainers (as in, Youngsters, Bug Catchers, Fishermen, Ace Trainers, Joggers, etc.) banding together in a sort of Trainer Union. I'm leaning towards this being less single-plot-driven, and more open-ended. Sort of a casual, just-for-kicks RPG that will allow for some character exploration and interaction, training Pokemon, and possibly bumping into PC's from the games (Red, Gold, Pearl, etc.).

With some more information, I'd be up for it. Sounds interesting. (Both of them)

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I might make a Teen Titans RP

Schade

Metallic Wonder
^ I was thinking that also.
But yes, I am also interested in that concept.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'd be up too

Tangeh

Steampunk has never interested me, but I might be up for a teen titans RP depending on the plot (and whether it goes over my head xD).

I've been trying to brainstorm new RP ideas (no I'm not replacing Kanto Skies.. I just have a lot of time on my hands right now >_>). Any of the following appeal to anybody? xD I'll try to type out some quick blurbs but everything is open to change and suggestions. (Cue giant post!)

1. Pokemon Colosseum RP. Based on the game of the same name, a criminal organization known as Cipher has developed a process to create shadow pokemon - pokemon who have had the door to their hearts artificially shut, and thus act as soulless fighting machines. Physically indistinguishable from normal pokemon (though certain people may possess the ability to see through this), shadow pokemon are notably stronger, more violent, and have access to shadow-type moves. Their brutal strength allows them to be sold at a high price on the black market, and their willingness to fight to the death has also offered Cipher a money-grab in entertainment. Ultimately, they wish to control the world using shadow pokemon. They have even partnered with Team Snagem to steal high-leveled pokemon from trainers to create stronger shadow pokemon. With the justice system of Orre highly corrupt, their plan seems unstoppable...

The RP would center around a group of people (based off the Kids Grid, though I'll use another name because it'll probably be mostly teens & young adults) working to take down Cipher and to purify shadow pokemon back to their original states. Characters would be able to partake in a number of roles, such as: locating/tracking/researching shadow pokemon activity, infiltrating Cipher/Snagem bases, snagging shadow pokemon off other trainers (a snag machine was stolen off Team Snagem for this purpose), and working with shadow pokemon to purify them. Due to the small size of this group vs. Cipher, they must be careful not to reveal their base and identities, else Cipher would easily shut them down.

I've never played XD, but if there's elements from there you'd like included I can try to work it in. Battles in Orre are typically done in doubles, and there are no wild pokemon due to most of it being an inhabitable wasteland. New pokemon may be obtained from purifying snagged shadow pokemon.

2. Class of the Titans. I feel like this is probably going to be more foreign to most people because the show is older (...and is Canadian), but the concept is pretty simple so keep with me for a sec. xD Based off the cartoon of the same name, the RP would center around a group of teenagers who descend from heroes of Greek myths. These teenagers possess powers corresponding to their respective ancestors (the descendant of Hercules in the show had super strength, for an easy example) but were unaware of their lineage and destiny until now. The teens were brought by the Olympian gods to their secret hideout in New Olympia (located in Canada), and informed that a prophesy had been created involving them. Their destiny is to defeat Cronus, who escaped from Tartarus and is planning world domination. (The Cronus in the show is a mashup of the titan Cronus and the personification of time Chronos. He is described as the god of time and has various powers that I'll elaborate on later >_>.) Cronus often persuades other creatures and gods from mythology to assist him. The teens themselves are mentored by the Olympian gods and are under protection while at the school and while at their dorms (a brownstone not far from the school), but elsewhere are vulnerable. They have access to various weapons and a teleportation device. Their job is to send Cronus back to Tartarus - all while, of course, juggling normal teenage schoolwork and relationships.

If you're looking at this like "I know 0% of Greek mythology", don't worry, you don't have to know it. >_> Most of the canon teenagers had powers that were only loosely related to their respective hero (the descendant of Theseus had psychic abilities in the show xD like okay then), so I'll be pretty lenient on this and can help you select an ancestor (and mentor) to fit your character if you can't think of one. You can also just grab a canon teenager if you don't want to do all of that pesky character designing (wikipedia has some great blurbs on them).

3. MLP... something or other?? I'd be interested in trying to start up a My Little Pony RP, buuut I don't have an exact idea at the moment. >_> I'm really leaning toward something that would allow the RPer to play a canon character (main 6/ CMC/ whoever really) rather than forcing them into an OC role. Theoretically it could just be slice of life-style or episodic, but I'd rather some sort of plan considering daily life in Ponyville is probably pretty bland. xD Any thoughts? I guess the plot doesn't matter unless there's interest in the first place. ^_^

So that's what's on my mind right now. xD I'd be most into doing a Class of the Titans RP at this point in time, but I have no idea of the interest level for something like that so I figured I'd throw out some other things too! I have another pokemon one in mind based off a fanfic I never completed, but I need more time to work that out.

Tangeh

Hah sure, Rarity's an absolute blast to write. xD (...I have more experience writing all of them than I really should >__>) You have any ideas tho? :p

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I dunno. Something bad happens to the princesses and we have to solve the problem?

I got nothing. :( I just want to RP as Rarity because she's best pony my favorite character. And I can obviously do that type od character. *gestures to André* xD

Tangeh

lol, that's nice and generic, thanks. xD Sweetie Belle is best pony tho I'd probably rather Pinkie or Rainbow or Rarity but ok you can have her xD just to switch things up from the characters I've been using recently.

Trying to siphon through my abandoned fanfics folder... I had one where Spike gets kidnapped and the main six had to travel east of Equestria and solve six friendship problems (each corresponding to their element) to rescue him. It was loosely based off of the Paper Mario games (six isolated worlds and plots). That might be too long-winded for a RP though. I'll sit on it and come back here if I think of something. >_>

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I might be interested. Rainbow is best pony my fave, though I'd be interested in playing Applejack (and a couple others) as well. I really do like Rarity too, but I don't think I'm the best one to play her anyways. - Um, anyways, I think the Spike getting kidnapped plot is interesting, even if 6 story arcs is too much, maybe you could go for smaller or combined challenges?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
2. Class of the Titans. I feel like this is probably going to be more foreign to most people because the show is older (...and is Canadian), but the concept is pretty simple so keep with me for a sec. xD Based off the cartoon of the same name, the RP would center around a group of teenagers who descend from heroes of Greek myths. These teenagers possess powers corresponding to their respective ancestors (the descendant of Hercules in the show had super strength, for an easy example) but were unaware of their lineage and destiny until now. The teens were brought by the Olympian gods to their secret hideout in New Olympia (located in Canada), and informed that a prophesy had been created involving them. Their destiny is to defeat Cronus, who escaped from Tartarus and is planning world domination. (The Cronus in the show is a mashup of the titan Cronus and the personification of time Chronos. He is described as the god of time and has various powers that I'll elaborate on later >_>.) Cronus often persuades other creatures and gods from mythology to assist him. The teens themselves are mentored by the Olympian gods and are under protection while at the school and while at their dorms (a brownstone not far from the school), but elsewhere are vulnerable. They have access to various weapons and a teleportation device. Their job is to send Cronus back to Tartarus - all while, of course, juggling normal teenage schoolwork and relationships.

This.. This must happen! I would be very interested in this. Basically the Percy Jackson movies-ish.

Tangeh

I might be interested. Rainbow is best pony my fave, though I'd be interested in playing Applejack (and a couple others) as well. I really do like Rarity too, but I don't think I'm the best one to play her anyways. - Um, anyways, I think the Spike getting kidnapped plot is interesting, even if 6 story arcs is too much, maybe you could go for smaller or combined challenges?

I thought about it for a little bit and came up with something: the Mane 6, CMC, & Spike all attend the grand galloping gala - this would be the starting point of the RP and would offer some more casual social interaction to start off. Cue bad guy entering - Spike and the CMC are kidnapped, and the Mane 6 go after them. RPers can either play as one of the Mane 6 or as one of the CMC and Spike. The former would be working on locating Spike and the others (the villain would be leaving clues of some sort across Equestria which the Mane 6 could instinctually find due to their respective elements), while the latter would be working on escaping and freeing others that were captured (I'll probably allow each RPer to have one from each side if they'd like, although obviously the numbers are a bit uneven xD). Eventually they will unite and work together to take down the bad guy.

I don't really have an exact idea for why they were kidnapped yet, nor any specific plans for the villain. >_> But hey I got a rough draft at least. Suggestions are loved.

This.. This must happen! I would be very interested in this. Basically the Percy Jackson movies-ish.

Yeah, I dunno much about the Percy Jackson series, but I've heard of COTT being compared to it before!

Last edited: