• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Sketchie

literally some guy
Crashes in, so I want to do a roleplay set in NYC in the 1920s. With Commies. And Shapeshifting. Characters would be a shapeshifters who have to run/fight/??? from both the American government and the Russian government, and also maybe another group that is either going to be benevolent or malevolent and I have not decided yet. But it may turn out that there are other shapeshifters working for the Russian government whose intent is to take over the American government. There will also be mafias and speakeasies and flappers and lots of great 20s things.

Would anyone be interested?

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Crashes in, so I want to do a roleplay set in NYC in the 1920s. With Commies. And Shapeshifting. Characters would be a shapeshifters who have to run/fight/??? from both the American government and the Russian government, and also maybe another group that is either going to be benevolent or malevolent and I have not decided yet. But it may turn out that there are other shapeshifters working for the Russian government whose intent is to take over the American government. There will also be mafias and speakeasies and flappers and lots of great 20s things.

Would anyone be interested?

I'd be very interested if you go through with this idea.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I agree with vamps. Depending on the plot details, I'd be very interested.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
I've come upon some extra time recently and decided to get back into the swing of things with RPGs and am attempting to revive the Digimon RPs from my signature. Both are at a good point to swap/add characters, so if people have any sort of interest, now's the time!

Minteh

It's so shiny!
I've got some more time recently and would like to do an rp on here at somepoint. It would be set in a world that was ravaged by war with dragons hundreds of years ago. Once the War had ended, the remnants of civilisations divided themselves into clans, who were in turn divided four regions (North, South, East, West etc...). Every year, on the anniversary of the end of the war, the finest warriors were sent to participate in a gladitorial style grand trial (think Hunger Games). It's a great honour to participate in the battle, and an even greater honour to be the clan where the winner was from. Whilst many presumed it was a way of bringing the clans together, unbeknownst to many, it was actually because of an ancient prophecy, which stated when dragons returned the chosen warriors would be the only ones to stop them. Basically, your characters would be warriors from the clans, you are preparing for the final battle to decide who will be the grand champion, when a dragon crashes into the city and attacks it. The warriors all work together to defeat the beast, and it is then revealed that they are the prophesied warriors. What follows is a journey to discover the origin of the dragons, learn more of the prophecy, and learn how to defeat the dragons and restore peace to the land.

I still need to work out the general ideas of the plot, and sort out some finer details, but that's the general premise. Would anyone be interested?

AJ2000

I've got some more time recently and would like to do an rp on here at somepoint. It would be set in a world that was ravaged by war with dragons hundreds of years ago. Once the War had ended, the remnants of civilisations divided themselves into clans, who were in turn divided four regions (North, South, East, West etc...). Every year, on the anniversary of the end of the war, the finest warriors were sent to participate in a gladitorial style grand trial (think Hunger Games). It's a great honour to participate in the battle, and an even greater honour to be the clan where the winner was from. Whilst many presumed it was a way of bringing the clans together, unbeknownst to many, it was actually because of an ancient prophecy, which stated when dragons returned the chosen warriors would be the only ones to stop them. Basically, your characters would be warriors from the clans, you are preparing for the final battle to decide who will be the grand champion, when a dragon crashes into the city and attacks it. The warriors all work together to defeat the beast, and it is then revealed that they are the prophesied warriors. What follows is a journey to discover the origin of the dragons, learn more of the prophecy, and learn how to defeat the dragons and restore peace to the land.

I still need to work out the general ideas of the plot, and sort out some finer details, but that's the general premise. Would anyone be interested?

I kinda like the idea of having representatives partake in the trial, actually, so I would consider joining. I'm assuming it's more of a medieval roleplay, though?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

Since there's dragons, will there be magic involved? :)

Omegagoldfish

My will be done

Sure, but the instant prophecies come up, I tend to make jokes about it IC.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member

Heck yes! I'd love to join this if you decide to go through with it.

destroyer39

Stitch the pieces
So, I'm starting to return here after quite some time away. Some people might remember that awhile back, there was a series of casual RPs on the Games forum run by the amateur version of myself, as well as Fango Pango. It was based around a bunch of Pokemon who attended a high school called Pokemon High (or Degrassi, though that was short-lived. Also, I know, not very creative name, but eh.) However, this eventually faded away and died. I would like to bring it back, except do it here. More in-depth posts, better plot. Maybe not as forced as they used to be. Looking for help with planning and elaboration, and maybe someone(s?) to run it with me.

I also have a different idea for a village of half-dragon, half-human beings who can transform between dragon, hybrid, and human formes at will, but haven't really had much of a chance to work on it.

Here are links to some of the previous RPs that I spoke of, starting with the one that I joined. There are multiple that came previous to these, but I do not have access to them.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?617780-Pokemon-High
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?635273-Pokemon-High-V-IV
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?648482-Pokemon-Degrassi

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
All right, this is mostly directed to those who were part of Legendary Awakening but I think it's better if I discuss tbe topic here.

So, I do have an idea for a spiritual successor, I even have a title for it, but I was wondering... I just recently watched Sword Art Online and I remembered there was an SU thread for something that's like that.

So what would you guys be more interested in? A successor to Legendary Awakening, an RP where a bunch of legendaries of each type are turned into humans? An RP that will either be set in SAO or a rip off of it so people won't have to worry about lore? Or maybe a Pokémon SAO RP where it's a virtual Pokémon game (that might end ul becoming like Digimon if I'm not careful)?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
All right, this is mostly directed to those who were part of Legendary Awakening but I think it's better if I discuss tbe topic here.

So, I do have an idea for a spiritual successor, I even have a title for it, but I was wondering... I just recently watched Sword Art Online and I remembered there was an SU thread for something that's like that.

So what would you guys be more interested in? A successor to Legendary Awakening, an RP where a bunch of legendaries of each type are turned into humans? An RP that will either be set in SAO or a rip off of it so people won't have to worry about lore? Or maybe a Pokémon SAO RP where it's a virtual Pokémon game (that might end ul becoming like Digimon if I'm not careful)?

I've been meaning to watch SAO because I think Kirito is cute, but I kind of dropped out when I found out the game had no magic. :/ What is even the point of being trapped in a Fantasy Video Game if the characters aren't going to have access to cool magical powers!

@The first one: Only if I get to have Fairy again. :p
@The second one: Make a rip off of it. As I complained about earlier, SAO had no magic, and that irked me. :/
@The third one: So... what would be the difference between that and the standard Pokemon trainer RPG?

Vern

Why not both?
I've been meaning to watch SAO because I think Kirito is cute, but I kind of dropped out when I found out the game had no magic. :/ What is even the point of being trapped in a Fantasy Video Game if the characters aren't going to have access to cool magical powers!

@The first one: Only if I get to have Fairy again. :p
@The second one: Make a rip off of it. As I complained about earlier, SAO had no magic, and that irked me. :/
@The third one: So... what would be the difference between that and the standard Pokemon trainer RPG?

Well, regarding SAO, they all get magic in the second arc, where they're all fairies and stuff. That arc isn't that good, though.

I'd be interested in any of the above, but I can't really say anything, because I'm busy, easily distracted, and not really in a mood for RPs right now, so...

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
@Monster Guy: Funny you say that because on the first episode on of the characters mentioned that (Klein), though more along the lines of "An RPG with no magic? They're taking a big risk with that." But I don't mind personally. But then again, I've always liked swords and melee so of course I don't mind when a game emphasizes on it.

Anyways...
Idea 1: But of course. Who else would take it? (I'll just go ahead and make sure it's reserved for you)
Idea 2: Rip off it is. Just need to think of a name...
Idea 3: Actually, only the plot really...but now that you mention it...maybe I could like...make it that you only can have one Pokémon with you and have some of its powers so you can fight with it or something? It was just a thought really.

@Vern: Hmm, okay. Is that why you haven't made a post for Mythos or Broken Fairy Tale yet?

Minteh

It's so shiny!
So I have a couple of ideas rolling around that I might make sign-ups for, unlike my "Tainted Bloodline" Rp, I do actually have a lot of inspiration for these ideas. I'd like to gauge your interest before I finalise the sign-up post for any of them.

The first is the fantasy RP I mentioned a few posts back. Obviously a few of you were interested back then, but the question is are you still interested in it now?

The second is a sort of space adventure RP. I have two angles I'd like to go with this: one would be like 'The 100' where our characters are criminals being sent to explore a planet, and the other angle would be one where our characters are part of an elite crew sent to explore planets and possibly find a place for humans to settle.

And the last idea is based off of Fables/Grimm where our characters would take on the personas of fables and fairytale characters.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Book me up for that last idea! ...if only because it sounds like I could play Britomart (or someone like her) from The Faerie Queene. ...if it counts, that is. Anyways, I'm interested in the two other ideas as well, though more on the first version of the second one, as I'm already thinking of character ideas for that one. But the second version is fine too.

...though I am busy with other RPs right now I might not join unless I like the plot I read in the SU thread...