• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Third alternative sounds fun. Reminds me of Once Upon A Time. Would definitely be interested in it.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
The fairytale one is awesome. XD I'm always up to portray an awesome, badass Red Riding Hood...or the Wolf...or y'know, both in one. XD Alternatively, a Dark Fairy sort also sounds up my alley. XD

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
So, I've been thinking...

I know Hydrangea just made a Trainer RP, but I'm thinking about making another one of my own, this time set in Alola.

There isn't going to be a plotline to speak of (meaning no Evil Teams or anything like that. This will likely take place after the events of Sun and Moon) aside from there being a bunch of random trainers gathered together to do the island challenge. There's enough content there for a roleplay right? Doing trials is certainly would be different from the standard challenging Gym Battles regular trainer RPs have.

This probably isn't going to be made any time soon, if it gets made at all. It's just a random thought that popped into my head that I want opinions on.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Sun/Moon spoilers

[spoil]This idea just popped in my head one day, but I would like to perhaps participate or create an rp in which the ultra beasts of Alola wreak havoc eventually on the rest of the world now that they've been released from Ultra Space or whatever its called. Because they're basically super powerful pokemon, I was thinking maybe they'd cause an apocalypse of sorts or perhaps like what happened with Lusamine, combine with a human. These ultra beasts could be good or bad, depending on the individuals they take over and form a bond with them...or take over the human completely depending on the human's personality.

Then there was possibly instead turning the Ultra Beasts into shadow pokemon...but I'm not sure how that could work. Perhaps Cipher and Aether could work together...?
[/spoil]

At any rate, this is very much in the early stage of development. Thoughts?

Schade

Metallic Wonder

I know Hydrangea just made a Trainer RP, but I'm thinking about making another one of my own, this time set in Alola.

There isn't going to be a plotline to speak of (meaning no Evil Teams or anything like that. This will likely take place after the events of Sun and Moon) aside from there being a bunch of random trainers gathered together to do the island challenge. There's enough content there for a roleplay right? Doing trials is certainly would be different from the standard challenging Gym Battles regular trainer RPs have.

This probably isn't going to be made any time soon, if it gets made at all. It's just a random thought that popped into my head that I want opinions on.

I am down for this and you know it.

Minteh

It's so shiny!

I'd be so down for this!

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Building on what I put previously...

[spoil]You are a Faller-one who has at some point their life traveled through an Ultra Wormhole whether by accident or fate, you decide. The point is, in the face of the Apocalypse, you may be one of the few who will be able to stop the Ultra Beasts from destroying all you hold dear. Wild and suffering, the Ultra Beasts are creatures who yearn to get back home, and terrorize the world in their endless search as a result with their destructive powers as most of the portals have mysteriously vanished. What will you do? Will you stand by as the world suffers...or will you fight? The choice is yours.

I realize I might be missing details, so feel free to correct me. [/spoil]

So...thoughts? Would anyone be willing to join an rp like this, once its further developed?

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Maybe, once it's further developed... There are things I'd need to know, like are the UBs out already and destroying stuff, or are we supposed to prevent that from happening. Is the world essentially ending, and how one would travel through an Ultra Wormhole in the first place.

Sun/Moon spoilers

[spoil]This idea just popped in my head one day, but I would like to perhaps participate or create an rp in which the ultra beasts of Alola wreak havoc eventually on the rest of the world now that they've been released from Ultra Space or whatever its called. Because they're basically super powerful pokemon, I was thinking maybe they'd cause an apocalypse of sorts or perhaps like what happened with Lusamine, combine with a human. These ultra beasts could be good or bad, depending on the individuals they take over and form a bond with them...or take over the human completely depending on the human's personality.

Then there was possibly instead turning the Ultra Beasts into shadow pokemon...but I'm not sure how that could work. Perhaps Cipher and Aether could work together...?
[/spoil]

At any rate, this is very much in the early stage of development. Thoughts?

I'm down for that. Before I knew that Lusamine fused with Nihilego in Ultra Space (I had seen a bit of the leak by accident), I thought that she had been manipulated by a malicious Nihilego into fusing so it could destroy everything in the Mega Timeline with the help of a powerful human host and the other UBs, and the player would help to unfuse her and send the UBS back. While I do love what Game Freak came up with just as much, I still kinda wish we had my old idea for the plot instead. That plot idea can partly come into manifestation in this RPG, and I love it.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
So...just wondering, anyone still up for the Legendary Awakening spiritual successor? With Mythos close to ending, I might just put up the SU thread soon. or december at latest

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
A while back, Minteh had brought up an idea for a Fairy-Tale RP. She's working on something else, and I like the idea, and wanted to give it a try. At first, I wanted to do something based on the TV show 'Once Upon a Time'. However, I realized that would be too complicated... I've been browsing through TvTropes, and well... I have a draft...

You have probably heard of stories like Snow White and Cinderella. Well, they're not just Fairy Tales you heard or read about, they are very much real. Characters from various stories live and breathe amongst us. They live secret lives, right alongside us. However, they abide by the rules and laws of their own community. Some of the ‘Tales’ have thrived more than others, but all of them keep the community and their issues secret...

A long time ago it was decided, among the well-known and powerful Tales, primarily the royals, that their ways of life were dying. In order to maintain livelihood, every Tale from every world fled into the modern world of mortals. This event has come to be known as The Great Migration.

In New York City 2017, the tales now live in their own little community. While on the surface, everything seems idyllic, the reality is anything but. There is great political and social strife among Tales. While the royals share leadership roles, there is much arguing amongst them over who is the the true leader of the community. There have even been rumblings of non royals rising up to take over for themselves. The arguments over leadership have spun out of control, and It's only a matter of time before something bad happens...

How this particular tale ends is up to you...

---

A Tale is a being from classic stories whose power lies in the popularity of their tale as well as what they carried through their story, though many Tales go on to learn more skills after their story “ends”

Tales are very long lived, though they may lose power if their story becomes more forgotten, it will not kill them but it will bring them down more in overall strength. Tales are quite hard to kill, some are easier than others but Tales can survive numerous injuries that would fatally injure regular people. That said, they aren’t immortal and things such as decapitations can just as easily kill a Tale as anyone else. Tales are also generally stronger, faster, etc. than your average person. The more well-known your story is, the stronger you are. Royals (particularly the princesses) have the most power and influence in the community.

Not every Tale’s story went exactly as it was written. Alternate character interpretations and creative changes to more well known Tales are encouraged.

Non-human characters are required by law to hide their non human characteristics in public. Some are given magic or potions to suppress or even control their alternate forms. More noteworthy Tales were given this from the start but they are technically available to all, but are incredibly expensive causing more of a rift between the rich and the poor.

There are some details that need to be worked out. (Like a title for one...) But if I ever get the nerve to do so, I may make this into an RP.

Who's interested? And does anyone have any comments/criticism about what I just wrote. I need all the help I can get.

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Yo, as someone who wanted to make an RP like this, I'd totally be down for this if you ever decided to make this.

This kind of gives me more of a Fables vibe than OUAT (if you're familiar with that?) so naturally my interest is quite high. I like that there's a sort of social class element in this RP, and I think it would be really interesting to see that portrayed between characters - especially if it was a royal and non-royal interacting! You mentioned that interpretations would differ with certain characters, so does that mean we'd essentially be able to create their backstory in a Sign-Up, just making sure to stick to key elements in their story? Also, what sort powers would characters have? I imagine everyone who migrated probably has some degree of enhanced stamina and strength. But would their be any additional powers for all characters, or would it be just limited to witches and people like that?

Also, would existing relationships from their previous community carry on following the migration?

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Since my idea of combat mechanics failed for my last RP, I'm trying something new, because no rules seems to lead to either a dead RP or Mary Sue fighting, at least in my experience.

Here's a draft.
[spoil]
BEYOND HUMAN:
After a war that wiped any chance of peaceful life on Earth out, wiped out any records, and with a final warning before the collapse of a greater catastrophe waiting, humankind used what technology it had left to split into three separate groups...

The Purists believe that staying as mere mortals is what is needed, as only those with disadvantages can truly leverage their strengths. They are the most numerous due to their ability to biologically reproduce (IE: Get pregnant), and are generally the physically weakest. They point to all humanity did before it failed as evidence to stay human. They fear that new power will cause an ideological collapse, and that mercy and compassion will falter in the altered hearts of their competitors. Generally in peak physical condition, they are often smaller than the other groups, allowing them to fit into tight spaces.

The Fleshmods used advanced surgeries and genetic alteration technology to turn their very being into a malleable mold. Generally sporting superhuman speed and senses, their visible augmentations can range from cat ears and a tail to being a massive, amorphous blob carried around on suckers. They consider the great failings of the past the reasons to continue changing their form, and argue that life has always evolved and changed. They find the next group terrifying and the purists weak.

The Great Cog have toiled in secret for decades, taking the technologies of robotics, computer science and artificial limbs to their absolute limits. Now capable after decades of transferring their entire consciousness into a machine, they are often the furthest from baseline human. Dozens of mechanical arms, tentacles, and tank treads are common. Normally superhumanly strong and capable of mind boggling feats of mental clarity, they are hampered by low population (as the process to shed the weakness of flesh is complicated and difficult) and an ego. They consider being a human little more than being an animal, and believe that only cold metal will save them. Relentless and biologically immortal, these metal monsters are often covered in decorative gears, pistons and flywheels that serve no purpose other than to run.

Your goal, is to identify the oncoming disaster, adapt, and survive. Join any one of these groups and attempt to fashion a method to endure whatever comes next, and convince the others to leave their false idols. Failure will mean death.
[/spoil]

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Yo, as someone who wanted to make an RP like this, I'd totally be down for this if you ever decided to make this.

This kind of gives me more of a Fables vibe than OUAT (if you're familiar with that?) so naturally my interest is quite high. I like that there's a sort of social class element in this RP, and I think it would be really interesting to see that portrayed between characters - especially if it was a royal and non-royal interacting! You mentioned that interpretations would differ with certain characters, so does that mean we'd essentially be able to create their backstory in a Sign-Up, just making sure to stick to key elements in their story? Also, what sort powers would characters have? I imagine everyone who migrated probably has some degree of enhanced stamina and strength. But would their be any additional powers for all characters, or would it be just limited to witches and people like that?

Also, would existing relationships from their previous community carry on following the migration?

I haven't read the Fables comic but I looked it up on TvTropes. Snow White/Big bad Wolf? Ew.

Yes, as long as you keep the basic elements of the story, you can change some things. I've seen lots of Fairy Tale adaptations so I'm curious to see what the RPers come up with. xD

There would be a skills/abilities section of the Sign Up, so yes characters would have 'powers' or at least some special skill relating to their story. (I've seen adaptations where Cinderella was part Fairy and could speak to animals and command them to do her bidding, or Sleeping Beauty could be aware of things going on for miles while she was asleep, and had supernatural fighting skills because of the Fairy blessings.) As long as there is a good reason why they can do this, it should work. Of course, I am going to have to monitor things so people don't go overboard.

I would imagine relationships from the previous community would carry over, unless there's a reason explained in the Sign Up why they didn't, or something happened after they migrated.

Last edited:

Minteh

It's so shiny!
I haven't read the Fables comic but I looked it up on TvTropes. Snow White/Big bad Wolf? Ew.

Yes, as long as you keep the basic elements of the story, you can change some things. I've seen lots of Fairy Tale adaptations so I'm curious to see what the RPers come up with. xD

There would be a skills/abilities section of the Sign Up, so yes characters would have 'powers' or at least some special skill relating to their story. (I've seen adaptations where Cinderella was part Fairy and could speak to animals and command them to do her bidding, or Sleeping Beauty could be aware of things going on for miles while she was asleep, and had supernatural fighting skills because of the Fairy blessings.) As long as there is a good reason why they can do this, it should work. Of course, I am going to have to monitor things so people don't go overboard.

I would imagine relationships from the previous community would carry over, unless there's a reason explained in the Sign Up why they didn't, or something happened after they migrated.

That's fair enough. But your confirmation on this give me ideas for a possible character! XD

So would it be more of a case of them having powers related to their story counterparts? Okay, that makes sense. Just nothing too overpowered, right?

Yeah, I was kinda curious how that would all work. Since you mentioned that they can die under certain circumstance, it would be interesting to see perhaps a character who lost a friend or loved one since they migrated.

Also, just another question, but would the characters have to have alter egos in our world? Cause I can't imagine all their names would go down particularly well haha.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
That could be interesting Mon. I can see where the 'Once Upon a Time' feel for it could get confusing, but as long as there's not too many players it shouldn't be too hard to keep track, even if people pick non-western tales.

Any interest in a school for villain's kids (kind of like Hallow Fields, not like Decedents)? Like very open; magic, science, chaos. . . and a bit of a battle tournament among the students.