• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RPG Ideas and Wishes

Vern

Why not both?
Any interest in a school for villain's kids (kind of like Hallow Fields, not like Decedents)? Like very open; magic, science, chaos. . . and a bit of a battle tournament among the students.

Okay, that sounds awesome. I'd be totally in for that.

Also, Mon, I'd be in for your one as well.

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
very vague idea here (well it's actually quite fleshed out but I'm being purposely vague). A school for gods/demi-gods, where they hone their abilities. The roleplay would have a focus on building relationships, as well as a much larger subplot of trying to eliminate an evil force.

Would anyone be interested in something of this calibre?

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
very vague idea here (well it's actually quite fleshed out but I'm being purposely vague). A school for gods/demi-gods, where they hone their abilities. The roleplay would have a focus on building relationships, as well as a much larger subplot of trying to eliminate an evil force.

Would anyone be interested in something of this calibre?

I call dibs on Aphrodite!

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
I call dibs on Aphrodite!

It wouldn't actually be real gods but rather descendants. I'd like original gods if anything. (You could be the god/goddess of love for example; or demi-god)

Yes!

Would it be limited to a certain group of gods like Greek, Aztec, etc or would we have free reign?

It would be completely original! You'd just state what god/demi-god you'd like (God of Art, God of War, God of Emotion, ect.) and choose your powers.

I'd like it that way for more freedom for everyone. I'd also probably add personifications, which would be like a human form of Pegasus, or a phoenix. (or any other beast from folktales)

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
It wouldn't actually be real gods but rather descendants. I'd like original gods if anything. (You could be the god/goddess of love for example; or demi-god)

It would be completely original! You'd just state what god/demi-god you'd like (God of Art, God of War, God of Emotion, ect.) and choose your powers.

I'd like it that way for more freedom for everyone. I'd also probably add personifications, which would be like a human form of Pegasus, or a phoenix. (or any other beast from folktales)

I'd have to see the finished product, but I could make that work. :3

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
I seriously doubt that Final Fantasy villains are what Hydra has in mind with that premise.

Yeah that wouldn't exactly be accepted here... I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

I'm not referring to Final Fantasy, I'm referring to Warhammer 40k, where there are four gods, called the Gods of Chaos, and the Emperor, a sort of godlike being who fights them.

When VampirateMace said Chaos, I thought he was referring to Warhammer Chaos. Now I understand what he's talking about, and I will change my comment immediately.

I apologize.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Yeah, probably going with order, time and fate. I already have a line. Kind of going for the massive jerk kind of god being.

I WAS, I AM, AND I WILL BE. CHAOS IS IN AND OF ITSELF A FORM OF ORDER, BUT THE DISTINCTION IS MERELY AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY. ALL WILL BE DUST ONCE MORE.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Hey everyone, so I saw that a lot of people in the setting preferences topic agreed with me that there needs to be more horror RPs in the world.

I'm gonna put spoilers up just in case you haven't encountered Guzzlord yet in USUM and don't want it to be spoiled for you!

I have this idea for an RP based off of the dimension where Guzzlord comes from, you know - the one that pretty much singlehandedly ousted Lavender Town as one of the darkest places in the franchise? I absolutely loved the setting when I got to it and was kinda disappointed that I couldn't explore the ruins of Aloha fully.

So the idea revolves around people like the guy in the area (it looks like a bunker to me at least) the wormhole brings you to before you encounter Guzzlord. A chilling thought to me is that yes, everyone having to flee the planet to survive is bad enough, but what about the people left behind to fend for themselves? Now that's something that fills me with dread! So imagine having to take the role of one of these unfortunate individuals struggling to survive in these wastelands dealing with the strong possibility that they might not live to see the next day? Or perhaps going on a downward spiral into isolation and madness as they try to keep going? Perhaps these people could be trying to bring themselves together in an attempt to grab at what remains of the world they once knew? The possibilities are almost limitless imo.

I think it has a huge amount of potential as not only a survival horror RP but a cosmic horror RP too, if we're gonna include elements from the Ultra Wormholes and such, but I feel I might not be able to tackle the project alone. If anybody would be interested in, like, co-GMing with me and helping develop the plot and the mechanics and stuff please let me know! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I would be very interested in this, depending on how the OP would turn out.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
So this is more of an interest check than anything but would anyone be interested in a Dragon Age RP?

I've wanted a Dragon Age RP on here for ages, and have always kinda held out hope one might crop up, especially since there were a few Mass Effect ones back in the day. I haven't got much down in the way of plot but I was thinking of setting the RP in the previous age (known as the Blessed Age), allowing for a bit more freedom storywise, as opposed to the constraints we could find ourselves in if it were set during events of the video games. I have two possible routes this can go from there: the first would take place in the middle of that age, focusing on events in Tevinter with the Qunari invasion; the second idea would take place in the later half of that age, and would be set in Ferelden mostly, with our characters focusing on investigating if the rumours of dragons returning are true.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Um... I don't know anything about Dragon Age, but I could be interested if it's similar to your standard fantasy RPG.

That's fair enough. Tbh I'm not expecting too many to be familiar with lore surrounding the series, hence why I was thinking of setting it in a different age, allowing for more freedom in writing and to make it more accessible for people not too familiar with the series.

Considering you mentioned about it being similar to your standard Fantasy RP, I would probably be inclined to set it in the second of the two options I suggested as that would be the less lore-heavy of the two options.

Skillfulness

Ok it's late and I've got work in the morning, but this idea has been killing me. Also hi from many years of not being here to everyone who may remember me! Finally bit the bullet and returned here because man this was a great time for me and I've been trying to get into writing again; what a good place to start things back up.

ANYWAY, on to the point of the idea that's been scratching at my mind. A sort of mystery/horror Pokemon RPG where a huge science facility goes into lockdown; the goal is to escape or discover what's causing the lockdown to lower it. Would love someone to co-GM as I was already thinking of having a bunch of different experimental groups, each with their own buildings and NPCs and whatnot, but want to gauge interest first to see if anyone would sign up in the first place. Also wow, Serebii is different, if there's another place I should be posting to ask about this let me know and I'll move it, thanks!